Womens tears are making politics - and society - more feminine.

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Is that a thing that happens?

It is. And he often becomes confused.

This really isn't political - regan had issues by the end as well - but the guy isn't all there and republican or democrat he's really not fit to lead a country. i thought he'd step aside for the next go around and let someoene else take a crack but unfortunately not the case it would seem

7 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

But we're talking about him speaking on his depression, which destigmatizes having depression.

Him missing days is another issue. 

His limp admission destigmatizes nothing. He's unfit to serve in the US Senate.

23 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Just a reminder, that even though you think you are debating conservatives, you are not.

Do you take pleasure picking on 1-2 of these low level populist posters ...

I am a proponent of isolating the ignorants and trolls on here, but the fact is that leaves few actual 'conservatives' to debate with.  

The problem of the open forum is that it attracts posters who are egotistical, disinterested in discussion, unknowledgeable etc.  My experience on here is that early on (2003) we were naturally divided in people who were principled, and could weigh ideas without getting upset ... 

My big interest would be for people with expertise to talk about ideas for the future.  The closest we came in 20 years was the discussion around UBI.  But that idea came from the mainstream, from a conservative political operative.  By the time that boat crashed on the shore it was a meaningless jumble of ideas and yet another platform for regressive fighting.

I think a platform like this can be good for making people understand what the political landscape is - it has certainly done that for me - and POTENTIALLY for enlightening people on issues but you have to possess honesty and a diminutive self-image to start with.  Most here think they're cable news commentators talking to Rosie Barton or Tucker Carlson.

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Just a reminder, that even though you think you are debating conservatives, you are not.

Do you take pleasure picking on 1-2 of these low level populist posters and so called "debating" them, this way validating your BIAS towards "conservatives"? 

You are just lying to yourself. I seen you debate real conservatives, libertarians - centrists like me, you don't handle yourself well, once you stop debating fringes from the right. They are easy. 

Anyone can be a winner in a village, an old expression says, to test yourself, come to the city level of debating. ?

Who do you think I didn't do well against? If you mean that after a while I gave up, well yeah, I'm not going to repeat the same points while the person I'm talking to just ignores them and goes back to their bad faith talking-points. And let's be real, that's what every conservative here does. Though I will agree that Zeitgeist and Nationalist don't come across quite as psychotic as the other fascists here.

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Zeitgest, yes, I can talk with him any day. Nationalist, read his history, he is a golden man, going after people and using threats, liking communists postings, engaging in disinformation against the West, etc. 

• Maybe you have the same radical violent DNA, so you see some sort of sympathy for him. How attractive. 

Hey, I didn't say I like Nationalist. I said he doesn't come across like a psychopath, the way the other fashies here do. WestCanMan, Cdnfox, and reason10 are truly unhinged.

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Interesting how a radical like you puts those 3 people together, when one there is simply just a passionate conservative. 

Just because someone is arrogant, does not make him a fascist. I can tell you the Fox, as I watch the conversations, combats populism, he just recognizes reality, that in today's political climate, one can not win without a dose of it so of course he uses that, IS POLITICS, WAKE UP, is just a game. 

The man is also pro birth control, something that is in your ideology, get a grip of yourself. Just because you can't hold debating with passionate conservatives, you don't get to put one in a fascist box. 

My dude, if you think Fox isn't completely unhinged, I don't know what to tell you. And no, being left-wing on a few issues doesn't mean you can't be a Fash. Nobody fits perfectly into any political label.

Serious question here. What is your definition of fascism and of nazism? Please define both and include what traits a person must have to be a fascist or a nazi.

Just now, Americana Antifa said:

My dude, if you think Fox isn't completely unhinged, I don't know what to tell you

You've never known what to tell people.  That's why everyone thinks you're a bit of a joke.

