Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

A pair of Conservative MPs will try to compel a CBC executive and a journalism standards director to appear before a House of Commons committee to defend the company's language guide — which discourages the use of the words "terrorism" and "terrorists" when describing attacks and their perpetrators.

Alberta Conservative MP Rachael Thomas, the party's Canadian heritage critic, said in a statement posted to social media that the idea is to hold the Crown corporation accountable for what she calls "its biased coverage of Hamas' attack on Israel."

unquote

Conservative MPs want to bring CBC executives before Commons committee over 'terrorism' language policy (msn.com)

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Gawd you're a slimy little bugger.

"War tactic"? In what wars?

You're one sick POS. I don't know what sick bastards you're talking about. 

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm setting the record straight.

You just keep on believin' whatever it is that you believe. 

Everything I said is true.

You never set anything straight. You made rectal pluck comments that I debunked LOL

You clearly don't like it but hey, the reality hammer hit ya hard LOL

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I'd say an invasion of Israel is a declaration of war...no need for a formal declaration...I also don't think there has been a peace agreement signed , there might still be technically still at war from the last conflict back in the day....

Just saying. that a declaration was made.

The other guy made a comment and I only said Israel was the one that formally declared war.

An incursion elsewhere in the world seems to be called conflicts.

You may be very right....there has been "tension" since 1948 in that region (not even saying the previous 2000 years)

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Did the Japanese ever officially say words to the effect of "We declare war on the US" or was that just assumed when they attacked Pearl Harbour? 

ExFlyer wants to know who started the war in the pacific ?

Because it puts the entire muslim world in an uproar, as well as most of the western world. 

What a cop out LOL

When ya can't back up or put forth a real argument you make shit up LOL

28 minutes ago, eyeball said:

My bad I thought you were replying to taxme 

Apologies to ExFlyer.

WestConMan is a bitter little person that cannot understand that his opinion is the only opinion LOL

He resorts to lies and makes shit up to deflect his ignorance.

Just now, ExFlyer said:

WestConMan is a bitter little person that cannot understand that his opinion is the only opinion LOL

He resorts to lies and makes shit up to deflect his ignorance.

Get over yourself little boy. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

All I do is set the record straight, so I correct the things that you say in your posts.

I fully understand that you can't be convinced of anything that you didn't see on CNN or Al Jazeera. 

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Are you attempting to rate the conflicts going on in the world this year?? One is worse than the other?  Hamas was the worst?

Russia/Ukraine?

Rohingya conflict.

Myanmar civil war (2021–present)

Africa comes second in the number of armed conflicts per region with more than 35 non-international armed conflicts (NIACs) taking place in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic (CAR), the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan.

Asia is the theatre of 19 non-international armed conflicts (NIACs) involving 19 armed groups. These are happening in Afghanistan, India, Myanmar, Pakistan and The Philippines.

Four out of seven conflicts: Russia is currently occupying Crimea (Ukraine), Transdniestria (Moldova), as well as South Ossetia and Abkhazia (Georgia), while Armenia is occupying parts of Nagorno Karabakh

And so?

What we saw from Hamas was utter barbarism. The same sort of thing the Huns or Vandals might have engaged in centuries ago. Russia is very little better in some of the things it's done, but they too are barbarians hammering at the gates of civilization. Most of the third world wars are barbarians against other barbarians.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taxme said:

Show me the land deeds that says that Israel bought and paid for the land legally from the Pals, while others have said that Israel stole the land. Where are those documents? 

So, if the Israelis bought the land, why do the Palestinians keep saying that Israel stole their land? Well? 

I was referring more to land purchases in Palestine by Jews before 1948. You're referring to the Palestinians who fled Israel after war broke out and their right of return. Yes, I can certainly understand why Palestinians claim Israel stole their land. While at the same time I can see Israel's position in having to deal with the large influx of Jews who were forced to flee Arab lands without compensation. The Israelis also questioned if such a large number of Palestinians could live in peace with the Jews when for the previous decades they could not, and partition was seen as the only solution. Partition is an ugly business (just ask India), and when combined with war this is the sort of thing that happens. But I acknowledge your point.

14 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Get over yourself little boy. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

All I do is set the record straight, so I correct the things that you say in your posts.

I fully understand that you can't be convinced of anything that you didn't see on CNN or Al Jazeera. 

