Jump to content

BC Liberal MLA fired after retweeting misinformation


herbie

Recommended Posts

BC Liberal leader Kevin Falcon booted MLA John Rustad from his party’s caucus this week, signalling yet again that he intends to lead the Liberals to a more centrist position. - for using social media to question the science around climate change, and refusing to remove those posts when asked by the leader.

***NOTE: to lead the Liberals to a more centrist position not 'to the left'. Climate denial is a position endorsed by the extreme right, a surefire way to lose an election. Which should be noted by ALL other Conservatives in Canada.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, herbie said:

BC Liberal leader Kevin Falcon booted MLA John Rustad from his party’s caucus this week, signalling yet again that he intends to lead the Liberals to a more centrist position. - for using social media to question the science around climate change, and refusing to remove those posts when asked by the leader.

***NOTE: to lead the Liberals to a more centrist position not 'to the left'. Climate denial is a position endorsed by the extreme right, a surefire way to lose an election. Which should be noted by ALL other Conservatives in Canada.

What a load of horse shit...you want the other readers here to believe the lefts bullshit about they are the ones with the only viable climate change plan...let me ask you do you think the liberals plan is the answer to a liberal declared climate emergency, and it is going to solve our nations climate problems?  do the liberals have any other initiative to tackle climate change, or should we continue to put our trust in the liberal government hoping and praying some one does something.  

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, herbie said:

BC Liberal leader Kevin Falcon booted MLA John Rustad from his party’s caucus this week, signalling yet again that he intends to lead the Liberals to a more centrist position. - for using social media to question the science around climate change, and refusing to remove those posts when asked by the leader.

***NOTE: to lead the Liberals to a more centrist position not 'to the left'. Climate denial is a position endorsed by the extreme right, a surefire way to lose an election. Which should be noted by ALL other Conservatives in Canada.

You’re just another victim of the climate fear hype that’s being used to justify power grabs and oppression.  Dubious conjectures used to cause massive wealth transfers.  Gullible people. Unfortunately there’s one born every minute.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No guys, I am pointing out the FACT that Climate Change is not a policy of the left, it is now a centrist policy.

If you are not from BC, don't be fooled by their name - the BC Liberal Party is not Liberal, it is conservative. After the crushing defeat of the former Social Credit Party in th early 90s all their members ran over to the Liberal party as they at least had a decent showing whearas the BC Conservative party never had more than a couple MLAs elected in modern times. Over the years they've purged anyone truly liberal and are considering changing their name now the ultra-conservatives insist 'liberal' is a derogatory word. Maybe they change it to NNDP (NOT the New Democrat Party) to truthfully reflect their free enterprise coalition roots.
BC has 3 main parties the not liberal Liberals, the NDP and the Greens.

So if you actually still think Climate Change is bullshit, or endorse other silly shit like climate offsets that don't do SFA to lower carbon emission or carbon capture (sweep it under the rug), or the bullshit spewed by the likes of Trump and Taylor-Greene you're nowhere near a centrist in your outlook. It's 2022 and YOU are the outlier to the norm.

 

 

 

Edited by herbie
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, herbie said:

No guys, I am pointing out the FACT that Climate Change is not a policy of the left, it is now a centrist policy.

If you are not from BC, don't be fooled by their name - the BC Liberal Party is not Liberal, it is conservative. After the crushing defeat of the former Social Credit Party in th early 90s all their members ran over to the Liberal party as they at least had a decent showing whearas the BC Conservative party never had more than a couple MLAs elected in modern times. Over the years they've purged anyone truly liberal and are considering changing their name now the ultra-conservatives insist 'liberal' is a derogatory word. Maybe they change it to NNDP (NOT the New Democrat Party) to truthfully reflect their free enterprise coalition roots.
BC has 3 main parties the not liberal Liberals, the NDP and the Greens.

So if you actually still think Climate Change is bullshit, or endorse other silly shit like climate offsets that don't do SFA to lower carbon emission or carbon capture (sweep it under the rug), or the bullshit spewed by the likes of Trump and Taylor-Greene you're nowhere near a centrist in your outlook. It's 2022 and YOU are the outlier to the norm.

 

 

 

I thought for a second that you were going to put in a "HOW DARE YOU!"  into your post. The the plan from the left for climate change is only huge hikes in taxes and wind and solar, that's about it.

thunberg.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I thought for a second that you were going to put in a "HOW DARE YOU!"  into your post. The the plan from the left for climate change is only huge hikes in taxes and wind and solar, that's about it.

thunberg.jpg

Is that a picture of the BC Liberal (conservative) leader?  
 

