The many problems with Electric vehicles.

11 hours ago, robosmith said:

You're NOT debating. Debate is done with FACTS, and all you have posted is ignorant OPINIONS.

Think is, we don't need additional EVIDENCE to concur with climate scientists, but YOU NEED EVIDENCE to dispute them.

Who says that what i post here is my own ignorant opinions and not facts? It is quite obvious to me that where you get your facts, and where i get my facts, there will always be conflict between you and me. What makes your facts better than mine anyway? Please explain this one to me?  

I question and challenge everything that is put out there, especially by the MSM and by some of our useless politicians out there. To not question anything that they say or do shows that you are the ignorant one here. 

Marc Marano from website Climate Depot explains just how all of this climate change or crisis is all about. Marc brings up some pretty good questions about what many of those so called experts and climate scientists are saying and challenging their so called facts. To know or read just one side of the story and not know and read the other side of the story, is to really know nothing at all. Think about that? 

11 hours ago, robosmith said:

Nope, it's the opinions of climate scientists based ON EVIDENCE. Thanks for demonstrating ANOTHER one of your ignorant OPINIONS.

Sure you can, but it WON'T CHANGE the FACTS.

Yes WE CAN. In the aggregate.

Wrong. Trees and plants don't need MORE CO2.

You are CONFUSED about the difference between BIOLOGICAL CO2 and FOSSIL FUEL BURNING CO2.

Only the latter INCREASES atmospheric concentrations. Duh

YOU never know, because you KNOW NOTHING about the SCIENCE of GHG GW.

If there is such damage being done to the environment, thanks to fossil fuels, then why do the billionaire elite globalists fly around the world every day in their fossil fuel private jets by the thousands, which i read that each private jet emits just as much carbon into the air as approx, 200,000 ICE vehicles do every day. 

I know enough about the science as much as you do. You, like me, only go by what we read and are told by whomever. That does not make you or me an kinds of expert at all. 

Christ sake, mac. The biggest polluters in the world are China, India and other countries who keep using coal to help keep their countries up and running. I read that China is building more coal plants to keep their economy going. But yet, lefty losers like you want to go after people like me that drive an ICE vehicle which is not doing all that much damage to the environment at all. Woke up, fella. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

If there is such damage being done to the environment, thanks to fossil fuels, then why do the billionaire elite globalists fly around the world every day in their fossil fuel private jets by the thousands, which i read that each private jet emits just as much carbon into the air as approx, 200,000 ICE vehicles do every day. 

Ever heard of carbon offsets? Many environmentally conscious "billionaire elites" pay to offset their carbon emissions by financing carbon free energy where practical (which jet engines have no green practical replacement yet).

2 hours ago, taxme said:

I know enough about the science as much as you do. You, like me, only go by what we read and are told by whomever. That does not make you or me an kinds of expert at all. 

I actually read climate science journals to be informed. Bet you NEVER HAVE.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Christ sake, mac. The biggest polluters in the world are China, India and other countries who keep using coal to help keep their countries up and running. I read that China is building more coal plants to keep their economy going. But yet, lefty losers like you want to go after people like me that drive an ICE vehicle which is not doing all that much damage to the environment at all. Woke up, fella. 

China is the WORLD LEADER in solar power and wind turbine production. They are moving in a carbon free direction much faster than US.

53 minutes ago, robosmith said:

China is the WORLD LEADER in solar power and wind turbine production. They are moving in a carbon free direction much faster than US.

No,  they're putting up more solar that most but they're building oil and gas power plants even faster.

China's growth in emissions alone is adding canada's entire output every year and a half or so.  So if we stopped producing ANY - china would replace that in less than 2 years.

China and india are growing their carbon output at record levels. Until they get serious nothing else anyoen does will amount ot much .

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

No,  they're putting up more solar that most but they're building oil and gas power plants even faster.

China's growth in emissions alone is adding canada's entire output every year and a half or so.  So if we stopped producing ANY - china would replace that in less than 2 years.

China and india are growing their carbon output at record levels. Until they get serious nothing else anyoen does will amount ot much .

It won't make any difference in the long run , gasoline and other fossil fuels are running out worldwide. Every nation that can has been pumping it out of the ground and even from under the sea for over a hundred years in some cases. It us not an infinite supply. There is likely much more available under the oceans but the technology and sheer material mass of the pumps necessary to sink one well 15 kilometers into the sea bed is so colossal for its payoff that you have to be desperate for oil to even attempt it. The Russians , with its captive economy however, did exactly on that on Sakhalin Island, it goes 15 km into the sea bed. Today's oil fields are, on average, piping to 7800 ft underground just to reach oil. A hundred years ago that same kind of oil was just 100 ft down.  