There ya go. Just as I said.

Don't like it, well, don't respond.

You setting the record straight alright, straight as the road through the rockies LOL

14 hours ago, I am Groot said:

And so?

What we saw from Hamas was utter barbarism. The same sort of thing the Huns or Vandals might have engaged in centuries ago. Russia is very little better in some of the things it's done, but they too are barbarians hammering at the gates of civilization. Most of the third world wars are barbarians against other barbarians.

So?

Just responding to a comment that what is "happening atm is the continuing struggle between civilization and barbarism." in the middle east and informing that sort of thing is happening at this time elsewhere in the world.

Back to the topic..

I would say that there is and should not be a legal mechanism for stopping support rallies for topics like this. Do I support Hamas? No. The point is that government should not be the one to decide whether the topic of protest is valid. Society has a way of weeding that out. In Coeur D' Alene Idaho, they used to have an Aryan Nations March in downtown. The city approved the permit and let them have it... and as time went on, the attendance and participation dwindled to nothing. I was there during the last attempt.. It was two men with one pulling a dog in a wagon and that's it. Rather pathetic. The very few attendees were laughing as well. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Back to the topic..

I would say that there is and should not be a legal mechanism for stopping support rallies for topics like this. Do I support Hamas? No. The point is that government should not be the one to decide whether the topic of protest is valid.  

I think it's important for Canadians and Americans to see just how insane some of our citizens are.

We've always been told that we were crazy for suspecting that some of our fellow Canadians were terrorists/sympathizers and now we know that we were right on target. 

I was there during the last attempt..

Kudos to you for experiencing something with the intention to learn about it. There's another thread here which questions why profs and journalists would attend rallies that are unpopular in the west. 

Did you become a white supremacist? 

It was two men with one pulling a dog in a wagon and that's it. Rather pathetic. The very few attendees were laughing as well. 

That's hilarious.

Edited by WestCanMan

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I think it's important for Canadians and Americans to see just how insane some of our citizens are.

We've always been told that we were crazy for suspecting that some of our fellow Canadians were terrorists/sympathizers and now we know that we were right on target. 

Kudos to you for experiencing something with the intention to learn about it. There's another thread here which questions why profs and journalists would attend rallies that are unpopular in the west. 

Did you become a white supremacist? 

That's hilarious.

No. I was there mostly by accident. I just happened to be in Coeur D'Alene on a saturday morning in 2003. Only reason that I figured out that it was the Aryan Nations march is that we drove into downtown and noticed that some streets were blocked off and as most people do.. we investigated. It was hilarious that the two men would even bother. They had no audience so why even try. As for why North Idaho went from the HQ of the Aryan Nations movement to it being laughed off, it comes down to population growth. 

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-machine-gun-earrings-terrorist-flags-anti-semitism-rampant

Machine-gun earrings, terrorist flags — anti-Semitism rampant

First, there was a shocking display of support for Hamas terrorists in Mississauga by a protester flaunting gold machine-gun earrings.

Then came the arrival of a pickup truck with occupants flying Taliban flags.

Even some condoning the “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” chants knew it was too much and asked men in a truck to tuck them away.

A woman wearing a headscarf bearing Palestinian colours, a “don’t give up the gun” martyr T-shirt and large gold AK-47 earrings declared Hamas was right to slaughter more than 1,300 civilians and kidnap a 199.

For example, there were graffiti attacks on a mosque in Toronto’s east-end, a Hamas flag at last Monday’s Toronto protest and an anti-Semitic slogan written on a building in Etobicoke’s Centennial Park over the weekend which said “attack the Jew.” Police have made an arrest in the first one and are investigating the other two incidents.

“The continued presence at rallies across the country of the flags of listed terrorist entities demonstrates that these rallies are not as advertised,” said B’nai Brith research manager Richard Robertson. “They are not being used to encourage peace, but rather are serving as sites of convergence for those who wish to promote hate.”

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 2:22 PM, Army Guy said:

No all we seen was bodies strewn across the ground as they were murdered as they stood, babies beheaded, old women shot execution style...women raped, then killed their naked bodies dragged in the street as if they were trophies... ya nice guys your hero's... Reality is Gaza will be flattened, vast chunks of it already are, once the ground campaign gets going it is going to get much worse, there won't be anything standing , they will flush your baby killers out and put an end to their suffering...

