Proud Boy Enrique Tarrio Gets 22 Years

A Trump-appointed Federal Judge has sentenced Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio to 22 years in Federal prison for his role in the January 6 insurrection. Tarrio was convicted of seditious conspiracy. 

Tarrio’s sentence is the longest so far among more than 1,100 Capitol riot cases, topping the 18-year sentences that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and one-time Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean each received after juries convicted them of seditious conspiracy and other charges.

Tarrio pleaded for leniency, describing Jan. 6 as a “national embarrassment,” and apologizing to the police officers who defended the Capitol and the lawmakers who fled in fear. He vowed that he is done with politics.

“I am not a political zealot. Inflicting harm or changing the results of the election was not my goal,” Tarrio said.

“Please show me mercy,” he said, adding, “I ask you that you not take my 40s from me.”

U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly said Tarrio was motivated by "revolutionary zeal" to lead the conspiracy that resulted in “200 men, amped up for battle, encircling the Capitol.” Noting that Tarrio had not previously shown any public remorse for his crimes, the judge said a stiff punishment was necessary to deter future political violence.

"It can't happen again. It can’t happen again,” the judge repeated.

Prosecutor Conor Mulroe told the judge that the Proud Boys came dangerously close to succeeding in their plot to stop the transfer of presidential power — and noted that “it didn’t take rifles or explosives.”

“There was a very real possibility we were going to wake up on Jan. 7 in a full-blown constitutional crisis,” Mulroe said, with “300 million Americans having no idea who the next president would be or how it would be decided.”

As Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio cheered them on from afar, writing on social media, “Do what must be done.” In a Proud Boys encrypted group chat later that day someone asked what they should do next. Tarrio responded, “Do it again.”

“Make no mistake,” Tarrio wrote in another message. “We did this.”

https://news.yahoo.com/former-proud-boys-leader-enrique-104133358.html

Edited by Rebound

Justice is served. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. 

His scheming cost a lot of other people their freedom as well. He should get the longer sentence.

Now we just have to wait for justice to be served to the creep who told the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by." 

• Thanks 1

I see lots of holes in this story. 

the judge said a stiff punishment was necessary to deter future political violence.

So in other words, he's being given an unduly harsh sentence just to send a warning to others. Appeal time...

and noted that “it didn’t take rifles or explosives.”

What were they gonna do, pussey-whip them with feathers?

As Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio cheered them on from afar, writing on social media,

So was not even there in person. 

What a comedy show. All for the optics, to prevent Trump from becoming the next president.

It's like a horror movie. Gripped with fear, you know he's still coming.

Trump... cannot.... be ... stopped...

Trump.gif.d7f18acbdb07f149e8829b37165678a8.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

the judge said a stiff punishment was necessary to deter future political violence.

So in other words, he's being given an unduly harsh sentence just to send a warning to others. Appeal time...

As Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio cheered them on from afar, writing on social media,

What a comedy show. All for the optics, to prevent Trump from becoming the next president.

Trump.gif.d7f18acbdb07f149e8829b37165678a8.gif

Yes, always a good idea to ignore all the facts, refuse to learn about them, and then make up any nonsense you want.  

The Jan 6 insurrection was not a spontaneous event. It was planned, Tarrio was one of the planners, and on January 7, he told his colleagues that they needed to start planning to do it again.  

Once arrested and even after convicted, he kept trash-talking the judge and the entire proceeding. Only at his sentencing hearing did he finally behave with any sense of contrition for what he did.  Too late.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Hopefully the more rational branch of the Right will not want "that" painting their legacy

Hopefully. They could just also hold their noses and rationalize it all away by painting their legacy to suit afterwards. You know what they say about history books and winners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All that was necessary to make the overthrow plot work was disrupting the EC vote count.

The legal theory being that if it didn't occur on schedule, the process would be thrown back to the states or a contingent election.

Do you even know what that is? 

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Why you believe you know about the case and evidence than the jury and judge who heard the case?

Were you in the Dunning Kruger study? LMAO

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

Not "finally." There are HUNDREDS of convicted felons. 

Please try to keep up. LMAO

These democrat appointed judges are lunatics taking political prisoners. Nothing more nothing less. Need some propaganda to validate their scummy choice for "president"

• Downvote 1

Just now, West said:

These democrat appointed judges are lunatics taking political prisoners. Nothing more nothing less. Need some propaganda to validate their scummy choice for "president"

Too bad as Canadian, your ignorant opinion means NOTHING HERE.

You cannot vote and you're NOT subject to our laws, so take a hike.