We cannot sustain ourselves any longer with fossil fuels so stop whining about it and help develop.new energy sources!

4 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

It won't make any difference in the long run , gasoline and other fossil fuels are running out worldwide. Every nation that can has been pumping it out of the ground and even from under the sea for over a hundred years in some cases. It us not an infinite supply. There is likely much more available under the oceans but the technology and sheer material mass of the pumps necessary to sink one well 15 kilometers into the sea bed is so colossal for its payoff that you have to be desperate for oil to even attempt it. The Russians , with its captive economy however, did exactly on that on Sakhalin Island, it goes 15 km into the sea bed. Today's oil fields are, on average, piping to 7800 ft underground just to reach oil. A hundred years ago that same kind of oil was just 100 ft down.  

We cannot sustain ourselves any longer with fossil fuels so stop whining about it and help develop.new energy sources!

Well you're both right and wrong. 

It's true that it is by definition  a finite resource. Sure -we can produce sythetics and alternatives but we'd have to give so much land over to it we'd starve instead of freezing.  So... nice to have choices i guess but neither really works.

However - that will not happen soon. We could go for many many many more decades.  And there's still natural gas and such.

So it's not a panic just yet from a 'supply' standpoint.  But there is no doubt at all we have got to find a suitable alternative in the not too distant future.

But just as it would be stupid to ignore that, it would be equally stupid to panic and rush to technologies that aren't going to get the job done.

Solar is a good suppliment and will be very useful if we ever develop practical electric energy storage, which many people are working on.  Nuclear is an option for power tho less of a replacement for things like planes and ships and such.  Plasma tech holds some promise...  basically they're working on it.

We're probably 20 - 40 years away from a solid solution. Just as the first cars ran on steam engines which weren't practical but eventually the concept matured, so will some of the things we've got in the cooker right now. In the meantime we can look at cutting back where we can and adapting where we can't and that's realistically the best were going to be able to do,

21 hours ago, robosmith said:

Ever heard of carbon offsets? Many environmentally conscious "billionaire elites" pay to offset their carbon emissions by financing carbon free energy where practical (which jet engines have no green practical replacement yet).

I actually read climate science journals to be informed. Bet you NEVER HAVE.

1. Then ICE vehicle owners can easily do the same thing as the billionaires you say are doing or offsetting. Thus, there should be no problem with people driving ICE vehicles. I promise that i will offset and cut back on my emissions farts. That should help. 

2. Maybe you are reading globalist elite climate science journals. How would you know as to what you are reading is all for real? Maybe most of what you are reading is made up mostly of bullshit just to frighten little scardy cats like you into believing that people like me owning and driving an ICE vehicle is the problem, which of course, I am not. 

3. Well, that is not what i read. I read that China is constantly building moire coal plants to help keep their economy going. Can you prove to me that this is not so, oh expert one? 

Bye-bey. talk soon. 🙃

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, taxme said:

1. Then ICE vehicle owners can easily do the same thing as the billionaires you say are doing or offsetting. Thus, there should be no problem with people driving ICE vehicles. I promise that i will offset and cut back on my emissions farts. That should help. 

Yes, you COULD. But I'm betting you WON'T.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

2. Maybe you are reading globalist elite climate science journals. How would you know as to what you are reading is all for real? Maybe most of what you are reading is made up mostly of bullshit just to frighten little scardy cats like you into believing that people like me owning and driving an ICE vehicle is the problem, which of course, I am not. 

Peer reviewed journals are exclusive to those papers which pass peer review. AKA, NOT what you describe.

Thanks for further revealing your IGNORANCE about the subject. Just as suspected. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

3. Well, that is not what i read. I read that China is constantly building moire coal plants to help keep their economy going. Can you prove to me that this is not so, oh expert one? 

Bye-bey. talk soon. 🙃

They are building more coal plants, but they are waning and renewables are GAINING, faster than here. 

12 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Yes, you COULD. But I'm betting you WON'T.

Peer reviewed journals are exclusive to those papers which pass peer review. AKA, NOT what you describe.

Thanks for further revealing your IGNORANCE about the subject. Just as suspected. 

They are building more coal plants, but they are waning and renewables are GAINING, faster than here. 

Sorry, but i just let an emissions fart out. OMG, we are all going to die tomorrow. Ha-ha.  

Your EV car working well for you today? Good, now stfu about it, will ya. 

Sure thing, baby boo-boo. Whatever you say here can never be seen as ignorant. They are all just the facts, mac. LOL.

Sure they are. And you know this for a fact, right? 

