Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Ahh, so some human beings are worth more than others??

The other conflicts involve no citizens?

The other conflicts are not full of barbarism, religious bigotry and cowardice?

There are rules to war and if you really served in the armed forced you'd know that.

I'm not speaking about all those other conflicts because there are too many and I'm not up to date on all of them. 

I think you are being a bit bigoted and doing profiling.

You know that I'm accurately portraying the attacks by Hamas.

You know that I'm accurately portraying the retaliation by Israel.

You know that I'm accurately portraying the attitudes of the Hamas/Pakistan supporters.

You know that I'm accurately portraying the attitudes of the Israeli supporters.

What's bigoted about that? Does the truth hurt your feelings? Maybe focus on the actual truth and not just what you want to believe. 

12 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, if the Israelis bought the land, why do the Palestinians keep saying that Israel stole their land? Well? 

The area which Israel is located in has been fought over for several thousand years.  I gave you the link on Wikipedia that goes into detail of who controlled what over the past several thousand years.  Did you even bother to read it?  Or are you going to stick to your meaningless Palestinian claim that the land is "stolen".  That doesn't help anything.

It is completely false.  

There was no state called Palestine.  The word Palestine is a generic word simple referring to the whole area.  It was the term given to the general area by the Roman Empire 2,000 years ago.  One article says the Romans named it Palestine as a kind of insult to the Jews who lived there for many centuries.  The name Palestine is a derivative from Philistines, which were a traditional enemy of Israel. 

It has been occupied by Jews and Arabs going back thousands of years.  But there is much more detail of who conquered and occupied it in the Wikipedia article.

History of Palestine - Wikipedia

In the 1940s, I believe the area was designated as belonging to Israel by the League of Nations, the forerunner to the United Nations.  In 1948 Israel officially became the State of Israel.  Many, if not most, Muslim countries do not acknowledge Israel's right to exist.

Edited by blackbird

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Then they'll wind up dead and homeless as a result and that is absolutely their choice to make.

Correct - it doesn't matter in the slightest.  Zero 'phks' are given to things that don't matter in the slightest.

Today we are where we are. Today gaza has yet again proven it abosolutely refuses to live in peace with isreal and will continue to kill it's people and it's women and children whenever it gets the chance

So. Gaza had a chocie. They could choose to say "how do we move forward and live together" or "lets go to war until one of is is dead'.

Bad choice on their part as far as im' concerned but - here we are.

I am pro not shooting babies or women and slaughtering thousands of innocent people including Canadians.  If the gaza residents had an 'offswithch' that we could use to shut down their violence that would be fine  but the y don't.  So - whatever has to happen to end that threat has to happen.

Well iseal isn't bombing or attacking me right now, so it kind of seems that they ARE the average gaza-ites problem and not mine,

Dont' care. If all they want is violence and war then scatter them to the winds and burn their land to ash - they're horrible people who deserve no better. Sorry - they're judged on their actions and their actions were to attack without provocation or warning and slaughter as many innocent people as they could. THat's what those people are.

As I said already. If someone stole your land, would you still say it would not matter the slightest to you? 

I have to now watch MSNBC to get the Palestinian side of the story. The Pals that are being bombed every day now appear to me to be people who do not belong nor support Hamas. They are the victim here who have done nothing to be treated with bombs. Get your head out of the Israeli lobby's arse and check out as to what is being done to innocent Palestinian people. Israel is now being judged on their bombing of innocent peoples lives. 

So, why do you give a fiddlers phk as to what goes on in the Middle East? I certainly do not. What goes on in Canada is my first priority and not what goes on in the rest of the world. 

But as Ariel Sharon once said many decades ago in the Knesset when asked by one of it's members, "but what about America"? Sharon replied, "we own America". Interesting. If it were not for America, Israel would not exist today. ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, taxme said:

Show me the land deeds that says that Israel bought and paid for the land legally from the Pals, while others have said that Israel stole the land. Where are those documents? 

So, if the Israelis bought the land, why do the Palestinians keep saying that Israel stole their land? Well? 

You're talking about something from 70yrs ago, period.

70 yrs ago Pakistan and Israel came into existence in the exact same way.

