3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

i know that the topic is Canada but we have had openings at my office that have sat vacant for months. White candidates have had countless opportunities to apply and yet none do. Before you blast away... this is not where the black person was chosen over the white. No, this is where very few, if any, white candidates apply and therefore in a lot of cases.. there is no white person to choose even if we wanted to. 

And would you say these are high status, high paying jobs?

14 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

No. Mid level state government jobs where one has a high degree of autonomy. 

I can't really understand why you'd not get lots of white applicants, then. You certainly would in Canada. Any time the federal government puts out a brief announcement of an opening for clerks, say, they get masses of applicants and have to quickly close off the application for new ones. If you don't apply same day you'll probably not be able to.

44 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I can't really understand why you'd not get lots of white applicants, then. You certainly would in Canada. Any time the federal government puts out a brief announcement of an opening for clerks, say, they get masses of applicants and have to quickly close off the application for new ones. If you don't apply same day you'll probably not be able to.

last recruitment was an economist 1. In eight weeks, we received 7 total applicants, 2 of which did not pass the first screening (possession of a bachelors in Economics). Of those 5, one was white and the least qualified. Even though we did not offer the position to him.. he felt the need to negotiate salary. 

5 hours ago, RedDog said:

Five tv commercials in a row with black actors - in central Alberta. Total racism reversal.

The other marketing fraud is mixed race couples in commercials - as though that’s normal.

My entire career was in advertising.

Racial minorities are all over every commercial, internet, TV, or even pamphlets and stuff shoved into my mailbox. How often do you see an ad these days without a black or Asian woman in it? Every organization is flaunting their woke credentials and desperate to show everyone how inclusive they are.

Count the white people you see on these bank sites.

Bank of Montreal

TD bank

National Bank

CIBC

Royal Bank

Bank of Nova Scotia

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedDog said:

Five tv commercials in a row with black actors - in central Alberta. Total racism reversal.

The other marketing fraud is mixed race couples in commercials - as though that’s normal.

12 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Racial minorities are all over every commercial, internet, TV, or even pamphlets and stuff shoved into my mailbox. How often do you see an ad these days without a black or Asian woman in it? Every organization is flaunting their woke credentials and desperate to show everyone how inclusive they are.

Count the white people you see on these bank sites.

Bank of Montreal

TD bank

National Bank

CIBC

Royal Bank

Bank of Nova Scotia

Bank of Montreal has a cashable three year GIC with an average annual interest rate of 4%.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:05 AM, Zeitgeist said:

There are now job postings for racialized-only people.  Apparently skin colour now counts as a qualification and reason for exclusion from a job opportunity.  A school board in Hamilton just posted such an administrative position.  I thought our constitution protected people against discrimination on the basis of race, colour, or ethnic background.

What do you mean, 'now' ? That's a thing that's been happening for quite some time.

11 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Bank of Montreal has a cashable three year GIC with an average annual interest rate of 4%.

I can buy and sell an ETF named CASH on my National Discount brokerage account for no charge any time I want and it pays a 5% rate. It also pays interest monthly.

Edited by I am Groot

35 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s pure racism. 

Maybe you've noticed that whenever a good, benevolent government sets out on a quest to make life better for them common folk, important here: out of any and all checks, limits and controls, it always, invariably, without exceptions arrives at exactly the opposite result to the proclaimed one? This law has soooo many factual confirmations throughout a history, so it's not even about Canada something way more general and deep.

In Canada, we just never thought of it. Never bothered ourselves, to think.

1 hour ago, myata said:

Maybe you've noticed that whenever a good, benevolent government sets out on a quest to make life better for them common folk, important here: out of any and all checks, limits and controls, it always, invariably, without exceptions arrives at exactly the opposite result to the proclaimed one? This law has soooo many factual confirmations throughout a history, so it's not even about Canada something way more general and deep.

In Canada, we just never thought of it. Never bothered ourselves, to think.

Yes, and any opposition to policy is hate now in Canada.  The government gaslights all opposition.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I had never seen postings that excluded white people specifically.  It’s pure racism. 

Oh they've been out there for over a decade now. Basically whites need not apply.

It's hard to dig up old job listings but here's a few cases where it made the news

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-university-criticized-for-job-posting-that-excludes-white-men-1.5841471

https://capforcanada.com/canadian-university-excludes-white-men-from-applying-for-job-posting/

so that's 2022 and 2021 - They are both universities but i know there have been cases in other occupations. I believe the RCMP has posted ads like that going back more than a decade.

Most of the time it doesn't make the papers.

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I can buy and sell an ETF named CASH on my National Discount brokerage account for no charge any time I want and it pays a 5% rate. It also pays interest monthly.

What are their ads/websites like?

Edited by bcsapper

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Oh they've been out there for over a decade now. Basically whites need not apply.

It's hard to dig up old job listings but here's a few cases where it made the news

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-university-criticized-for-job-posting-that-excludes-white-men-1.5841471

https://capforcanada.com/canadian-university-excludes-white-men-from-applying-for-job-posting/

so that's 2022 and 2021 - They are both universities but i know there have been cases in other occupations. I believe the RCMP has posted ads like that going back more than a decade.

Most of the time it doesn't make the papers.

I hope that the public starts to make the connection between the disengagement of young men from education and employment, the rise in suicides, and these forms of blatant discrimination.  Of course it will impact the wider society, destroying families, increasing crime, and breeding resentment, in some cases to the level of hate and violence.

If people feel that no matter what they do or how hard they work, it won’t pay off, the results will be disastrous. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Of course it will impact the wider society, destroying families, increasing crime, and breeding resentment, in some cases to the level of hate and violence.

By the way: "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength..." ... Equality is discrimination?

Sounds right?.. or there already?

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I hope that the public starts to make the connection between the disengagement of young men from education and employment, the rise in suicides, and these forms of blatant discrimination.   

I think your optimism is... (how can i say this nicely...)   adorable, criminally insane.  roughly equivalent to that of the people on the titan sub,  very laudable.

Of course it will impact the wider society, destroying families, increasing crime, and breeding resentment, in some cases to the level of hate and violence.

If people feel that no matter what they do or how hard they work, it won’t pay off, the results will be disastrous.

Truth.

Edited by CdnFox

On 6/23/2023 at 3:01 PM, Perspektiv said:

Granted English isn't my first language, but am I misreading the intent behind the bolded statement as you can now identify as racialized and disabled, or its my English?

Also, am I the only person who hates the word racialized. 

I agree that racialized is an awful term. It also implies Whites are not racialized which dehumanizes them.

The job poster put the bold there. I think to highlight whites, don't apply!

Yea you can identify like this and you have to if you want opportunity

The word racialized sounds like sodomized.  It basically identifies people of colour as victims.  It’s part of the radical left’s need to categorize everyone according to assessed deservedness based on race.   This person is more deserved by being a member of this identity group.  It doesn’t matter that you don’t know how rich, educated, loved by parents, talented, etc. this person is, as the racial group is what counts.  

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Which is just as racist as white people classifying black people as subhuman. I don't understand how this isn't segregation.

It is segregation - it's just being painted differently.

This is known as well as the intersectional hierarchy and for a while there that came up quite a bit.  For example at afar left events black men were allowed to speak before latino men because blacks were considered MORE repressed - but a black WOMAN would be HIGHER on the intersectionality scale and therefore allowed to speak before the black man.  etc etc.

They had it all worked out as to who was more repressed and a 'points system'.

ANd many blacks have suggested that black students should have their own classes, their own 'black safe spaces' on campus etc etc.