‘All I’m doing ... is working and paying bills.’ Why some are leaving Canada for more affordable countries

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It could be because they're skilled positions.

Nonsense. A stamp response. So we cannot train sufficient numbers of those with our local human resources? That's a failure. That's like trying to fix a leaking main with pumping ever more water into it: how long would it hold? The answer: a few terms, while we get off to our generous pensions should be enough, thank you.

Sure? When it bursts, not if who and what will assure sweet cookie time arriving, on the clock?

47 minutes ago, myata said:

Sure? When it bursts, not if

Maybe that's the real reason for the immigration craziness? The elites, those with juicy PS jobs paying well into 5 digits (those one has to win a lottery like in 6/49 just to get an application in) and defined benefit pension plans: sure in this day and age, want one of those? need a constant increase in the head inflow just to keep the cash coming for their benefits as the economy is stagnating.

That would make sense, understandable. Any other logical options?

Edited by myata

6 hours ago, myata said:

Nonsense. A stamp response. So we cannot train sufficient numbers of those with our local human resources? That's a failure. That's like trying to fix a leaking main with pumping ever more water into it: how long would it hold?

I may not be right but I also wouldn't say it's nonsense. For sure. We haven't been smart about training some types of professionals, but there's also something to be considered: You can't train everyone to do anything.

Anything that enriches the richest like inflation is good for our corrupt rulers like dangerous vaccines, unnecessary health measures, printing money. Abolishing money would be a good thing, it's like abolishing slavery and regaining our freedom.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:37 PM, cougar said:

First of all, what is the meaning of "Canada's inflation RATE" and is this the inflation rate everyone in Canada is experiencing?

You are asking us to compare one pile of s*t with another to come to a conclusion you like.

If you don’t compare actual facts and figures, then you’re just making judgements based on feelings.  What good is it to say “Canada’s inflation rate is driving me out of the country” without comparing that rate with other countries?  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

If you don’t compare actual facts and figures, then you’re just making judgements based on feelings.  What good is it to say “Canada’s inflation rate is driving me out of the country” without comparing that rate with other countries?  

Just so you know - the best you can do with pointing out fallacies like this is to get no reply.  That's the silent realization that the poster has, that indicates you have made an impression.

Edited by Michael Hardner

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just so you know - the best you can do with pointing out fallacies like this is to get no reply.  That's the silent realization that the poster has, that indicates you have made an impression.

You give me no replies when i give you facts and figures all the time.  I didn't realize you had intended it as a compliment :) 

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I may not be right but I also wouldn't say it's nonsense.

Okay. But a massive and unsustainable in any horizon immigration drive like these days smacks of a desperation already. If this is the only way to maintain a positive public cash flow, apart from pure ideology, the strategy is going to run right into a wall at some point and not too far away.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

but more likely you'll get some emotional venting, and some canned insults.  😄

1 hour ago, myata said:

Okay. But a massive and unsustainable in any horizon immigration drive like these days smacks of a desperation already. If this is the only way to maintain a positive public cash flow, apart from pure ideology, the strategy is going to run right into a wall at some point and not too far away.

What is the ideology in question ?  Growth Capitalism or Humanism ?  I would say it's the former, especially if you're the type of person who puts immigrants and refugees in the same box.

A brain surgeon from Pakistan is similar to a refugee from Pakistan only in that they're from the same place, which doesn't say much.

35,000 in net emigration over 5 years.. is not all that major. This is what happens when a place has a high cost of living... some folks get discouraged at the disparity between incomes and what they get in housing. SF, LA, and Portland are prime examples. And then they move to Boise, Bend, Reno, Spokane, Salt Lake City, Bozeman, or Ogden, UT... and guess what? Prices go up in those places

In 1800 this country was just coming out of the stone age and not many people from south of the 49th parallel were interested in coming here.

After about 1950, when electricity and central heating were standard in every home, Canada became a somewhat desirable place to live for southerners.

FFWD to 2024 and there are a lot of areas that have been developed in Mexico and further south where Canadians feel safe enough to retire to, and where living is far more affordable.

You know what else is a thing?

The weekly rate for staying at all-inclusives, if you don't have to fly in and out, is quite affordable for people who have pensions and homes that are mtg-free which they can rent out.

