On 6/28/2023 at 10:22 AM, Moonbox said:

That's not how it works bud.  The affirmative action language in government type positions has been around for as long as I've been of employment age.  Strangely, whites still get hired.  

I can guarantee you that if you "called and asked", they'd not confirm your "whites only" claim.  The only person being dishonest here is you.  Whether or not it's intentional, or you're just not reasonable on this topic, is the only question.  

For the record, I'm largely against affirmative action like what's being described here.  Last time I called CRA I had to ask for a French operator because the woman I got could barely speak English and was rude when I didn't understand her and kept asking her to repeat herself.  French is very much my second language but I had an easier time speaking to the Francophone than with the unintelligible immigrant.  ?

Affirmative Action in the US was and is a failure. It is the same now as it was before. No change.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/06/failure-affirmative-action/674439/

In Canada right now it is not affirmative action but complete discrimination against sector of society that is not in favour or the politically correct sector.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I would just apply for the job and say "I identify as a darkie." I'm pretty sure that will check all their boxes.

it says 'self identifies so yea, as long as you're willing to hide the shame of being white you can get away with it

I'm really good at this sensitivity thing. Ask me anything. 

Ok - why do we have this sensitivity thing?

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

it says 'self identifies so yea, as long as you're willing to hide the shame of being white you can get away with it

Ok - why do we have this sensitivity thing?

Our nation has become soccerized: some people get butthurt too easily, others love the attention that they get if they roll around on the ground holding their leg. 

The percentage of people who "have a pair" has also gone down substantially because of all the new woke medical procedures out there.

Next.

• Like 1