Is Leftism a kind of Religion?

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Is that fundamentally different than this?  If so, how?

trump.Rally.Peterson.Secondary5.jpg

I just see a question mark in a blue box. What is it?

Like “lock her up”, or “let’s go Brandon”?, etc, etc. 

You know that those don't compare to "pigs in a blanket...", right?

Let's go Brandon is funny. Religion isn't funny at all. I don't think there's a single joke in the bible, but I could be wrong.

If "lock her up" was baseless and just intended to cause harm for no reason then it would qualify, but people have a right to be angry that someone could destroy evidence, lie to the FBI, and then just carry on as if nothing had ever happened. 

We all know what would happed if you or I destroyed evidence and then just said "I don't remember" 50 times to the police.

De-Fund police isn't rational at all. No one with an IQ over 70 believes that de-funding police is the key to a healthy society. People only say it to fit in. They regurgitate the dogma, so to speak, and then they get a cookie. (Sorry religious people, that's how I feel. I respect Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, and Buddhists a lot, I think they're fantastic people, so I don't generally come out and say what I truly believe). 

Mostly peaceful protests wasn't rational.

Saying gentle giant wasn't rational - M Brown was seen being violent minutes before he was killed and the video was out that day. 

Nothing about the Jan 6th witch hunt is rational. 

Irrational is only defended by religion.

For me the argument that an omniscient, omnipotent being just willed himself into existence before there was an atom in the universe is irrational. It's like saying the flagellum on a protozoan on the tail of a dolphin is wagging the ocean to create all the waves.

10 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Man, I thought you had me on ignore.

It doesn't prevent me from seeing your posts in other people's replies. You're like a virus.

Do you want me to do a demonstration towards you? 

I can handle some more of your baseless insults, lies and drivel. I certainly don't take any of it to heart.

I just finished aiming the cannons at the left, do you want me to start with you? 

I fire canons at the canons myself, be they religious or leftist. I don't blame people for being sucked in, but I do blame people for coming here and lying, like you do.

<- Leftism violence is there, and they need to be arrested at every thuggery, however nothing beats in the SYMBOLISM of the thuggery from the right ->. What they did on January 6th, it is an embarrassment to America which made international headlines and will live on for generations to come. 

Jan 6th was a disaster for 50 different reasons. If you squeeze that zit it's full of a bit of everything that's wrong with America. The sad fact is that they're not using Clearasil on it, they're just wallowing in the puss. 

You have no legitimacy to talk here,

Oh look, the ad hominem argument again lol. Go away little boy.

If the left wants a real challenge, they can debate me, but it seems they focus on you because is an easier job. ?     

Granted, you'll give them the poop-flinging the deserve, I guess we all have our part to play. 

1 hour ago, Legato said:

Libertarian's follow tenets from both sides of the political spectrum.

In my experience libertarians are 1 of 2 things: 1) ultra-partisan hacks from the left or right who want to pretend that they're preaching from the middle of the curve instead of the 5th deviation from the mean, or 2) senseless folks who don't understand what tax dollars are, or why they're necessary. 

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

https://www.theroot.com/really-ron-desantis-you-want-schools-to-talk-about-ros-1850236824

Ever listened to Trump and his cultists?  Tell me again how the right is so "truthful."

You don't have comps from the right for things like Sandman, Smollett, vaxtardism, collusion, collusion V2.0, FBI crime adoration, mostly peaceful protest lunacy, etc, etc, etc.

Every month leftards get sucked into another blatantly onbvious narrative and by the time it's wrapping up you're ignoring it and gobbling up the next one.

If you were all jackfish you'd live on an exclusive diet of Red Devils and you'd call everything else junk-food. 

ScreenShot2023-04-09at3_15_21PM.png.93a61f7c32bb8dc735651ad86bc662e2.png

9 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Hilarious the far right troll fake Canadian MAGA man is looking for people to support him, even from the left.

What a weakling. ???

Treebeard and I have our differences, but she's speaking to the content of these posts, so what she's saying has value. Each exchange moves the conversation in a reasonable direction. 