Muslims love and support Pakistan. Pakistan committed two genocides in the millions. 

Muslims hate and besiege Israel. Israel committed zero genocides. 95% of the people killed by the Israelis were soldiers from other countries who were attacking Israel. 

By whose standard is Israel evil and Pakistan good? By whose standard is Israel illegitimate and Pakistan solid? 

Do you understand that, just like in Pakistan, a lot of the Israelis lived there before the mandate? 

Do you understand that, just like the Palestinians, a lot of the Israelis were driven out of their homes in other ME countries before the mandate? FYI in the early 1940s, when Arab nations started siding with Hitler, the Jews started to face enormous persecution and fled their homes. Why do those Arab nations get to say that the people who fled their own Nazi-supporting intolerance shouldn't be allowed to go to Palestine? (and what's now part of Israel) Can they really say "Get the hell out of here... but don't go there either!" 

The Israelis would literally have to kill everyone in Gaza TWICE to be at the same utterly abominable level as Pakistan.

Where are the Iranian-funded terrorist attacks against Pakistan? Where is the Arab world's steadfast denial of Pakistan's right to exist as a nation?

Your opinion seems to be founded on islamic propaganda, which excludes every morsel of inconvenient evidence imaginable. 

If this was reversed, and half of a country called Israel was given to the Palestinians in 1948, and the Palestinians killed all of the Israelis, I can promise you that Iran would be friends with them. I know that because of what happened in Pakistan, and how the Arab world views them. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:
14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There are rules to war and if you really served in the armed forced you'd know that.

I'm not speaking about all those other conflicts because there are too many and I'm not up to date on all of them. 

You know that I'm accurately portraying the attacks by Hamas.

You know that I'm accurately portraying the attitudes of the Hamas/Pakistan supporters.

You know that I'm accurately portraying the attitudes of the Israeli supporters.

What's bigoted about that? Does the truth hurt your feelings? Maybe focus on the actual truth and not just what you want to believe. 

The only ones, in this instance, that declared war is Israel.

I responded to you answer when I asked "Are you attempting to rate the conflicts going on in the world this year?? One is worse than the other? " You said Yes.

I gave you a list if conflicts this year where civilians were dying .

So, based on that, I call you bigoted.

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

Obviously you have no idea what this land is all about.

The history is complex and I am not sure if you are seriously interested in facts.

This article is about the history of Palestine. For the subject with a Jewish focus, see History of the Jews and Judaism in the Land of Israel. For the modern states in the area, see History of Israel (1948–present) and History of the State of Palestine.
40px-Edit-clear.svg.png
This article may be too long to read and navigate comfortably. Its current readable prose size is 131 kilobytes. Please consider splitting content into sub-articles, condensing it, or adding subheadings. Please discuss this issue on the article's talk page. (February 2023)
103px-Heinrich_Kiepert_1841_map_of_Pales
180px-Modern_Palestine%2C_Illustrated_at
195px-Palestine_with_the_Hauran_and_the_
Maps of Ottoman Palestine showing the Kaza subdivisions.
Part of a series on the
History of Palestine
150px-Jerusalem-2013%282%29-Temple_Mount-Dome_of_the_Rock_%28SE_exposure%29.jpg
show
show
Ancient history
show
Classical period
show
Modern era
flag Palestine portal

Strategically situated between three continents, the region of Palestine (also known as the Land of Israel and the Holy Land) has a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. Palestine is the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, and has been controlled by many kingdoms and powers, including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Israel and Judah, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great and his successors, the Hasmoneans, the Roman Empire, several Muslim caliphates, and the crusaders. In modern times, the area was ruled by the Ottoman Empire, then the British Empire and since 1948 it has been divided into Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.

unquote

History of Palestine - Wikipedia

This is just the beginning of this Wikipedia article on the history of the area.  If you want to learn about it, it will require some effort and time.

I am not interested in getting into slinging match with you with unintelligent comments.

But if you want to discuss it rationally, that might be possible.

There is a lot more to this on Wikipedia which I quoted the beginning of.

