Harvard professor needs armed protection

50 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Everyone here being you and like two other extremely stupid posters. Big deal.

1otri4.jpg?a474744

If this was true you and your beat off brigade wouldn't have to lie about what I say and make up silly little strawmen to contort my arguments into what you want them to be instead of what they are. Again: not my problem.

You've never made a coherent argument in your life, your entire existence here is to start pissing contests. Opinion discarded.

Everyone everywhere kiddo :)    you're impressing no one at all

I'm sorry - did you think you were  doing well?  ROFLMAO!!!!

And your constant sexual references DEFINITELY don't make you sound like a virgin with self esteem issues. Not at all.

And lets face it kid - you have no idea what a coherent argument looks like.  You're a below average thinker at best.  And i'm being a little kind.  And it obviously makes you very angry.

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

It's pretty disturbing, but not at all surprising, that this man gets death threats because he published something that shoots down a longstanding myth pushed by the left.

He didn't "shoot down" anything. His study analyzed data from the Houston Police Department only. That doesn't mean he proved that there is no race bias in policing. 

5 hours ago, Black Dog said:

1. Guy wrote a flawed study using used flawed data from one city to conclude cops don't shot Black people at higher rates

2. got suspended for being a sex pest

3. and is now doing the cancel culture grifter circuit, tale as old as time.

1.  Cite

2. ok

3. cite

Jail him for hate speech like denying the holocaust.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i laughed out loud.

anybody else? is the this the general consensus among "conservatives"? that statistically black people are more poor and have less access to health care and education due to "de-motivational" speeches given to them by people who support the democratic party?

i'd also be happy to see cites of GOP policies that have been proposed to help black impoverished populations. but its mostly stuff like the following.

Mississippi Republicans pass bill to create separate, unelected court in majority-Black city

Actually there's a lot of black speakers who talk about that very thing. They say it's a huge deal culturally.

In canada we have the same issues recorded with first nations.

Sorry but if you thought that WASN"T a real thing and a serious problem you were very mistaken.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Actually there's a lot of black speakers who talk about that very thing. They say it's a huge deal culturally.

In canada we have the same issues recorded with first nations.

Sorry but if you thought that WASN"T a real thing and a serious problem you were very mistaken.

i apologize if i gave the wrong impression that language is not important. it is.

but is this the biggest issue? is this the most pressing concern for black communities? de-montivational language? and thats the whole problem? nothing else could possibly be to blame?

image.thumb.jpeg.82b7935ba8d59a284ffd0823213611ba.jpeg

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Another old tale - somebody being threatened being held up as evidence that there is no value to views opposing mine.  

I would like that to be true, only for the purpose of driving The Rebel out of business for inciting racist mass murders, at least to a degree.

But something happened somewhere, hit the woke horn: WOKE WOKE

The story is evidence that woke can be like a religion, like Trumpism, and if someone is a heretic the fundamentalists start threatening to throw stones.

We live in a society where many on the left and right are out of their minds, emotions rule over reason, and the fringe is more mainstream than ever.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

i apologize if i gave the wrong impression that language is not important. it is.

but is this the biggest issue? is this the most pressing concern for black communities? de-montivational language? and thats the whole problem? nothing else could possibly be to blame?

I think it's a pretty major one but only a fool would suggest that there's only one significant problem in the black communities affecting their prosperity - i honestly have no data on whether it's the biggest or not. But it is very significant. This is most often manifest in parents and peers talking to young people and kids - it can do real and very serious damage as i understand it.

But, for sure while it's  A thing it's not the ONLY thing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I think it's a pretty major one but only a fool would suggest that there's only one significant problem in the black communities affecting their prosperity - i honestly have no data on whether it's the biggest or not. But it is very significant. This is most often manifest in parents and peers talking to young people and kids - it can do real and very serious damage as i understand it.

But, for sure while it's  A thing it's not the ONLY thing.

great answer.

so my question to others is... what are those other things?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Everyone everywhere kiddo :)    you're impressing no one at all

I'm sorry - did you think you were  doing well?  ROFLMAO!!!!

And your constant sexual references DEFINITELY don't make you sound like a virgin with self esteem issues. Not at all.

And lets face it kid - you have no idea what a coherent argument looks like.  You're a below average thinker at best.  And i'm being a little kind.  And it obviously makes you very angry.

