Womens tears are making politics - and society - more feminine.

Victor Wembanyama is the likely number one pick in the upcoming NBA draft. By predicting this.. I presumably hate the other players and any team that does not win the NBA draft lottery. Life is not as physically taxing as it used to be therefore the need for men's superior physical strength has declined. Oh but I hate men (odd being that I am male).. because I can observe this reality. 

54 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If I have something new and interesting to talk about, I'll start a thread and put some actual effort into it

So - you haven't started any threads.

So you don't have anything new or interesting to talk about.

yeah that checks out.

You've got 8 times as many posts here as i do, you've contributed nothing but to complain about other posters, and you bring nothing and add nothing to the forum.

You think it's OTHER people sucking up the oxygen?

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I understand that you are frustrated so refer to him as a 'troll', if you do not like one,

No, I'm calling him a troll because he's trolling. He's literally saying that I said the Jews are nazis almost every time he gets triggered. Do you not think this is trolling?

but how does this relate to your use of the term 'ALL' to describe conservatives? Additionally, you have labeled one a fascist based on their debate style?

No, I labelled him a fascist because he argues in favor of fascism. Of course not ALL trolls are fascist.

When virtually every conservative is a deranged authoritarian, it's fair to say that conservatives are deranged authoritarians. Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure. But they don't define the conservative population or ideology.

It's worth noting that there is an ignore function available or, alternatively, you can choose to respond with reason rather than making sweeping generalizations about fascism and 'ALL".

I don't mind him. If I did, I just wouldn't reply.

I think if anything, he's helping to prove my point here. This is the face of conservatism. They can't defend their own points, because their points aren't based in reality, so when they get cornered they just start trolling.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No you've done it with others as well and as noted it's NEVER ok.

Lies. I only troll you that way because you lied about me saying that. It's our thing now.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Then i pointed out this is the gov't the people elected and you said basically 'well i guess the jewish people ARE nazis."

Are you trolling or do you actually believe I said that? Now I'm starting to worry I might be roasting an actual schizophrenic.

9 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Lies. I only troll you that way because you lied about me saying that. It's our thing now.

Truth. And as pointed out you don't 'troll' people by calling jews nazis.

9 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Are you trolling or do you actually believe I said that? Now I'm starting to worry I might be roasting an actual schizophrenic.

You literally did say that and i think we all know where the mental health issue is.

Nobody jokes around like this. You very clearly hate jewish people and feel they're nazi's in the same way you consider pretty much everyone on the right 'nazis'.

And as i mentioned this is common enough on the left, tho i have no idea why.

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You've got 8 times as many posts here as i do, you've contributed nothing but to complain about other posters, and you bring nothing and add nothing to the forum.

You think it's OTHER people sucking up the oxygen?

I have 6700 posts since 2010. You have 1800+ since...March?  February?  ?

21 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

By your logic, If I predict that a given state's population is going to grow... i must hate them. Too funny. 

I'm not sure you ought to be talking about logic. Let's examine the post which seems to have outraged you.

Left without interference governmental and societal interference to degrade it more natural aggressiveness of males will cause them to dominate most industries and businesses, make more money, and control politics.

This is not a prediction since it's the system prevailing now. Psychologists will tell you men are more aggressive and will work longer hours and strive harder to get ahead than women (in general). Male doctors and lawyers make more money than female doctors and lawyers because they work longer hours. They also don't take time off for childbirth and child-rearing the way women usually do.

Women have to be 'encouraged' to enter certain professions, given special help, have quotas provided for them, etc.

We know this is true, especially with regard to the STEM fields.

There are women in professions like the military, policing, fire, EMTs, etc. because of quotas, not because they're as good as men. Very few are.

These are fields where physical strength plays a role. Often a strong role. 

Fifty percent of the Liberal cabinet are women because Trudeau made a quota, not because they care about merit.

Self evidenced by his own statement.

The government browbeats businesses to put more women in the boardrooms and pressures universities through grants to push forward more women in STEM fields even though women don't want to go into those fields to nearly the extent men do.

Again, self-evident. Not a prediction. Commonly reported.

And yet you deemed it all some kind of strange prediction of a 'utopian fantasy' and said I was a 'doomsday theorist'. Yet without once disputing then or in the followup posts, a single thing I wrote.

Because you can't.

56 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I'm not sure you ought to be talking about logic. Let's examine the post which seems to have outraged you.

Left without interference governmental and societal interference to degrade it more natural aggressiveness of males will cause them to dominate most industries and businesses, make more money, and control politics.

