On 6/23/2023 at 7:31 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Is that listing prohibiting white people though?

100%

Non racialized people cannot apply and cannot be considered.

Non racialized= white

This could not be clearer.

Check out their website and email them yourself. They will happily admit that racialized only = no white can be considered

It's not a secret or shameful to commit anti white racism.

Children aid society Toronto careers website... go see for yourself!

This is one example of MANY

Edited by antiwoke
  • Like 1

Here's a copy/paste from a recent job listing I came across.

This appointment is open only to qualified individuals who self-identify as members of one or more of the Four
Designated Groups under the Canada Research Chair program: women, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and racialized persons/visible minorities.

This is in bad taste at best, but leans more towards outright racism and sexism, with a big dose of stupidity.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Here's a copy/paste from a recent job listing I came across.

This appointment is open only to qualified individuals who self-identify as members of one or more of the Four
Designated Groups under the Canada Research Chair program: women, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and racialized persons/visible minorities.

This is in bad taste at best, but leans more towards outright racism and sexism, with a big dose of stupidity.

Yes but it has both in the one job posting so it's very efficient.

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I did boss, then I went to the most recent on all channels. I went on all sources.

What is your source? So I can call them on that racist ad? Where did you get it from? Or you are like @Moonbox, need a red carpet in order to provide information?

That cannot be, because I just did same thing. Now you can add "university" and it will come up.

This is a standard paragraph they use in mulitple job postings, so you will find one.

The details of which employer aren't relevant to the thread discussion, but that they are doing it as an example.

39 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

What is your source? So I can call them on that racist ad? Where did you get it from? Or you are like @Moonbox, need a red carpet in order to provide information?

What are you on about now?  I’ve never shied away from sourcing my claims, and you claiming otherwise is freaking bizarre.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

⬆️ @OftenWrong, don't worry about it brother, it seems you are like the American right-wing trolls, allowing big fish leftists the ammunition to fire at the right-wing ->

Here it is, the winner, found it, did my work: 
https://www.queensu.ca/physics/tier-1-canada-research-chair-astronomy-astrophysics

Trolling is not my intent. I prefer to write less, but say more. Think of me as an educator via the Socratic method.

My question about the topic is, how do they assess the person's level of racialization? They must have a graph with different skin colours along the bottom, and numbers at the top. Or perhaps they do a calculation by some formula.

Discrimination = skin tone + disability + IsWoman/(mainstream cultural appropriation)

Then during the interview they must ask some specific questions. Like, "Ever been called niggardly by a white man?" 

;)

On 8/5/2022 at 9:05 AM, Zeitgeist said:

There are now job postings for racialized-only people.  Apparently skin colour now counts as a qualification and reason for exclusion from a job opportunity.  A school board in Hamilton just posted such an administrative position.  I thought our constitution protected people against discrimination on the basis of race, colour, or ethnic background.

This may seem a little bit off the subject, but I'm assuming its about race based hiring.

Disney (at least in Orlando) has been able to circumvent the Civil Rights Act for decades in its hiring practices, (as well as Florida' Right To Work statute).  How? At Disney, it's not called jobs, hiring, or human resources. It's called CASTING. That mean if Disney wants an all white cast for an attraction, it will get nothing but white. And since unions are very active at Disney, you cannot get a regular job there without being a member of a union.

(And you wonder why Governor DeSantis took away Disney's special privileges. Maybe this is why.)

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Race Hiring is very necessary, in some industries, you can not send 10 white cops even though are more qualified than 10 black cops in Chicago, so of course Race-Based Hiring helps sometimes for efficiency, is one man's opinion. 

Again, that would violate the Civil Rights Act as well as the 14th Amendment. Hiring should be based SOLELY on merit, and NOT race.

Edited by reason10

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Can't argue with you on the technical and your laws, but is not practical. 

The black community would resent a white cop just by body language when the state can send an African-American Cop trained in, just by his body language he can defuse the community tension, is just the practical matter. 

I'm assuming that you're not suggesting that white applicants for police positions in black neighborhoods would be inferior based solely on color. So you have to wonder: Just HOW did things get so polarizing in the first place? What was the factor that caused a lot (not all) black communities to be so resentful of white faces in the uniform?

Can't be because of blacks shot by white cops. Black cops have shot a lot more blacks. So where is the malfunction in pop culture that has led to this Jim Crow situation. (And I agree that some--not all--black neighborhoods would resent a white face in a uniform, regardless of qualifications.)

50 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I guess the conclusion is: Finding the correct balance in police staffing, much like playing the piano, involves a delicate harmony between talent and what resonates with the community. It requires considering not only qualifications but also the importance of fostering trust and understanding among residents.

If you or anyone can come up with that, then you or anyone who does is SOLOMON reincarnated.

By the way, (and I'm taking a REAL risk in revealing this) I play the piano. I can breeze through a simple Bach Well Tempered Clavier piece (one I actually am able to sight read) and it will be relaxing to all. Or I can spend six months on one of the easiest Rachmaninoff pieces (Prelude in C# Minor) and everyone in the room will become very agitated at the chord structure and the direction it goes, especially when they realize the piece resembles a story of a funeral where dead person was buried alive.

Playing piano in front of people in the real world means becoming one with the potted plants and the furniture. Staying out of the way of life. It pays pretty good, too.

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why didn't it say that then?

You are either intentionally obtuse or lack the necessary language comprehension skills...it explicitly states that the position is only open to racialized people..

