School Boards Promoting Homosexuality?

Rainbow Gay Pride Flags Outside Schools  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. it is not innocuous

2. to garner support for radical bullshit

1. Absolutely it is.

2. Right.  Because people who disagree with your morality are evil child molestor monsters right.  It's completely unreasonable to have a different opinion on this so therefore I, and all the other parents, are just doing it so someone can have sex with a kid right?  

Do you understand why reasonable people hate discussing things with you people?  

You are unable to conceive of people seeing things differently than you.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Absolutely it is.

2. Right.  Because people who disagree with your morality are evil child molestor monsters right.  It's completely unreasonable to have a different opinion on this so therefore I, and all the other parents, are just doing it so someone can have sex with a kid right?  

I conceive of people seeing things differently from me all the time

but the woke ideology is not innocuous and is very damaging

and not because I disagree with them

there are all sorts of things I disagree with that I don't say that about

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I personally have nothing against teaching children about sexuality. In fact it’s a necessity. But I do question the need to do that to the extent we fly the flag and start teaching more complex sexual issues to a six year old.

2. It becomes a wedge issue.

3. I prefer we let the kids be children and their natural curiosity will eventually arise... ;) 

1. There's nothing more complex here than saying two mommies happens, just like mommy and daddy happens.

2. Because you call it teaching 'sex' then proceed to debate whether teaching sex to kids is ok.  

3. Not sure what this means... My school has lots of symbols that just represent high level social and cultural concepts.  It's part of the culture and I will defend inclusion as one essential element.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. There's nothing more complex here than saying two mommies happens, just like mommy and daddy happens.

2. Because you call it teaching 'sex' then proceed to debate whether teaching sex to kids is ok.  

3. Not sure what this means... My school has lots of symbols that just represent high level social and cultural concepts.  It's part of the culture and I will defend inclusion as one essential element.

the woke aren't pushing inclusion

you need to stop taking them at their word

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

1. I conceive of people seeing things differently from me all the time

2. but the woke ideology is not innocuous and is very damaging

1. Not without imparting negative attributes to said people.

2. Woke is made up word that generally just means 'bad' to Culture Warriors like yourself.  Is interracial marriage 'woke' ?  People posted that environmentalism is....

Just debate ideas on their own...

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Not without imparting negative attributes to said people.

2. Woke is made up word that generally just means 'bad' to Culture Warriors like yourself.  Is interracial marriage 'woke' ?  People posted that environmentalism is....

Just debate ideas on their own...

I do debate the ideas on their own

I've explained what it means to you on numerous occasions

and then you lump in any criticism of the woke with the worst anti-woke arguments

so you don't have to think about the issue

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. You define Wokism for your own reasons.  The Pride symbols are absolutely about inclusion.

2. Ok, so they have a secret agenda.... Conspiracy time again...

Pride is not about inclusion or tolerance

it's about acceptance, approval and celebration

anyone merely for equality who wants to live and let live and doesn't want to push a radical agenda

is decried as a bigot

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

so you don't have to think about the issue

Not thinking about the issue means labeling it woke, and expecting people to care about your label.

Inclusion is a good thing to teach, especially in this world and time. You calling it woke means nothing other than you don't like it.

Interracial marriages woke, being opposed to slavery is woke, so if you're not woke what are you?

Oh never mind it's just those parts of progressive thought that you don't like right..

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not thinking about the issue means labeling it woke, and expecting people to care about your label.

Inclusion is a good thing to teach, especially in this world and time. You calling it woke means nothing other than you don't like it.

Interracial marriages woke, being opposed to slavery is woke, so if you're not woke what are you?

Oh never mind it's just those parts of progressive thought that you don't like right..

if they were teaching inclusion

I'd have no objection

they are teaching exclusion and segregation

and calling it inclusion

to make you think it’s innocuous

there's a difference

you just can't tell the difference apparently

because they used a buzzword you like

to throw you off the scent of their bigotry

Edited by Yzermandius19

42 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Repeating again does not add to your argument. You ignore the issue being raised here by myself and others. It is not that people object to teaching about mommy and mommy. It's just whether schoolyards need to fly this flag overhead. For most of us parents there are far more important issues to teach about. We want a quality education for our children. We don't like to see political wedge issues brought into the elementary school classroom. Is there a need for it at this age.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I suspect some buy it.

Do you think that I don't believe what I write?  The very definition of the flag says that it symbolizes a social movement.

It's not about 'sex' itself any more than heterosexual social symbols and practices are.

Is there a heterosexual flag?  If so, will it be placed at the same height as the pride flag?   What about an asexual flag?

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Absolutely it is.