I wonder if one went through all your tens of thousands of posts and dug out how many are ones like this where you try to suck your own dick versus actual arguments what would the ratio be? 1,000 to one? More? You're a joke.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Black Dog said:

I wonder if one went through all your tens of thousands of posts and dug out how many are ones like this where you try to suck your own dick versus actual arguments what would the ratio be? 1,000 to one? More? You're a joke.

Ahhh more penis talk. You really are obsessed with penises aren't you.

LOL - well it' not like anyone respected you anyway :)

Sorry to hear about your self esteem issues -  i'm sure someday you'll find a nice boy in the real world and you'll be much happier.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Ahhh more penis talk. You really are obsessed with penises aren't you.

LOL - well it' not like anyone respected you anyway :)

Sorry to hear about your self esteem issues -  i'm sure someday you'll find a nice boy in the real world and you'll be much happier.

Lol at getting called out for self-esteem issues by a guy who has to post 400 times a day to find validation among a group of likeminded halfwits. Again: look in the mirror, ******.

44 minutes ago, godzilla said:

great answer.

so my question to others is... what are those other things?

That's a pretty complex question and i don't think you can look at the black communities as being homogenous enough to say all problems are faced by all communities. Just like you can't say that for white people or any other race. Or that they're seperate enough to say that many of the challenges they are often reported to face aren't the same in every similar community.

For example some cover EVERY race in the same situation. for example poverty while young can be a deterrent to prosperity, but that's equally true of whites and blacks and anyone else. Lower incomes winds up addressing most of the 'issues' often mentioned such as education for some communities but again it's the same for any lower income community.

The prevalence of single mothers is definitely a major hold back, and that ties into the poverty thing again as single moms are less likely to be financially prosperous.

Criminal orgs often prey on black and ethnic communities to recruit, suggesting that's their only way to achieve anything. That's a problem.

Many of the problems of the past are long gone, so old data is less helpful.  Consider for example some of the issues in the book 'unpacking the invisible knapsack" which outlined barriers 30 years ago  (incorrectly in many cases but fairly in others) - it noted no blacks on tv for role models and other things, and of course today there are many many black characters on tv shows.

Some suggest a lack of generational wealth is an issue but that's just back to poverty.

the fact is there's not a lot holding back black people from success especially things that are uniquely impacting the black community. A fact highlighted by the large number of successful black people.

If a black person finishes high school,  gets a job (any job statistically) and doesnt' have a kid till they're in a committed relationship they will almost certainly enter the middle class in short order and will be fairly upwardly mobile. Statistically that is just a simple truth.

9 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Lol at getting called out for self-esteem issues by a guy who has to post 400 times a day to find validation among a group of likeminded halfwits. Again: look in the mirror, ******.

Sure kiddo :)  That's all you're left with - post count ;)   Like every other drooling 1diot who can't actually make a point :)   Maybe you and Moonbox can split the cost of a therapist :)  

You misuse words, you make poor arguments, you have to backtrack constantly and change what you said and then you freak out when it all falls apart for you. 

Kid - you don't have half the brains of the people you're criticizing, and in fact you don't have half the brains of the people we're usually making fun of.  You're seriously bottom of the barrel and obviously that infuriates you.  

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. The story is evidence that woke can be like a religion, like Trumpism, and if someone is a heretic the fundamentalists start threatening to throw stones.

2. We live in a society where many on the left and right are out of their minds, emotions rule over reason, and the fringe is more mainstream than ever.

1. Which is pretty plainly known and applies to all religion-like belief systems including and especially 'religion'.  People bring it up as though it means something but it doesn't.   Here's a woke idi*t in Nevada who said something, therefore all woke is invalid... all ideas of progressivity are therefore suspicious.  Same as the many videos of Trump MAGA idi*ts being interviewed.  News flash is that since about 1/2 the USA voted MAGA in 2016, these people aren't representative.

2. How could we ever do an objective assessment of how we're doing in this environment ?  Any ideas ?  Honest question.  We could measure things like literacy, life expectancy, real income vs GDP, and such.  Would it be worthwhile to agree on some measures for assessing the health of our public sphere first - without peeking - then going out and finding out the reality ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

you've had your say now let others speak.

🤗

is the this the general consensus among "conservatives" that statistically black people are more poor

Yes

and have less access to health care

Kinda. It's hard to say now. People who had medical plans before have less coverage now, and people who didn't pay for a plan or get one from their work have more than they used to.

I don't know what the difference is now, but it's slight afaik. 

It's less 'fair' now for people who work but better for people who don't.

and education

They have the same access to education, but their schools aren't good because the Dems ensure that they all have negative outlooks towards schooling. 

due to "de-motivational" speeches given to them by people who support the democratic party?

