Canada to welcome Colombians, Haitians, and Venezuelans through new permanent residence pathway

"

On October 10th, Marc Miller, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced that Canada will welcome up to 11,000 Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans through a new humanitarian permanent residence pathway.

Sponsor your family for Canadian immigration

Starting this fall, Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan foreign nationals located in Central or South America or the Caribbean who have extended family connections in Canada will be eligible to apply for the new pathway.

In order to qualify, the principal applicant must be a child, grandchild, spouse, common law partner, parent, grandparent or sibling of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Successful applicants will be offered pre-arrival services, including an employment skills assessment and a referral to a settlement provider organization in their intended community.

IRCC has said that more detailed information will be available closer to the launch of the new pathway."

Canada to welcome Colombians, Haitians, and Venezuelans through new permanent residence pathway | CIC News

Where is this government's brain?   We already have a huge housing crisis and ever-increasing numbers of people depending on food banks.  

How will these people fit in with our economy and how will they lessen the economic problems Canada already faces.  If eleven thousand people are being brought in to Canada from total disaster countries like Haiti that are full of criminals and crime, how is this going to help Canada?   But more liberal, left votes of course.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Children (who are minors) and spouses are fine.  Nobody else should be allowed in unless they qualify on their own as a net economic benefit to the country.

Ffft... You don't want to accept refugees at all ?

Reminds me of...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46105488.amp

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not immigration, it's humanitarian assistance.  And you're against taking in people and loving thy neighbour, I assume for religious reasons...

When has that ever worked out well for us? 

If you're such a humanitarian - what punishment or penalty will you personally take if these people cause trouble or don't integrate well? 

Nothing? Hmmm - not so humanitarian after all are you.

Our own people are suffering right now. We should worry about them.

So foreign aid is nowhere near as effective as we would like it to be since people are still leaving certain countries in huge numbers.

Canada’s international assistance spending increased by 27.0% to CAD$8.4 billion in 2021, up from CAD$6.6 billion in 2020.

African countries received the largest regional share of Canada’s international assistance at 33.3%, followed by Asia & Middle East(22.0%), the Americas (12.9%), Europe (1.9%), and Oceania (1.1%).

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Our own people are suffering right now. We should worry about them.

We've been pointing them out for decades too - now you use them like human shields against doing as little as possible for other suffering people. I think we need to spend more time worrying about you deplorables. You're a social marker or indicator telling us there's something dangerously wrong happening...tipping points come to mind.

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ffft... You don't want to accept refugees at all ?

Reminds me of...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46105488.amp

I would accept as permanent residents any refugees and their immediate family (children, spouse) with skills/education which would enable them to achieve at least a middle class Canadian income without engaging in illegal activity.  All other refugees can stay temporarily to ensure their safety until they're resettled in a country more suitable to their economic profile.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not immigration, it's humanitarian assistance.  And you're against taking in people and loving thy neighbour, I assume for religious reasons...

Many Canadians are suffering now.  Why not take care of Canadians first?  Canada does more than its share on the world by sending hundreds of millions of dollars all over the place.  We also brought in hundreds of thousands of immigrants for various reasons every year and now there is not enough housing for Canadians.  After Trudeau was elected in 2015, Canada brought in about 50,000 Syrian refugees.  How many of them blocked existing Canadians from housing and how many of them have actual meaningful jobs and not living off the government?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

We've been pointing them out for decades too - now you use them like human shields against doing as little as possible for other suffering people. I think we need to spend more time worrying about you deplorables. You're a social marker or indicator telling us there's something dangerously wrong happening...tipping points come to mind.

YOU haven't done shit. So lets not pretend otherwise. Your support of trudeau is WHY we're in the mess we're in.

And there's never been a time like this for Canadians, at least not since the great depression and arguably this is about to be worse than even that time.  Our people can't even feed their kids.

AND - i've been screaming about the need to address the situation here since long before i got here and regularly here. So pretending it's the first time i've raised it is completely dishonest

Once again - you have to lie to make your point.

So obviously you know you're wrong, and you're trying to cover that fact up by going on the attack and lying about it,

that tells me that you think i'm right - which means we shouldn't be spending a nickle on these scumbags and we should keep them out of our country  until we get our own house in order. If you feel that bad for them you can always go to their countries and help out.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

don't want to accept refugees at all ?

Canada has been accepting refugees continually.  We took in about 40,000  Afghans in the last year or two, 50,000 Syrians after Trudeau was elected, but Trudeau turned his back Christians in the middle east who are persecuted or living in danger.  We take in hundreds of thousands of immigrants a year mainly from third world countries without giving a thought to how it would affect the housing situation here.  Thousands of illegal migrants were crossing the border and still are.  So how many refugees do you think Canada should take in in 2024?  Do you think Canada owes anything to its citizens who can't find an affordable home now?

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

we shouldn't be spending a nickle on these scumbags and we should keep them out of our country until we get our own house in order.

That should start with putting your ignorant far corner of the Conservative Party's Big Tent in its place - outside it.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Your support of trudeau is WHY we're in the mess we're in.