It wasn’t a “lefty” who tossed the MLA from caucus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re just another victim of the climate fear hype that’s being used to justify power grabs and oppression.  Dubious conjectures used to cause massive wealth transfers.  Gullible people. Unfortunately there’s one born every minute.  

Falcon was deputy premier and finance minister under Christy Clark and minister of health under Gordon Campbell. He isn't a lefty, if nothing else he is a realist about what it takes to get elected in BC.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Falcon was deputy premier and finance minister under Christy Clark and minister of health under Gordon Campbell. He isn't a lefty, if nothing else he is a realist about what it takes to get elected in BC.

That’s why BC is f’cked.  The electorate bought into the climate scam.  They can’t build a straw-sized pipeline to the toilet without a protest.  It’s rich retirees keeping keeping that province afloat.  No diversity in the economy.  It’s forestry and low-paying service jobs.  They’ve green-lighted the use of hard drugs and Vancouver’s east side is a mess of lost men.  Natural beauty and relatively temperate climate saves that part of the country.  Its politics are totally irrational like Quebec’s.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s why BC is f’cked.  The electorate bought into the climate scam.  They can’t build a straw-sized pipeline to the toilet without a protest.  It’s rich retirees keeping keeping that province afloat.  No diversity in the economy.  It’s forestry and low-paying service jobs.  They’ve green-lighted the use of hard drugs and Vancouver’s east side is a mess of lost men.  Natural beauty and relatively temperate climate saves that part of the country.  Its politics are totally irrational like Quebec’s.  

Wildfires and floods say otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you lived here, you wouldn't want anything to do with pipelines, tankers, etc. Specially if there's no benefit for you whatsoever, only risks.

MOF there's a lot of Trudeau hate in these parts for him approving just one pipeline. In the North every single Mayor, council, native band, community group was against the Enbridge line and tankers in the North. Every Tory candidate kept their mouth shut and dodged questions on it for 2 elections, that was the only way some got in. Every other home in these parts had a STOP ENBRIDGE sign on their lawn.

And as for the evil communist NDP they're the ones actually building the SiteC dam and the gas pipeline. Green & green-er energy with jobs attached. What they stand for - working people. They're not even the DIet Pepsi of socialism anymore, more like the Bubly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, herbie said:

If you lived here, you wouldn't want anything to do with pipelines, tankers, etc. Specially if there's no benefit for you whatsoever, only risks.

MOF there's a lot of Trudeau hate in these parts for him approving just one pipeline. In the North every single Mayor, council, native band, community group was against the Enbridge line and tankers in the North. Every Tory candidate kept their mouth shut and dodged questions on it for 2 elections, that was the only way some got in. Every other home in these parts had a STOP ENBRIDGE sign on their lawn.

And as for the evil communist NDP they're the ones actually building the SiteC dam and the gas pipeline. Green & green-er energy with jobs attached. What they stand for - working people. They're not even the DIet Pepsi of socialism anymore, more like the Bubly.


Actually there is a benefit for Canada and BC is part of Canada. Parochialism is getting to be such a drag. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No diversity in the economy.  It’s forestry and low-paying service jobs.  They’ve green-lighted the use of hard drugs and Vancouver’s east side is a mess of lost men

Movies, tech, animation, oil & gas, construction, green energy projects etc. all say otherwise. Service jobs with the highest minimum wage and still can't get workers does too. Not so much forestry, the mill here laid off 375 workers and new owners rebuilt up to today's standards. They'll be opening soon and outproducing the old mill with only 70 workers.

As for the street druggies, closing the Institutions to 'save money' and locking people up & dumping them back on the street to steal for drugs just worked so damn well for the last 80 years didn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

What a load of horse shit...you want the other readers here to believe the lefts bullshit about they are the ones with the only viable climate change plan.

Stands to reason given the right doesn't even acknowledge climate change.

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

...let me ask you do you think the liberals plan is the answer...

You mean the Liberals? Whatever their plan is it's mostly geared to them remaining in power. They haven't met an emissions target of their own yet that I'm aware of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, herbie said:

If you lived here, you wouldn't want anything to do with pipelines, tankers, etc. Specially if there's no benefit for you whatsoever, only risks.

MOF there's a lot of Trudeau hate in these parts for him approving just one pipeline. In the North every single Mayor, council, native band, community group was against the Enbridge line and tankers in the North. Every Tory candidate kept their mouth shut and dodged questions on it for 2 elections, that was the only way some got in. Every other home in these parts had a STOP ENBRIDGE sign on their lawn.