My side is not backed by a terrorist organization...my side does not beheads babies, shot old women and children in front of their families...your side is full of sick bastards who fight only to kill Israelis nothing more...

My side is defending their right to exist...and now they are using that right to push Hamas into a corner where they can be exterminated...

We all have to live with our choices, including you, supporting terrorist seems to be you bag...it's fine, just don't be surprised when your called out for it...

Where the hell are all those videos and pictures that you say are atrocities happening to whomever? I hear a lot of talk about this but I have not been shown any of these atrocities on TV yet? Have you? Show me, will ya, just to prove what you are telling me here is true. A simple request. Without any pictures or videos, why should I believe you? 

On 10/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, impartialobserver said:

Back to the topic..

I would say that there is and should not be a legal mechanism for stopping support rallies for topics like this. Do I support Hamas? No. The point is that government should not be the one to decide whether the topic of protest is valid. Society has a way of weeding that out. In Coeur D' Alene Idaho, they used to have an Aryan Nations March in downtown. The city approved the permit and let them have it... and as time went on, the attendance and participation dwindled to nothing. I was there during the last attempt.. It was two men with one pulling a dog in a wagon and that's it. Rather pathetic. The very few attendees were laughing as well. 

Off topic here but, the white folk of the world are going to be sad one day that they did not join in and or belong to an outfit like the Aryan Nations because very soon white folk will be a very tiny minority in their own white homeland, and people like you will be happy to watch that happen one day. If you are white, than enjoy your white majority status for now because you are going to be crying the blues n another decade or so. Why do white people want to see their white race become a minority in their own white homeland is beyond me. Non-white minorities are starting to takeover, slowly but surely, in every white country on earth. Sad but true in my opinion. ?

Unfortunately, living in a so-called free country like Canada rallies are allowed. The reason that we see the rally support for Hamas is because of our present day immigration policy where Canada has been bringing in way too many non-white cultures and religions that in reality have no love for Canada at all. Many of those rally protesters came from countries that they wanted to get the hell away from, but yet, they still bring their past lives with them. It's not there fault. It's your fault. You sat on your arse and allowed this to happen without a peep. So, live with it. You bought it, you own it now. Just saying.?  

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Off topic here but, the white folk of the world are going to be sad one day that they did not join in and or belong to an outfit like the Aryan Nations because very soon white folk will be a very tiny minority in their own white homeland, and people like you will be happy to watch that happen one day. If you are white, than enjoy your white majority status for now because you are going to be crying the blues n another decade or so. Why do white people want to see their white race become a minority in their own white homeland is beyond me. Non-white minorities are starting to takeover, slowly but surely, in every white country on earth. Sad but true in my opinion. ?

Unfortunately, living in a so-called free country like Canada rallies are allowed. The reason that we see the rally support for Hamas is because of our present day immigration policy where Canada has been bringing in way too many non-white cultures and religions that in reality have no love for Canada at all. Many of those rally protesters came from countries that they wanted to get the hell away from, but yet, they still bring their past lives with them. It's not there fault. It's your fault. You sat on your arse and allowed this to happen without a peep. So, live with it. You bought it, you own it now. Just saying.?  

Hmmm.. and I do not live in Canada. In short.. your post is 100% prediction. Predictions are not fact. 

10 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Hmmm.. and I do not live in Canada. In short.. your post is 100% prediction. Predictions are not fact. 

It is not only my prediction gut it is fact. It is only a matter of time. So, what country do you live in? Just asking. 

45 minutes ago, taxme said:

Where the hell are all those videos and pictures that you say are atrocities happening to whomever? I hear a lot of talk about this but I have not been shown any of these atrocities on TV yet? Have you? Show me, will ya, just to prove what you are telling me here is true. A simple request. Without any pictures or videos, why should I believe you? 

They're not the kind of things to post here, and no one is denying the war crimes but you. 

The only thing Hamas denies is chopping off babies' heads.

The videos of dead women being paraded through the streets and spat on by teens are on TV, have you not been watching? 

• Thanks 1

How is it that terrorist sympathizers and supporters get approved for immigration into Canada?  

Trudeau brought in something like 50,000 Syrian refugees after he was elected in 2015.  How many of these were screened for being terrorist supporters or screened for being antisemitic?   How many of them have been now demonstrating in the streets Canadian cities and yet hold Canadian citizenship or residency status?