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

Sorry, but i just let an emissions fart out. OMG, we are all going to die tomorrow. Ha-ha.  

So you're just an unserious TROLL.

Your EV car working well for you today? Good, now stfu about it, will ya. 

You stfu about climate change DENIAL first.

Sure thing, baby boo-boo. Whatever you say here can never be seen as ignorant. They are all just the facts, mac. LOL.

You keep proving your IGNORANCE here like your SPECULATION about what gets published in climate science journals.

You're asking the questions and don't like the answers.

Sure they are. And you know this for a fact, right? 

I know for a FACT that they have much more ambitious plans than we do.

Is China leading in renewables?

China leads global renewables race with record-breaking 230 ...

China leads global renewables race with record-breaking 230 GW installations in 2023. Currently on target to reach a record-breaking 230 gigawatts (GW) of wind and solar installations this year, China leads the global renewables market.Nov 28, 2023

On 3/12/2024 at 3:29 PM, robosmith said:

So you're just an unserious TROLL.

You stfu about climate change DENIAL first.

You keep proving your IGNORANCE here like your SPECULATION about what gets published in climate science journals.

You're asking the questions and don't like the answers.

I know for a FACT that they have much more ambitious plans than we do.

Is China leading in renewables?

China leads global renewables race with record-breaking 230 ...

China leads global renewables race with record-breaking 230 GW installations in 2023. Currently on target to reach a record-breaking 230 gigawatts (GW) of wind and solar installations this year, China leads the global renewables market.Nov 28, 2023

They you go again. Ask a simple question, and suddenly one becomes a troll. Come on, baby boo-boo, you can do better than this? 

Why should i stfu just because you believe in some non-existence climate crisis? I can be in denial over anything i want to deny. Why should i keep believing your lies? 

So, what does one do if they own a Tesla EV vehicle and it needs a charging up? Can they just use any charging station unit available where they may be no Tesla charging unit or can they only use Tesla charging station units? Can a ford EV vehicle use a Tesla charging unit? 

All i do here is to check out both sides of the story. It is quite obvious to me that you do not try and get both sides of the story. 

If you do not like my answers to your questions, well then, get lost. Ignore me. 

Well, if that is the case, why is China still building more coal plants? 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:51 PM, Fluffypants said:

Is it an true EV or a hybrid like your Prius because I find it hard to believe he went coast to coast without a hiccup.

Didn't that Congresswoman travel from Michigan to DC and got in trouble because her team went ahead of her and was blocking off charging stations for her so she didn't have to wait?

You don’t know what you don’t know.  
EV’s don’t work the way you think.  

On Tesla’s and many other models, when you use the nav to plot a route, the car calculates whether you’ll have enough electricity to get there.  If you don’t, it gives you a list of chargers on the way.  You select where you want to stop, and the car reserves the charging station for you and preconditions the battery when needed to ensure an optical charge. With fast charging, you’re don’t in 15-20 minutes, so you get out of your car, take a pee, and you’re ready to go.  Not a big deal at all. 

9 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You don’t know what you don’t know.  
EV’s don’t work the way you think.  

On Tesla’s and many other models, when you use the nav to plot a route, the car calculates whether you’ll have enough electricity to get there.  If you don’t, it gives you a list of chargers on the way.  You select where you want to stop, and the car reserves the charging station for you and preconditions the battery when needed to ensure an optical charge. With fast charging, you’re don’t in 15-20 minutes, so you get out of your car, take a pee, and you’re ready to go.  Not a big deal at all. 

My ice vehicle tells me how many k i've got left in the tank and there's a gas station every other block along the way so i don't even have to worry about it or think about it.

How is that not better.

50 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

My ice vehicle tells me how many k i've got left in the tank and there's a gas station every other block along the way so i don't even have to worry about it or think about it.

How is that not better.

Because with an EV, every morning you get into your car, it’s full.  
Every

Single

Morning

You only need to charge publicly if driving hundreds of miles in a day.  

On 3/14/2024 at 4:19 PM, taxme said:

They you go again. Ask a simple question, and suddenly one becomes a troll. Come on, baby boo-boo, you can do better than this? 

Can you read? You're a troll because you posted this which is NOT a "simple question":

Do better.

Why should i stfu just because you believe in some non-existence climate crisis? I can be in denial over anything i want to deny. Why should i keep believing your lies? 

Because unlike you, I've done RESEARCH with peer reviewed journals, and you've demonstrated you don't even know what that is.

So, what does one do if they own a Tesla EV vehicle and it needs a charging up? Can they just use any charging station unit available where they may be no Tesla charging unit or can they only use Tesla charging station units? Can a ford EV vehicle use a Tesla charging unit? 

