Female Boxer Refuses to Fight Trans Opponent in Canadian Championship Match

CdnFox

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

And here comes Chairman Hardner again to once again tell us that a discussion people are having does not interest him and should not be taking place. Oh, if only he had the ban hammer again!

As i've pointed out numerous times, this is a rather standard trick of the left.  When they encounter a subject that they care about but cannot defend successfully they frequently pull the "why are we even talking about this? It's so petty!"  defense.

THey pretend the subject is of no interest and no weight and it just shows how petty and trivial you are and you must be full of spite and anger to even think about such insignificant matters as if they were serious.  (yawn! how dare you.)

And then spend post after post replying and making that claim.  "This doesn't interest me at all and isn't worth my time- let me spend 200 words explaining why".

It's a safe bet he does care, he's angry he can't defend his position, he's mad you're even talking about it as a result.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

A male weightlifting coach declared himself to be a woman for a day in March just to demonstrate how totally ridiculous this all was.

Love that. When insanity sets out to rule, nothing to bring it back to its place like a good laugh. We sure need more of that.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s straight out of Orwell.  If people can be convinced to call lies truth and to call the irrational rational, they can be made to do just about anything.  

" He went on to prove that black = white and got himself killed at the next zebra crossing."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

1. Let's be honest, those who care, care, and those who don't, don't.  People in general have really not had a lot of time to figure it out either way and I still have no idea why you insist that we are all wasting our time giving a hoot. 

2. As for Innis, the answer is "well Harold, it's because we do".  If one is going to ask the most general question in the history of questions, one should expect a general answer.

(Apparently it was a professor of his, one James Ten Brooke, who posed the question)

1. The overall impact of the issue is negligible.  People are starting to care exclusively about dumb things IMO.

2. The fact that you deny the entire body of work that was formed to answer that question tells me that you didn't cite the quote from the top of your head.

My last word is that you don't care about the topic, and so be it.  

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. The overall impact of the issue is negligible.  People are starting to care exclusively about dumb things IMO.

See? Standard tactic. 'why are we discussing this unimportant issue that i keep discussing'.

Of course the impact significant, and will spread

45 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The chance that one might get run over by an Alsatian riding a Shires pony are low but never zero.

52 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Negligible to you maybe but not to women seeing all their hopes and work going up in smoke because they now have to compete against men in a woman's sport. Not dumb at all to them or anyone else that thinks women's sport should be for women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Negligible to you maybe but not to women seeing all their hopes and work going up in smoke because they now have to compete against men in a woman's sport. Not dumb at all to them or anyone else that thinks women's sport should be for women.

How many people on the tread fall into this group?

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Does it matter? Are we only allowed to comment on things that affect us personally?

No, you can do whatever you like.  But when I pointed out the impact was negligible, that's what I was referring to: people actually impacted not those discussing it like us BC we like to chatter and get upset.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No, you can do whatever you like.  But when I pointed out the impact was negligible, that's what I was referring to: people actually impacted not those discussing it like us BC we like to chatter and get upset.

As I pointed out, it is not negligible to those affected and they have every right to be upset. It is also not negligible to those who have supported them and their sports.

Edited by Aristides

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

As I pointed out, it is not negligible to those affected and they have every right to be upset. It is also not negligible to those who have supported them and their sports.

I thought I already replied to this, maybe I'm repeating myself here but... People on this thread are not impacted. They're discussing it for entertainment basically.

People are hugely concerned with things that do not concern them. Like the war on Christmas.

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's also not negligible to anyone who also participates in different sports where this will also set precedent, such as biking and swimming etc.  Probably an important issue for people who are trans who don't play sports but feel this impacts their rights in one way or another.

It's also important because it's an actual story that's out there being discussed - and it WILL have an impact on people's feelings towards trans rights. We've just seen major canadian marches regarding that issue. its a very divisisve issue right now and if our gov't and cooler heads don't do the right things then we could have a real problem on  our hands.

To blow it off as 'only' being relevant to the people in the story is silly.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I thought I already replied to this, maybe I'm repeating myself here but... People on this thread are not impacted.

