Feds Delay MAID for Mental Health again

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Is it really that difficult to grasp the difference?  One is a right.  The other is a violation of rights.  

Despite your bogeyman hypothetical scenarios, it’s an individual right under our Charter.  It goes against our Charter for the state to kill prisoners.  

Charters can be changed or amended, at anytime....this topic about killing murders used to be a moral issue, well now that we are thinking about killing those that are incapable of understanding what killing oneself is...we lost that moral argument... 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Pulling the plug on life support will kill someone, correct?

If someone dies because he or she has chosen to let life run its natural course, that is entirely different from using an unnatural means to end one’s life.  It’s called suicide or killing to poison oneself or use some other tool to end life, however you wish to dress it up euphemistically.  At least be honest about what you’re advocating.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

I value life so much that I don't feel I have the right to control how others live it.

I think a suicide is at tragedy, not a sin.

Keep your sins between yourself and your god. 

People are either deceived by Satan and the world system or they follow God.  There is no middle ground or other way.  Sadly we see what side you are on. 

When such people have been repeatedly warned and told the facts about God, and they still reject it, they are in very serious trouble.  It is entirely on them.

What makes people like you tick and why you believe the way you do is a mystery.  But you obviously are unwilling to listen to anyone.  It is tragic.  Like watching an addict destroy himself.  You are the only one that can change your thinking if you wanted to, but you don't give any indication you are at all interested.

Just now, blackbird said:

People are either deceived by Satan and the world system or they follow God.  There is no middle ground or other way.  Sadly we see what side you are on. 

When such people have been repeatedly warned and told the facts about God, and they still reject it, they are in very serious trouble.  It is entirely on them.

What makes people like you tick and why you believe the way you do is a mystery.  But you obviously are unwilling to listen to anyone.  It is tragic.  Like watching an addict destroy himself.  You are the only one that can change your thinking if you wanted to, but you don't give any indication you are at all interested.

Feeling is mutual. I won’t try to control your life or how it ends, show me the same courtesy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Your slogan was “killing isn’t healthcare” and it was a fact.  I gave a scenario where killing was healthcare.  Just change your slogan.  

No you haven’t.  Removing life support may or may not result in death depending on what the body does on its own. That’s entirely different from taking poison or plunging a dagger into oneself.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

No you haven’t.  Removing life support may or may not result in death depending on what the body does on its own.  That’s entirely different from taking poison or plunging a dagger into oneself.

Oh, there are nuances now?  Maybe that’s why, as I said, slogans are weak-sauce.   Simple words for simple minds. 

Thou shalt not kill….   Well, except for soldiers….  and police….  and self defence….  and…. and….  
Sloganeering doesn’t resolve anything. 

Edited by TreeBeard

On 1/30/2024 at 9:27 AM, TreeBeard said:

We do all the time.   Do you take antibiotics, or is that thwarting God’s will?   Shouldn’t you die a “natural death like God intended”?

I saw David Suzuki - the world's highest-IQ idjit - trying to make a similar point about fertility procedures.

He figured that helping people overcome their inability to reproduce was "playing God", and going a step too far.

I don't know how that's any different from saving the life of a person with a genetic disease who then goes on to reproduce, or saving a kid with cancer or something else who goes on to reproduce, or even giving a 17 yr old antibiotics to fight off a common infection. If someone needs antibiotics to fight off complications of the flu, does this hardline David Suzuki guy really want that person's genes to stay in the pool?

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Debate is healthy and necessary, but when in doubt, err on the side of caution.

🤣

New here?

First rule of the Repolitics Fight Club: "When in doubt, call people names, use a Google search as a 'cite', and quote Rachel Maddow, AOC or MTG." 

Grab a glove and get in the game, bro. 

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Satan?  LOL

Was that an insult?

😈

Depends... To conservatives and anyone else who aspires to the positive, it's an insult, but if you carry a Satanist Club Card you can use it to get into DNC and LPOC events, so it has its uses. 

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I saw David Suzuki - the world's highest-IQ idjit - trying to make a similar point about fertility procedures.

He figured that helping people overcome their inability to reproduce was "playing God", and going a step too far.

I don't know how that's any different from saving the life of a person with a genetic disease who then goes on to reproduce, or saving a kid with cancer or something else who goes on to reproduce, or even giving a 17 yr old antibiotics to fight off a common infection. If someone needs antibiotics to fight off complications of the flu, does this hardline David Suzuki guy really want that person's genes to stay in the pool?

Suzuki should stick to making motorbikes.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Before antibiotics a cut finger could kill you. Our only defence against bacterial infections was the use of antiseptics to try and prevent them in the first place. Gangrene was common in wounds and the only way to fight it was amputation before it infected the whole body.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Before antibiotics a cut finger could kill you. Our only defence against bacterial infections was the use of antiseptics to try and prevent them in the first place. Gangrene was common in wounds and the only way to fight it was amputation before it infected the whole body.

MRSA still kills.  

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

BTW, flu is a virus which aren't treatable with antibiotics.

Yup. Hence:  

If someone needs antibiotics to fight off complications of the flu

It's not uncommon to get bronchitis, even pneumonia, from having the flu. Those things can be treated with antibiotics. 

Edited by WestCanMan

20 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I agree. But another couple hundred years is alright. Things are just startin to get good. I'm smarter now, more capable, more loving and compassionate. At my age you reach a certain level of mastery, everyone looks up to you and needs you. But I figure got maybe ten years left, or twenty at the most.

So in a way I am ripe for it. Ambrosia. Food for the gods...

;) 

I will still look up to you, pilgrim

when we meet in the next world to come

right up yonder, Christians, away up yonder

over the river, under the shade of the trees

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Charters can be changed or amended, at anytime....this topic about killing murders used to be a moral issue, well now that we are thinking about killing those that are incapable of understanding what killing oneself is...we lost that moral argument... 

But you understand so you are capable of making those decisions for them.

People who choose MAID aren’t suicidal, I suspect the great majority would choose life if it had any promise for them at all.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

But you understand so you are capable of making those decisions for them.

People who choose MAID aren’t suicidal, I suspect the great majority would choose life if it had any promise for them at all.

I understand that there are people who the medical world can not help and those people are suffering every minute of the day....and that there is no cure or help them live a normal life...I have no problem here...but we are expanding all of that 

where i disagree, is someone making that call for them, unless they fit into the above category...

What i keep referring to is people with mental health issues, that have been deemed incapable of making those calls by themselves, or people that are struggling with mental health issues that are not suffering from pain, or life threatening conditions as they can be cured over time...I get it it is their call , it is their life, but in a few years these people could be living a normal life ...