You simply call everyone you don't like a nazi or a fascist or 'unhinged' because you can't come up with a coherent argument against them.  You're stuck in your echo chamber and when you post it's painfully obvious even to those here who lean left that you don't give rational thought to anyone, you just blather in accordance to your talking points

And of course you hate the people who point that out the most. Its obvious you become emotionally unstable if anyone dares speak truth to your power.

Sorry kiddo - if you thought anyone was taking you seriously or had respect for you i'm afraid you were not being honest with yourself.

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

It is not up to individuals to label others as fascists or Nazis. Rather, it is the responsibility of law enforcement and the legal process to identify and prosecute individuals who engage in violent or oppressive behavior rooted in fascist or Nazi ideology. As a radical centrist - you give me a chance to show myself daily, I must prioritize the rule of law and due process, rather than resorting to blanket accusations or vigilante justice. That is your department, <- Antifa and Proud Boys -> 0 vs 1 logic. 

So just so I'm understanding here, you would never recognize someone as a fascist or a nazi? You think that's up to law enforcement?

4 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

That's definitely something I do.

Yeah, We know. That's why i said it.

That's why people don't finish your posts. That's why people think poorly of you.  That's why everyone knows you don't actually have an intelligent argument, you just attack people who think differently than your echo chamber tells you to think.

6 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

In 2023: 

It is not a matter of recognizing someone as a fascist or a nazi, it is a matter of law enforcement identifying and punishing those who engage in such hateful and dangerous ideologies.

Wait, are you saying being a fascist or a nazi should be illegal?

I'm just asking what beliefs you think define these ideologies. Are you saying you don't know or that only law enforcement should decide?

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

1. In 2023, battling trolls means taking the fight to them, not ignoring them.  

2. Is there a thread about UBI? Perhaps the one you started? Or, if not, why not start a new one? You often talk about the level of discussion, but I don't see you initiating many discussions yourself.

1. That was 2016.  Eventually you determine that going outside with a flyswatter is a good way to deal with all the mosquitoes of summer.

2. I think so, but I concur we need to have more posts like that.  Maybe I will host one in my Club

7 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I am saying that I don't allow myself interrogated by a fringe from the <- left. 

I'm not interrogating you, I'm asking you a simple question. You said that I'm wrong for saying that conservatives are authoritarian, so I want to know what your definition of some authoritarian terms are. Considering we're talking about authoritarianism, I think that's a pretty fair request.

7 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Fox is a bad faith troll. There's no point in taking him seriously. I once compared the Palestinians support for Hamas to the situation during WWII where Jews were fleeing Nazi Germany to the Soviet Union. Basically, both options are bad, but the victims chose the lesser evil for them. Now, because of that, he keeps claiming that I said the Jews are nazis. Why should I see him as anything other than a lunatic clown?

9 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

, I'm happy to start it myself and share my views and information 

Maybe you should host it.  You have less baggage than me.  I know this because people regularly tell me what my views are then call me 'arrogant' in the same thread.  

I think the most terrifying thing for a lot of these people is for someone to take their posts seriously.

Interesting how a radical like you puts those 3 people together, when one there is simply just a passionate conservative. The other two, fringe elements, in my estimation. 

Passionate conservative?  ?

Don't make me laugh.   

Just because someone is arrogant, does not make him a fascist. I can tell you the Fox, as I watch the conversations, combats populism, he just recognizes reality, that in today's political climate, one can not win without a dose. Of course he uses that, IS POLITICS, WAKE UP, is just a game. 

The term fascist is meaningless on this forum.  Arrogant and belligerence stupidity isn't something that you can rationalize as "combating populism".  If you've been watching the conversations, you should recognize some familiar patterns.  Who else do we know here who can't help but argue strawman and gets upset and complains about lying when someone quotes him embarrassing himself?  ?

Whatever points he earns by not being the typical conspiracy clown he loses by being a no-life forum warrior, engaging battlemode at the slightest disagreement and picking fights in nearly every thread he's joined.   

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Conservatism today is not the party of @Michael Hardner in my opinion. One needs a bit of @CdnFox and Pierre Poilievre to survive and win elections, is my honest RAW opinion on this. Just look at the other alternatives on the right, the populists. 

