The many problems with Electric vehicles.

I was watching the news this morning on TV and in Chicago there were many EV owners having great difficulties trying to get their EV's to start or to get their EV's charged up at charging stations in minus 10 F temperatures. Apparently. when is is really cold outside the EV batteries tend to lose lots of battery power and owners are forced to then have to go and get the batteries charged up again. Many when they arrive they find that all of the charges are being used or some of those charging units are not working at all because of the cold weather. I have to wonder if now those EV owners are now starting to wonder and regret falling for the lie that EV's are the cars of the future. The last i heard was that EV's are not selling all that much anymore. The thrill to try and appear to be woke has now stalled. 

The colder it gets the less miles they can drive their EV before they have to charge their EV batteries up once again. It does not look like a car that i want to own. I am going to stick with ICE vehicles forever because i have never had any problems with getting fossil fuel anywhere. No lineups to have to charge my vehicle or lineups to refuel my ICE vehicle or broken gas pumps.  

I recently saw on Youtube, a video of a car carrying ship with over three hundred new EV vehicles on board which caught on fire in the middle of the ocean. The fire started from an EV beattery that quickly spread to other cars. The crews were not able to put the fire out fast enough and so the fire then spread to other EV battery vehicles and they started to all catch on fire also. It was a bloody disaster because in the end they all had to abandon ship. Hours later the ship sunk with all those brand new EF's aboard. 

In Finland they will not allow any EV's on their ferries because of the fear that one of the EV's on board may start a fire. Smart move. 

They are many YouTube videos of many instances where EV's just caught on fire all on their own in many places around the world as a result of the EV batteries catching on fire. It is starting to look like those EV's vehicles are not all cracked up as they tell us they are. It is said that if someone owns an EV, and starts to smell smoke, they should get out of the EV asap because it just may be ready to blow up into an inferno. Those are just a few of the many instances where EV's are really not the car of the future. 

The EV's were supposedly meant to be a great vehicle for fighting against climate change. But knowing what  know now, there is no bloody way that i would ever buy an EV. Apparently, the insurance on an EV is quite expensive to have to purchase. Plus, when owners of EV's need to charge up their EV batteries, they have to use fossil fuels in order to charge up their EV's. 

Even if i did do a stupid thing and go buy an EV, my EV would have to sit on the street where there are no charging stations available to be able to charge up my EV overnight. I just cannot see every street in Canada having a charging unit on that street. The cost to do so would be humongous. And from what i am hearing now it would appear as thought the EV vehicle is about to bite the dust. No one is buying them all that much anymore. Hundreds of thousands of EV's are not sitting on many car manufacturers parking lots just sitting there waiting to rot away. 

So, what say you? Do you believe that the EV revolution is slowly coming to an end? I certainly do and i do believe that the ICE vehicles are here to stay and will make a big comeback. Any comments? 😊

8 minutes ago, West said:

I bought an electric snowblower. Used it once. Certain parts made of plastic which snapped off first time in the cold. 

Well, there you go. We only really require the use of electricity for our homes, for our appliances or at the shop. We really do not need EV's, as they have shown that they are not all that great and reliable to want to own or rely on. They are more trouble than what they are worth. 

EV's are not the answer for the climate change crisis because they still need fossil fuels to supply electricity to charge up EV's. As i said already. If i owned an EV i would have to park it on the street where there are no EV charging station units to charge my EV. And i just cannot picture tens of millions of those charging stations on every street in Canada or for that matter, the world. The cost alone would be astronomical and all og them will still need fossil fuels to work. 

As far as i am concerned, EV' are just a joke being played on those many "woke" suckers who believed that they were saving the world from climate change. Those that are pushing this so called climate change crisis agenda are sure making a lot of money off of the woke suckers who will believe their lies. 

This is one cowboy that those climate change buffoons will never be able to convince me that there is this big climate change event going on. And if there is, then at has nothing to do with you or me, but more to do with mother nature who does all the climate changing and has been doing so for millions of years. 😇

11 hours ago, taxme said:

I was watching the news this morning on TV and in Chicago there were many EV owners having great difficulties trying to get their EV's to start or to get their EV's charged up at charging stations in minus 10 F temperatures. Apparently. when is is really cold outside the EV batteries tend to lose lots of battery power and owners are forced to then have to go and get the batteries charged up again. Many when they arrive they find that all of the charges are being used or some of those charging units are not working at all because of the cold weather. I have to wonder if now those EV owners are now starting to wonder and regret falling for the lie that EV's are the cars of the future. The last i heard was that EV's are not selling all that much anymore. The thrill to try and appear to be woke has now stalled. 