Show pictures all you want to, but the fact still remains that, and you still will not admit it, that the land that Israel sits on today is stolen Palestinian land. Anything shown or talked about on Wikipedia cannot be noted as always factual but should always be fact checked first. 

I am being rational. It is your bias and prejudice against the Palestinian people that is the problem. Why you give a crap about what goes on in this feud is beyond me. What goes on in England does not matter to me because I do not live there, and believe me when I say that there is lots to discuss about as to what goes on in England. 

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

Israel has long resisted displaying the gross images for the right reasons.  Israel did not see it as the right way to garner international support.  It becomes a mud-slinging match and Israel believes it is disrespectful to human life.  But if you want some confirmation that images exist, you can read this report:

The images from the October 7 massacre in southern Israel are extraordinarily difficult to behold. Charred bodies, babies riddled with bullet holes, elderly women shot in the head. The depths of Hamas’s depravity are impossible to comprehend.

And yet, after reporters who visited one of the kibbutzim targeted by the genocidal terrorist group last weekend reported that dozens of children had been brutally murdered, the response from some wasn’t horror and revulsion, but rather mockery and incredulity.

This was particularly apparent on X (formerly known as Twitter), a cesspool inhabited by some of the absolute worst of humanity, where some users poked fun at the reporters and openly questioned the veracity of their reports.

In response, Israel violated a longstanding practice.

For years, successive Israeli governments have resisted displaying the mangled bodies, the severed limbs, or the pools of blood produced by Palestinian acts of terror. They did so out of a belief in the Jewish principle of kavod hamet – the dignity of the dead – as well as a refusal to stoop to the level of anti-Israel propagandists, who perversely parade the bodies of dead Palestinians in an effort to garner international support.    unquote

Graphic images of Israeli terror victims confirmed an awful truth - editorial (msn.com)

Sure Israel is hiding those pictures. If you believe that bullshit, than you are dumber than i really thought. If those videos or pictures were there, Israel would have produce them already. No one would not want to show pictures like a bunch of babies with their heads cut off, even if it did look gross. Just mu opinion which you do not like to hear. Too fkn bad. ?

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Owning individual lots within Israel has little or nothing to do with statehood.  That does not determine whether it is the State of Israel.  It was recognized as the state of Israel by the League of Nations, the U.N. and most of the world in 1948.

That's taxme that you're quoting there, not me. 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

the land that Israel sits on today is stolen Palestinian land.

That is false.  I gave you the detailed history the land, but you refuse to even look at it.

That land has been controlled by many different groups over the centuries.   The point is owning a lot by an individual does not determine statehood.   I explained the land became the State of Israel in 1948 and was recognized by the world as the State of Israel.  Every sovereign country has the right to determine its laws and the administration of land ownership.  That is the same in Canada and everywhere else.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's taxme that you're quoting there, not me. 

Yes, sorry. I deleted it and reposted to taxme.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

Show pictures all you want to, but the fact still remains that, and you still will not admit it, that the land that Israel sits on today is stolen Palestinian land. Anything shown or talked about on Wikipedia cannot be noted as always factual but should always be fact checked first. 

I am being rational. It is your bias and prejudice against the Palestinian people that is the problem. Why you give a crap about what goes on in this feud is beyond me. What goes on in England does not matter to me because I do not live there, and believe me when I say that there is lots to discuss about as to what goes on in England. 

You are just parroting the Palestinian anti-Israel line.  It has no meaning.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Is it weird that Israel declared war after being attacked to that extent? 

Really, answer that...

I responded to you answer when I asked "Are you attempting to rate the conflicts going on in the world this year?? One is worse than the other? " You said Yes.

Civilians die in every conflict, it's inevitable.

When I talk about Hamas's actions I'm not talking about "a conflict". There was no "conflict". I'm talking about a surprise attack by Hamas that was entirely aimed at civilians

In those other conflicts that you're talking about, did any of them fire 3,000 rockets at civilian populations ina surprise attack? 

Hamas is now using Israeli civilians, even children, as meat shields for their soldiers now. 

They are entirely vile, and your defence of them doesn't surprise me in the least. 

The best recent comp for the Hamas attack on Israel was the Rwanda genocide. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Really, answer that...