Your drivel is annoying, ceaseless, and pointless. Engaging with you is like drinking stupidity from a firehose.

Worst of all is the fact that we all become the average of the people we spend the most time associating with. I have to limit the time that I spend dealing with people like you lest I become one. "If you lay down with dogs you get fleas."

Hasta la vista, baby.

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

This article describes six ways leftism acts like a religion.

"Conservative commentators have been mocked for years for describing leftism as a new religion of sorts. Since 2016, it has become clear that the modern left was determined to prove us right.

What we have witnessed unfold in this country over the last few years, and have seen increase exponentially as the 2020 election comes near, especially with regard to the Black Lives Matter movement, is an expression of religious zealotry so widespread, unforgiving, and violent that it might have made the Puritan governors of 17th-century Massachusetts worry they were being outdone.

Leftism is not a political ideology anymore. It is a full-fledged religion complete with tithing, penance, forced confessions, iconoclasm, internet inquisitions, public rituals, excommunication, heavily policed virtues, sacred texts, seminaries, and online auto-de-fes.

The proof is too plentiful to ignore. 

Here are the signs that we’re truly confronting a theocracy of totalitarian religious extremists.

1. Conformity, Strictly Enforced Virtues, and Excommunication

Throughout history, religious nonconformists and dissenters of theocracies like the one we’re now confronting have been denied political and civil rights. Those who fail to express their undying loyalty to the Church of Leftism and participate in its public rituals are marked as heathens and “canceled” faster than you can say “due process.” Those who dissent publicly from their established doctrine are routinely censored, humiliated, shunned from certain schools or organizations, and even deprived of their livelihoods.

In this religious system, heretics and apostates are ruthlessly suppressed and denied the full benefits of participation in the body politic. Even if you’re silent, the media choir will call it violence and demand you be shamed and unfollowed. If that’s not enough puritan madness, the choir will also instruct you on how to be sufficiently woke. The New York Times recently ran a piece suggesting you must demand your family and friends donate to left-wing causes or threaten them with excommunication.

Other ways leftism demonstrates it is a religion:

2. Inquisition

To ensure the aforementioned conformity, the Church of Leftism has established a Tribunal of the Woke Office of the Inquisition. They police speech; launch vicious pressure campaigns against celebrities, schools, and corporations; and work to ruin the lives of those who dare dissent from established orthodoxy. Even those who commit only the most venial of sins face the wrath of the woke.

3. Sins

Speaking of sins, the Church of Leftism has a lot of them. Groupthink is required, or else dissidents will be smeared with an -ism, -ist, or -phobia. Once the church attaches those labels to you, you might lose your job and get a public shaming. Homophobe, racist, bigot, xenophobe — these accusations used to carry meaning, but the left has misused and misapplied them for so long, they have lost almost all weight outside the pseudo religion.

4. Penance

If you do find that you’ve committed a sin after the woke inquisitors have their way with you, you shall be forced to commit a humiliating public act of penance. Grown men have been forced to beg on their knees or prostrate themselves. Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey did it willingly only to find that no amount of groveling or virtue signaling could ever satiate the most extreme members of the church.

5. Public Ritual

Some leftist church members are perfectly happy to humiliate themselves without coercion. Its political priestly class, for example, is incredibly fond of gaudy vestments, their favorite fabric choices being white and Kente. Lay members choose more lively rituals or synchronized chants.

They even have holy wars. Look no further than the riots waged in large part by the far left and remember the phrase they’ve been using during the riots: “By all means necessary.” In their jihad, the only possible redemption for infidels like you or me is to come on bended knee, groveling and ready to convert wholesale to their liturgy of insanity. Even that might not be enough to save you.

.6. Evangelization

The missionary zeal of the Church of Leftism is enough to make the Latter Day Saints envious. Its evangelists are everywhere, their efforts permeating all aspects of life: television shows, websites, social media, consumer bank landing pages, corporate advertising. Barely a single product, app, or promotion these days comes without a free leftist sermon.

