Biden Leads Among Likely Voters

Even though he trails among registered voters, President Biden actually leads Donald Trump in a new New York Times/Siena poll of the 2024 likely electorate, 47% to 45%.

Our polls have consistently shown Mr. Biden doing better among highly regular and engaged voters — especially those who voted in the last midterm election. In those polls, the most heavily Republican voters have been those who voted in 2020, but not 2022. It helps explain why Democrats keep doing so well in low-turnout special elections even though they struggle in polls of registered voters or adults.

But in this particular poll, the split isn’t just between midterm and non-midterm voters. It’s between people who voted in the 2020 general election and those who didn’t. Mr. Biden leads by six points among voters who participated in the 2020 election, while Mr. Trump holds an overwhelming 22-point lead among those who did not vote in 2020. 

9 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

I am sure Biden will win in 2024. Trump's mental decline continues, and I no longer think he is mentally stable.  Losing the 2020 election broke his brain.

That's clearly wishful thinking.

It would appear from the actual stats and information available it will boil down to the campaign.  And of course the GOTV efforts, which the republicans fumbled in 2020.

in 2020 trump ran a poor campaign, biden ran NO campaign and hid in his basement due to covid. That worked out for him.  This time trump has to step up his game and also force biden out in the open more. Whomever runs the better campaign will likely win, and while that's true to a degree in every election it's going to be even more the case here.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's clearly wishful thinking.

It would appear from the actual stats and information available it will boil down to the campaign.  And of course the GOTV efforts, which the republicans fumbled in 2020.

in 2020 trump ran a poor campaign, biden ran NO campaign and hid in his basement due to covid. That worked out for him.  This time trump has to step up his game and also force biden out in the open more. Whomever runs the better campaign will likely win, and while that's true to a degree in every election it's going to be even more the case here.

Which retirement home should their first debate take place at?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

I am sure Biden will win in 2024. Trump's mental decline continues, and I no longer think he is mentally stable.  Losing the 2020 election broke his brain.

It was probably his fits of RAGE which broke it. Reports from the WH staff say he has a volcanic temper.

As demonstrated by the time he threw his burger plate at the wall and the staff had to clean the ketchup off it.

Edited by robosmith

14 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It was probably his fits of RAGE which broke it. Reports from the WH staff say he has a volcanic temper.

As demonstrated by the time he threw his burger plate at the wall and the staff had to clean the ketchup off it.

Trump will never achieve the feats of his childhood idol - Adolf Hitler. 

Hitler's temper was appearantly more explosive than Trump's too.

12 hours ago, robosmith said:

Even though he trails among registered voters, President Biden actually leads Donald Trump in a new New York Times/Siena poll of the 2024 likely electorate, 47% to 45%.

Our polls have consistently shown Mr. Biden doing better among highly regular and engaged voters — especially those who voted in the last midterm election. In those polls, the most heavily Republican voters have been those who voted in 2020, but not 2022. It helps explain why Democrats keep doing so well in low-turnout special elections even though they struggle in polls of registered voters or adults.

But in this particular poll, the split isn’t just between midterm and non-midterm voters. It’s between people who voted in the 2020 general election and those who didn’t. Mr. Biden leads by six points among voters who participated in the 2020 election, while Mr. Trump holds an overwhelming 22-point lead among those who did not vote in 2020. 

Bah ha ha haaa...

A New York Times slanted poll. Does this sooth your fears?

Hilarious...

Edited by Nationalist

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

Biden has a deepening relationship with the paranormal. 

10 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

DUI_Offender was drunk when he made this post. 

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Bah ha ha haaa...

A New York Times slanted poll. Does this sooth your fears?

Hilarious...

I know, the left is so easy to lead along.  But think about it, a group that has swallowed the Biden-as-president making all these moves and decisions.  They will believe whatever they are told to believe, no questions asked.  

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Biden has a deepening relationship with the paranormal. 

DUI_Offender was drunk when he made this post. 

Perhaps that rash in his groin(the one he bragged about a few weeks back) is spreading…

• Like 2

@bcsapper What's your honest opinion of the USA ending up with Joe Biden as president again? 

I think we both agree that the US is chock full of extremely intelligent, energetic, capable people with the wisdom to be decent leaders. It's almost impossible that there isn't at least one 10/10 there, if not 10,000, plus 50,000 who are easily 9.9/10.

Is Biden even a 2/10? He's basically just the least toxic Dem out there. And that's depressing, because he has huge anger issues. 

If there was a plane crash in the Sahara Desert or the frozen tundra of the north, and Biden was one of only 12 survivors, what are the chances that he'd be selected as the leader?

12 random people, but almost zero chance he'd be the leader. The other 11 would have to be small children. There are millions of 14 yr olds who'd be far better candidates.

If he went to work at a Home Depot right now could he even be a greeter? Could he be the assistant manager of a McDonald's? 

If you were a corporate headhunter, and he brought his current skillset/ability level to the market, where would you place him? Could you put him in a $50k/year job? Where would that be? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

Which retirement home should their first debate take place at?

LOL :)  

I did do a post a while back explaining why the us system makes it so that anyone who's running for president is probably a hair past their 'best before'  date compared to other places like canada for example where our prime ministers are usually elected the first time  in their 40's or very early 50's,, but yeah.

56 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Your desperately empty responses always sooth my fears.

Thanks for demonstrating YOUR intellectual bankruptcy once again.

Lol...oh Dweebles...you are a real work of art...likely produced by Hunter Biden.

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

@bcsapper What's your honest opinion of the USA ending up with Joe Biden as president again? 