You do realize this is all dependent on dominant forms of media? Without anonymous posts, and anonymous content ... Nobody wants to make public claims that are extreme.

People have even posted here that such ideas are not tolerated by the MSM media so it shouldn't be controversial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Fox is a bad faith troll. There's no point in taking him seriously. I once compared the Palestinians support for Hamas to the situation during WWII where Jews were fleeing Nazi Germany to the Soviet Union. Basically, both options are bad, but the victims chose the lesser evil for them. Now, because of that, he keeps claiming that I said the Jews are nazis. Why should I see him as anything other than a lunatic clown?

Do you need me to post the dozens of times where you literally say the jews are nazis?  Oh - except where you argued that in the case you mentioned above you argued that you didn't mean ALL jews were nazis, you meant their gov't that they elected was nazi.  So - just the gov't of the jewish nation was nazi.

You've called jews nazi's in many threads other than that thread.  You didn't stop till i pointed out that the mods are going to spot it one of these days and you'll wind up punted.

You literally called jews nazis.  Word for word. You didn't just 'insinuate' it as you suggest ,

19 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Victory to women all over the world and death and destruction to those religions or people who oppose women's rights and equality and power.

You want to kill Christians who oppose reproductive rights in Canada?  

I think killing them is a step too far.  Maybe voting them out of power would be enough?

Edited by TreeBeard

23 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You want to kill Christians who oppose reproductive rights in Canada.  

I think killing them is a step too far.  Maybe voting them out of power would be enough?

We should just kill everybody. THat'll end all SORTS of social issues. 

(I"M KIDDING - please don't kill everybody.)

23 hours ago, Contrarian said:

He debates mostly like a National Post commentator, never backs down and stands his ground as a passionate conservative, even if he does with BIAS and uses information for his benefit, at times. He is a conservative and stands for his views, even through unorthodox practices. As I do, with my brand of radical centrism. 

He debates like a no-life internet warrior, spamming 30+ posts a day and just generally shitting everywhere.  What you call "never backing down" is actually just  belligerent ignorance, and you don't have to follow his debates very far to see someone unravel his clueless natter to trip him into his error state, where he defaults back to strawman and some permutation of "Awww muffin, soRrY KiDdO, SwinG and a MISs, yoU aRe toO Stoopid".

Conservatism today is not the party of @Michael Hardner in my opinion.

The label of "fascist" put up by a radical left wing member of the forum, that was the main issue here.

Neither term actually means anything here anymore, they way everyone throws them around here. It's just more worthless hyperbole, just like "radical left wing".  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

He debates like a no-life internet warrior, spamming 30+ posts a day and just generally shitting everywhere.  What you call "never backing down" is actually just  belligerent ignorance, and you don't have to follow his debates very far to see someone unravel his clueless natter to trip him into his error state, where he defaults back to strawman and some permutation of "soRrY KiDdO, SwinG and a MISs, yoU aRe toO Stoopid".

ROFLMAO - awwww muffin - you're still bitter about being made to look the fool i take it :)

I don't generally back down because i  comment on subjects that i know the answers to well. So i don't need to try to prove them by frantically googling every time i reply which just leads to mistakes.

Next time do your research first.

But it's getting a little pathetic how you wander around whining and crying to anyone who'll listen about how i post more than you can and how i'm not nice to you.  Nobody's asking for your lunch money, i'm sorry if you're having flashbacks or something.

Yeah - you're right, i call out dumb when i see it. Sorry you got called out. Be less dumb.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Perspektiv said:

Those unable to even listen to the other side and can only hate it and despise Trump or Biden are hypocrites. 

Quick IQ test on someone like this.

Ask them to list 3 qualities of someone like that (that they hate).

Its impossible for such people to think outside the box. They are like a fish out of water.

Their usual go to, will be anger.

I dare you to list three qualities of Trump.

• Like 1