For more on this and the whole article go to:

6 Ways Leftism Acts Like A Religion (thefederalist.com)

Of course we see real life examples of the evangelization of the Leftist Religion on CBC, CTV, and even commercials.  

5367966.jpg

14 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Actually, we weren't debating. He just posted an article and I replied with a meme.

Actually he posted an article and you realized there was no rational argument against it. But you also didn't LIKE that it was true. So instead of countering his argument with words and an intelligent argument you tried to use a picture as an attack on his position.

Which you do all the time :) Especailly when you know you've got no argument :)  But you were definitely replying to him. So that is in fact a debate - its'  just you're really crappy at it.

But by all means - go ahead and tell us all how it was just a random picture and wasn't a reply or rebuttal to the article he posted WHICH YOU QUOTED :) I'm sure we can all enjoy a chance to laugh at your chronic dishonesty again :)

Just now, CdnFox said:

Actually he posted an article and you realized there was no rational argument against it.

Because it wasn't a rational argument. He's just trolling,

But you also didn't LIKE that it was true. So instead of countering his argument with words and an intelligent argument you tried to use a picture as an attack on his position.

Which you do all the time :) Especailly when you know you've got no argument :)  But you were definitely replying to him. So that is in fact a debate - its'  just you're really crappy at it.

But by all means - go ahead and tell us all how it was just a random picture and wasn't a reply or rebuttal to the article he posted WHICH YOU QUOTED :) I'm sure we can all enjoy a chance to laugh at your chronic dishonesty again :)

That sure is a lot of smiley faces.

5 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Because it wasn't a rational argument. He's just trolling,

Ohhhh - so you WERE debating :)

If it was just trolling then why bother to offer a counter argument at all?

5 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

That sure is a lot of smiley faces.

You're just THAT funny to watch :)  It's impossible to watch a monkey freak out like you do and  NOT find it hilarious to watch. 

I'll try to laugh at you less but to be fair you make it pretty hard not to!

18 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Leftists believe in creation?

Do you honestly need me to go through the laundry list of things that leftists believe in, or used to believe in, that were completely ludicrous? The things that they lied about, and then called people 'racists' or misogynists if they dared to 'misspeak' (tell the obvious truth)?

How about if you put together just a partial list of things that the majority of leftists were sucked in by but you weren't? Just so we can estblish that you were ahead of the pack. Otherwise we'll have to assume that you were sucked in by everything...

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you honestly need me to go through the laundry list of things that leftists believe in, or used to believe in, that were completely ludicrous? The things that they lied about, and then called people 'racists' or misogynists if they dared to 'misspeak' (tell the obvious truth)?

How about if you put together just a partial list of things that the majority of leftists were sucked in by but you weren't? Just so we can estblish that you were ahead of the pack. Otherwise we'll have to assume that you were sucked in by everything...

No, the argument is that it is a religion.  Make the case for that.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

No, the argument is that it is a religion.  Make the case for that.  

In religion you have a cult figure who can do no wrong, apostles (the media) bearing witness to The Holy One's greatness, and followers who believe everything they're told without question.

That is exactly what's going on in Canada with Trudeau. He was able to do a Hitleresque rant about the unvaxed and the media was stone-silent. He accused the Freedom convoy of being racists and the MSM pretended to see a sea of swastikas and confederate flags that they just couldn't capture on film. He was able to sit back and miss the boat for ordering covid vaccines and then poach 1.9M vaccines from the 3rd world charity pool and the media adored him for it. His pillow fight against covid was a joke and the MSM lionized him for it. 

Leftists regurgitate BS about mostly peaceful protests, the vaccines, Russian collusion, FBI crimes, inflation, global warming, the danger of masks, the necessity of masks, Fauci's legitimacy, the BSL4 lab, shadow bans, Hunter's laptop, Sandman, Smollett, etc, etc, etc.

It's all blatantly false right from the outset, leftists defend it all with holy fervour, when the lie is finally revealed you all just instantly go to the next one. How many more 'next ones' can there be? 

The answer is, an unlimited number, because you all crossed the Rubicon during covid. Leftists renounced family, friends, and co-workers over their vax status, and now they can never admit that the vax was bullshit without being cast down from the moral high ground forever. 