The colder it gets the less miles they can drive their EV before they have to charge their EV batteries up once again. It does not look like a car that i want to own. I am going to stick with ICE vehicles forever because i have never had any problems with getting fossil fuel anywhere. No lineups to have to charge my vehicle or lineups to refuel my ICE vehicle or broken gas pumps.  

I recently saw on Youtube, a video of a car carrying ship with over three hundred new EV vehicles on board which caught on fire in the middle of the ocean. The fire started from an EV beattery that quickly spread to other cars. The crews were not able to put the fire out fast enough and so the fire then spread to other EV battery vehicles and they started to all catch on fire also. It was a bloody disaster because in the end they all had to abandon ship. Hours later the ship sunk with all those brand new EF's aboard. 

In Finland they will not allow any EV's on their ferries because of the fear that one of the EV's on board may start a fire. Smart move. 

They are many YouTube videos of many instances where EV's just caught on fire all on their own in many places around the world as a result of the EV batteries catching on fire. It is starting to look like those EV's vehicles are not all cracked up as they tell us they are. It is said that if someone owns an EV, and starts to smell smoke, they should get out of the EV asap because it just may be ready to blow up into an inferno. Those are just a few of the many instances where EV's are really not the car of the future. 

The EV's were supposedly meant to be a great vehicle for fighting against climate change. But knowing what  know now, there is no bloody way that i would ever buy an EV. Apparently, the insurance on an EV is quite expensive to have to purchase. Plus, when owners of EV's need to charge up their EV batteries, they have to use fossil fuels in order to charge up their EV's. 

Even if i did do a stupid thing and go buy an EV, my EV would have to sit on the street where there are no charging stations available to be able to charge up my EV overnight. I just cannot see every street in Canada having a charging unit on that street. The cost to do so would be humongous. And from what i am hearing now it would appear as thought the EV vehicle is about to bite the dust. No one is buying them all that much anymore. Hundreds of thousands of EV's are not sitting on many car manufacturers parking lots just sitting there waiting to rot away. 

So, what say you? Do you believe that the EV revolution is slowly coming to an end? I certainly do and i do believe that the ICE vehicles are here to stay and will make a big comeback. Any comments? 😊

Plenty of gas powered cars fail to operate in sub-zero temperatures, and plenty of gas-powered cars have caught fire.  Turns out, gasoline is flammable. Surprised nobody ever told you.  

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, West said:

I bought an electric snowblower. Used it once. Certain parts made of plastic which snapped off first time in the cold. 

What does plastic parts have to do with being electric? That's like saying the door handle broke on my EV or the cup holder is too small so all EV's suck. Buy a better quality one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, there you go. We only really require the use of electricity for our homes, for our appliances or at the shop. We really do not need EV's, as they have shown that they are not all that great and reliable to want to own or rely on. They are more trouble than what they are worth. 

EV's are not the answer for the climate change crisis because they still need fossil fuels to supply electricity to charge up EV's. As i said already. If i owned an EV i would have to park it on the street where there are no EV charging station units to charge my EV. And i just cannot picture tens of millions of those charging stations on every street in Canada or for that matter, the world. The cost alone would be astronomical and all og them will still need fossil fuels to work. 

As far as i am concerned, EV' are just a joke being played on those many "woke" suckers who believed that they were saving the world from climate change. Those that are pushing this so called climate change crisis agenda are sure making a lot of money off of the woke suckers who will believe their lies. 

This is one cowboy that those climate change buffoons will never be able to convince me that there is this big climate change event going on. And if there is, then at has nothing to do with you or me, but more to do with mother nature who does all the climate changing and has been doing so for millions of years. 😇

Who told you that the only way to generate electricity is to use fossil fuels? And who told you that the carbon output of an EV powered by fossil-fuel generated electricity is the same as a gas powered vehicle? It is not.  

3 hours ago, Rebound said:

Plenty of gas powered cars fail to operate in sub-zero temperatures, and plenty of gas-powered cars have caught fire.  Turns out, gasoline is flammable. Surprised nobody ever told you.  

EV's have almost 80% more problems than gas powered vehicles. Surprised nobody ever told you.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electric-vehicles-consumer-reports-reliability-report/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deluge said:

EV's have almost 80% more problems than gas powered vehicles. Surprised nobody ever told you.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electric-vehicles-consumer-reports-reliability-report/

I’ve had a plug-in hybrid vehicle since 2014, a Toyota, and it’s been the most reliable car I’ve ever owned, by far. Ten years, 200,000 miles and no problems at all, just maintenance.  

15 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I’ve had a plug-in hybrid vehicle since 2014, a Toyota, and it’s been the most reliable car I’ve ever owned, by far. Ten years, 200,000 miles and no problems at all, just maintenance.  

You're either lying or you're very lucky.

Either way, data doesn't lie. 

