"Manhole Covers" now Identify as "Equipment Access Covers". MISGENDER THEM AT YOUR ON PERIL!

https://www.westernstandard.news/news/bc-bans-the-phrase-manhole-covers-now-called-equipment-access-covers/52784

BC bans the phrase 'manhole covers' — now called ‘equipment access covers’

🤣

BC Rules. We also had the covid Tzar who pimped "gloryhole sex" during covid. 

Every other place on earth sucks by comparison. Suck it down, losers!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Every other place on earth sucks by comparison.

Earth is going to become quite right-wing in the near future and it'll suck everywhere. I guess people just feel like they need to tie down a few loose ends before the storm hits.

You'll have plenty of time to go about unraveling everything to your liking soon enough.

This is the sort of clueless and completely out-of-touch stupidity that lends credibility to the "REeeEE!   WOKE WOKE WOKE!" crowd.    

Nobody reasonable was ever offended or felt excluded by the term manhole cover.  Zero effort, money or attention is warranted to this kind of foolishness. 

Edited by Moonbox

Changing the name is one thing.

However, the cost of actually doing so, is where this becomes ridiculous.

I see it like a street named after a politician owning slaves being renamed to something more inclusive. 

This is a monumental task, as involves all businesses changing their address, Canada Post, Google and so on.

Insanely costly in time and money, because you're not wanting to offend anyone. It literally accomplished zero, and costs millions of dollars easily.

The hilarious part to me, is if there were homeless encampments on that street.

Not laughing at their plight, but rather how the priority would be that the street they slept on, didn't have an offensive name vs the problem flooding it, along with deadly drugs.

I see it like that person that goes to a comedy club, feeling entitled not to be offended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Basically. I was liberal my entire life, and Trudeau nudged me to the right. 

I don't see myself ever voting liberal, again. 

That only nudges you farther right than Trudeau from my perspective. I haven't voted for a Liberal in almost 40 years.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Earth is going to become quite right-wing in the near future

You'll have plenty of time to go about unraveling everything to your liking soon enough.

praise the Lord

"As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal";

Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

This is the sort of clueless and completely out-of-touch stupidity that lends credibility to the "REeeEE!   WOKE WOKE WOKE!" crowd.

I got my new Master's Certificate in the mail the other day so cheer up, someone in Ottawa still has their priorities straight. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Basically. I was liberal my entire life, and Trudeau nudged me to the right.

keep coming, brother

the left is towards the lunatic Commune in the streets, bringing a guillotine in an apple cart to your door

the right is towards natural rights endowed by God Himself in the face of that

do not succumb to the rule of a mob

seize your birthright as a sacred individual who answers to no man, only God

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

That only nudges you farther right than Trudeau from my perspective. I haven't voted for a Liberal in almost 40 years.

You have an excuse eyeball your from BC..everything is tilted to the left in BC even the mountains...

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You have an excuse eyeball your from BC..everything is tilted to the left in BC even the mountains...

Actually the Pacific Plate's subduction under the North American Plate is pushing everything to the right, assuming you're facing north and we all agree that's up. If not we could spend forever arguing over our perspectives.

In any case we're both still in the same place as everyone else on the planet, directly over the centre of it. Assuming that's in as opposed to down. If I said down you could argue it was up if you were on the other side of the planet.

One of these days I want to go to the tip of South America and look out into space where everything is upside down.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the left is towards the lunatic Commune in the streets, bringing a guillotine in an apple cart to your door

I used to relate to liberal voters. Now many aren't recognizable to me.

Kind of like having a friend try meth for the first time, and bumping into them again years later, as they ask you for change:

"I used to look up to you..."

Same shock to lose someone to those deep waters.

My sibling is far left, but we get along as we don't talk politics.

But hearing their kids at times, make me cringe, at how they decry fat shaming, slut shaming, and how their skin color is why they struggle, as they sit in their huge house, with every single electronic at their fingertips. Anxiety at if they will die due to climate change, or all the other causes keeping them being these balls of stress.

Just the entitlement, at watching how some of these kids talk to their parents.

How this generation seems to feel like it can educate you on all issues, with no life experience, skills or anything.

Of course, the most "knowledgeable" don't work, never traveled and are limited to Google for knowledge.

Also, can decry what's wrong with society, alphabetically.

Non contributing, but feel they can change things and improve the world.

How could I not move right?

Either I grab the crack pipe and join, or stay away from meth altogether, knowing what it does to the brain.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Does that translate 'that you've never voted' in 40 years? . . . . 

No only on occasion.

Your posts are so left wing a ding ding .

Thanks! Your's go right wing a ding dong.  

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I used to relate to liberal voters. Now many aren't recognizable to me.

Kind of like having a friend try meth for the first time, and bumping into them again years later, as they ask you for change:

"I used to look up to you..."

Same shock to lose someone to those deep waters.

My sibling is far left, but we get along as we don't talk politics.

But hearing their kids at times, make me cringe, at how they decry fat shaming, slut shaming, and how their skin color is why they struggle, as they sit in their huge house, with every single electronic at their fingertips. Anxiety at if they will die due to climate change, or all the other causes keeping them being these balls of stress.

How this generation seems to feel like it can educate you on all issues, with no life experience, skills or anything.

Of course, the most "knowledgeable" don't work, never traveled and are limited to Google for knowledge.

Also, can decry what's wrong with society, alphabetically.

Non contributing, but feel they can change things and improve the world.

How could I not move right?

Either I grab the crack pipe and join, or stay away from meth altogether, knowing what it does to the brain.

oh I understand completely

but these people are not actually liberals

this is the collectivism and moral panic of the left in the French Revolution

it's radical & authoritarian, not liberal

this is essentially dealing with people who have been indoctrinated into a cult

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I regret doing it to vote Trudeau in the first time around.

For this, I deeply apologize.

it's not your fault

Trudeau is a pathologically lying psychopath with a false persona which he wears as a mask

you are not the perpetrator, you are the victim of his deception

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Wait until they get their hands on the trillions they'll soon be inheriting from their parents. I'm sure they'll be in the best position to put it to good use.

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Trudeau is a pathologically lying psychopath with a false persona which he wears as a mask

His drama background helps him more, than actual competence. Kind of sad.

I know he's bad when even my far leftist sibling hates him and voted NDP. They sort of regret that one now, though.

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

His drama background helps him more, than actual competence.

that's what psychopaths do

they lack human empathy and are totally self interested narccisists

so they have to fake it, they have create a false persona, to try to fool you

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I would have to agree. 

liberal and progressive are not the same thing

liberalism is the liberties of the individual against the rule of a collective

progressive is the opposite, wherein the rights of the collective take precedence over the individual