ScreenShot2023-04-10at11_06_49AM.thumb.png.2dbe015d787a1ad2aa1794213e52b0a9.png

With 85% of Canadians vaxed, covid deaths were up by a large margin in 2022 and the media almost ignored the topic of covid completely. 85.7% of those covid deaths were among the multi-vaxed. The MSM and gov't still push the vax and hail it as a saviour, you have no choice but to go along with them. 

You've crossed the Rubicon. You're an acolyte. You have no choice but go along with their next narrative because if you don't you will lose your place in the holy order, and excommunication is not an option for you. 

Edited by WestCanMan

45 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Politics as religion applies to anyone left or right who is so partisan that they never hold their "side" accountable and blame everything on the other side.

I disagree.  It’s still not a religion.  It may be an obsession, they may be partisan hacks, but to call it a religion is simply hyperbole.  Like calling sports a religion.  It’s a metaphor, and nothing more. 

21 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Sure, troll, you can't keep up, that's all.  More tries to connect with opposite factions. 

You're such a classy, positive person. Your posts are as informative as they are delightful ?

FYI there's nothing wrong with engaging people civilly if you have a difference of opinions with them.

I disagree with Treebeard, but I do it without lying, dodging, obfuscating, and I reply to every aspect of her posts. I don't cherry pick. Treebeard's posts aren't about how poopy everyone is that disagrees with her. Maybe learn from that. 

Is natural law. You are a weak machine.

Says the guy who still can't speak English and has to resort to lies and insults to flesh out his weak responses.

Did you ever consider that maybe your poor reading comprehension is at the root of a lot of your problems?

I highly recommend people read you on the Ukrainian thread + the Covid-19 conspiracy threads.

I highly recommend the same.

Here's some new "conspiratorial" stuff:

ScreenShot2023-04-10at11_06_49AM.thumb.png.b842ea7458925611dd3624e553a58917.png

So, after vaxing 85% of the country in 2021, we had more covid deaths than ever in 2022, by a large margin (24-30%), yet the MSM almost completely ignored the topic of covid deaths in 2022. Why is that, genius? Shouldn't they have been doing some kid of victory lap? Where's the victory lap, genius? 

Was it because 85.7% of the covid deaths were among the multi-vaxed? The proof of that is in the covid 19 "conspiracy" threads lol. There's math involved though, you'll need to have at least a grade 4 student with you. 

I could make a comment about "dismantling" your post right now but I don't wanna sound like a drunk, stupid, troll. 

then they can read my content. I only post mostly bullet points on data, trending news and lash out at uneducated ones that try to be better than what they are, which is just a troll in a hole with a computer. 

So make some bullet points about why covid deaths were so much higher in 2022, media interest was so much lower, why it's so hard to even find the media talking about the number of covid death per year here, and why they have never talked about the ratio of vaxed/unvaxed deaths? 

C'mon big leader, give us some of your brilyunt bullet points... ?

As you became a radical towards Covid-19 forces or whatever you believe in, I became a radical towards lazy welfare recipients that made me work twice as much so they can spend time with a keyboard thinking they are somebody. 

I see childish insults there and not a lot of bullet points. You may have been shadow banned ?

A nobody, through and through. 

Better put me on ignore, will not back down from people like you. You had your reign long enough, agitator. 

You usually are on ignore, but every once in a while I have to put you in your place. 

While I agree that religion is a terrible thing,  no, political opinions you disagree with don’t meet the definition of “religion”. 

Now the conspiracy-addled and fact-free worshippers of Grand Mullah Trump are closer to religion what with all the magical thinking and simplistic good vs evil narratives and such. But given the movement’s lack of any coherent principles, values or philosophy, Trumpism is more accurately described as a cult

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Both can be criticised for being dogmatic and intolerant of dissenting views.

You argument is with God then because that's how the Bible is.   Do you seriously think any serious King in history would approve the following of other would-be kings in his kingdom?  Or would they be considered as traitors or false kings?  Simple logic isn't it?

Edited by blackbird