“You people”?   This is the expression that took Don Cherry’s job, and I didn’t agree that he should’ve been canceled over it.  The point is that people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.  You can’t handle the same language you’re using now when it’s used against your positions.  Look, the truth is that vocal special interest groups are advocating for a privileged position of promotion in the education system.  It’s the use of a symbol representing lifestyles that are only distinguishable in terms of sexuality.  Such symbols have no place in elementary schools.  We don’t teach sex ed in primary grades, so why does this symbol get a trump card?   At the very least you should respect the values of parents who don’t want this symbol hanging at elementary schools.  Well the backlash will no doubt be fierce, anyway, because reasonableness has a way of crushing ridiculousness.  

48 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. It is not that people object to teaching about mommy and mommy. It's just whether schoolyards need to fly this flag overhead.

2. For most of us parents there are far more important issues to teach about. We want a quality education for our children.

3. We don't like to see political wedge issues brought into the elementary school classroom. Is there a need for it at this age.

1. Yes, because it's a new thing to accept two mommies, and we are announcing that we do that now.

2. Nonsense.  We have always had time to teach values.

3. Values aren't political.  They have changed is all.  You are uncomfortable with it, but you have to get used to not getting your way. And speaking of politicizing, tying it into work ideology and hidden agendas is politics and it's not teaching community values.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:27 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Not sure why you think a flag is "sexual".  I think you are seeing things that aren't there.  Flags represent ideas and values not sex acts.   In this case it's a symbol of social liberation. But of course such things are subjective, I just find your take unique if not weird.
2. You are going off on all kinds of unrelated topics.  Maybe squelch your own anger down a notch.... that's what sounds crazy-town to me - equating LGBT as a social movement to energy policy and the rest.  Take things one at a time - plenty of conservatives support trans rights and even Asexuality is part of the rainbow flag.

Freedom is a good thing... you don't have to react with anger to its symbols.

What ideas?

Liberation of what?

I believe while yes, it does not represent sexual acts, it is representative of sexual decisions/deviations/choices/desires..

I mean, the parades are not just people walking down the streets, topless, they are costumed, leathers chains whips, animal costumes and other (what I call) perversions.

While I have no qualm with LGBT, I feel the need to advertise/display/promote your sexual choices are unwarranted.

I have no anger with the symbolism, I just feel there does not need to be overt symbolism of many kind..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, because it's a new thing to accept two mommies, and we are announcing that we do that now.

2. Nonsense.  We have always had time to teach values.

3. Values aren't political.  They have changed is all.  You are uncomfortable with it, but you have to get used to not getting your way. And speaking of politicizing, tying it into work ideology and hidden agendas is politics and it's not teaching community values.

I’m no homophobe.  My daughter is gay. I could care less about your sexual preferences, but keep talk of sexuality away from young children or we have a problem I won’t let go.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m no homophobe.  My daughter is gay. I could care less about your sexual preferences, but keep talk of sexuality away from young children or we have a problem I won’t let go.  

Some talk is ok. Sadly our society is so f-ed up that it's better for kids to be given guidance, for their protection from liberal creeps.     ;)

However, running it up the flag pole?

That's a paddlin'...

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

What ideas?

Liberation of what?

I believe while yes, it does not represent sexual acts, it is representative of sexual decisions/deviations/choices/desires..

I mean, the parades are not just people walking down the streets, topless, they are costumed, leathers chains whips, animal costumes and other (what I call) perversions.

While I have no qualm with LGBT, I feel the need to advertise/display/promote your sexual choices are unwarranted.

I have no anger with the symbolism, I just feel there does not need to be overt symbolism of many kind..

I maintain that this is about inclusion.

I also acknowledge that not all Pride symbols and images are appropriate for children or anyone.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I maintain that this is about inclusion.

I also acknowledge that not all Pride symbols and images are appropriate for children or anyone.

I get the inclusion part but, the movement itself is causing it's own issues and that is what has many of the public turned off.

As for inclusion, pressing and pushing and constant whining does more harm than good. At a certain point, most (non lgbt) people are not wanting to be reminded any more. I believe it is time for that community to get on with their lives and stop advertising and whining about being threatened.

It reminds me of Scott Thompson’s hilarious “I’m gay” song in the movie Brain Candy.  At the end someone says, “So what?”.   Let’s be comfortable enough with ourselves and each other to understand that people are to be accepted from LGBTQ+ but keep the sexuality stuff away from kids for a reasonable period.  Let them have that innocence and figure out how they feel without adult nonsense.  My gay friends kept kids away from parts of the Pride parade because they called it raunchy.  Of course! Let’s not make this about heterosexual versus homosexual because it really isn’t about that.  

• Like 1

A 7 yr old was visiting my daughter and stayed for dinner. She mentioned that her Mommy had never told her where babies come from, so the ex answered that the stork brought them.

My daughter guffawed, spat her food and said "more like the DORK brings them!". The ex was shocked.

We live on a farm Mum! You gonna tell her the horses and cows and pigs are just kissing out there too?

That's why they teach about sex in school. Most parents don't yet blare constantly that only they should.