Haïti Canadian province

I propose that we send peacekeepers to Haiti who do not take sides with one clan or another, declare amnesty for criminals who wage war against each other, and have Haiti administered by Canadian officials and ask Haiti to become a Canadian province. We could grow fruit and generate tourism, and Haiti could benefit from Canadian institutions to rebuild the country, it would be a give-and-take.

Haiti is a waste of time and effort. We already have Quebec, why would we want another French problem???

We (the world)  have sent billions upon billions of dollars for decades and sent police and sent military and this country is still a peice of shit.

I have friends that had to go down there and said they are the laziest people on earth. They do nothing to help themselves . The men sit on stoops and smoke and then  go screw the women and make babies.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Canada simply does not have the military expeditionary capability to secure Haiti

you would be sending a small number of poorly equipped troops into a completely failed state

Canada already did this in Somalia on Op Deliverance, and it was a catastrophe

this sort of Neo Imperialism under the auspices of "humanitarian aid" always backfires

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

I propose that we send peacekeepers to Haiti who do not take sides with one clan or another, declare amnesty for criminals who wage war against each other, and have Haiti administered by Canadian officials and ask Haiti to become a Canadian province. We could grow fruit and generate tourism, and Haiti could benefit from Canadian institutions to rebuild the country, it would be a give-and-take.

I don’t think Haiti is the place for a Canadian protectorate.  Its history of dysfunction is too deep.  There was an opportunity with Turks and Caicos, but Canada doesn’t make such moves.  It’s a shame.  I’d love a Canadian Virgin Islands type setup where you could live and work in a great climate all year on a Canadian passport.  Climate is the only downside of Canada, except perhaps Vancouver Island and BC’s lower mainland.  

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Climate is the only downside of Canada

was the only downside

but that downside is being supplanted by all institutions in Canada being overrun by Marxist Leninists

Commie Canada would be no help to the Haitians, the Post National State would just make things worse

Canada can't even run Canada anymore, let alone trying to run third world failed states

pretty soon Canada will have the same breakdown of civil order, to wit, Haiti is coming to you

what's left of the Canadian Army will be required therein for boots on the streets at home

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Trudeau or Poilievre don't represent Canadians but the cia but now let's about making Haiti a Canadian province

the CIA is all in favour of invading and attempting to nation build in third world failed states

so if Trudeau & Poilievre were assets of the CIA, they would be gung-ho to invade & annex Haiti

that's exactly the sort of misguided military adventure which the CIA specializes in

the only military capability which Canada has for those sorts of CIA interventions

is Canadian Special Operations Forces Command ( CANSOFCOM )

Joint Task Force 2

Joint Task Force X

Canadian Special Operations Regiment

427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron

but again, this leads right back to Somalia in 1993

Canadian Black Hawk Down scenario

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t think Haiti is the place for a Canadian protectorate.  Its history of dysfunction is too deep. 

there is a geopolitical threat as well

since we are now in a conflict with the Russians

who are patrons of the Cubans & Venezuelans

thus  in the event of any Canadian military adventure into Haiti

I would expect to be facing Cuban backed Russian armed guerrillas in a proxy war therein

Canada could get itself into a mini Vietnam predicament, trying to play in the big leagues with the Russians

are Canadians prepared to see body bags coming home, for Haiti ?

bear in mind the commodification of warfare in play now

all the guerrillas need is cheap & plentiful drones to wreak havoc against a conventional military

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Gaétan said:

Haiti is one of the world's worst places and is full of criminals and gangs.  We should have nothing to do with it.  Canada has lots of problems of its own and we should look after Canadians first.  I think most Canadians would agree.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaétan said:

now let's about making Haiti a Canadian province

I don't understand the benefit to Canada, in inheriting a completely broken country, that literally is ungovernable. 

They import a significant portion of their resources, which is why life there is so incredibly expensive, when you consider their average salaries.

From gangs that are more powerful and influential than the government.

I wouldn't be able to commence to understand why one would want to inherit this mess.

This is speaking as a Haitian person who's parents fled the country, to give their kids a better shot at life.

I feel for the citizens who are the sole victims of this. I don't feel an ounce of remorse for the gang members or politicians.

• Like 1

And to think of all the civilized Caribbean countries we didn't consider because of the cost/benefit this would rate as the worst suggestion ever made.
If they begged to be given back to France they'd be told to manger de la merde

6 minutes ago, herbie said:

And to think of all the civilized Caribbean countries we didn't consider because of the cost/benefit this would rate as the worst suggestion ever made.
If they begged to be given back to France they'd be told to manger de la merde

Helping people in misery will lift you out of misery after your death

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Have you gone completely mad in the head? Why would Canadians want to make Haiti another province of Canada anyway? Have you been to Haiti and seen what the dump looks like? They have been given hundreds of billions of dollars  in aid from around the world and not a bloody thing has been done to the place to help make the black lives there any better. Haiti is a 3rd world hell hole. 

