POILIEVRE'S GREATEST HITS

betsy

28 minutes ago, RedDog said:

But you orally suck down the extorted money. Leaches.

BC has carried you for many years, and still is a home for your elderly and whenever times are tough.  "tis you who sucks sparky.

Albertains always overinflates Alberta's value, and the more spineless haven't got the decency to even acknowledge what others have done for them over the years. Until very recently BC was the ONLY province in canada who had more people immigrating from albera than emigrating to it. We spend our medical budget taking care of all your retirees, and we took in massive numbers of your people in the 80's and 90's while you were getting back on your feet.  AND your homeless.

Your chances of survival on your own are zero. You're all excited during a boom but we all know a bust is inevitable and then once again like a crying baby you'll need your diapers changed. BC stands on it's own regardless.

Now -ya done being an ingorant blowhard or did you want to continue to look stupid? I bet you're the kind of dimwit that thinks alberta can 'opt out of equalization' or that albertans as individuals or as a province pay more to equalization than people or other provinces .

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 5:05 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

The paternity of Canadian leaders is something which came to a head with JT, leading to an extremely protracted and tedious discussion. Thus I hesitate to ask the following question: is Poilievre’s biological father known or not? It’s a very minor matter that, obviously, doesn’t reflect on him either way. However, I don’t see why he didn’t clear it up a long time ago one way or the other. 

What's the point of this? Looking for mud to sling?

On 9/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, CdnFox said:

BC has carried you for many years, and still is a home for your elderly and whenever times are tough.  "tis you who sucks sparky.

Albertains always overinflates Alberta's value, and the more spineless haven't got the decency to even acknowledge what others have done for them over the years. Until very recently BC was the ONLY province in canada who had more people immigrating from albera than emigrating to it. We spend our medical budget taking care of all your retirees, and we took in massive numbers of your people in the 80's and 90's while you were getting back on your feet.  AND your homeless.

Your chances of survival on your own are zero. You're all excited during a boom but we all know a bust is inevitable and then once again like a crying baby you'll need your diapers changed. BC stands on it's own regardless.

Now -ya done being an ingorant blowhard or did you want to continue to look stupid? I bet you're the kind of dimwit that thinks alberta can 'opt out of equalization' or that albertans as individuals or as a province pay more to equalization than people or other provinces .

BC...Albert's playground and apparently...Alberta's retirement home.

I don't know...and I doubt anyone does...if Alberta could go it alone successfully. I do know that the federal government has been that province's biggest opposition to their prosperity for what seems like forever and they have every right to be pissed right off with the feds.

She was the biggest surprise in the leadership race.

Anaida Poilievre, doing her part, reaching out to the Latino community:

I think, when election time comes - she'll be doing the rounds - reaching out to minority groups in the GTA,  British Columbia  and Quebec.

Edited by betsy
  • Haha 1

Glad to see CdnFox take a bite out of RedDog. Both my parents came from Alberta and in the early 1970s we'd visit our "farmer" cousins there. Plenty of kids were in our school when their parents & grandparents moved to BC to work at anything but coal mining or farming.
Since the oil boom we've heard nothing but whining and snivelling and Ottawa bashing out of the province's lunatic fringe. Even if half the federal cabinet and the PM were Albertans, the gripes continued. I must say the one thing I admired about Trudeau Sr. was how he could p!ss off Alberta and Quebec at the same time.

As for the Alberta separatist fools, what would you base your country on?
No distinct language.
No distinct religion.
No distinct culture.
No distinct geography.
Just for money grubbing reasons? And the misconception it's easier to make trade deals and build pipelines with what would now be foreign countries?

You got the best economy in the country, no sales tax, low income tax, people pouring in to live there, the feds built and paid for a new oil pipeline, there's new gas lines you can connect to and you're still whining that it isn't enough? Yeah dream of your own country founded on selfishness and greed.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

BC...Albert's playground and apparently...Alberta's retirement home.

I don't know...and I doubt anyone does...if Alberta could go it alone successfully. I do know that the federal government has been that province's biggest opposition to their prosperity for what seems like forever and they have every right to be pissed right off with the feds.

I do,  I ran all the numbers many years ago with a particularly bright fellow and no, they can't.  Frankly - with the possible exception of ontario no one province in canada can.  At least not if you define 'make it' as maintain the same quality of life trajectory that canada has which is also diminishing.  Short version - not enough people and not diverse enough economy, and while that was some years ago it's not changed enough.  And being landlocked hampers them

BC Alberta and Sask could pull it off. Add in manitoba (which you might htink would actually make it weaker) and it's even stronger.

But there's no doubt that the reason the western provinces are weaker than they should be today is very specific and deliberate federal policy

• Like 1

The paternity of Canadian leaders is something which came to a head with JT, leading to an extremely protracted and tedious discussion. Thus I hesitate to ask the following question: is Poilievre’s biological father known or not? It’s a very minor matter that, obviously, doesn’t reflect on him either way. However, I don’t see why he didn’t clear it up a long time ago one way or the other. 