I think we both agree that the US is chock full of extremely intelligent, energetic, capable people with the wisdom to be decent leaders. It's almost impossible that there isn't at least one 10/10 there, if not 10,000, plus 50,000 who are easily 9.9/10.

Is Biden even a 2/10? He's basically just the least toxic Dem out there. And that's depressing, because he has huge anger issues. 

If there was a plane crash in the Sahara Desert or the frozen tundra of the north, and Biden was one of only 12 survivors, what are the chances that he'd be selected as the leader?

12 random people, but almost zero chance he'd be the leader. The other 11 would have to be small children. There are millions of 14 yr olds who'd be far better candidates.

If he went to work at a Home Depot right now could he even be a greeter? Could he be the assistant manager of a McDonald's? 

If you were a corporate headhunter, and he brought his current skillset/ability level to the market, where would you place him? Could you put him in a $50k/year job? Where would that be? 

My hilarity at your post was not to do with electing Joe Biden.  The rib busting guffaws are with regard to your notion that an actual election where the people got to choose who they wanted for POTUS would indicate a failure of democracy.  This from someone who wanted to overturn the vote the last time the people did that.

That said, as you asked, I have no idea what the USA would be like with Joe Biden as president again.  Same as it is now, I guess, but older.  With any luck he will surround himself with decent people and take their advice, when it is offered.

But I would put a mop bucket in the White House before I would put that crybaby conman you insist won the election in 2020 back in there.  Same with any of the craven poltroons who say they are running against him for the nomination, but are too chicken to actually run against him for the nomination. 

If I was an actual Republican I would be embarrassed and ashamed of what my party has become.

If I was a Democrat I would just wish we had someone better than Biden.

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

ftfy... 

And again...the Libbies expose their complete lack of honour and respect.

Now the SCOTUS will slap down Colorado and you'll probably lie about that too.

Meh...the Libbie power of screaming and carrying on like children, is waning fast. You're all seen for what you really are... a pack of immature little dweebs who cannot deal with reality.

41 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The rib busting guffaws are with regard to your notion that an actual election where the people got to choose who they wanted for POTUS would indicate a failure of democracy. 

Is it indeed.

Two people on the ballot, are you saying EVERYONE got the choice they wanted for potus? As he pointed out Biden may simply have been the least worst choice for many.

And bernie sanders was winning the nomination till the party stepped in.

It's worth a serious discussion but if your instinct is to simply say "haw haw haw! Ethel come check out what this person said on the interweb" then i'm afraid you don't have a very nuanced view of politics.

The process in the states is pretty flawed.  While it has democratic elements it's a bit of a shell game.  The power brokers and party elite tend to get to decide what you choose from and you tend to choose what they want whether you realize it or not - and you wind up with 2 choices that were put in front of you by the parties.

Not exactly giving everyone who they want for president. It is the illusion of democracy and it is in fact a bit of a  failure of it.  Many say that's why people wanted trump in the first place, just to thorw a cog in the wheels.

Edited by CdnFox

19 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

My hilarity at your post was not to do with electing Joe Biden. 

Of course not. It has to do with the fact that you launch yourself into denial mode whenever any of your cultist viewpoints are challenged.

The rib busting guffaws are with regard to your notion that an actual election where the people got to choose who they wanted for POTUS would indicate a failure of democracy. 

If Americans really want to choose Joe Biden, that's undeniable proof that democracy is a failure.

If you bought a golf course, or a grocery store, or a coffee shop, or a print shop, or a car dealership, and your head of HR walked a Joe Biden into your office and said "This is the new manager" would you be ecstatic, happy, neutral, underwhelmed, thoroughly disappointed, or hopping mad? 

I'd turf them both on the spot, no questions asked, and I'd never second-guess myself as long as I lived.

I'd even give Kamala Harris or AOC a chance. I think that Pete Buttigieg or Hillary Clinton could easily do any of those things. 

But Joe Biden is completely incompetent. I doubt that he can even dress himself anymore. There's no way on God's green earth that having Joe Biden as president is an example of "The cream rising to the top." He's not even pond scum, because spirulina is pond scum and it's useful. 

This from someone who wanted to overturn the vote the last time the people did that.

Don't put your stupid words in my mouth, child. I never said anything about overturning anything. 

I know that the Dems cheated just based on their character and actions alone, but 1) I don't know if it was enough to change the outcome of the election and 2) I know for a fact that the FBI would hide any evidence they found of Dem election cheating.

That said, as you asked, I have no idea what the USA would be like with Joe Biden as president again. 

I asked what you rate him out of 10. Is he seriously better than a 2/10?

I'd like to know your honest, apolitical opinion.

With any luck he will surround himself with decent people and take their advice, when it is offered.

FFS, you saw what happened in 2021, 2022, and 2023, right? Was that good enough?

Are you expecting him to getter better as he heads into the back half of his 80s?

But I would put a mop bucket in the White House before I would put that crybaby conman you insist won the election in 2020 back in there.  Same with any of the craven poltroons who say they are running against him for the nomination, but are too chicken to actually run against him for the nomination. 

Do you think America fared better between 2017 and 2021 than 2021-2023? 

I mean, it's pretty obvious that they did. The world has literally gone to hell in a handbasket since Biden was put on the throne. 2019 was by far the peak of American civilization to this point. It all seems to be unravelling as we speak.

If I was an actual Republican I would be embarrassed and ashamed of what my party has become.

You're not, because you're already a cultist. 

If I was a Democrat I would just wish we had someone better than Biden.

Isn't it sad that they don't? What does that say about them as human beings? It says that they're all such hideous losers that even a brain-addled halfwit is a better choice. 

I don't even like Nikki Haley, but she runs circles around anyone the Dems can belch out.