This is not a prediction since it's the system prevailing now. Psychologists will tell you men are more aggressive and will work longer hours and strive harder to get ahead than women (in general). Male doctors and lawyers make more money than female doctors and lawyers because they work longer hours. They also don't take time off for childbirth and child-rearing the way women usually do.

Women have to be 'encouraged' to enter certain professions, given special help, have quotas provided for them, etc.

We know this is true, especially with regard to the STEM fields.

There are women in professions like the military, policing, fire, EMTs, etc. because of quotas, not because they're as good as men. Very few are.

These are fields where physical strength plays a role. Often a strong role. 

Fifty percent of the Liberal cabinet are women because Trudeau made a quota, not because they care about merit.

Self evidenced by his own statement.

The government browbeats businesses to put more women in the boardrooms and pressures universities through grants to push forward more women in STEM fields even though women don't want to go into those fields to nearly the extent men do.

Again, self-evident. Not a prediction. Commonly reported.

And yet you deemed it all some kind of strange prediction of a 'utopian fantasy' and said I was a 'doomsday theorist'. Yet without once disputing then or in the followup posts, a single thing I wrote.

Because you can't.

Typical internet forum poster... always conveniently leaving out stuff.

My post that started this stated in short.. it has been happening and will continue to keep occurring. You leave that last bit.. I know why. 

So in short, you are not talking about the same thing as I am. However, keep creating diatribes.. there has to something for you to do. 

Edited by impartialobserver

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Angered?

Wow, you are quite the comedian. 

You conveniently did not address that how I stated this was going to continue. The word, continue, meaning in the future or gasp!... prediction. 

You said what I wrote was a 'utopian fantasy' and called me a 'doomsday theorist'.  I have no idea why or what you meant, and I'm starting to realize you don't either.

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

You said what I wrote was a 'utopian fantasy' and called me a 'doomsday theorist'.  I have no idea why or what you meant, and I'm starting to realize you don't either.

So it started with my stating this reality is here to stay and will continue. Are you in agreement at this point?

I am of the opinion that this is inevitable given the rise of technology, the internet, and increased economic fortunes. Furthermore, railing against it is pointless. Holding on to the past and trying to fight this change in the social fabric is one living in a utopian fantasy. I can want a world where 8-track tapes are the dominant medium in music.. but it is not and nothing is going to change that. Clear? Or is your zealousness getting in the way. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

So it started with my stating this reality is here to stay and will continue. Are you in agreement at this point?

I am of the opinion that this is inevitable given the rise of technology, the internet, and increased economic fortunes. Furthermore, railing against it is pointless. Holding on to the past and trying to fight this change in the social fabric is one living in a utopian fantasy. I can want a world where 8-track tapes are the dominant medium in music.. but it is not and nothing is going to change that. Clear? Or is your zealousness getting in the way. 

I disagree.  I think feminism has gone too far and left us with a lost generation of young men, a totally dysfunctional military, and workplaces that make allowances for women that they don’t make for men.  Can a man have a meltdown in the office and be taken seriously by colleagues the next day, if he manages to keep his job?

Wokeism is turning education, businesses, and government organizations into obsessive compulsive apology parades that don’t do much of anything of any real value.  China and Russia know this.  We bought into the myth that one gender should be exalted and another deplored.  The result is a lot of confused people trying to look progressive and saying things that they don’t believe or understand in order to sound like they’re using right-speak.  One third of my organization’s communications are basically hand-wringing over feminism, Geoge Floyd, and LGBTQ2I+ gender identity stuff, as though Canada is the US and our PM is Gavin Newsome.  I guess that’s somewhat true now.

Can the situation change?  I hope so or we might as well subsume our government within China’s.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I disagree.  I think feminism has gone too far and left us with a lost generation of young men, a totally dysfunctional military, and workplaces that make allowances for women that they don’t make for men.  Can a man have a meltdown in the office and be taken seriously by colleagues the next day, if he manages to keep his job?

Sure he can.  I've seen lots of dudes flip a switch and keep their jobs, or better yet, remain in charge.  The difference is that when a man shouts someone down at the office, that's just him being angry, whereas for whatever reason the woman is having a "meltdown".  

46 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Sure he can.  I've seen lots of dudes flip a switch and keep their jobs, or better yet, remain in charge.  The difference is that when a man shouts someone down at the office, that's just him being angry, whereas for whatever reason the woman is having a "meltdown".  