Which means non racialized people ( white people) are not eligible. If you don't understand or want to play dumb ask them directly!

The below is one obvious example of many of job postings that state whites cannot apply or be considered. To demhunanize white people, the racism is frames as " : only racialized people are eligible" as being white means you don't have a race.. according to them.

The post....

For this specific career opportunity to support our Equity Hiring Strategy, CAS of Toronto is inviting applications from qualified individuals who self-identify as being part of one or more of the following under-represented groups:  

racialized (visible minority)

End 

Here is the link

https://www.torontocas.ca/careers 

If anyone doubts this, just contact case Toronto

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not explicit, no.

There would have to be an exclusionary descriptor to say that groups are excluded.  The language indicates that hiring groups are targeted, rather.  

Quit being a jerk. The position clearly is for 'non whites' only and there was media coverage of it somewhere. If you doubt it call and ask.  Exclusionary descriptor my ass.  If you can't discuss things honestly why are you even here.

Now - having said that as i recall the deal was that anyone who 'Identifies' as non white.  So if you're a white person and you're willing to lie and say, oh for example, that you're part native or identify as such, then you're fine. I don't think they actually ask for blood samples or family history or the like - that would be racist :)

So i suppose seeing as lying about your race is a requirement,  white leftie women wouldn't have a problem :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Quit being a jerk. The position clearly is for 'non whites' only and there was media coverage of it somewhere. If you doubt it call and ask.  Exclusionary descriptor my ass.  If you can't discuss things honestly why are you even here.

That's not how it works bud.  The affirmative action language in government type positions has been around for as long as I've been of employment age.  Strangely, whites still get hired.  

I can guarantee you that if you "called and asked", they'd not confirm your "whites only" claim.  The only person being dishonest here is you.  Whether or not it's intentional, or you're just not reasonable on this topic, is the only question.  

For the record, I'm largely against affirmative action like what's being described here.  Last time I called CRA I had to ask for a French operator because the woman I got could barely speak English and was rude when I didn't understand her and kept asking her to repeat herself.  French is very much my second language but I had an easier time speaking to the Francophone than with the unintelligible immigrant.  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

That's not how it works bud.  The affirmative action language in government type positions has been around for as long as I've been of employment age.  Strangely, whites still get hired.  

I can guarantee you that if you "called and asked", they'd not confirm your "whites only" claim.  The only person being dishonest here is you.  Whether or not it's intentional, or you're just not reasonable on this topic, is the only question.  

For the record, I'm largely against affirmative action like what's being described here.  Last time I called CRA I had to ask for a French operator because the woman I got could barely speak English and was rude when I didn't understand her and kept asking her to repeat herself.  French is very much my second language but I had an easier time speaking to the Francophone than with the unintelligible immigrant.  ?

Bullshit.  That is entirely how it works.

And like i posted, this has been in the papers. Such 'employers' justify their exclusionary practices as being necessary to correct racism of the past and the courts have accepted that.

How many white people got hired from the ads i posted or the others have posted? Do you know of ANY? Name a few.

The fact that SOME ads only discriminate against whites MOSTLY doesn't mean that some dont' entirely

Look at the language again:

Designated Groups ....

Open ONLY.  Period. done. people who are NOT part of those designated groups will not be considered.

ONLY.

As usual you're wrong and you've put "Muh Feels" before the facts.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Bullshit.  That is entirely how it works.

And like i posted, this has been in the papers. Such 'employers' justify their exclusionary practices as being necessary to correct racism of the past and the courts have accepted that.

As I said, I don't like the policies either, but it's not just about racism and hating whites.  

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

How many white people got hired from the ads i posted or the others have posted? Do you know of ANY? Name a few.

How many people do you know from any of the ads posted, period?  That's a pretty funny/awkward demand for evidence.  

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

The fact that SOME ads only discriminate against whites MOSTLY doesn't mean that some dont' entirely

Look at the language again:

Designated Groups ....

The four groups, including women and people with disabilities.  You don't think women or people with disabilities can be white?  

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

As usual you're wrong and you've put "Muh Feels" before the facts.

Ironic considering how easily you were just proven wrong.  Stop putting your "REEEee!" before the facts.  ?

• Like 1

@Moonbox I don't know why but the system is glitching and it keeps erasing my reply to you. So I will just say this, at the end of the day if you are white you cannot apply. You must either be non-white or qualify under one of the other non-racial exceptions. But whites are excluded from applying to this.

It may not be about Hating white people, but it is absolutely 100% Racist

More evidence of racisms...the Ontario government has funding and programs for one group of people only. This includes the black only graduation coaches program.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1001660/ontario-supporting-the-success-of-black-students

If you're poor, have a learning disabilities, need academic support hope you are the right color!

2 hours ago, antiwoke said:

More evidence of racisms...the Ontario government has funding and programs for one group of people only. This includes the black only graduation coaches program.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1001660/ontario-supporting-the-success-of-black-students

If you're poor, have a learning disabilities, need academic support hope you are the right color!

It’s the fallacious idea that skin colour dictates level of victimhood and deservedness.  It’s a new form of segregation, categorizing people by race to “save” the weak victims.  The heroic leaders of this project must be honoured for their nobility and allyship, of course. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s the fallacious idea that skin colour dictates level of victimhood and deservedness.  It’s a new form of segregation, categorizing people by race to “save” the weak victims.  The heroic leaders of this project must be honoured for their nobility and allyship, of course. 

Whether the "weak victims" asked to be saved or not.

• Like 1