They are absolutely impacted.  This is a rights issue that's being discussed right across canada and spills into many areas, of COURSE they're impacted.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I thought I already replied to this, maybe I'm repeating myself here but... People on this thread are not impacted. They're discussing it for entertainment basically.

People are hugely concerned with things that do not concern them. Like the war on Christmas.

How do you know it doesn't concern any of them? The war on Christmas is just manufactured outrage over nothing, biological men competing in women's sport is a reality.

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

How do you know it doesn't concern any of them? The war on Christmas is just manufactured outrage over nothing, biological men competing in women's sport is a reality.

Just a hunch.  I doubt that there are Quebec female boxers here, who arguably are the only ones directly impacted.

My overall point is that news had blended with entertainment and is becoming disconnected from the public sphere. 

I've done my best to explain that.

I recommend Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent and Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death.

Trans news, populist bs and so on is the symptom of a society that is so slothful that they use government for entertainment.

Edited by Michael Hardner

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just a hunch.  I doubt that there are Quebec female boxers here, who arguably are the only ones directly impacted.

My overall point is that news had blended with entertainment and is becoming disconnected from the public sphere. 

I've done my best to explain that.

I recommend Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent and Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death.

Trans news, populist bs and so on is the symptom of a society that is so slothful that they use government for entertainment.

How do you know there is no one with female friends or relatives that are active in women's sport? I would be surprised if there wasn't.

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It's a safe bet he does care, he's angry he can't defend his position, he's mad you're even talking about it as a result

I agree, being compelled to answer for it and excuse it somehow is a sign of feelings of guilt. Daddy knows what he did... ;)  

• Thanks 1

How do you know there is no one with female friends or relatives that are active in women's sport? I would be surprised if there wasn't.

You just broadened the stakeholder group.

Anyway, I feel like my position is generally understandable and defensible from the standpoint of publics.  I don't blame people who are interested in the hot topics of today, but nobody wants to discuss the public sphere and the mechanics of that.  And it's hard for me to be more clear, which is why I referenced acclaimed works on this topic.

If you have any closing comments, please go ahead.  

Edited by Michael Hardner

It doesn't really matter.  Injustice is injustice.  I have no female Muslim friends, but that doesn't stop me being horrified at the treatment some of them have to endure.  I don't know any pregnant women in Alabama who want an abortion but..., well, you get the picture.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You just broadened the stakeholder group.

Anyway, I feel like my position is generally understandable and defensible from the standpoint of publics.  I don't blame people who are interested in the hot topics of today, but "nobody" wants to discuss the public sphere and the mechanics of that.  And it's hard for me to be more clear, which is why I referenced acclaimed works on this topic.

If you have any closing comments, please go ahead.  

Who is this "NOBODY" you talk about, i see plenty of posters wanting to discuss it in more detail.. anyways, you spent almost 36 posts on this very topic, for a person who did not want to discuss it in any detail you've spent a lot of time and effort on it....

If we are to only discuss topics that only personally involve us, i think the entire forum could be reduced to one page...maybe Greg could change the format...for you that is...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aristides said:

Does it matter? Are we only allowed to comment on things that affect us personally?

Do as you're told, and get in your box, and stay in it!  

Reminds me of the Ramaswamy vs Lemon debate.

The latter had zero logic or point, so pointed to his being black as a reason that a debate he was handily losing couldn't be discussed.

Anyone with a daughter should be concerned about this, if they compete in sports.

You can work your whole life to be the best, only to have Sally take your place in her first year of girlhood.

Add insult to injury, her bathing suit is made custom to accommodate her she bulge whereas you still couldn't get swim caps that fit your hair.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Who is this "NOBODY" you talk about, i see plenty of posters wanting to discuss it in more detail.

He's like that elderly woman at a hockey game of 21 000, trying to shush the screaming fans.

Completely oblivious to the fact everyone wants to scream, but it's her that wants the silence.

Why go to a hockey game? Thats the true question.

• Haha 1