The schooling is what suffers greatly, and that comes straight from the mouths of the Dems.

If you tell kids their life will be dangerous and their prospects are sh1t, for some reason those little kids will believe you. They will begrudgingly waste their time in schools that are "really only there for other races", according to the Dems.

Once you have convinced them that they don't need an education and that the world hates them, they might as well be in shackles. 

Throughout all of history children have been moulded from birth to be what they'll be as adults. If your mom is a shaman/healer and you're born a girl, chances are that's what you'll learn growing up. When you turn 14-18, and your society starts to expect contributions from you, but you decide that you want to fish, or hunt, it's probably too late to learn to do that effectively. You're gonna be a shaman/healer and it will be too hard to learn to do something else well as an adult. 

Back to black kids - they are basically groomed to not get an education. Sure, their teacher tells them one thing, but the cool black kids in the movies are streetwise: they sass grown-up crackas and they ain't need no schoolin' from y'all mothoforkas. The cool rappers di'int get no schoolin'. Thay learnt on tha streets. They guys in their hood who have money and power got it from bein' gangsta. 

When black actors complain about being pigeon-holed they don't mean they're sick of the same old roles for themselves, they're sick of portraying blacks in general as certain types of people. 

All of the people who are leftists push black kids to one side of the tracks. Actors and actresses, rappers, hip-hoppers (not gonna say 'artists'), politicians, etc, all contribute to that one stereotype. "School ain't for you, sucka. You need handouts from the gov't. You know who to vote for or you ain't black."

If my kid was black the last thing I'd ever tell them is that they're not gonna have opportunities, or that wrestling with the cops or badmouthing them is legit. I'd tell them to ignore every shitty thing they see on TV and in rap songs and from Michelle Obama, and look up to successful people, period. Not even black ones, just people. Anyone in this age who can be polite, never do the minimum, and have a bit of class and integrity will stand out like a sore thumb. There's never been an easier time to stand out from the crowd. 

26 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's a pretty complex question and i don't think you can look at the black communities as being homogenous enough to say all problems are faced by all communities. Just like you can't say that for white people or any other race. Or that they're seperate enough to say that many of the challenges they are often reported to face aren't the same in every similar community.

For example some cover EVERY race in the same situation. for example poverty while young can be a deterrent to prosperity, but that's equally true of whites and blacks and anyone else. Lower incomes winds up addressing most of the 'issues' often mentioned such as education for some communities but again it's the same for any lower income community.

The prevalence of single mothers is definitely a major hold back, and that ties into the poverty thing again as single moms are less likely to be financially prosperous.

Criminal orgs often prey on black and ethnic communities to recruit, suggesting that's their only way to achieve anything. That's a  aproblem.

Many of the problems of the past are long gone, so old data is less helpful.  Consider for example some of the issues in the book 'unpacking the invisible knapsack" which outlined barriers 30 years ago  (incorrectly in many cases but fairly in others) - it noted no blacks on tv for role models and other things, and of course today there are many many black characters on tv shows.

Some suggest a lack of generational wealth is an issue but that's just back to poverty.

the fact is there's not a lot holding back black people from success especially things that are uniquely impacting the black community. A fact highlighted by the large number of successful black people.

If a black person finishes high school,  gets a job (any job statistically) and doesnt' have a kid till they're in a committed relationship they will almost certainly enter the middle class in short order and will be fairly upwardly mobile. Statistically that is just a simple truth.

i agree with everything you say. the brunt of which is... if a subgroup of the population is poor. they will remain predominantly poor without intervention.

so the question around racism becomes... when one race is predominantly rich by population and another is not then is that racism? some make the argument that south african aparthied was racist and yet it was almost entirely economic segregation.

i've maintained on this forum that "conservatives" here are entirely "social conservatives" with little interest in economic issues. and yet, REAL politics is ALL economic. money does not care what race people are.

if people want to insist that aparthied is not racism but is still bad then i'm all for it. because that means something is still wrong when a population is somehow prevented, through policy or lack of economic equity, to thrive.

to me, this is the MAGA movement. not poor black inner city populations but rural poor whites who also have not had access to the american dream. is it MAGA that are blaming the black poor by claiming that they have everything they need to succeed? how ironic. and yet, how perfect for the status quo of the wealthy class. there's nothing like getting your enemy fighting against themselves. and not giving offer any solutions aside from protection from "woke" values.

