Satanic Clubs making inroads in Children's Schools

As an alternative to Christian clubs, atheist clubs should be increasing in popularity over the coming years.

What are your thoughts ?

I feel like the terms Christian and Satanic have identical roots in mythological books, and the application of their principles and values (whatever they may be) seem to be independent of historical meaning of these terms.  I suppose it's inevitable given the pervasiveness of Christianity in our society but as an emerging front in the culture war, I'm not really enthused about this.

As for Christianity - there were still mandatory prayers in schools only 7 years ago FYI... so... yeah... culture war...

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/3990175-after-school-satan-clubs-gain-popularity-amid-legal-victories/

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

1.  especially parents should have a greater say in which clubs are appropriate for their children and their community.

2.  While After School Satan clubs may be legal and protected, they may not be appropriate for all schools and communities.

3. This is why it's important for parents and schools to have an open and honest conversation about the values and beliefs that are being promoted in their schools, and to determine which clubs align with those values. 

1. So if people don't want an LGBTQ club, the school won't have one ?  That's mob rule, so I don't agree.  Christians will suffer too, in many schools.
2. Based on what ?  Why do you feel this way ?
3. Well the Satan club, to their credit, has more transparent and less circular values than Christian schools that promote inscrutable "Christian values" that vary from person to person

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Good God, they got rid of prayers here in the early/mid 1960s when I was in Elementary school. Where were public schools still imposing that shit 7 years ago.

They'd even stopped singing God Save The Queen at the end of assemblies, just O Canada at the start by the time I was in Senior High.

47 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. My initial statement was not meant to target any specific club or group, including LGBTQ clubs. The main point is that parents and the community should have a say in which clubs are appropriate for their children and community.

2. What may be acceptable in one community may not be in another. I am for community and individual choice when it comes to Satanic Clubs. 

3. Just because one organization may have transparent values does not necessarily make it appropriate or acceptable for a school setting. It's important for schools and communities to carefully consider the messages, have a debate, and invite all sides to make some sort of decision happen.

1. Of course they can give feedback to the powers that be, but we know very well that such things have to necessarily be driven by hard rules, otherwise you end up with these fights.
2. Well fine but there are limits to the veto power of parents, if other parents are pro-Satan.
3. You need to  elucidate a reason why something is or is not appropriate.  Courts have ruled here so even the schools have limited power.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

As an alternative to Christian clubs, atheist clubs should be increasing in popularity over the coming years.

What do you mean by "should be"? Is that your personal opinion? 

What are your thoughts ?

Are the DNC and LPOC clubs not Satanic enough anymore? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

1. I disagree, with this limited power, even if a program is legally allowed, schools and communities should have the autonomy to decide what is appropriate for students.

2. It should not be the role of any outside machine to dictate what programs should or should not be offered in schools, but rather for parents, teachers, and community leaders to come together for a healthy debate on approach. 

1. 2. Well it's an interesting proposition but we saw the results of having local prejudices preserved in the Southern US pre 1964.

Furthermore, I don't see what changing that rule does overall to help restore unity, improve education etc.  But ok.

55 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. First, the LGBTQ question, now 1964, why do you insist to approach conversation like this? While I appreciate your perspective, I strongly think that it's important to prioritize local autonomy and decision-making in the present day.

2. A society can't base current policies and practices solely on the injustices of the past. It's time to move forward, in this new technological age, and trust our local communities, parents, and individual schools with innovative tools to make informed and responsible decisions for their students.

1. Because we have memory?  Because we can learn from the past? Because there's no reason to think that things will be different today?

2. Well 100% agree on engagement with the public, when it comes to denying access to common areas I would never rely on the populists and the mobs to be able to take control and administer affairs on my behalf.  There is no panacea for coming up with the right decision, even monarchy can be better than democracy sometimes, even an autocracy could make a better decision in isolated cases.

34 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. I agree that we can learn from the past, but we also need to recognize that times have changed and our society has evolved. Local communities today are much more diverse and have different needs and priorities.

2. I believe that local communities and schools are in the best position to make informed and responsible decisions for their students, with the
appropriate guidance and support from the government.

