POILIEVRE'S GREATEST HITS

betsy

Poilievre's got  his own style.  After so many years in politics - he still managed to maintain his sense of humor.

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre tried to belt out a Frank Sinatra classic while questioning Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on an upcoming trip.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Conservatives lead by 15 as federal government disapproval jumps 4 points

September 14, 2023

https://abacusdata.ca/conservatives-lead-by-15-as-government-disapproval-jumps-4-points/

Yeah  - i just posted that as a topic actually. We'll see if the recent announcements change their fortunes at all but i doubt it.

At some point the CPC has to peak and go up and down a little but honestly i think PP has done a solid job of laying the base.

The paternity of Canadian leaders is something which came to a head with JT, leading to an extremely protracted and tedious discussion. Thus I hesitate to ask the following question: is Poilievre’s biological father known or not? It’s a very minor matter that, obviously, doesn’t reflect on him either way. However, I don’t see why he didn’t clear it up a long time ago one way or the other. 

54 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The paternity of Canadian leaders is something which came to a head with JT, leading to an extremely protracted and tedious discussion. Thus I hesitate to ask the following question: is Poilievre’s biological father known or not? It’s a very minor matter that, obviously, doesn’t reflect on him either way. However, I don’t see why he didn’t clear it up a long time ago one way or the other. 

Augusto Pinochet.  Fact.  Prove me wrong.  Explains his love for Latino ladies. 

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Poilievre was born on June 3, 1979,[5] in Calgary, Alberta to a 16-year-old mother, who was of Irish Canadian descent on her father's side.[4][6] Poilievre was adopted by schoolteachers Marlene and Donald Poilievre, who is French Canadian,[7] shortly after being born.[4][8] Poilievre was raised in a modest household in suburban Calgary.

Doesn't look like the dad was ever in the picture. Single mom, 16 years old, gave him up for adoption. I doubt there'd be anything other than maybe a name on file and maybe not even that.

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Augusto Pinochet.  Fact.  Prove me wrong.  Explains his love for Latino ladies. 

I mean.... it IS a haunting coincidence.....

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Does his younger brother have the same father? Is his mother still alive? I saw the picture of him meeting his maternal grandfather before he died. It’s of no great concern either way but one is naturally curious about the man who will probably be the next PM. 

Understandable but i think that would be stepping a little bit into the whole 'don't mess with politicians families over much' realm as far as the media is concerned and its not widely reported. I was surprised to see they posted his mother's age at his birth.

4 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Do you mean:

-does he get victim status, or

-is he a bastard?

3 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

No. What I mean is that the best way to end speculation is to provide all information available. We’ve long moved beyond blaming people for their parentage. 

The best way to end speculation is to just focus on things that are relevant :) 

He was adopted since birth so his parents will have framed who he is as a person. I hope you're not going down some sort of anti-adoption route here, his adopted father is his father and that should be good enough for eveyrone.   And you're starting to sound like you have NOT moved on from questioning people's parentage at all.