POILIEVRE'S GREATEST HITS

betsy

This is a better video than the previous one.

The expression on the reporter's face is priceless.  I like the "gulp."  timer 1:56

She's another dull one!

Hahahaha - Poilievre's PUBLICLY identifying for whom reporters are working for!  

This one - Canadian Press.

Hahahahaha

Lol - it's risky to be a reporter challenging Poilievre!

• Like 1

Poilievre introduces himself to Biden as the "leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition". Biden, after momentary confusion asks, "Loyal Opposition?" to which Poilievre responds,

"We believe that opposition is an act of loyalty in our system."

Biden laughs while grabbing Poilievre's arm and remarks, "We do too, unfortunately" before moving on to meet the next person.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/loyal-opposition-video-of-us-president-joe-biden-meeting-conservative-leader-pierre-poilievre-goes-viral-201327602.html

[MEDIA=youtube]JrkN9f7hGKQ[/MEDIA]

Biden says................................... it's unfortunate to be loyal to democracy.

Poilievre's got him confused! ?

Edited by betsy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

The greatest hit of Poilievre is when he gave his support to Netanyahu to bomb Gaza, he hits the Palestinians very hard, him or Trudeau are criminals that can't be considered as prime minister, their crimes committed in foreign countries are as crimes committed in Canada.

Nah - i mean who cares that a bunch of !diots decided to get themselves blown up and killed out of their own stupidity half a world away? It's minor at best.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:34 AM, Gaétan said:

The greatest hit of Poilievre is when he gave his support to Netanyahu to bomb Gaza, he hits the Palestinians very hard, him or Trudeau are criminals that can't be considered as prime minister, their crimes committed in foreign countries are as crimes committed in Canada.

Interesting that there are world wide support rallys and demonstrations for support of Palestine and Palestinians and none that support Israel?

Reporter Tries & FAILS to Bait Pierre Poilievre #canada #trudeau #pierrepoilievre | Watch (msn.com)

My apologies if this one has already been posted. This one is almost identical to PP taking down some small time male reporter who tried to use the old "people say" routine without being able to name which  people are saying what.

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

Reporter Tries & FAILS to Bait Pierre Poilievre #canada #trudeau #pierrepoilievre | Watch (msn.com)

My apologies if this one has already been posted. This one is almost identical to PP taking down some small time male reporter who tried to use the old "people say" routine without being able to name which  people are saying what.

So rather than trying to answer the intent of the quest, just deflect LOL

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So rather than trying to answer the intent of the quest, just deflect LOL

PP responding by simply asking who are the people saying these things is certainly a valid question. Why couldn't this reporter give at least a couple of names? 

Admit it, this reporter got owned.

12 minutes ago, ironstone said:

PP responding by simply asking who are the people saying these things is certainly a valid question. Why couldn't this reporter give at least a couple of names? 

Admit it, this reporter got owned.

Yes but the reporter just used a figure of speech used by everyone.

PP deflected....didn't answer, although he knew full well what he was being asked.....period

I have been spending the last few weeks deciding how I will vote in the next federal election. I have been seriously considering voting for the CPC and Pierre Poilievre so I've been doing some research into the leader.

Mr. Poilievre is clearly a gifted campaigner. In every federal election, he has carried his riding with a majority. That is quite a feat. Were he not in politics, he would no doubt be a successful stand-up comedian. President Carter was also an impressive campaigner but a less than impressive President. Campaigning is very different from governing. 

In considering Mr. Poilievre, I base my decision on his own words and actions.

Pierre Poilievre was President of the Progressive Conservative club on Campus at the University of Calgary. I was Vice- President of the Progressive Conservative Student Federation at U-Vic so I can relate to that experience. My feeling is that Pierre never matured beyond campus politics. He has been laser focused on his ambition to be Prime Minister. 

My first reservation is that he has a difficult relationship with the truth. His recent attack on the Ukraine free trade agreement as an example.

More damaging in my eyes is his persistant lack of judgement. In his youth, he backed Stockwell Day, a man who claimed the world was only 6000 years old and demonstrated through his actions that he was not very bright. Yet, Pierre thought he was worth supporting. Okay, that was a youthful error in judgement.

