I have respected the supreme court all my life, until it became right wing ugly and hateful , they are simply legislating from the bench now. I believe it has to be taken apart and repaired. Democracy will fail under a court like this, The right doesn't care because they hate our country and it's democracy. As a party they have chosen dictatorship over democracy. We are sitting on the edge of our destruction as a great nation.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, jbander1A said:

I have respected the supreme court all my life, until it became right wing ugly and hateful , they are simply legislating from the bench now. I believe it has to be taken apart and repaired. Democracy will fail under a court like this, The right doesn't care because they hate our country and it's democracy. As a party they have chosen dictatorship over democracy. We are sitting on the edge of our destruction as a great nation.

Sounds like you communists need to turn Antifa loose on American cities again. 

26 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Biden should have added 5 more judges when the Dems had control. 

And start the second civil war? Even Biden isn't that stoopid. 

29 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Sounds like you communists patriots need to turn Antifa loose on American cities again. 

As long as Republicons are fascist, we need anti-fascists just like in WWII where many US soldiers died fighting the fascists.

29 minutes ago, Deluge said:

But you are stupid enough TO THREATEN starting a civil war over the membership of the SCOTUS. 🤮

8 minutes ago, robosmith said:

As long as Republicans stay patriotic, we need antifa to raise hell. 

But you are smart enough TO STAND UP AGAINST left-wing lunatics trying to pack the courts. 🤮

Thank you for the compliments, robomarxist. 

You know, I've found a new respect for you since you started this new string of honesty.

You're still a complete shitbag, of course, but at least you've come clean. ;) 

49 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Sounds like you communists need to turn Antifa loose on American cities again. 

In one post, you first condemn left-wing rioting, then justify right wing rioting. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

In one post, you first condemn left-wing rioting, then justify right wing rioting. 

Wrong. 

I condemn left-wing rioting (you condone it) and I uphold the Constitution (you despise it and try to twist it). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jbander1A said:

This is exactly what happened to Canada but under a left-leaning Supreme Court.

Judges who legislate rather than applying the law as written are not fit to hold office.  They're politicians and activists, not legal experts.

So really, how we feel about our highest courts only depends on our ideological biases.  Left-leaning posters are going to disagree with my first sentence, thus proving my point.  Fear these kinds of people.  They all just want power.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Biden should have added 5 more judges when the Dems had control. 

Thank you for immediately proving my point 😂. You're an authoritarian not much different than Trump and don't believe in democracy.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The Constitution says that Trump is ineligible to be President.  

Point out where the Constitution says someone doesn't have to be convicted in a court of law to be officially pegged as an insurrectionist. 

This is typical of Libbie projection.

Since that absent minded twit Biden took office...

He's loaded the USA with millions of illegal aliens. Many of whom are known terrorists and criminals. This trash also allowed enough drugs into the USA to kill all citizens many times over.

He surrendered to a terrorist gang and handed them 80 million in arms.

He declared war on the base of the global economy and spent money like a drunken sailor, thus creating huge and unwarranted inflation.

He can't say a complete sentence without tripping on his tongue and can't walk without tripping over his feet.

He has been involved in corruption and received millions from foreign nations.

His DOJ and FBI are prosecuting Americans for numerous concocted charges.

Yet you dumb fcks have the gall to accuse conservatives of fascism.

You're going to lose in this year's election, and then I hope whoever gets to the Whitehouse...

Delivers real justice to Biden, his kid, Wrey, Garland and all you hypocritical death cult worshipers.

Have a warm and fuzzy day.

Edited by Nationalist

2 hours ago, jbander1A said:

Then you have never respected the supreme court.   All you've done is 'respected' it when you agreed with its bias and now that you don't you claim that it's failed.

That would make you a person who does not believe in the rule of law or in having a judiciary in the first place.  You would clearly prefer a diktat council that believes as you do.  Shameful.

As for politics in the judicial process stop electing judges.   Prime minister harper in canada came up with a top rate model for how to select judges that was extremely fair and non partisan. Of course - the left wing liberals took that down the moment they got in and went back to appointments.

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That is PRECISELY what it is.   "we would stack the court for our own purposes so we assume everyone else does too".

Having said that - BOTH Candidates in 2016 claimed they would appoint judges that would 'rule' in their favor. Clinton literally said she would find and appoint SC judges who would promise to vote the way she wanted on gun control. And trump replied that he'd appoint ones that would reverse roe vs wade.   AND NOBODY ANYWHERE commented on how two presidential candidates just admitted they would politicize the courts.

The dems are HAPPY to politicize the courts and unfortunately the american voters have been ok with that.  Now it's the way it is, suck it up.

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

He's loaded the USA with millions of illegal aliens. Many of whom are known terrorists and criminals. This trash also allowed enough drugs into the USA to kill all citizens many times over.

He surrendered to a terrorist gang and handed them 80 million in arms.

He declared war on the base of the global economy and spent money like a drunken sailor, thus creating huge and unwarranted inflation.