And as for the evil communist NDP they're the ones actually building the SiteC dam and the gas pipeline. Green & green-er energy with jobs attached. What they stand for - working people. They're not even the DIet Pepsi of socialism anymore, more like the Bubly.

It’s a nice place but I can’t stomach all the communists and green Nazis.  Bunch of flakes.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you driving less? Did you put more insulation in your home? Did you switch to LED lights?
Then it looks like things have been working.

It was the BC's party on the right that brought in the first carbon tax. Had enough brains to recognize a revenue stream when they saw one.

14 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I can’t stomach all the communists and green Nazis

Actual flakes love to bitch about things that don't even exist. Goes along with believing any absurd conspiracy theory over reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, herbie said:

Are you driving less? Did you put more insulation in your home? Did you switch to LED lights?
Then it looks like things have been working.

It was the BC's party on the right that brought in the first carbon tax. Had enough brains to recognize a revenue stream when they saw one.

Actual flakes love to bitch about things that don't even exist. Goes along with believing any absurd conspiracy theory over reality.

I’ve spent tens of thousands on green energy because I bought into your climate change fear.  It produced very little energy and the solar energy is heavily subsidized.  Fake, expensive action, at taxpayers’ and my expense.  That’s reality.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Stands to reason given the right doesn't even acknowledge climate change.

You mean the Liberals? Whatever their plan is it's mostly geared to them remaining in power. They haven't met an emissions target of their own yet that I'm aware of.

Not true at all, Conservatives have plans for climate change, and here is the catch they are not going to pin all of it on the tax payer so they must believe in something if the plan exists.

But both plans fail to address the real problem, which is what the public wants they want something called a climate change plan, it does not have to work, just look like it might work...Why is that ? 

Everyone with half a brain knows all of that, the liberals plan is nothing more than window dressing, and yet with Justins record on climate change, why would environmentalist continue to back the left. Why, well you know why, the other half of Canadians can't find their ass with both hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

the public wants something called a climate change plan

Yes they do want a Climate Plan, something more that just saying the other guy's doesn't work and claiming that's a "Plan" at all. The federal Tories better figure that out or it will be 3 in a row for JT.
As I pointed out, everyone is trying to reduce their energy usage so existing measures are working. The costing us money gripe is moot. Nothing anyone even suggested isn't going to and no one's even suggested a realistic alternative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, herbie said:

You have little to contribute to discussion. One thing for opinion to be just ill informed, another to be wilfully ignorant.

I know much more than you about green tech, climate change, and environmentalism, guaranteed. I sell green power.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Climate change...what a wonderful tool for the power hungry...what an amazing exercise in masochism. 

Millions upon millions...convinced that humans are awful creatures that actually caused the climate of an entire planet, to change. So self depreciating that they believe humanity must be punished and endure hardship, to atone for how disgusting we all are.

Except for the Chinese and Indians. They make cheap stuff and can be excluded.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Climate change...what a wonderful tool for the power hungry...what an amazing exercise in masochism. 

Millions upon millions...convinced that humans are awful creatures that actually caused the climate of an entire planet, to change. So self depreciating that they believe humanity must be punished and endure hardship, to atone for how disgusting we all are.

Except for the Chinese and Indians. They make cheap stuff and can be excluded.

The possibility of the warming of the earth due to human activity was noticed over a hundred years ago.  That so many predictions about what was going to happen have proven out over the last century should convince all but the most willfully blind.  

The cost of extreme weather events and rising seas will far outweigh any taxes collected to combat it.  Perhaps not us, but our children and grandchildren will suffer the consequences and look back on us as stupid, blind and entitled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The possibility of the warming of the earth due to human activity was noticed over a hundred years ago.  That so many predictions about what was going to happen have proven out over the last century should convince all but the most willfully blind.  

The cost of extreme weather events and rising seas will far outweigh any taxes collected to combat it.  Perhaps not us, but our children and grandchildren will suffer the consequences and look back on us as stupid, blind and entitled.

You are a perfect example of how this horse kaka has been adopted by so many scared, weak-willed people.

Over the decades we've heard all sorts of doomsday predictions...none of which come to pass.

Weather happens. If the overall temperature of the planet rises a bit...which apparently it has...the hemispheres will have longer growing periods. This has happened in the past and it appears it might be happening again. Then, as the planet moves into a more distant orbit...which it is now...we will see a cooling. This has also happened before.

But tell ya what. YOU pay taxes for this BS. I'd rather buy a new car.

Enjoy your fear porn.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,418
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    stevenwilson
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • ironstone went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • reason10 went up a rank
      Veteran
    • Manymoons11 earned a badge
      First Post
    • LTJ earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • akayy earned a badge
      One Month Later
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...