When I talk about Hamas's actions I'm not talking about "a conflict". There was no "conflict". I'm talking about a surprise attack by Hamas that was entirely aimed at civilians

In those other conflicts that you're talking about, did any of them fire 3,000 rockets at civilian populations ina surprise attack? 

Hamas is now using Israeli civilians, even children, as meat shields for their soldiers now. 

They are entirely vile, and your defence of them doesn't surprise me in the least. 

Just point out that Israel is the ones declaring war...for whatever reason.

Using civilian and and children as shields is a well worn out conflict and war tactic from eons ago.

Again, only responding to your "assumptions" and comments.

Again, to reiterate, I am not choosing sides and will not say one side is better or worse or more or less to blame for what is going on. Trying to convince me by repeated posts otherwise is fruitless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

that the land that Israel sits on today is stolen Palestinian land.

So you claim it is but that would be disputed by Israel.

On the basis of that claim, do you support Hamas and the murder of 1,200 innocent men, women, children and babies?  This seems like a no-brainer.  But your anti-Israel stance is completely wrong.  

The fact is Israel has a right to the land and is recognized as a state by most of the world, including Canada.  

You are making a foolish argument at a time when Israel is being attacked by terrorists and has a right to defend itself.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Are you attempting to rate the conflicts going on in the world this year?? One is worse than the other?  Hamas was the worst?

Russia/Ukraine?

Rohingya conflict.

Myanmar civil war (2021–present)

Africa comes second in the number of armed conflicts per region with more than 35 non-international armed conflicts (NIACs) taking place in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic (CAR), the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan.

Asia is the theatre of 19 non-international armed conflicts (NIACs) involving 19 armed groups. These are happening in Afghanistan, India, Myanmar, Pakistan and The Philippines.

Four out of seven conflicts: Russia is currently occupying Crimea (Ukraine), Transdniestria (Moldova), as well as South Ossetia and Abkhazia (Georgia), while Armenia is occupying parts of Nagorno Karabakh

It's always been all about Israel. The rest of the world can step aside while we have to hear about the woes of Israel ad nauseam. It's funny that we do not hear all that much about the Ukranian/Russian feud these days. Now, I hardly hear a thing about their feud going on in the news media these days. I guess that is good for BiDumb and his corrupt kid now. 

Aw well. ?

33 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Just point out that Israel is the ones declaring war...for whatever reason.

Gawd you're a slimy little bugger.

Using civilian and and children as shields is a well worn out conflict and war tactic from eons ago.

"War tactic"? In what wars?

You're one sick POS. I don't know what sick bastards you're talking about. 

Again, only responding to your "assumptions" and comments.

Again, to reiterate, I am not choosing sides and will not say one side is better or worse or more or less to blame for what is going on. Trying to convince me by repeated posts otherwise is fruitless.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm setting the record straight.

You just keep on believin' whatever it is that you believe. 

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I'd say an invasion of Israel is a declaration of war...no need for a formal declaration...I also don't think there has been a peace agreement signed , there might still be technically still at war from the last conflict back in the day....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You're talking about something from 70yrs ago, period.

70 yrs ago Pakistan and Israel came into existence in the exact same way.

Muslims love and support Pakistan. Pakistan committed two genocides in the millions. 

Muslims hate and besiege Israel. Israel committed zero genocides. 95% of the people killed by the Israelis were soldiers from other countries who were attacking Israel. 

By whose standard is Israel evil and Pakistan good? By whose standard is Israel illegitimate and Pakistan solid? 

Do you understand that, just like in Pakistan, a lot of the Israelis lived there before the mandate? 

Do you understand that, just like the Palestinians, a lot of the Israelis were driven out of their homes in other ME countries before the mandate? FYI in the early 1940s, when Arab nations started siding with Hitler, the Jews started to face enormous persecution and fled their homes. Why do those Arab nations get to say that the people who fled their own Nazi-supporting intolerance shouldn't be allowed to go to Palestine? (and what's now part of Israel) Can they really say "Get the hell out of here... but don't go there either!" 

The Israelis would literally have to kill everyone in Gaza TWICE to be at the same utterly abominable level as Pakistan.

