Complicit in War Crimes

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

It'll be glorious! C'mon, where's your sense of adventure? And it just may not be that bad. I mean, the scientists who lit the fuse on the first nuke seriously entertained the possibility they would ignite Earth's atmosphere. Do you think that stopped them?  Please don't tell me we spent trillions on these things just to let them sit there gathering dust.

A limited nuclear exchange that makes us stare oblivion in the face just may be enough of a galvanizing event to smarten us up.  You really don't think the smack-upside-the-head painful-path-to-progress thing has ANY merit whatsoever?

Sure it would, we could all hold hands and sing kumbaya, dance around the camp fire, until we are swallowed by the flash of light and turned into dust...These weapons' are like cotton candy to fat kids , you can't just take one bite or a few bites it is all or nothing...No such thing as a limited strike...

And we did not spend a dime on these things...this is Canada we are way to cheap to purchase weapons' of mass destruction...were way to cheap to spend money period, unless it is for votes, and when we do we spend just what we have to to scrape by...health care, immigration, military , all the other security services, i don't think there is a department in the entire government that is fully funded...we want someone else to pay for everything....thats who we become...

The answer to your last question...No i don't think we as a nation are smart enough to really do much in this world, we use to be able to not any more, we are stuck in a world of make believe of a trillion plus genders, were words can kill, our education system buys into all of this, it becomes enshrined into our laws, were reverse racism is condoned, it is used in provincial and federal government levels...Ya we never stood a chance...I'm hoping the conservatives over there 8 years of employment reverse a lot of it....bringing us back to the center ...

Sign and share the petition:

The following petition will be shared with the International Criminal Court (ICC) in support of a notice of intention to seek prosecution of Canadian government officials for aiding and abetting war crimes in Gaza.

The International Centre of Justice for Palestinians Legal Working Group for Canadian Accountability (ICJP LWGCA) has issued a notice to the Government of Canada of its intention to prosecute Canadian officials for their role in aiding and abetting Israel’s war crimes.

The notice was issued on November 16 to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Minister of Foreign Affairs Mélanie Joly, Minister of National Revenue Marie-Claude Bibeau and Minister of Justice (Attorney General) Arif Virani.

The notice included a stark warning that Canadian government officials could be individually liable and face charges before the ICC if there is evidence they have aided and abetted Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity (a violation of Article 25(3)(c) and (d) of the Rome Statute).

the Canadian government has continued to pledge its steadfast support for Israel. It has also refused to halt arms exports, refused to take action to prevent the illegal recruitment of Canadian volunteers to assist Israel’s military, and refused to stop millions of dollars from being unlawfully sent by some Canadian organisations with charitable status to benefit Israel’s military.

The Canadian government must be held accountable for complicity in war crimes.

Intention to prosecute Canadian officials for aiding and abetting Israel’s war crimes - Action Network

• Downvote 1

On 11/11/2023 at 2:57 PM, WestCanMan said:

Gazans:

1) Have no great reason to strive for genocide against the Israelis. 1947 Pakistan was infinitely more cruel than 1948 Israel.

The majority of Gazans are 18 or under. This means all of the under-18s, and those up to about age 30 have gone through a school system whose curriculum was designed and enforced by Hamas. That curriculum teaches that martyrdom is the most noble of all callings, and that the Jews must die as per their religious teachings.

Al-Bukhari (3593) and Muslim (2921) narrated from the hadith of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “The Jews will fight you and you will prevail over them, then a rock will say: ‘O Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.’” 

In Saheeh Muslim (2922), it is narrated from the hadith of Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until the Muslims fight the Jews and the Muslims will kill them, until a Jew hides behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say: O Muslim, O slave of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Except the gharqad (a thorny tree), for it is one of the trees of the Jews.” 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 11:21 PM, Gaétan said:

I don't hate Jews, but I hate what the government of Israel is doing to the Palestinians

FAFO

I think this is just yet another self-inflicted wound in a long series of self-inflicted wounds the Palestinians have unfortunately chosen to inflict upon themselves. 