However, as an adult, an MP in the CPC caucus, at the very time his leader, Prime Minister Harper, was delivering an apology for the First Nations residential scool system, Pierre was speaking out on radio undercutting the Prime Minister, and had to apologize the next day for "remarks that were hurtful and wrong." (Hansard).

When he was a cabinet minister, he violated Campaign Finance Law by wearing a CPC logo when announcing a child benifit program and saying the the benifit was from the "Conservative" government. 

He has made several bonehead promises about supporting bitcoin and politically interferring in the Bank of Canada, even firing the Governor. He is advocating converting 37000 government office buildings into residential housing with no thought about the cost of the renovations or where he will find the trades people.

His promises contradict each other.

On the one hand, he speaks of cutting "red tape", yet on the other hand he talks about accountability. Cutting red tape is fertalizer for the growth of corruption and fraud. Regulations exist to protect the consumer and the taxpayer.

He indicates he would lower inflation, but at the same time he says he would lower interest rates. That is contradiction.

He talks about cutting spending, yet so many of his promises will cost even more money. 

While I acknowledge his skill as a campaigner, his animosity towards the people he needs to report favourably, the media, seems to me to be counter intuitive. Politics is the art of accumulating support. Picking fights is the opposite.

Of course, Pierre is on the cusp of being appointed Prime Minister and I am not. But I have to decide if he will get there on my vote. My ballot is very precious to me and I refuse to spend it frivolously. Hopefully, I will have another 22 months to decide. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
spelling
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

My first reservation is that he has a difficult relationship with the truth. His recent attack on the Ukraine free trade agreement as an example.

Just a small point...

“I really think it speaks to how pathologically obsessed Trudeau is with the carbon tax, that while the knife is at the throat of Ukrainians, he would use that to impose his carbon tax ideology on those poor people,” said Poilievre before his caucus meeting on Wednesday.

“The last thing they need is a carbon tax when they’re trying to rebuild from war and from this illegal invasion by Russia,” he added.

Bruce Christie, assistant deputy minister for trade negotiations at Global Affairs Canada, told a parliamentary committee meeting on Nov. 7 that such pledges are “not binding provisions; they are co-operation provisions”.

Other recent trade deals with the U.S., the European Union, the Trans Pacific Partnership have not mentioned carbon taxes.

Poilievre said that Conservatives would remove any reference to the carbon tax in the Canada-Ukraine free trade deal if his party took office, and would instead focus on providing Canadian energy and munitions to Ukraine so that it can defend itself against Russia’s invasion.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/poilievre-accuses-liberals-of-using-trade-deal-to-push-carbon-tax-ideology-on-war-torn-ukraine

1 hour ago, Legato said:

Just a small point...

“I really think it speaks to how pathologically obsessed Trudeau is with the carbon tax, that while the knife is at the throat of Ukrainians, he would use that to impose his carbon tax ideology on those poor people,” said Poilievre before his caucus meeting on Wednesday.

“The last thing they need is a carbon tax when they’re trying to rebuild from war and from this illegal invasion by Russia,” he added.

Bruce Christie, assistant deputy minister for trade negotiations at Global Affairs Canada, told a parliamentary committee meeting on Nov. 7 that such pledges are “not binding provisions; they are co-operation provisions”.

Other recent trade deals with the U.S., the European Union, the Trans Pacific Partnership have not mentioned carbon taxes.

Poilievre said that Conservatives would remove any reference to the carbon tax in the Canada-Ukraine free trade deal if his party took office, and would instead focus on providing Canadian energy and munitions to Ukraine so that it can defend itself against Russia’s invasion.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/poilievre-accuses-liberals-of-using-trade-deal-to-push-carbon-tax-ideology-on-war-torn-ukraine

I read Bill C-57 regarding the free trade agreement with Ukraine (and tears came to my eyes from boring reading).

There is no mention of carbon tax in the document.

"Poilievre said that Conservatives would remove any reference to the carbon tax in the Canada-Ukraine free trade"  would be an easy task as there is nothing to do. LOL

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/44-1/bill/C-57/first-reading

Now, Bill C-57 is much more than just the free trade agreement and it seems PP may be mixing up his comments?