I think we’ve had quite enough “affirmative action”, because clearly it’s no longer affirmative with a disproportionately much larger number of women in university, etc.  Men are falling apart and maleness is constantly ridiculed as toxic.  

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I have 6700 posts since 2010. You have 1800+ since...March?  February?  ?

So you choose to waste more time - but because you do it over a longer period it's better? ? :)

That's pretty dumb isn't it. That's like saying "Sure i lost 6000 dollars gambling, but i'm proud of that because i did it over a period of time".  Either being here's a waste of time or it isn't.

But what's really funny is that as far as i can see i've contributed more to the actual discussions than you have in far fewer posts.  All you've done is show up and whine and cry about how others type faster than you and it makes you SOOO mad. :)

Listen kid - your mommy may care when you cry and pound your fists on the ground but most other people are just going to think you're a child. When you grow up and actually have something intelligent to add to the conversation rather than trying to bully your betters then we can talk,

In the meantime this appears to be nothing more than you with sour grapes that you look stupid and others are a little more intelligent than you and actually engage in conversation

But hey - if you want to follow me around like a frightened chihuahua yapping from the other side of a fence then you go ahead :) I can always use the chuckle :)

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I love that I'm still getting paragraphs-long responses explaining my emotional state, when he's replying to a one-liner. 

Just because you can't think of more than one sentence before your brain cramps up doesn't mean the rest of us can't :)

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Holy projection.  ??

Ummm - yeah, that's not what projection means :)    But - hey, you can't think for more than one sentence sooo... i'll let it slide this time. :)

You have a good night there little guy :)

20 hours ago, Contrarian said:

You're claiming that virtually all conservatives are deranged authoritarians, and yet you expect them to play nice with you?

That's unrealistic.

When I'm talking to someone, I always give them the benefit of the doubt. You can look at any convo I have here, I'm polite until the other person begins acting in bad faith. I always give everyone, even conservatives, the chance to not make complete buffoons of themselves. I also give them a new chance with a new topic is being discussed.

However, it pretty much always ends the same way with authoritarians. When they realize they can't defend their points, they just start sperging out. That's what happened with CdnFox.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Solution: 

Why did the radical centrist start a new thread every time tribalism takes over? 

Because they didn't want to give anyone a chance to repeat themselves on the same topic!

Gotta keep the conversation fresh with new ideas and perspectives.

You have 0 threads on this board. Do the work, then you get to complain. or you can get stuck playing ping pong, that will only get you to one destination: 

voting for Bernie Sanders. ?

NPC centrism is tribalism too.

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

My tribalism is better. I welcome everyone, as long as they do some things.  ?

Yeah, that's what makes NPC centrism so bad. You help the fascists come to power. Then when we're both against the wall about to be shot, you turn to me and ask "why aren't they debating us in the free marketplace of ideas?"

Germany, Austria, Portugal, Spain, and Italy were all full of "centrists" who thought they could debate rationally with the growing far-right movements. Guess how that ended.

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

The right-wing -> fringe always accuse centrists of paving the way for communism.

This identity issue confuses <-- you and the right wing it seems.

Maybe centrists are just undercover aliens trying to find common ground on Earth?!  ???

You're doing the identity thing when you put labels above facts.

It can be argued that we both pave the way for communism because while neither of us is a communist, we're both willing to accept communism as a valid ideology. My argument is that authoritarian ideologies are so harmful that we shouldn't accept them as valid.

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

It is an ideology, twisted one:

• Communist ideologies reject individualism and personal property rights, which is a violation of fundamental human rights.
  • I believe that the freedom to own property and control one's own destiny is an essential aspect of a just society.

Communism requires the means of production to be shared publicly, not personal property. You'd still own your own toothbrush under communism.

I would like to maintain the focus on the ideas being discussed, rather than bringing my personal circumstances into the conversation, because then we will play ping pong with anger daily. 

But you need to know what the ideas are in order to discuss them. You are clearly getting all of your info from right-wing media. Most "enlightened centrists" fall for this.

• In the Soviet Union, the Communist Party maintained a powerful central government that controlled the economy and enforced its policies through a vast network of security services. Similarly, in China, the Communist Party has maintained a strong central government that oversees the economy and restricts political dissent. Thus, it is inaccurate to say that communism is necessarily anarchic or that it cannot include a government.

Yeah, the Bolsheviks pretended to be communist. They also pretended the Soviet Union was made up of republicans. Both of those were lies. A country isn't communist or a republic just because they use those words.