Edited by godzilla

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

🤗

Yes

Kinda. It's hard to say now. People who had medical plans before have less coverage now, and people who didn't pay for a plan or get one from their work have more than they used to.

I don't know what the difference is now, but it's slight afaik. 

It's less 'fair' now for people who work but better for people who don't.

They have the same access to education, but their schools aren't good because the Dems ensure that they all have negative outlooks towards schooling. 

The schooling is what suffers greatly, and that comes straight from the mouths of the Dems.

If you tell kids their life will be dangerous and their prospects are sh1t, for some reason those little kids will believe you. They will begrudgingly waste their time in schools that are "really only there for other races", according to the Dems.

Once you have convinced them that they don't need an education and that the world hates them, they might as well be in shackles. 

Throughout all of history children have been moulded from birth to be what they'll be as adults. If your mom is a shaman/healer and you're born a girl, chances are that's what you'll learn growing up. When you turn 14-18, and your society starts to expect contributions from you, but you decide that you want to fish, or hunt, it's probably too late to learn to do that effectively. You're gonna be a shaman/healer and it will be too hard to learn to do something else well as an adult. 

Back to black kids - they are basically groomed to not get an education. Sure, their teacher tells them one thing, but the cool black kids in the movies are streetwise: they sass grown-up crackas and they ain't need no schoolin' from y'all mothoforkas. The cool rappers di'int get no schoolin'. Thay learnt on tha streets. They guys in their hood who have money and power got it from bein' gangsta. 

When black actors complain about being pigeon-holed they don't mean they're sick of the same old roles for themselves, they're sick of portraying blacks in general as certain types of people. 

All of the people who are leftists push black kids to one side of the tracks. Actors and actresses, rappers, hip-hoppers (not gonna say 'artists'), politicians, etc, all contribute to that one stereotype. "School ain't for you, sucka. You need handouts from the gov't. You know who to vote for or you ain't black."

If my kid was black the last thing I'd ever tell them is that they're not gonna have opportunities, or that wrestling with the cops or badmouthing them is legit. I'd tell them to ignore every shitty thing they see on TV and in rap songs and from Michelle Obama, and look up to successful people, period. Not even black ones, just people. Anyone in this age who can be polite, never do the minimum, and have a bit of class and integrity will stand out like a sore thumb. There's never been an easier time to stand out from the crowd. 

well other conservatives on the forum don't seem to agree that this is the only problem. it's mostly a socioeconomic problem. its reflected in many sub populations throughout history.

and its a tough argument to blame all of it on modern Democratic policy. the party that has a far better record in policy to support workers rights, minimum wages and pushes for educational and economic diversification to at least get black people properly represented in the american dream. what has the GOP done working stiffs the last 20 years? i'm listening. its not nothing but... not much either.

but black people know who are trying to make things more equitable for them and are supporting safety nets that only poor people have to rely on.

rural whites do not know whats going on. i've seen so many interviews on line of poor rural people having medical insurance for the first time under the Affordable Care Act, knowing that Trump wants to get rid of it (remember he tried before but was blocked by his party because he didn't have anything to replace it with) but still supporting him. and so he says he's going to have something much better. he says a lot of things. yet he has no plans. like solving the Ukrainian with a phone call.

again, again, again... Trumps only major signature policy passed:

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

i note that "conservatives" have yet to even touch this piece of legislation.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure kiddo :)  That's all you're left with - post count ;)   Like every other drooling 1diot who can't actually make a point :)   Maybe you and Moonbox can split the cost of a therapist :)  

You misuse words, you make poor arguments, you have to backtrack constantly and change what you said and then you freak out when it all falls apart for you. 

Kid - you don't have half the brains of the people you're criticizing, and in fact you don't have half the brains of the people we're usually making fun of.  You're seriously bottom of the barrel and obviously that infuriates you.  

Insane levels of projection going on here. No one who is actually confident enough in their intellect and the soundness of their arguments would spend as much time puffing themselves up as you do.

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

rural whites do not know whats going on. i've seen so many interviews on line of poor rural people having medical insurance for the first time under the Affordable Care Act, knowing that Trump wants to get rid of it (remember he tried before but was blocked by his party because he didn't have anything to replace it with) but still supporting him. and so he says he's going to have something much better. he says a lot of things. yet he has no plans. like solving the Ukrainian with a phone call.

I recall recently seeing a TV news hit from the states where they were interviewing people in a deep Trump red state about a new (IIRC) solar panel manufacturing plant being built in their community. All were in favour until they were told it was being made possible because of the Inflation Reduction Act at which point they instantly switched to being against it. Watching the switch flip in real time was fascinating to see.