1 hour ago, West said:

Why do you get your Canadian bloomers so bunched up your snatch about Americas politics. Don't you have some maple syrup to boil or something 

7 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Why do you get your Canadian bloomers so bunched up your snatch about Americas politics. Don't you have some maple syrup to boil or something 

Because I don't want to live next to a bunch of crazy people who run their country like a banana republic. 

And I'm actually dual citizen

Edited by West

15 hours ago, Rebound said:

A Trump-appointed Federal Judge has sentenced Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio to 22 years in Federal prison for his role in the January 6 insurrection. Tarrio was convicted of seditious conspiracy. 

Tarrio’s sentence is the longest so far among more than 1,100 Capitol riot cases, topping the 18-year sentences that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and one-time Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean each received after juries convicted them of seditious conspiracy and other charges.

Tarrio pleaded for leniency, describing Jan. 6 as a “national embarrassment,” and apologizing to the police officers who defended the Capitol and the lawmakers who fled in fear. He vowed that he is done with politics.

“I am not a political zealot. Inflicting harm or changing the results of the election was not my goal,” Tarrio said.

“Please show me mercy,” he said, adding, “I ask you that you not take my 40s from me.”

U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly said Tarrio was motivated by "revolutionary zeal" to lead the conspiracy that resulted in “200 men, amped up for battle, encircling the Capitol.” Noting that Tarrio had not previously shown any public remorse for his crimes, the judge said a stiff punishment was necessary to deter future political violence.

"It can't happen again. It can’t happen again,” the judge repeated.

Prosecutor Conor Mulroe told the judge that the Proud Boys came dangerously close to succeeding in their plot to stop the transfer of presidential power — and noted that “it didn’t take rifles or explosives.”

“There was a very real possibility we were going to wake up on Jan. 7 in a full-blown constitutional crisis,” Mulroe said, with “300 million Americans having no idea who the next president would be or how it would be decided.”

As Proud Boys swarmed the Capitol, Tarrio cheered them on from afar, writing on social media, “Do what must be done.” In a Proud Boys encrypted group chat later that day someone asked what they should do next. Tarrio responded, “Do it again.”

“Make no mistake,” Tarrio wrote in another message. “We did this.”

https://news.yahoo.com/former-proud-boys-leader-enrique-104133358.html

He'll be pardoned, so kindly f*ck off. ;)

1 hour ago, West said:

Because I don't want to live next to a bunch of crazy people who run their country like a banana republic. 

And I'm actually dual citizen

Why don't you import some of these rightwingdingaling politicians we have into Canada. Then you could cast your vote for them and watch them butcher your healthcare system. Hmmm, probably wouldn't fly in Liberal Canada, Eh?

23 minutes ago, NYLefty said:

Why don't you import some of these rightwingdingaling politicians we have into Canada. Then you could cast your vote for them and watch them butcher your healthcare system. Hmmm, probably wouldn't fly in Liberal Canada, Eh?

This banana republic nonsense shouldn't fly anywhere

8 minutes ago, West said:

This banana republic nonsense shouldn't fly anywhere

Your ignorance about what happened, because you refuse to look at the evidence, does NOT make it "banana republic nonsense." 

A lot of European countries indict and convict their political leaders when they COMMIT CRIMES. ?

The difference between here and "banana republic nonsense" is we hold real trials with REAL EVIDENCE. Duh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Your ignorance about what happened, because you refuse to look at the evidence, does NOT make it "banana republic nonsense." 

A lot of European countries indict and convict their political leaders when they COMMIT CRIMES. ?

The difference between here and "banana republic nonsense" is we hold real trials with REAL EVIDENCE. Duh

The guy wasny even in Washington.. talk about blind hatred. 

22 minutes ago, West said:

Generals are not always ON THE BATTLEFIELD, but that doesn't mean they're not directing the TROOPS.

The only BLIND are those who cannot (or refuse to) see the GENERALS pulling the strings.

They are the MOB BOSSES for which RICO was DESIGNED to CONVICT.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Generals are not always ON THE BATTLEFIELD, but that doesn't mean they're not directing the TROOPS.

The only BLIND are those who cannot (or refuse to) see the GENERALS pulling the strings.

They are the MOB BOSSES for which RICO was DESIGNED to CONVICT.

It's totally irrational this guy was convicted and is just more propaganda bullshit from the leftist crazies

38 minutes ago, West said:

The guy took credit for the insurrection and told his followers to begin planning the next one. Which are reasons why the Trump appointed judge sentenced him to 22 years.

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1