Haiti would be a better off Caribbean Island to live on if it were not for all of the corruption that has been going on on that island for decades now. If Haiti became a province, the Haitians there would flood Canada. I do not need any more third world losers coming to my country. No thanks. 👎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Helping people in misery will lift you out of misery after your death

You can help them out without taking them on as "helpless" dependents.  If they don't want a peaceful transition of power we can't force them to, we can just help.  France and Spain set up the country as their colony and brought the slaves etc so they should be primarily responsible for helping them achieve strong institutions to ensure law and order and hopefully democracy.

As Cuba and China show, democracy is good but isn't the most important thing for a poor country, law and order and stable and strong institutions are more important because the very worst thing is chaos and civil war.  It has nothing to do with "communism", it's about the strength of their government institutions to maintain order and stability.

A strong leader and government, even if it's a dictator who isn't a complete psychopath, is better than a country run by competing gangs with constant violence in the streets.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

A strong leader and government, even if it's a dictator who isn't a complete psychopath, is better than a country run by competing gangs with constant violence in the streets.

I just don't see how anyone but a dictator could bring any semblance of stability to this country.

I do believe however, that this is a country rotted at its core, that is simply irredeemable. Covid just accelerated the course it was headed towards, regardless, in my opinion.

Even before Covid, I couldn't mail anything to family.

You knew "the drill". Mail would get opened, checked for cash or anything of value, and would be poorly taped back up by post office workers. This is just known, and accepted as people don't have a choice.

Same with aid money sent to it. All Haitians I know would collectively roll their eyes as politicians would talk like the help was much needed, and will dutifully be distributed.

They technically aren't lying, but its dutifully distributed among the elites among them, while the people are left to struggle. 

Very reason after that major earthquake a few years ago, you don't see much rebuilt, even though the international community sent a significant amount of money to Haiti.

So gifts, gift cards or the like, were out of the question, needless to say, if mailing anything.

The level of corruption in Haiti, is so bad, that gas stations aren't only run by gangs, but police involve themselves too, due to how much profits are on the table.

From extortion, siphoning and reselling to you name it. Tons of business opportunities. 

You are literally above the law, if you have money. Rich? You could probably order killings and not see a day in jail. Ok, I will be honest. You definitely wouldn't see a day in jail.

This is at its core.

Judges, that are both corrupt and incompetent.

I get arrested in Port au Prince,  and don't have money for a lawyer, I could easily be forgotten in the system like many are, and spend life in jail for a petty offence.

IE all court documents are hand written, and handed to department to department. When you have this many moving pieces, you can only pray your file doesn't get lost in a pile of paper being dealt with by a single person.

Police. Politicians.

How do you fix a system that was never working in the first place? 

I don't blame those dusting their hands of this.

Get diplomats out, and let the country sort itself out.

11 hours ago, Gaétan said:

It seems insane to me to believe that individuals like Trudeau, Macron or Biden would do anything for Haiti other than put their people in more misery and the opposite would surprise me.

It seems insane to me that Haitians are a hopeless cause by self inflicted wounds.

People like Trudeau, Macron or Biden and their citizens are tired of shoving money into a hopeless cause.

Canada is as much currupted as Haïti, we just don't see it, actually since the rise of interest rates banks are stealing people more than ever, what it is? Corruption, the government and banks party together, and the problems in Haïti come from Trudeau and Biden but there activities are underground. I would say that they arm gangs over there but there real activities are hidden, underground. That's why i say that either Trudeau, Biden or Macron are not a solution to their problem because these people are real monsters. The medias don't show them as they are because these countries are deeply corrupted

13 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Canada is as much currupted as Haïti, we just don't see it, actually since the rise of interest rates banks are stealing people more than ever, what it is?

Canada has political corruption, but sorry, no...its not the same level.

Pay a police officer a grand to turn a blind eye to a crime you committed, and see how far that gets you here.

Easier to corrupt, when your police chief is making less than 500$ a month.

Your president making less than 20, 000$ a year.

How could you not bribe this guy with 100 000$ to literally do just about anything? 

Jovenel Moise was killed when several in his security detail turned a blind eye to his beating and murder.

The corruption isn't close.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Canada is as much currupted as Haïti, we just don't see it, actually since the rise of interest rates banks are stealing people more than ever, what it is? Corruption, the government and banks party together, and the problems in Haïti come from Trudeau and Biden but there activities are underground. I would say that they arm gangs over there but there real activities are hidden, underground. That's why i say that either Trudeau, Biden or Macron are not a solution to their problem because these people are real monsters. The medias don't show them as they are because these countries are deeply corrupted

Your "Canada" maybe LOL

In our Canada we call yours Quebec LOL

The problem in Haiti are the lazy ass men sitting on stoops smoking instead of working.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Canada has political corruption, but sorry, no...its not the same level.

Pay a police officer a grand to turn a blind eye to a crime you committed, and see how far that gets you here.

Easier to corrupt, when your police chief is making less than 500$ a month.

Your president making less than 20, 000$ a year.

How could you not bribe this guy with 100 000$ to literally do just about anything? 

Jovenel Moise was killed when several in his security detail turned a blind eye to his beating and murder.

The corruption isn't close.

For you banks stealing billions in Canada is nothing, but a policeman who gets 10 bucks in haïti a big crime. Canada is billions times more corrupted than Haïti. Canada and US are the more corrupted countries in the world.

Edited by Gaétan