Edited by Deluge

2 hours ago, Deluge said:

You're either lying or you're very lucky.

Either way, data doesn't lie. 

Toyota makes the world’s most reliable cars.

The data from CR don’t tell us anything. I work on cars. I’ve restored a few.  A “failure” can mean anything. Loose knob. Trunk won’t open.  Or it can mean “car will not operate.”  CR doesn’t distinguish between the two.  An all-electric car which is well engineered will be a LOT more reliable than a gas powered car, because the EV has far fewer parts.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, taxme said:

EV's are not the answer for the climate change crisis because they still need fossil fuels to supply electricity to charge up EV's.

MANY EV owners here put solar panels on their roof and charge their EV with free electricity from the SUN. duh

Bet that really annoys you when gas is $5/gal. Also my Accord hybrid which gets 50 MPG every time I drive to LA and back.

Of course, I got a great deal on that Hybrid cause I bought it in the dead of winter in Chicago when gas was $2.40 / gal, and no one wanted to buy hybrids. It does work substantially better in San Diego.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Toyota makes the world’s most reliable cars.

The data from CR don’t tell us anything. I work on cars. I’ve restored a few.  A “failure” can mean anything. Loose knob. Trunk won’t open.  Or it can mean “car will not operate.”  CR doesn’t distinguish between the two.  An all-electric car which is well engineered will be a LOT more reliable than a gas powered car, because the EV has far fewer parts.  

From the article:

"EV owners most frequently reported troubles with battery and charging systems".

And that's not the first time I read or heard that. Just last week I heard national sportscasters dogging EV's because of the cars' problems with starting. 

I can see how Electric Vehicles could be superior but the problem is that environmental nutjobs are driving the cause. They want the nuclear family and their gas guzzling abominations off the planet forever, and they want it NOW. That doesn't make for very good decision making. 

"Get woke, go broke" applies here. 

Edited by Deluge

7 hours ago, Rebound said:

No where close to the rate at which EV's have.  It's not even comparable.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

MANY EV owners here put solar panels on their roof and charge their EV with free electricity from the SUN. duh

Not really.

Do the math. The most you could fit on a roof is maybe 240 watts of panels and you would SERIOUSLY  increase drag.

So that would take something like a week and change to charge a tesla. If it was parked to get optimum sun and it was fully sunny each day.  If you were lucky. And in the south.

If it was practical they'd come from the factory that way.

7 hours ago, Rebound said:

You need to go on Youtube and see all the stories about the problems with EV's. It's enjoyable to watch. Judging by all of the owners of EV's on Youtube, about trying to find an outlet to charge up their batteries in very cold weather, and the charging units frozen and not working. I never have a problem with trying to find gas for my ICE vehicle in cold weather. The pumps always work. 5 minutes and i am gone. Can you say 5 minutes for an EV to charge up? 

Watching the many EV problems owners are having with their EV's on Youtube, it sure looks to me like there is a big problem with owning an EV. In one event, a car carrying ship sunk in the ocean when an EV caught on fire and spread to the whole ship. I have never heard of a car carrying ship that sunk because of a fossil fuel running vehicle catching on fire. 

Btw, Hertz Rent a car is starting to get rid of all of their EV's because they are too expensive to repair, unreliable, and the insurance is too costly. This may only be the beginning of the end for the EV industry. I know that the WEF globalist elite will not like to hear that bit of news.

You do know that it is the globalist elite that are pushing for EV vehicles, right? Yet, none of those globalists own an EV. I wonder why? 

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

You need to go on Youtube and see all the stories about the problems with EV's. It's enjoyable to watch. Judging by all of the owners of EV's on Youtube, about trying to find an outlet to charge up their batteries in very cold weather, and the charging units frozen and not working. I never have a problem with trying to find gas for my ICE vehicle in cold weather. The pumps always work. 5 minutes and i am gone. Can you say 5 minutes for an EV to charge up? 

Watching the many EV problems owners are having with their EV's on Youtube, it sure looks to me like there is a big problem with owning an EV. In one event, a car carrying ship sunk in the ocean when an EV caught on fire and spread to the whole ship. I have never heard of a car carrying ship that sunk because of a fossil fuel running vehicle catching on fire. 

Btw, Hertz Rent a car is starting to get rid of all of their EV's because they are too expensive to repair, unreliable, and the insurance is too costly. This may only be the beginning of the end for the EV industry. I know that the WEF globalist elite will not like to hear that bit of news.

You do know that it is the globalist elite that are pushing for EV vehicles, right? Yet, none of those globalists own an EV. I wonder why? 

EV owners I know have a charger at home. The plus is that you never  go to a gas station. With my plug-in Prius, I almost never got gas; I got around 70mpg when I plugged it nightly. My friend drove his EV coast to coast and back without a hiccup. 