? LMAO! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, herbie said:

Yes it's those Afghan & Syrian refugees paying $2 million for a shit shack in Vancouver that made housing unaffordable. We shouldn't let them in unless they prove they can build their own homes. With money they bring with them.

No -  its the Canadian gov't paying 2 million for a shit shack in vancouver to house the refugee's they've brought in that makes housing unaffordable.

Donsn't exactly help with our taxes either.

Just now, eyeball said:

That should start with putting your ignorant far corner of the Conservative Party's Big Tent in its place - outside it.

LOL - your anger when you know you're wrong about something is usually connected to your loss of ability to make sense. :)   I see you're pretty pissed. ROFLMAO

Yes... ill be sure to putting my ignorant far corner of our tent outside it.  :)   I'm sure it made sense when the voices whispered it to you :)

I guess suggesting we take care of our own people is somehow some sort of insanely radical concept the left can't possibly tolerate! :) 

And kid... we all know you support trudeau ;)   we all get why you're embarrassed to admit  it today as well. There's a lot of that going around amongst the libs.

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - your anger

Hilarity you mean.

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And kid... we all know you support trudeau ;)   we all get why you're embarrassed to admit  it today as well. There's a lot of that going around amongst the libs.

?

18 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I guess suggesting we take care of our own people is somehow some sort of insanely radical concept the left can't possibly tolerate.

Its a fairly simple concept that Conservatives can't seem to heed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Hilarity you mean.

Oh i think we can all see you're not laughing :)  LOL!

?

Still know you vote liberal kiddo :)

Its a fairly simple concept that Conservatives can't seem to heed.

Seems like the opposite is true - you lost your shit entirely when i suggested that should be our focus.

Your problem is that you think if someone disagrees with your far left methods of 'caring' for people then they don't care. Even if your methods are being tried and are failing horribly.

But glad you're sort of on board - we need to reduce taxes, get inflation down which will let us ease interest rates, we have a lot of other things to worry about before we start spending billions on people who aren't ours. Which incidentally always drives up inflation.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Oh i think we can all see you're not laughing :)  LOL!

LOL! Sure it's plain as day ?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Still know you vote liberal kiddo :)

Cite.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Seems like the opposite is true - you lost your shit entirely when i suggested that should be our focus.

? Cite...for this...

i've been screaming about the need to address the situation here since long before i got here and regularly here. So pretending it's the first time i've raised it is completely dishonest

? Lost my shit.... ?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Your problem is that you think if someone disagrees with your far left methods of 'caring' for people then they don't care. Even if your methods are being tried and are failing horribly.

The reason I don't think you care is that you're irredeemably deplorable - it's a badge of honor remember?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

But glad you're sort of on board - we need to reduce taxes, get inflation down which will let us ease interest rates, we have a lot of other things to worry about before we start spending billions on people who aren't ours. Which incidentally always drives up inflation.

I'm not on board with you anymore than I am Trudeau. I'm on board with the NDP when it comes to better taxation and investigating other causes of inflation.

Trudeau's methods result in a widening income and wealth gap that is unconscionable in times like these. I see little reason not to believe the times will remain just as unconscionable under Poilievre.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

LOL! Sure it's plain as day ?

It really is :P   It's pretty easy to tell when you lose your shit.  You just start making crap up, your english slips up for some reason and your posts make less sense, it's not hard to tell when something's eating at you.  You'd go broke before you walked in the door as a poker player  :)  

Cite.

Sure.  All the times you voted liberal for example.  :) 

Cite...for this...

Your posts above :)   ROFLMAO!!!!!!  

? Lost my shit.... ?

Yep - and look! We're back to little nothing posts that probably made sense  in your head when you said them but is just incoherent to the rest of us.  A sure sign of shit-loss with you ;)  LOLOL!!!

The reason I don't think you care is that you're irredeemably deplorable - it's a badge of honor remember?

And we're back to making things up at random :)   As well as the ever popular liberal debate tactic of dehumanizing the other person so you can dismiss whatever truths you don't like they might say :)    God kid - if you were any more 'textbook' we'd have to sell you to a school.  :)  

I'm not on board with you anymore than I am Trudeau. I'm on board with the NDP when it comes to better taxation and investigating other causes of inflation.

NDP  is the liberals these days. If you're on board with the ndp you're on board with justin.

Trudeau's methods result in a widening income and wealth gap that is unconscionable in times like these. I see little reason not to believe the times will remain just as unconscionable under Poilievre.

AHHH - is THAT your excuse for voting for justin? "PP will be no better so might as well vote for the guy I like, justin".

Well first off - Tne only reason you don't see why it would be different is that

a) you're not very bright, and

b) you'll look for any excuse to back and defend justin - even if it's just to say 'mgiht as well vote for him, everyone else is just as bad" :) 

Of course PP will be better. It's not like it's that hard a bar to step over. PP's been at this a long time.  We TOLD you guys that a part time drama teacher was NOT a good choice, and that "Prime minister" is not an entry level job. But would you listen? Nooooooooo

Edited by CdnFox