On 11/14/2023 at 12:03 AM, eyeball said:

I would have preferred if they'd responded in Qatar and Iran - the head of the octopus.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they haven't blown up the penthouses where Hamas leaders are and bombed the shit out of Iran is because the US has forbidden it.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:12 AM, marcus said:

If you oppose the decades long human rights violations committed by Israel

Israel's problem is that all around their borders is the land of the barbarians. And the barbarians are religious fanatics who hate Jews. And a not insignificant number of them are more than willing to seek martyrdom by killing a Jew or two. Israelis have had to live with this knowledge since birth, that there are millions of people just salivating at the prospect of somehow getting through or under or over or around the barriers Israel puts on its border so they can kill a Jew and obtain martyrdom. 

Extreme measures not quite in synch with dainty, delicate Canadian sensibilities have had to be employed. And, of course, Israelis are human. It would be astonishing if many of them didn't hate the Arabs back, and didn't blame them for all manner of problems (rightly so in many cases). It would be statistically impossible that some of them didn't act out of that hatred and do things they shouldn't be doing.

But the blame lies with the barbarians.

and support a free Palestine,

What is this 'free Palestine' of which you speak? Anyone who thinks Palestine will be free if it gains its independence probably thought Rhodesia would be free once it became Zimbabwe. Hamas intends to implement an Islamic state similar to Iran. Do you call that freedom? Nor would this result in peace. They'd arm up with heavy weapons and then attack Israel.

The world has woken up and will no longer stand supporting an apartheid state such as Israel.

You have all the cliche's of the far left. But nobody pays much attention to these nonsensical accusations anymore. You know that some of the people Hamas murdered when they crossed the border were Muslims, right? You know there are Muslim soldiers and police in Israel? That there are Muslims in the Knesset? 

The same will happen with Israel. Western governments will be forced to give into the pressure from the people who now overwhelmingly want a stop to Israel's atrocities. 

Just because you far-left kooks have joined together with Muslim immigrants (who despise everything you believe in, by the way) to wave their silly flags in the streets does not in any way support your belief 'the people' agree with you. Most of 'the people' wish you losers would just go and live in the middle east where you'll be happier.

Here are American Jews who will not allow tribalism to come in the way of doing the right thing; Speaking out against Israel's genocide:

If these people were kidnapped and taken to the border of Gaza, then pushed across. How do you think the Gazans would treat them? About like they did the Jews in that peacenik dance festival, I imagine, gleeful slaughter and rape.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:42 AM, Gaétan said:

They won't take off the injustice and have peace by doing more injustice. What Hamas did was because of injustice.

What Hamas did was because of their religious fanaticism that tells them to kill all Jews.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:37 PM, eyeball said:

That didn't stop anyone when it came to bombing Afghanistan after 9/11 - where the attackers were predominately Saudi Arabian and there wasn't a single Afghan in sight. 

The attackers were members of Al Quaeda, whose leaders were in Afghanistan, along with some ten thousand holy warriors who had flocked to their standard. Afghanistan richly deserved to be bombed.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:23 PM, suds said:

What does a 'free Palestine' mean to you?  If one listens to Hamas, it means a Palestine free of Jews.

And the same degree of freedom people had under ISIS.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:33 PM, herbie said:

Probably told the patients that the Israelis would come massacre them all and that's why Hamas had to 'defend' the hospital.

And the patients likely believed it because if they marched into an Israeli hospital that's exactly what would happen.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:54 PM, eyeball said:

Nope. I'm betting the politicians will make peace and solve their dilemma once the bathroom facilities are closed off.

It'll come down to intestinal retention vs fortitude.

Sexist pig. This means only men will make the decisions!

Edited by I am Groot

On 11/15/2023 at 8:23 PM, eyeball said:

Everything you say is just as true the other way, Israel started it and Israelis want their government to continue subjugating Palestine to this day and with no end in sight.

How did Israel 'start it'?

And I think most Israelis would be delighted if they could leave the West Bank and Gaza and completely ignore them thereafter. But anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that if Israel left the very first thing the Palis would do would be to get their hands on as much heavy weaponry as they could find, train up, and then attack Israel again. THAT is why Israel won't just leave. If Jordan wanted to have the West Bank back again most Israelis would be delighted to give it to them. Same goes for Gaza and Egypt.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:27 PM, eyeball said:

Nothing justifies that. The people who did that should definitely be arrested and charged for war crimes too.