Tesla chargers are the most widely available. Since I drive a hybrid which gets 50 MPG, I don't have to worry about that.

All i do here is to check out both sides of the story. It is quite obvious to me that you do not try and get both sides of the story. 

I get ALL sides of the story. You obviously don't know any of them except ICE.

If you do not like my answers to your questions, well then, get lost. Ignore me. 

Well, if that is the case, why is China still building more coal plants? 

Because they need that additional power NOW. AKA, until they can build different kinds of clean grid backups.

The point is and WAS that they are moving to renewables FASTER than the US is.

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

Because they need that additional power NOW. AKA, until they can build different kinds of clean grid backups.

The point is and WAS that they are moving to renewables FASTER than the US is.

This is perhaps the dumbest answer Robosmith has given in a while, and as always that's saying something.

THe idea that its faster and easier to build a coal plant now rather than a renewable power source is childish. THey're building coal because it's cheaper and 'solar' doesn't get the job done other than as a supplement.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:07 PM, taxme said:

How is anyone “going after” people who drive gas powered cars?  

Look, we all know you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed, but surely even you can tell us how a quadrupling of EV sales would impact the price of gasoline? Or didn’t they teach you about supply and demand? 

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

How is anyone “going after” people who drive gas powered cars?  

Look, we all know you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed, but surely even you can tell us how a quadrupling of EV sales would impact the price of gasoline? Or didn’t they teach you about supply and demand? 

The government and the environ"mental"ists would like to get rid of ICE vehicles as quickly as they can. They both want more EV vehicles on the road and less ICE vehicles on the road. We are constantly being told that people who drive ICE vehicles and cow farts are causing the climate crisis. Only dummies and buffoons will believe that silly ass nonsense. Sadly, there are way too many of those people around. 

Look, many of us here already knows that you are five bricks short of a full load. 🤣 I do not believe that i have ever said anything about the quadrupling of EV sales would impact the price of gasoline. If so, where did i say this? 

And of course you are trying to let on and pretend here that you are an expert in supply and demand, eh? Phk off. 🤡

12 hours ago, taxme said:

The government and the environ"mental"ists would like to get rid of ICE vehicles as quickly as they can. They both want more EV vehicles on the road and less ICE vehicles on the road. We are constantly being told that people who drive ICE vehicles and cow farts are causing the climate crisis. Only dummies and buffoons will believe that silly ass nonsense. Sadly, there are way too many of those people around. 

Look, many of us here already knows that you are five bricks short of a full load. 🤣 I do not believe that i have ever said anything about the quadrupling of EV sales would impact the price of gasoline. If so, where did i say this? 

And of course you are trying to let on and pretend here that you are an expert in supply and demand, eh? Phk off. 🤡

I agree that It is cow farts like you who are responsible for this crisis. You said that the policies to protect our environment harm drivers of ICE vehicles, and I correctly pointed out they an increase of EV’s on the road, with a reduction of ICE vehicles, will lead to lower gasoline prices.  You have not refuted this, bovine flatulence. 

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

I agree that It is cow farts like you who are responsible for this crisis. You said that the policies to protect our environment harm drivers of ICE vehicles, and I correctly pointed out they an increase of EV’s on the road, with a reduction of ICE vehicles, will lead to lower gasoline prices.  You have not refuted this, bovine flatulence. 

Actually they won’t because oil companies will just reduce production to match demand and governments will keep piling on more taxes to replace the fuel taxes they are losing to EV’s which pay no fuel taxes toward infrastructure and transit.

On 3/19/2024 at 4:35 AM, Rebound said:

Let those cow farts rip away. The more cow farts the merrier. LOL. It is you and your stupid belief that owners of ICE vehicles are causing the climate crisis. The owners of EV's are also causing a climate crisis because you lovers of EV's will never admit that millions of square miles are being dug up for the materials needed to supply an EV battery, you stumpid fool. 

The carbon taxes in Canada are harming ICE vehicle owners, dummy. Come April 1st, our fossil fuel that Canadians use to drive our ICE vehicles will be going up by approx. 18 cents a fkn liter. A liter of gas will soon be costing me, an ICE vehicle owner, here in BC, approx. $2.25 a liter, or in English, somewhere about $8.00 a gallon. Indeed, your environment policies are harming everybody that drives an ICE vehicle in Canada, stumpid. 

On the contrary, the price of gas will no doubt go up due to the lack of people being able to own or afford to drive an ICE vehicle. Just what you loonie environ"mental"ists want to hear. Refute that, stumpid. 😁