Polievre's new billboard ads - simple but damn effective

It's stuff like this that's going to win PP a majority. 

Still a year and a half away from the next (official) election campaign and he's dropping ads like this -  simple, effective, says what it wants to in less than 2 seconds, true and not mean spirited - he's just relentless, giving trudeau no time at all to even catch his breath.

GDxRCMwWYAANu5C.thumb.jpg.48eb7d12f83980078721f9024bdbc47d.jpg

• Like 2

Polievre is already set to become our next PM. With him the carbon tax gets axed.

I understand in Alberta the oil companies are now completely ignoring the edicts of Pixie-Dust.

In Quebec he's lost the vote to the separatists. 

Oh well...I'm sure his wife still likes him. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oh well...I'm sure his wife still likes him. ;)

Trudeau's first words every morning.....

Mirror Mirror on the Wall....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In a thread about the next Prime Minister, it is the current Prime Minister who is getting all your attention. Are you suffering from TDS? (Trudeau derangement Syndrome). Even after he is gone, he will be living rent free in your minds. 

20 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Even after he is gone, he will be living rent free in your minds. 

The vision of that Nazi scumbag leaving the PMO - whether that's in the form of him making a concession speech or whatever other fate befalls him - will hold a special place in my heart forever.  

21 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

In a thread about the next Prime Minister, it is the current Prime Minister who is getting all your attention. Are you suffering from TDS? (Trudeau derangement Syndrome). Even after he is gone, he will be living rent free in your minds. 

It's about a billboard comparing both and highlighting bad things about the current pm in a very very effective way.

And it's more of a case of ETP rather than TDS - "Election Today Pls!"

And no - he will not be living rent free.  We will be paying for him for many decades to come :)  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The vision of that Nazi scumbag leaving the PMO - whether that's in the form of him making a concession speech or whatever other fate befalls him - will hold a special place in my heart forever.  

I liken Justin Trudeau to that pile of dog crap you've just stepped in . . . no matter how many times you scrape your shoe, the stench remains.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, August1991 said:

I favour a tax on CO2 emissions, I understand the rebate idea.

Great pic/ad. Where?

Maybe you can explain to the rest of us how it has been working ? i give the money to the gas station attendant,they give it to justin , and then Justin sends it back to me later, then tells me he is giving me more than i paid out...like it is magic...and some how this makes me drive less how ? How is this better for the environment ? have we meet any of our agreed climate change reductions ? One last question, did you take the red pill again ? you know what the doctor has said... 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Well Justin has blamed harper for shit, up until PP took his mind off of him, that was a few years ago...So ya Justin is in for atleast 6 to 8 years of getting blamed for everything....but on the other side he'll be living off the tax payers dime for life... 

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2024 at 3:44 AM, Nationalist said:

I understand in Alberta the oil companies are now completely ignoring the edicts of Pixie-Dust.

Around here you can see the fish farms (aka, sea lice sanctuaries) have been pretty much unleashed again.

They were supposed to get their open net pens off the water by 2025 but Pixie-dust is breaking his promise and now they can stay.

Oh well, I doubt Poilievre have have even made such a promise in the first place, even if it is something most people around here would like to see.

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Around here you can see the fish farms (aka, sea lice sanctuaries) have been pretty much unleashed again.

They were supposed to get their open net pens off the water by 2025 but Pixie-dust is breaking his promise and now they can stay.

Oh well, I doubt Poilievre have have even made such a promise in the first place, even if it is something most people around here would like to see.

Of course he wouldn't.  For a few reasons.

1 - he doesn't promise what people want to hear just to get elected, if he promises something he intends to do it,

2 - the CPC has always been about power to the provinces. Keep the feds out of provincial matters unless you really have to get involved.  So his attitude would be "if you don't like fish farms talk to your premier".  And that is the correct answer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Fish farms / federal . . .

Sure, for the licenses and such but the provincial gov't still has a big say in them and moving them out of the sea.  From a CPC perspective, if the province wants to do it then they should be supported, if the province doesn't want to then that should be up to them.

Bc already consults a great deal with the feds on the issue.

The more provinces have power over their own issues the less we see divisions and seperatist sentiment. If the provinces want open water fish farming then there you go, if they don't then there you go. Support their choice.

36 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Here's an idea. We all just went on a spending spree. Let business drag us put of this hole?

27 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Says here the CPC had major plans to make improvements to Canada's fisheries. Under Sheer at least.

https://cpcassets.conservative.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/05104904/8ae41a668e9a570.pdf

But that ship has sailed, thanks to a lack of support from you people. Maybe if you didn't make so much fun of conservatives all the time, things might actually get done, eh?   ;)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Says here the CPC had major plans to make improvements to Canada's fisheries.

Yeah, I recall how the Conservatives improved things by adopting the IMF/World Bank prescription for restructuring Canada's fisheries.

In BC, thousands lost their livelihoods and billionaires Jimmy Pattison and Galen Weston wound up controlling 40% of Ottawa's salmon.