"Bill C-57, An Act to amend the Federal Sustainable Development Act, was introduced in the House of Commons on 19 June 2017 by the Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change. It amends the Federal Sustainable Development Act to broaden its scope, to make the process for developing the federal sustainable development strategy more transparent, and to increase accountability to Parliament. The bill also removes the requirement for performance-based contracts with the Government of Canada to include provisions for meeting the applicable targets contained in the federal sustainable development strategy and departmental sustainable development strategies”

https://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/9.853849/publication.html

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Legato said:

The Ukraine already has a carbon tax. It is a requirement for entry into the EU. That is part of the public record. Mr. Poilievre should know that already. By attacking the Ukrainian free trade deal on this sperious point, he is being dishonest. He is placing his own political ambition above the needs of both Canadians and Ukrainians.

1 hour ago, Legato said:

There again, he is saying that Canada is not already suppling munitions to Ukraine to the best of our ability. That is untrue. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The Ukraine already has a carbon tax. It is a requirement for entry into the EU. That is part of the public record. Mr. Poilievre should know that already. By attacking the Ukrainian free trade deal on this sperious point, he is being dishonest. He is placing his own political ambition above the needs of both Canadians and Ukrainians.

There again, he is saying that Canada is not already suppling munitions to Ukraine to the best of our ability. That is untrue. 

Where does he say Canada is not supplying munitions. He said he will focus on it. Not the same thing.

It's not a spurious point but a major issue that Trudeau's incapable of seeing. It's not dishonest to show Trudeau's obsession with a carbon tax.

The Canadian government is already focused on helping Ukraine. We have provides arms and ammunition and money to buy more munitions that we cannot provide. Mr. Poilievre is inferring he will be able to do more, but short of tranferring the rest of the Canadian Forces equipment, I'm not sure what else he can do? I don't think he does either. 

But the point is, Mr. Poilievre is saying Canada is forcing a gas tax on the Ukraine. That is not true. Ergo, it is a lie. Going back over his past statements, there is a pattern of dishonesty. He is more interested in saying anything to get a vote than using his talant to improve the country. He bangs on about the gas tax, yet he knows that raising the tax would be more effective in giving consumers the incentive to reduce wasting fossil fuels. I will give him credit for promising to build nuclear power plants, but can I trust him to follow through?

I have not made up my mind as to how I am going to vote, but Mr. Poilievre is going to have to convince me he has matured and will put the country ahead of his own ambition. He has a lot to prove.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Legato said:

It's not a spurious point but a major issue that Trudeau's incapable of seeing. It's not dishonest to show Trudeau's obsession with a carbon tax.

Why is a carbon tax worse than a tax on tobacco or alcohol? Burning fossil fuels, smoking tobacco and drinking beverage alcohol are all bad for you. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Legato said:

Where does he say Canada is not supplying munitions. He said he will focus on it. Not the same thing.

Where does it or he or anyone say anything about Canada demanding carbon tax in the free trade agreement??

I think you are making stuff up or insinuating that there is carbon tax riders in the agreement.

25 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why is a carbon tax worse than a tax on tobacco or alcohol? Burning fossil fuels, smoking tobacco and drinking beverage alcohol are all bad for you. 

Simple. The carbon tax inflates the cost of everyday needed items, but you already know that and are just being obtuse and trying to confuse the issue

That is Poilievre's point.

• Thanks 1

But it makes the consumer aware of the problem. That should lead people to look at alternative sources of energy such as uranium and, in the future, thorium. The problem is that we have a population unaware of the consequences of global warming.

As the crisis really begins to materialize, probably within the next couple of centuries, we will be unable to stop it. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Mr. Poilievre should know that already. By attacking the Ukrainian free trade deal on this sperious point, he is being dishonest. He is placing his own political ambition above the needs of both Canadians and Ukrainians.

PP is quite simply serving up a meal of red meat to that hard-right stupid portion of his base of support that is vehemently anti-action regarding climate change and who, of course, also support Putin and Russia.

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Interesting that there are world wide support rallys and demonstrations for support of Palestine and Palestinians and none that support Israel?

Not interesting in teh slightest.  Palestinians and supporters show up in public, nothing happens. If israelis do - they'lll be targeted and attacked

No muslim schools being shot up like the israeli ones is there.

• Like 1