How do you arrest hundreds of armed men who belong to an organization with an estimated 30,000 armed fighters in the midst of two million others? Send in a beat cop with a warrant?

On 11/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, eyeball said:

Kindergarten kids it is then.

Hmmm

On 11/15/2023 at 10:58 PM, eyeball said:

Its also on those who turned Jewish refugees away to those who told them to go subjugate somebody else who didn't matter and especially to those who insist on calling that a right to defend yourself.

How come you lefties blame us all for sh1t that happened 80 years ago but won't blame brown-people for things that happened yesterday?

Edited by I am Groot

28 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

How do you arrest hundreds of armed men who belong to an organization with an estimated 30,000 armed fighters in the midst of two million others? Send in a beat cop with a warrant?

Pretty tough when you don't have an extradition process alright - another failure stemming from failing to have a normal relationship with your neighbours.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Pretty tough when you don't have an extradition process alright - another failure stemming from failing to have a normal relationship with your neighbours.

Uhm, an extradition process with the government that organized the attack and sent them there?

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

How does that follow?

Men don't have all that baby making stuff inside their abdomens so can control their bladders longer. How is it you're an adult and don't know this?

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

With terrorism.

What kind of terrorism? Be specific, please.

Edited by I am Groot

5 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Men don't have all that baby making stuff inside their abdomens so can control their bladders longer. How is it you're an adult and don't know this?

What sort of bizarre tangent are you on now?

What kind of terrorism? Be specific, please.

JEWISH-ZIONIST TERRORISM AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF ISRAEL

JEWISH TERRORISM AGAINST BRITISH AND ARABS DID CONTRIBUTE HEAVILY TO THE REMOVAL OF THE BRITISH FROM PALESTINE, THE ABANDONMENT OF THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS MANDATE AND THE CREATION OF A JEWISH STATE OF ISRAEL

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/jewish-zionist-terrorism-and-establishment-israel

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What sort of bizarre tangent are you on now?

Look up female anatomy, and the effect having a uterus has on bladders

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

JEWISH-ZIONIST TERRORISM AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF ISRAEL

Well, this is just what I said last post about how you like to hold people you consider 'white' to blame for things done eighty or ninety years ago but exempt those you consider 'brown' from the same kind of judgment. By the way, the brown people were committing terrorist acts and murdering Jews back in those times, too.

And all that did was drive the British out to hand it over to the UN. The UN created the two states and the entire Arab world said NO and attacked. THAT is what started it all. Imagine if they'd instead just accepted it and helped the new Palestine set up and establish itself and left the Jews alone. But you can't bring yourself to blame them because they're brown people to you. And so exempt from judgment.

50 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Look up female anatomy, and the effect having a uterus has on bladders

I have no idea where you're trying to go with this.

50 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Well, this is just what I said last post about how you like to hold people you consider 'white' to blame for things done eighty or ninety years ago but exempt those you consider 'brown' from the same kind of judgment. By the way, the brown people were committing terrorist acts and murdering Jews back in those times, too.

And all that did was drive the British out to hand it over to the UN. The UN created the two states and the entire Arab world said NO and attacked. THAT is what started it all. Imagine if they'd instead just accepted it and helped the new Palestine set up and establish itself and left the Jews alone. But you can't bring yourself to blame them because they're brown people to you. And so exempt from judgment.

Like the female anatomy thing it seems you can't make your point without inserting some unfounded assumption you have about my character into your response.

What do brown people have to do with anything? I'm guessing it's all part of your tangled mess of assumptions about the left wing.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The majority of Gazans are 18 or under. This means all of the under-18s, and those up to about age 30 have gone through a school system whose curriculum was designed and enforced by Hamas. That curriculum teaches that martyrdom is the most noble of all callings, and that the Jews must die as per their religious teachings.

Al-Bukhari (3593) and Muslim (2921) narrated from the hadith of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “The Jews will fight you and you will prevail over them, then a rock will say: ‘O Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.’” 