7 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I recall recently seeing a TV news hit from the states where they were interviewing people in a deep Trump red state about a new (IIRC) solar panel manufacturing plant being built in their community. All were in favour until they were told it was being made possible because of the Inflation Reduction Act at which point they instantly switched to being against it. Watching the switch flip in real time was fascinating to see.

yeah, interesting. there's no end to that stuff.

there's an interesting European documentary about US survivalists in the midwest thats easy to find. the survivalists were all dedicated Republicans and fiercely anti government. and every one of them "survived" on social security cheques!

Edited by godzilla

56 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Which is pretty plainly known and applies to all religion-like belief systems including and especially 'religion'.  People bring it up as though it means something but it doesn't.   Here's a woke idi*t in Nevada who said something, therefore all woke is invalid... all ideas of progressivity are therefore suspicious.  Same as the many videos of Trump MAGA idi*ts being interviewed.  News flash is that since about 1/2 the USA voted MAGA in 2016, these people aren't representative.

2. How could we ever do an objective assessment of how we're doing in this environment ?  Any ideas ?  Honest question.  We could measure things like literacy, life expectancy, real income vs GDP, and such.  Would it be worthwhile to agree on some measures for assessing the health of our public sphere first - without peeking - then going out and finding out the reality ?

1.  This story shows how leftwing activists are dominating even the most respected universities and bullying/threatening a professor who dares to publish evidence that doesn't align with their leftwing political agenda.  This is an attack on academia and shouldn't be tolerated.  It's an important story and a worrying trend that needs to be combated.  We aren't going to stop reporting on Muslim terrorism just because some people think it makes Islam look bad.

If white nationalists dominated Harvard and bullied/threatened profs who published evidence against their agendas this would also be worrisome.  Would you be complaining about that story?  No.

2.  One measure of success for academia is how open academics are to express different ideas.   If there's enforced groupthink it means some facts are going to be suppressed, which is dangerous for society.

The most effective way to convince people of an argument is to silence opinions and evidence to the contrary.  By definition this is called brainwashing.

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

i agree with everything you say. the brunt of which is... if a subgroup of the population is poor. they will remain predominantly poor without intervention.

Well i don't know if i said anything about intervention at all but it will impact their pathways and opportunities to prosperity. They may have fewer options or may have to do more initially or it may take longer to achieve the same levels.

But it's not a barrier.  Lots and lots of poor people of all types move into the middle class, and there ARE paths.

So the question around racism becomes... when one race is predominantly rich by population and another is not then is that racism? some make the argument that south african aparthied was racist and yet it was almost entirely economic segregation.

Not ipso facto, no.   In fact at this point it may not be racist in the slightest. Poor is poor and has the same challenges regardless of race.  So while a population subgroup may today be on average less wealthy due ot issues from the past that does not mean that their economic situation today is due to racism.

i've maintained on this forum that "conservatives" here are entirely "social conservatives" with little interest in economic issues. and yet, REAL politics is ALL economic. money does not care what race people are.

Well if i recall properly you mostly participate in the american discussions and it's harder for me to comment with authority on the predominant American 'conservative' thinking as it's not interchangeable with Canadian conservative thinking exactly, but in canada i'd say go kiss my cod you cretinous bulbos toad!  Or something like that, probably. 

if people want to insist that aparthied is not racism but is still bad then i'm all for it. because that means something is still wrong when a population is somehow prevented, through policy or lack of economic equity, to thrive.

You know the blacks are all over  going back to apartied right now right?  UBC just opened a 'blacks only' lounge a week or two ago.

to me, this is the MAGA movement. not poor black inner city populations but rural poor whites who also have not had access to the american dream. is it MAGA that are blaming the black poor by claiming that they have everything they need to succeed?

I don't really see that happening but i'm not in america so maybe i missed it.  It sounds to ME like the 'maga' types are more interested in worrying about jobs being created in the states and getting rid of illegal immigrants than they are worried about black people.  But that's obviously an outsider's viewpoint.

how ironic. and yet, how perfect for the status quo of the wealthy class. there's nothing like getting your enemy fighting against themselves. and not giving offer any solutions aside from protection from "woke" values.

In order to succeed for the most part all the average person of any colour needs is for the gov't and others to get out of their way and to do the work.

Statisically if you finish highschool, get a job, and don't have a kid out of a committed relationship, you will in short order be comfortably into the middle class.