40 minutes ago, taxme said:

Because it's not true. You're just Blowing Smoke ^here. Or maybe your IC auto blew a ring.

35 minutes ago, Rebound said:

EV owners I know have a charger at home. The plus is that you never  go to a gas station. With my plug-in Prius, I almost never got gas; I got around 70mpg when I plugged it nightly. My friend drove his EV coast to coast and back without a hiccup. 

Most people live in condos these days in places where ev's are practical at all and it is really a problem to get  a charger.  Most buildings and townhomes are not able to provide a charger for even half the stalls so they're just now trying to figure out how to deal with that.  Newer buildings have SOME chargers in them or a communal post but that's it.

So as long as there's only a few people it's not SO bad but no - "most" people would not be able to charge at home if a high percentage of owners had ev's, nor could the grid take it if you did put chargers in every home without billions in upgrades.

Not to mention bc sask and alberta just barely got by sharing power this last winter storm... add 10 thousand more EV's and see how that works out.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

Who told you that the only way to generate electricity is to use fossil fuels? And who told you that the carbon output of an EV powered by fossil-fuel generated electricity is the same as a gas powered vehicle? It is not.  

I don't recall saying any of those things you mentioned above. Are you trying to put words in my mouth? 😷

We have My wife has, lol, an F-150 Lightning now, got it mid-November, and nominally it has a 550km range, but at -1 degree and a full charge it's closer to 460.

I'm not sure how accurate that range thing is because when the battery is lower, like 60% at 7 degrees, it says that it has 190km range or some such, which makes it seem like the max range is less than 380km?? 

I don't know what it would get in Alberta at -40 right now, but it's probably not a lot. 1. The battery is colder, and 2. heating the cabin takes more energy.

My car is a Passat diesel and I get 900km/tank, and I can crank the heat as high as I want. I gas it up and forget about it for the better part of a month. It's awesome. I LOVE that car. 

We're always babying the truck to make sure we can use it. 

I'll say this about the truck though, it sails. Quiet, ultra-smooth power, smooth ride, accelerates like a bat outta hell.

It's great for passing, because my wife is usually reading something and she only looks up when I step on the gas, but she doesn't notice in the truck. In my car she looks up every time and I hear "OMG why are you passing again!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Is it an true EV or a hybrid like your Prius because I find it hard to believe he went coast to coast without a hiccup.

Didn't that Congresswoman travel from Michigan to DC and got in trouble because her team went ahead of her and was blocking off charging stations for her so she didn't have to wait?

Edited by Fluffypants
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Bet that really annoys you when gas is $5/gal. Also my Accord hybrid which gets 50 MPG every time I drive to LA and back.

Of course, I got a great deal on that Hybrid cause I bought it in the dead of winter in Chicago when gas was $2.40 / gal, and no one wanted to buy hybrids. It does work substantially better in San Diego.

As far as i know, solar panels will only work when the sun comes out. If there is no sun for a few days or longer, what happens then? It will be back to the good old electricity being supplied by fossil fuels. 

Here in Canada, it is more like $7 a gallon. Now that really annoys me. 

Whatever floats your boat. LOL.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

By me owning an ICE vehicle means that i never have to sit around waiting for my battery to charge up at some EV charging station. I can fill up my gas tank in approx. five minutes. You cannot charge your EV up in five minutes, can you.

And besides. if i drove my car coast to coast, my trip would be over a lot sooner then yours would be. I may have to stop for gas, say 10 times, where you may have to stop and sit around and wait to charge your EV battery, say, at least 20 times, if not more, depending on the weather. Very hot or very cold temperatures will drain the power out of an EV battery. 

It's not that i have a problem with anyone who wants to own an EV. I just have a problem with why the push to eliminate ICE vehicles when they are not causing any problems with the environment. There is more to this story than you and me will ever know. And because it is the WEF globalist elite that are trying to eliminate all gas vehicles, makes me think that there is more to the story of this EV push.

If the WEF globalists are behind it all, then that tells me that something is not kosher here. There are three things that i do not trust anymore. Our politicians, the leftist MSM, and the WEF. They all lie like troopers. Why even the WEF globalists do not practice what they preach. 

When the WEF globalists have their Davos meeting in Switzerland, they all go there using ICE vehicles, ICE yachts, or fly in with their private jets, all using fossil fuels, and i am not talking about just a few of those mentioned. I am talking about hundreds, if not more, instead. 

Anyway, enjoy your Prius, and i will enjoy my ICE Honda vehicle. 😇

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Because it's not true. You're just Blowing Smoke ^here. Or maybe your IC auto blew a ring.

On the contrary. Personally, i believe that you are a pro climate change arse hole. Just my opinion of course. 😁