Trump Unveils Plan

I can't stand listening to this buffoon any longer. Just go away. Preferably to prison.  

I'm sure we're going to round up the homeless and ship them to Mexico where they'll be enlisted as forced labor to build a border wall that Mexico will pay for. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Trump's "plans" mean nothing. It's like the phantom infrastructure weeks that were repetitively "planned" but NEVER MATERIALIZED.

LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP did more for infrastructure, the economy and world peace than ANY Democrat president in history.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hodad said:

I can't stand listening to this buffoon any longer. Just go away. Preferably to prison.  

I'm sure we're going to round up the homeless and ship them to Mexico where they'll be enlisted as forced labor to build a border wall that Mexico will pay for. 

HEre's an idea. YOU GO AWAY. You voted for a pedophile who just gave America the WORST ECONOMY since the FDR Depression. Right now we're in the WORST inflation of all time. Gasoline prices CONTINUE to soar, and IT'S ALL UNELECTED JOE'S FAULT.

Joe inherited an expanding economy from LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP and in less than six months turn this country into Venezuela.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Great plan and good speech.

Just out of curiosity, what would the fraction of homeless in the wave of mass shootings we're observing in the States in real time? We are so deeply f@cked up if looney left making idols of and worshiping social outcasts would be facing loudmouth rightwing buffoons making of them the cause and source of all problems in the society. No, between two dumbos, dumb and still dumberer there isn't a better choice for a normal, sane society! It's just what it is: dumb, useless, chicken sh*t.

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP did more for infrastructure, the economy and world peace than ANY Democrat president in history.

Biden passed one of the largest infrastructure bills in HISTORY.

Everything In The $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill: New Roads, Electric School Buses And More

President Joe Biden on Monday signed into law one of the largest infrastructure packages in U.S. history after months of bipartisan negotiations and tense political infighting, shoring up $1.2 trillion in funds, including $550 billion in new investments for the nation's bridges, airports, waterways, public transit and more—here's what you need to know about where the massive new spending will go. 

So YOUR OPINION is WRONG, AGAIN.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Biden passed one of the largest infrastructure bills in HISTORY.

Everything In The $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill: New Roads, Electric School Buses And More

So YOUR OPINION is WRONG, AGAIN.

Oh, I agree unelected Joe SPENT trillions. Nothing is getting done. But now contractors are swimming in unearned cash, just like the Biden Family is swimming in Chinese cash.

Trump  did more with less money.

Your opinion is wrong AND stupid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

Trump's "plans" mean nothing. It's like the phantom infrastructure weeks that were repetitively "planned" but NEVER MATERIALIZED.

Look, I get that homelessness turns you on, but it's becoming an epidemic. People like you don't understand this but Trump does, and so do the rest of us. 

You just keep pointing your fingers at Republicans while we solve the country's problems. ;)

• Haha 1

One thing's for sure, this guy is not going away. No matter how hard the left tries to eradicate him, he just keeps coming back. In fact he somehow manages to turn that around on them, so it hurts them instead of him.

Just look at all the clods in this forum who have a serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Some of them cannot even sleep at night. The thought of Trump coming back as President has them unglued, mentally, while Trump just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Edited by OftenWrong
because Trump

3 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Donald left office with the third largest deficit in history. 

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

debt is always higher - things cost more and there's more people every year.

Debt to gdp is a better way to look at things. And there - trump did better than most. In otherwords he increased productivity and profit faster than he increased spending:

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/united-states/total-debt--of-gdp

Whereas under biden that obviously was NOT the case. Now  - covid. Fair enough. But - it's still entirely out of whack.

So trump did better than obama - MUCH better than biden and if covid hadn't come along the debt to gdp might very well have been at an all time low historically.

So swing and a miss there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

debt is always higher - things cost more and there's more people every year.

Debt to gdp is a better way to look at things. And there - trump did better than most. In otherwords he increased productivity and profit faster than he increased spending:

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/united-states/total-debt--of-gdp

Whereas under biden that obviously was NOT the case. Now  - covid. Fair enough. But - it's still entirely out of whack.

So trump did better than obama - MUCH better than biden and if covid hadn't come along the debt to gdp might very well have been at an all time low historically.