Where are the Iranian-funded terrorist attacks against Pakistan? Where is the Arab world's steadfast denial of Pakistan's right to exist as a nation?

Your opinion seems to be founded on islamic propaganda, which excludes every morsel of inconvenient evidence imaginable. 

If this was reversed, and half of a country called Israel was given to the Palestinians in 1948, and the Palestinians killed all of the Israelis, I can promise you that Iran would be friends with them. I know that because of what happened in Pakistan, and how the Arab world views them. 

I just cannot understand as to why many Canadians and people of other countries give a dam about this feud between Israel and the Arab world. I have heard enough already. Everywhere in the world there is some kind of a conflict going on. What makes Israel the talk of the town? I could careless about what is going on in the Middle East. ?

Just now, Army Guy said:

I'd say an invasion of Israel is a declaration of war...no need for a formal declaration...I also don't think there has been a peace agreement signed , there might still be technically still at war from the last conflict back in the day....

Did the Japanese ever officially say words to the effect of "We declare war on the US" or was that just assumed when they attacked Pearl Harbour? 

ExFlyer wants to know who started the war in the pacific ?

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I just cannot understand as to why many Canadians and people of other countries give a dam about this feud between Israel and the Arab world. I have heard enough already. Everywhere in the world there is some kind of a conflict going on. What makes Israel the talk of the town? I could careless about what is going on in the Middle East. ?

Because it puts the entire muslim world in an uproar, as well as most of the western world. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, taxme said:

100 million posts , 10,000 topics, on this forum, and for a guy that is tired of hearing about Israel here you are posting about it...so which one is it, tired, or looking for attention...

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Really, answer that...

I would bet that if the tables were turned and it was the barbarian Jews that were being bombarded by Hamas, i am pretty sure that they Jews would also use schools and hospitals to hide out in. Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

100 million posts , 10,000 topics, on this forum, and for a guy that is tired of hearing about Israel here you are posting about it...so which one is it, tired, or looking for attention...

I have to keep responding to this feud going on because i keep getting replies to my post which i refuse to ignore. If i am being attacked for my opinions, then i will not sit back and take it. I would like to see this feud come to an end, but i see that things are going to get worse. I have seen pictures of Gaza on MSNBC where dozens of buildings are lying flat on the ground from the bombings that Israel has done. Blocks of buildings turned into rubble. I do not see that in Israel.  

Well, it looks to me like your side is always looking for attention also. So, what's your point? 

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

I would bet that if the tables were turned and it was the barbarian Jews that were being bombarded by Hamas, i am pretty sure that they Jews would also use schools and hospitals to hide out in. Just saying. 

That's a hell of an assumption. What are you basing that on?

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's a hell of an assumption. What are you basing that on?

It was just an assumption. Do you not think that the Jews would do the same dam thing, as Hamas supposedly are doing, by hiding out in schools and hospitals? Get it yet?  

10 minutes ago, taxme said:

I have to keep responding to this feud going on because i keep getting replies to my post which i refuse to ignore. If i am being attacked for my opinions, then i will not sit back and take it. I would like to see this feud come to an end, but i see that things are going to get worse. I have seen pictures of Gaza on MSNBC where dozens of buildings are lying flat on the ground from the bombings that Israel has done. Blocks of buildings turned into rubble. I do not see that in Israel.  

Well, it looks to me like your side is always looking for attention also. So, what's your point? 

No all we seen was bodies strewn across the ground as they were murdered as they stood, babies beheaded, old women shot execution style...women raped, then killed their naked bodies dragged in the street as if they were trophies... ya nice guys your hero's... Reality is Gaza will be flattened, vast chunks of it already are, once the ground campaign gets going it is going to get much worse, there won't be anything standing , they will flush your baby killers out and put an end to their suffering...

My side is not backed by a terrorist organization...my side does not beheads babies, shot old women and children in front of their families...your side is full of sick bastards who fight only to kill Israelis nothing more...

My side is defending their right to exist...and now they are using that right to push Hamas into a corner where they can be exterminated...

We all have to live with our choices, including you, supporting terrorist seems to be you bag...it's fine, just don't be surprised when your called out for it...