In Saheeh Muslim (2922), it is narrated from the hadith of Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until the Muslims fight the Jews and the Muslims will kill them, until a Jew hides behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say: O Muslim, O slave of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Except the gharqad (a thorny tree), for it is one of the trees of the Jews.” 

I've seen that before, back when an imam in a Mtl mosque referenced that quote a few years ago.

Apparently the Shia don't acknowledge that Hadith as being real. As far as the majority of muslims are concerned, only the Sunnis believe it. 

I can't say what all the other various groups have to say about that, there are dozens of offshoots within those groups. 

That's kind of weird, because the main Shia group that we hear from is the Iranian leadership group, and they're arguably the leaders of the genocide against Israel gang. 

6 hours ago, I am Groot said:

How come you lefties blame us all for sh1t that happened 80 years ago but won't blame brown-people for things that happened yesterday?

Good question. The Ottoman Turks used massacres and ethnic cleansing to rid themselves of Greeks and Assyrians during the Balkan wars. When Muslims fled the newly independent Christian countries and returned to the heart of the Ottoman empire they displaced Christians from their homes and gave them to their own Muslim refugees. They used genocide to kill over a million Christian Armenian men while women and children were forced to convert to Islam. To be fair, mass atrocities were committed by ALL sides. The British allied with the Arabs during WW1 to defeat the Turks (think Lawrence of Arabia) which led to the end of the Ottoman Empire. The mandate the British received for Palestine included a national home, one for Jews and one for Arabs. While Transjordan was strictly set aside for Arabs.  The mandate officially ended in 1948. When the Arabs refused to accept the partition of Palistine (UN Resolution 181) war broke out between Israel and the Arab League shortly after Israeli independence. Many of the Arab refugees fled to Lebanon. This influx of Arabs in Lebanon created a problem with the power sharing arrangement between Christians and Muslims that eventually led to civil war. Around 1980 in Syria, the government had problems dealing with the Muslim Brotherhood which demanded an Islamic state be put in place. The Syrian army reacted by indiscriminately shelling the city of Hama to a pile of rubble killing an estimated 40,000 of their own people. These are only a few of the events that took place over the last 150 years. Not even a mention of ISIS, Iraq, or Iran. The reasons are varied.... nationalism and religion played a large part. So did power, war, and the refusal to accept a decaying empire. I just don't see where Canada plays such a big role in all of this.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:18 PM, CdnFox said:

So what you're saying is you wish you had someoen who doesn't love you at all.

This implies you don't love Israel at all, which is more false than claiming the Earth is flat.

You love Israel more than Popeye loves eating spinach.

You love Israel more than Red Green loves duct tape.

You love Israel so much you defend them online every day.

I would rather be single all my life than shill for zionism all day, likely for free.

4 minutes ago, Canadian_Cavalier said:

This implies you don't love Israel at all, which is more false than claiming the Earth is flat.

Actually i don't really have any love for israel.  Any support for them is based strictly on my sense of outrage over the attacks, sympathy for then as a group surrounded by violent psychos who want to kill them, and my strong feelings that a country/person has the right to defend themselves against psychotic attackers.

Sorry if you thougth this was some big partisan thing. It isn't. I'm no more in love with israel then i woudl be for some guy in ontairo who had to defend his home from an invader who killed his daughter.

You love Israel more than Popeye loves eating spinach.

LOL :)  i'm sure that it helps you to cope with the fact you're wrong so often to think that i'm not really right, just partisan. Sorry,

You love Israel more than Red Green loves duct tape.

You take that back.  NOBODY loves ANYTHING more than Red loves his duct tape and it's a canadian slander to say otherwise!!!

You love Israel so much you defend them online every day.

I hate Gaza's actions and their people and supporter's complicity in what's happening right now.  It would be more accurate to say i dislike the criminals than to say i like the victims.  And it's kind of the story of the day. You notice before this i never mentioned isreal once in all the time i've been here

I would rather be single all my life than shill for zionism all day, likely for free.

Yeah ... it may not be the 'shill' part that's keeping you single :)   I suspect women are seeing all kinds of other red flags there. Sorry big guy.