So swing and a miss there.

Trump took Obama's full employment and CUT TAXES which overstimulated the economy until the inevitable CRASH combined with the completely mismanaged pandemic.

Then he spent even more for pandemic recovery. But the economy didn't recover to previous levels until Biden took over.

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

Trump took Obama's full employment and CUT TAXES which overstimulated the economy until the inevitable CRASH combined with the completely mismanaged pandemic.

Then he spent even more for pandemic recovery. But the economy didn't recover to previous levels until Biden took over.

It's weird how when Republican comes into office, they stop pointing out the deficits and start pointing out the tax cuts. Really it's the same thing.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:06 PM, Deluge said:

President Trump's plan for homelessness. Definitely worth a watch

The plan sounds very fair and balanced. It attempts to address the root causes of homelessness through treatment and support while ensuring that streets are made safe.  Trump sounds more like a progressive here than a conservative.  It’s basically common sense.  

35 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The plan sounds very fair and balanced. It attempts to address the root causes of homelessness through treatment and support while ensuring that streets are made safe.  Trump sounds more like a progressive here than a conservative.  It’s basically common sense.  

He should unveil a plan to get rid of Obama's kid cages next. Leftists will love that ?

Hopefully his plan for the homeless works out, at least to some extent. I honestly believe that he won't spend those scores of billions of dollars on the proxy war in Ukraine, but that doesn't mean that they can keep up that level of spending either. 

IMO a big part of the solution would have to include volunteers or it will get ridiculously expensive. There are a lot of people who are willing to lend 8 or so hrs a week and paying everyone a high salary to care for these people won't work. 

Well... no. The facts don't support that.

Obama had a mild recovery, slow but it was there. trump cut taxes and the economy improved much better but was no where NEAR being overstimulated - it was actually a pretty good rate. And it didn't crash at all.

Biden overspent during the pandemic which as always creates inflation - rates have to go up to fight inflation and high interest rates are about to cause a crash, which is basically what always follows high inflation. As the man said "inflation is always and everywhere a monetary issue".

That simply isn't true. Sorry. You are now just making crap up at random.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

He should unveil a plan to get rid of Obama's kid cages next. Leftists will love that ?

Hopefully his plan for the homeless works out, at least to some extent. I honestly believe that he won't spend those scores of billions of dollars on the proxy war in Ukraine, but that doesn't mean that they can keep up that level of spending either. 

IMO a big part of the solution would have to include volunteers or it will get ridiculously expensive. There are a lot of people who are willing to lend 8 or so hrs a week and paying everyone a high salary to care for these people won't work. 

I agree.  I can see a number of charities and shelters being involved.  This can be very positive and bipartisan. 

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree.  I can see a number of charities and shelters being involved.  This can be very positive and bipartisan. 

It's amazing how many volunteers you find in small communities. 

Unfortunately for the gov't, whenever they come up with a plan it always involves people in paid or highly paid positions. 

People are always asking for help from the gov't, maybe the gov't needs to start up more institutions that rely on a bit more help from the community. 

It reminds me of when I was a lad my and sister was a candy striper, working as a volunteer in the hospital. 

The nurse's union decided that people should be getting paid to do that job, and they managed to get rid of them, now everyone who works in hospitals gets $35/hr plus benefits, plus sick days, vacation pay, etc. And guess what the nurses do.... They whine because they need more money ? 

I know that they have a tough job - I could never do half of the things that they do - but their lack of foresight 40 years ago contributed greatly to their wage 'issue' and to the cost of medicare. 

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Well... no. The facts don't support that.

Yes, they do. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN

By the time Obama left office, the jobless rate was down to 4.7 percent — well below the historical norm of 5.6 percent (the median rate for all the months between Harry Truman’s inauguration in January 1949 and the end of the Obama administration).

Full employment defined:

As the economy recovered, people went back to work. Obama loves to tout his administration's record 75 straight months of job growth – although he declined to drop the number Tuesday night – as well as the fall in the unemployment rate from a dire 10.0% in October 2009 to last month's (preliminary) 4.7%. That level, at least to this decade's economists, signifies "full employment," if not an overheating economy.