1. Evolved or devolved ?  No matter.  Certain facts are facts of the human condition.  People are loyal to 'local' which is a good and bad thing.  Local communities are indeed more diverse but there is also a reactionary element that was not there in the 1960s and 1970s, and a distrust which is cultivated for political purposes.  To me, now is not the time to let down our caution over extremists.

2. Generally I agree.  But the law is the law.

28 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. every time you fail to engage in a conversation, you miss an opportunity to convey a message to a wider audience.  

2. realize you have so much to offer with your knowledge than sitting shielded, this is my opinion which I hope does not offend you, but as the Millwall fans say, I don't really care 

1. As evidence that I do care and I do listen I will submit this to you: your point did not occur to me in the past.  Alas I don't have the energy to talk to the zombies that make up the ignore Army.   So.....how could I do this in a limited way?  Pick a zombie a day? What do you suggest?

2. Offend me? You just complimented me!

• 3 months later...

Is Mankind now ruled by evil?

We worship the $.

We are developing a potential life form...without a soul.

We murder fully formed and conscious babies like common butchers.

We take steps that destroy the poor.

We preach that there are too many people on the planet.

We live in fear and loathing.

I think the truth is now obvious. And like the Luciferians and Illuminati have predicted...as we approach the end, the evil will no longer have to be hidden because...by then it'll already be too late.

My advise. Fight back and keep your soul as clean as possible. Instill truth, respect and honour in your children. Recognize the evil and trust your senses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was in high school in the early 1960's, I wanted to become a warlock and found a coven of witches as a school club. Unfortunately, I ran into an obstacle. No girls wanted to join. If anybody tells you girls are not smarter than boys...?.

I sometimes wonder if many of you were ever kids or at least teenagers. Some of you talk about schools "indoctrinating" children and promoting this or that. Kids hardly ever listen to their parents and they certainly never listen to their teachers. If kids want a Satanic club, they will have one. They won't care what any adults tell them. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

When I was in high school in the early 1960's, I wanted to become a warlock and found a coven of witches as a school club. Unfortunately, I ran into an obstacle. No girls wanted to join. If anybody tells you girls are not smarter than boys...?.

I sometimes wonder if many of you were ever kids or at least teenagers. Some of you talk about schools "indoctrinating" children and promoting this or that. Kids hardly ever listen to their parents and they certainly never listen to their teachers. If kids want a Satanic club, they will have one. They won't care what any adults tell them. 

Oh but they do listen.  It’s just that they may not follow the models and advice until they’re older and life has kicked them to the floor.  Rules and the reasons for them matter, even if everyone breaks them from time to time.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 11:19 AM, Michael Hardner said:

What are your thoughts ?

I feel like the terms Christian and Satanic have identical roots in mythological books, and the application of their principles and values (whatever they may be) seem to be independent of historical meaning of these terms.  I suppose it's inevitable given the pervasiveness of Christianity in our society but as an emerging front in the culture war, I'm not really enthused about this.

As for Christianity - there were still mandatory prayers in schools only 7 years ago FYI... so... yeah... culture war...

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/3990175-after-school-satan-clubs-gain-popularity-amid-legal-victories/

Satan is wiser than any atheist he knows God exists. 

On 9/6/2023 at 12:01 PM, Nationalist said:

Is Mankind now ruled by evil?

We worship the $.

We are developing a potential life form...without a soul.

We murder fully formed and conscious babies like common butchers.

We take steps that destroy the poor.

We preach that there are too many people on the planet.

We live in fear and loathing.

I think the truth is now obvious. And like the Luciferians and Illuminati have predicted...as we approach the end, the evil will no longer have to be hidden because...by then it'll already be too late.

My advise. Fight back and keep your soul as clean as possible. Instill truth, respect and honour in your children. Recognize the evil and trust your senses.

This is absolutely right!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:55 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Oh but they do listen.  It’s just that they may not follow the models and advice until they’re older and life has kicked them to the floor.  Rules and the reasons for them matter, even if everyone breaks them from time to time.  

You're right kids dont listen, they observe. 

On 9/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, TreeBeard said:

They sound like Christians…

But arent. Just like someone with a penis says theyre a woman but isnt. 

• Like 1