He can't say a complete sentence without tripping on his tongue and can't walk without tripping over his feet.

He has been involved in corruption and received millions from foreign nations.

His DOJ and FBI are prosecuting Americans for numerous concocted charges.

Yet you dumb fcks have the gall to accuse conservatives of fascism.

You're going to lose in this year's election, and then I hope whoever gets to the Whitehouse...

Delivers real justice to Biden, his kid, Wrey, Garland and all you hypocritical death cult worshipers.

Have a warm and fuzzy day.

Republicans are refusing to vote for immigration legislation that will stop the illegals because they don’t want Biden to look good. That’s what Republicans do — they don’t know how to actually govern.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Republicans are refusing to vote for immigration legislation that will stop the illegals because they don’t want Biden to look good. That’s what Republicans do — they don’t know how to actually govern.

ooooo - sorry, not true.  In fact that's their problem with it, it doesn't address the illeals and they want it to

And that's what democrats do - lie.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Thank you for immediately proving my point 😂. You're an authoritarian not much different than Trump and don't believe in democracy.

If one party can stack the court, why shouldn’t the other party do the same?

And downvoting posts?  I find that rude. 

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If you're in favor of starting that terrible precedent don't complain when the Republicans get in control again and do the same or worse.

Yeah - that's what people said to the dems last time :)

Too late for you to pull that line here i'm afraid. The dems not only do it, but they state it out loud and then insist that anyone appointed is political when pushed on the matter.

And this after the absolutely dispicable showing at Kavanaugh's hearings where they brought what we now know is a severely discredited 'witness' to make false claims and tried every single thing in their power to falsely deny a candidate for political reasons.

After that kind of hell - you think he doesn't hold a grudge at least a little? LOL - if he wasn't politicized going into it the dems have certainly done everything possible to politicize him now :) 

13 hours ago, jbander1A said:

I have respected the supreme court all my life, until it became right wing ugly and hateful , they are simply legislating from the bench now. I believe it has to be taken apart and repaired.

A binary political system will erode, degrade and eventually, destroy the democracy. Now, right in our eyes, the partisan rot is reaching and spreading over the judiciary. And once done, no institutional barriers to authoritarianism are left. Stolen elections, corrupted officials and courts, civic protests all the regular third world drama. The democracy, gone. An open civil confrontation as the only solution. The cycle closes itself.

By the end of the last century it became very clear that the interests of a partisan political system are not aligned with and increasingly, contradict those of a functional people's democracy. The time to see; understand and act on it was back then. Nothing is ever guaranteed in evolution. Those who believe in the perfection from the start and are averse to change are likely to be on the train to extinction.

Please mind, none of this is some abstract foreboding: we may be watching the demise of impartial, non-partisan judiciary in real time. If the coming decisions (Roe Wade was the first bell) are divided by partisan lines, that would be it: an effective end to politically-independent judiciary in essential and critical for the society and democracy matters.

Representative, done; judiciary, done; executive, for a long time already.

The End. Partisanship ended the democracy.

13 hours ago, myata said:

Please mind, none of this is some abstract foreboding: we may be watching the demise of impartial, non-partisan judiciary in real time. If the coming decisions (Roe Wade was the first bell) are divided by partisan lines, that would be it: an effective end to politically-independent judiciary in essential and critical for the society and democracy matters.

Representative, done; judiciary, done; executive, for a long time already.

The End. Partisanship ended the democracy.

There were people who said Brown v Board of Education was the end.

After all, here’s the Supreme Court telling Kansas and other states that their laws which segregated schools were not allowed, and then President Eisenhower enforced this court ruling with National Guard soldiers. 

That’s what you’re complaining about, right? The fact that democratically-elected legislatures cannot pass certain laws, because 5 of 9 judges say that a 230 year-old document says they cannot. 

On 1/5/2024 at 10:17 AM, Deluge said:

Point out where the Constitution says someone doesn't have to be convicted in a court of law to be officially pegged as an insurrectionist. 

There us nothing in the U. S. Constitution stating someone must be convicted in a court of law to be considered an insurrectionist, what it DOES say is no person holding a state or federal office including also the president and vice president who Gave THEIR OATH to Support that office and the United States  may again hold any federal position or Congressional position if they engage in an insurrection. Trump fits that. He us INELIGIBLE. 

17 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

There us nothing in the U. S. Constitution stating someone must be convicted in a court of law to be considered an insurrectionist,

but it does say that they must have been involved in insurrection. And only a federal court can rule on whether or not that's true.

Trump fits that

Where does the constitution say you're qualified to find him guilty of that?

Oh nowhere? Hmmmm

Democrats sure hate democracy when it works against them.  Hope they don't mind when the republicans get even.

11 hours ago, Rebound said:

That’s what you’re complaining about, right?

No, you missed it. If critical decisions are commonly split along the partisan lines it means the end of impartial non-partisan judiciary. The decision is not determined by the law anymore, but, effectively, by political affiliation of the judges. A democratic justice system cannot function like that. And it opens the way for autocracy.