If you own a home, have no mtg, and are retired with a modest pension you can consider staying in all-inclusive resorts for part, most, or even all of the year. Screw the cooking, cleaning, 8-hr days and sub-zero weather (or constant rain if you're in southern BC), rent out your house and live like a king. 

Even if you can't afford it for very long yu can probably eat until your heart explodes. Anything is better than this shit. 

I had a couple of friends who came here from Jamaica thinking that they'd get ahead somehow. They'd grind it out for 40+ hrs a week for a meh Canadian life, and when they went home on vacation some of their friends were making bank operating tour boats lol. 

Just imagine, 40 hrs a week in a mine, mill, doing construction or something like that here just to end up driving a Corolla while your friends are cruising in a boat for their day job and then driving a Mercedes 🤣.

Canada's reputation vs reality is out of phase like A/C current. People move here thinking that it's still better than where they're at, but that's no longer the case. Motivated people can have a better life in their 'undeveloped countries' than they will have if they move here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

What good is it to say “Canada’s inflation rate is driving me out of the country” without comparing that rate with other countries?  

Because the posted rate is meaningless and what you feel is the real thing.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Canada's reputation vs reality is out of phase like A/C current. People move here thinking that it's still better than where they're at, but that's no longer the case. Motivated people can have a better life in their 'undeveloped countries' than they will have if they move here. 

Even if they do not come under the skilled class, Canada will still continue bringing the hundreds of thousands of new residents under the refugee class or as students.  Our politicians know only one thing - increase thepopulation to increase demand and keep wages low, till 99.9% are living a slave's standard of life.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Even if they do not come under the skilled class, Canada will still continue bringing the hundreds of thousands of new residents under the refugee class or as students.  Our politicians know only one thing - increase thepopulation to increase demand and keep wages low, till 99.9% are living a slave's standard of life.

Not "our Politiicans".  Justin trudeau, and to a lesser degree the libs in general. Some lib govts were not that bad, most conservative gov'ts werent.  What we're seeing now is absolutely insane levels  -  this has never happened before for any extended time and trudeau is ramping it up.

HE has been sold that this has to happen by the 'millenium'  project - which insists we have to hit over 100 mllion canadians by 2100.  They have their own psychotic reasons for it partly to do with being a more powerful force around the world as a market but mostly to do with making sure that people who live here dont' have that same sense of history and belonging to tradition so they can move forward to rewrite how the culture works to favour more left of center thinking.

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I would say it's the former, especially

Bullsh*t f@ckmanism, more like it. The elites need to cover their mental block, dead end of ideas and vision and administrative desperation with some great cover smelling of nice flowers. As they always did, something f@cked up pour a bucket of great words on it, even more public dough and watch it fixing itself. Worked like a charm (for them; not necessarily the issues and problems).

Distract tired pueblo from seriously f@cked up situation with great songs and quests, like there's anything new under this Moon.

Edited by myata

7 hours ago, myata said:

Bullsh*t f@ckmanism, more like it. The elites need to cover their mental block, dead end of ideas and vision and administrative desperation with some great cover smelling of nice flowers. As they always did, something f@cked up pour a bucket of great words on it, even more public dough and watch it fixing itself. Worked like a charm (for them; not necessarily the issues and problems).

Distract tired pueblo from seriously f@cked up situation with great songs and quests, like there's anything new under this Moon.

It's a little too revolutionary for my taste, but quite lyrical. Lyrical. If you set this to music I'm sure it would be exquisite.

I have nothing to criticize in your Opus.

"Since 2016, the federal government has spent $4.7 billion on its Middle East strategy, Hussen said. "

'Deepening unemployment crisis' among Iraqi youth prompts $9.9M federal investment | CBC News

That is incredible.  We have a health care crisis, a housing crisis, and many other needs in Canada;  yet the government saw fit to spend 4.7 billion dollars in the Middle East.   They have absolutely no concept of money.  That is hard-earned Canadian taxpayer's money.  They spend it on other countries like water.   Fix Canadian problems.   This is shocking.

I said in another post that Canada is a post-national state.  Liberals could care less about Canadians and Canada.  It is all about globalism and trying to build a name for Trudeau and liberals on the world stage.  Maybe retire with a job in the U.N.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1