And who is Trudeau's father?

• 3 weeks later...

is Poilievre’s biological father known or not? 

Like by name? If so, why would it matter?

I think it would suffice to know whether he has any knowledge of him or not. Beyond that, I feel it would be irrelevant.

I mean, this wouldn't really be an opportunity to dig dirt on the guy.

I mean, he was raised well, so even if his father was a degerate or something of the sort, it would hold no weight on Poilievre.

Heck, it would even give him victimhood points, allowing him to pull from liberal voters who are woke.

His wife already allows him to do so, with her story.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Like by name? If so, why would it matter?

I think it would suffice to know whether he has any knowledge of him or not. Beyond that, I feel it would be irrelevant.

I mean, this wouldn't really be an opportunity to dig dirt on the guy.

I mean, he was raised well, so even if his father was a degerate or something of the sort, it would hold no weight on Poilievre.

Heck, it would even give him victimhood points, allowing him to pull from liberal voters who are woke.

His wife already allows him to do so, with her story.

It matters because all things matter in politics. For better or worse, style is content and people want to know these details. In no way would it be an opportunity to blame the guy. On the contrary, I think it would humanize him. Looking at Poilievre’s excellent black hair, dark eyes and skin that’s ageing well, I would be surprised if the father was of British or Irish origin. It could be a story that reflects modern Canada. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On 9/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, herbie said:

ou got the best economy in the country, no sales tax, low income tax, people pouring in to live there, the feds built and paid for a new oil pipeline, there's new gas lines you can connect to and you're still whining that it isn't enough? Yeah dream of your own country founded on selfishness and greed.

Albertans worked for what they have and natural resources belong to the province, not Ottawa or Toronto.

If Ottawa gets its way, Alberta's energy industry will be destroyed in the great transition.

They are not greedy, just trying to protect what is rightfully theirs.

Don't know if it is possible to protect Alberta in this crooked federation.

Edited by blackbird

8 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

It matters because all things matter in politics. For better or worse, style is content and people want to know these details. In no way would it be an opportunity to blame the guy. On the contrary, I think it would humanize him. Looking at Poilievre’s excellent black hair, dark eyes and skin that’s ageing well, I would be surprised if the father was of British or Irish origin. It could be a story that reflects modern Canada. 

He's irish - we know that already.

10 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Regarding the Castro business, impossible because they couldn’t have met at the time

Yes they could have.  Trudeau and Margaret were infatuated with Fidel and took a private holiday to the Caribbean around the time she became pregnant.  Google the articles on it.

Some articles say it is impossible.  But other articles claim the story has never been debunked.

Of Course Fidel Castro is Justin Trudeau’s Dad. Nobody Has ‘Debunked’ Anything | by Karen Leibowitcz | Medium

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes they could have.  Trudeau and Margaret were infatuated with Fidel and took a private holiday to the Caribbean around the time she became pregnant.  They were reportedly swingers.  Read the articles on it.

From what I’ve read in the National Post, the dates don’t match up. Margaret Trudeau was the most scrutinized woman in Canada. Her every moment was monitored by a hungry press. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

6 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

From what I’ve read in the National Post, the dates don’t match up. Margaret Trudeau was the most scrutinized woman in Canada. Her every moment was monitored by a hungry press. 

"

Footnote 19 of the same Wikipedia article cites to a April 13, 1971 article from The Ottawa Journal. The article states that the Trudeaus were visiting an unidentified island in the Caribbean and wanted the press to give them privacy:

1*EAMGjDNDDVAVxzw0mVmQ3Q.png

To be clear: they disclosed all the other locations they visited but asked the press for privacy when they went to the “unidentified” island. Come on.

Justin Trudeau was born 8 1/2 months later. In 1976, Pierre eagerly became the first NATO leader to travel to Cuba. He brought his wife. Before even leaving the tarmac, both Trudeaus were showing an unusual amount of familiarity with Fidel considering he was a national leader they just allegedly met. Within hours of their first official meeting, Margaret was photographed intimately touching and holding Fidel Castro with both arms. The Trudeaus announced they had become besties with the dictator and sang his praises during the height of his human rights violations."

Of Course Fidel Castro is Justin Trudeau’s Dad. Nobody Has ‘Debunked’ Anything | by Karen Leibowitcz | Medium

33 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Albertans worked for what they have and natural resources belong to the province, not Ottawa or Toronto.

If Ottawa gets its way, Alberta's energy industry will be destroyed in the great transition.

They are not greedy, just trying to protect what is rightfully theirs.

Don't know if it is possible to protect Alberta in this crooked federation.

Well, fact is Alberta's natural resources and not owned by Alberta

Report shows 70 percent of Canadian oilsands production is owned by foreign companies and shareholders

https://www.straight.com/finance/report-shows-70-percent-of-canadian-oilsands-production-is-owned-by-foreign-companies-and