Contrary to what some of you people seem to think BC had no say in things then and still doesn't have much if anything to say to this day.

If Ottawa treated Alberta's oil the way they treat our fish they would have separated decades ago.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Maybe if you didn't make so much fun of conservatives all the time, things might actually get done, eh? 

We actually had a little hope with John Fraser under Mulroney. He seemed to be a little more sympathetic to small owner/operators like myself in BC but then he got burned by the tainted tuna scandal in New Brunswick and DFO quickly reverted to form in BC when Fraser resigned.

Recall that lucrative surf clam licence Dominic LeBlanc tried to gift his wife's cousin when he was fisheries minister.

Ottawa Fisheries Ministers...if you've seen one you've seen them all - just like most Liberals and Conservatives, always looking out for the 1%, family and friends, probably in that order.

Did you know some economists view small fishing communities the same way coal miners look at canaries? Can you guess why?

53 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah, I recall how the Conservatives improved things by adopting the IMF/World Bank prescription for restructuring Canada's fisheries.

In BC, thousands lost their livelihoods and billionaires Jimmy Pattison and Galen Weston wound up controlling 40% of Ottawa's salmon.

Contrary to what some of you people seem to think BC had no say in things then and still doesn't have much if anything to say to this day.

If Ottawa treated Alberta's oil the way they treat our fish they would have separated decades ago.

We actually had a little hope with John Fraser under Mulroney. He seemed to be a little more sympathetic to small owner/operators like myself in BC but then he got burned by the tainted tuna scandal in New Brunswick and DFO quickly reverted to form in BC when Fraser resigned.

Recall that lucrative surf clam licence Dominic LeBlanc tried to gift his wife's cousin when he was fisheries minister.

Ottawa Fisheries Ministers...if you've seen one you've seen them all - just like most Liberals and Conservatives, always looking out for the 1%, family and friends, probably in that order.

Did you know some economists view small fishing communities the same way coal miners look at canaries? Can you guess why?

Yeah - mostly bullshit.

If you want to pull the salmon farms then when PP gets in talk to the mp's and talk to the Province. If the province indicates it's something they want to see then there's a pretty good chance the CPC will back it.

30 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah - mostly bullshit.

You couldn't possibly have a clue. it happened so long ago it was when you were still a little girl in pig-tails.

And yes Ottawa's Fisheries Ministers, Liberal or Conservative, can be counted on to look out for the 1%, family and friends first. Its how Canada rolls.

If you want to pull the salmon farms then when PP gets in talk to the mp's and talk to the Province. If the province indicates it's something they want to see then there's a pretty good chance the CPC will back it.

The Province may stamp the paperwork but not until DFO says its okay and farmers get First Nations approval.  The Province has distanced itself from the issue to the greatest extent possible.  First Nations are even more divided on the issue.  That's in keeping with the sort of relationship all our governments have cultivated with First Nations for centuries.

Ottawa in particular though is very very good at 'rolling' the way it does.  Its almost ironic that they do such a crappy job at everything else. It could actually just be for show.

3 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Fish farms / federal . . .

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sure, for the licenses and such

No. The province issues the licences but as I said only after DFO and First Nations say so.

Starting in June 2022, the provincial government is requiring fish farm operators to get clearance from the federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans that they are not adversely affecting wild salmon populations. The B.C. government will also only renew or issue permits to companies that have negotiated agreements with the First Nation in whose territory the company would operate.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4286486/bc-fish-farm-policy/

Don't forget this is the same provincial government that issues permits and licences for all sorts of things that damage wild salmon habitat and populations that DFO must approve of too so...

I doubt if Jimmy or Galen give a shit either.

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You couldn't possibly have a clue. it happened so long ago it was when you were still a little girl in pig-tails.

I have little doubt you fantasize a lot about little girls in pigtails but sorry. Can't help you there. Try a therapist.

And yes Ottawa's Fisheries Ministers, Liberal or Conservative, can be counted on to look out for the 1%, family and friends first. Its how Canada rolls.

That's how you'd behave so you believe everyone else does too.

IF there is political will to do a thing - the thing can be done.

The Province may stamp the paperwork but not until DFO says its okay and farmers get First Nations approval.

Sure - but they can still have a say in whether or not it's allowed. There are mechanisms.

The Province has distanced itself from the issue to the greatest extent possible. 

Well of COURSE it has :) But - that's the people you really need to hold accountable. The ndp recently supported trudeau's promise, even commissioned reports, and then kind of backed off and changed their tune about the time justin did. 

The thing is the libs hold on to power at all costs. The CPC doesn't as we saw under harper who left more and more up to the provinces on many issues.

First Nations are even more divided on the issue.  That's in keeping with the sort of relationship all our governments have cultivated with First Nations for centuries.

the first nations are divided so that's everyone else's fault.  If THEY believe that then they're not divided they're stupid.