Jump to content

Risk of World War


Recommended Posts

I saw later how the war in Lebanon started in 1975.

I lived through the start of the Sri Lankan civil war in 1983.

I've read about how the supposed Great War started in August 1914.

=====

At first, it was a noise in the distance. Then, something happened.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Russian state TV threatens nuclear strike on UK

Many people say that if Russia wipes out Great Satan (Great Britain), all wars in the world will disappear forever, and even animals will stop attacking each other.

 

Edited by athos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

When the assassination in June 1914 occurred, it was first perceived as an important event.

It took time before a general war started.

=====

And like then, many believed that:

a) they were right

b) had superior technology

c) the war would be short

 

 

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

This issue is festering, and people would rather screech about the Jan 6 non-insurrection, or some other nonsense about Trump.

Nicaragua has announced that they are allowing the Russian military into their country for “humanitarian” missions, etc.

Is there anyone left on the left in this forum who can think critically?  This places the Russian military 1600 miles from the US border. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Is there anyone left on the left in this forum who can think critically?  This places the Russian military 1600 miles from the US border. 

The US military is at Russia's border. Not that I give a shit but...just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Russian military has not been this close to American borders (or soon to be) since the Cuban Missile Crisis.  The US is trying to bankrupt them.  Are you really sure it’s much ado about nothing?  
So what would worry you aside from Trump back in the White House?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 11:32 PM, eyeball said:

The US military is at Russia's border. Not that I give a shit but...just saying.

No They Are Not at Russia's border. 

This little war was over before it started and rational thinkers have always known that. Globalist practices have guaranteed that NATO has their hands tied. They all sent token shipments of obsolete equipment along with a lot of symbolic finger-wagging.

Crimea and The Donbas will have their referendums honoured as they will be independent from Ukraine. 

Those who don't realize this yet...are either stubborn...

Or complete simpletons.!

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

No They Are Not at Russia's border.

The US have bases in Estonia, Latvia and Georgia. And what about all the nuclear subs both the US and Russia have parked/patrolling one another"s borders?

Nicaragua? Get a grip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yes: Every factor that can possibly lead to a world war is now trending in the direction of a world war:

Increased domestic political divisiveness in important countries (Trump vs Biden, Le Pen vs Macron, even Trudeau vs Conservatives)

Rise of dictatorships (China, Russia)

Increased international fragmentation through increased importance of international military and trade blocks

Decreased effectiveness of international organizations and trade blocks (Britain the former World Empire leaves EU, and EU goes on to court war-torn Ukraine; Russian membership in UN Security Council is publicly called out as vetoing raison d'être - war prevention)

Countries feeling forced to choose sides (Sweden, Finland, Brazil, India)

Build-up and showcasing of weapons

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 500channelsurfer said:

Yes: Every factor that can possibly lead to a world war is now trending in the direction of a world war:

Increased domestic political divisiveness in important countries (Trump vs Biden, Le Pen vs Macron, even Trudeau vs Conservatives)

Rise of dictatorships (China, Russia)

Increased international fragmentation through increased importance of international military and trade blocks

Decreased effectiveness of international organizations and trade blocks (Britain the former World Empire leaves EU, and EU goes on to court war-torn Ukraine; Russian membership in UN Security Council is publicly called out as vetoing raison d'être - war prevention)

Countries feeling forced to choose sides (Sweden, Finland, Brazil, India)

Build-up and showcasing of weapons

 

Britain may have left the EU but it is still one of the most powerful NATO members and biggest backers of Ukraine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 8:55 AM, eyeball said:

The US have bases in Estonia, Latvia and Georgia. And what about all the nuclear subs both the US and Russia have parked/patrolling one another"s borders?

Nicaragua? Get a grip.

800 troops, 8 fighters and a few helicopters. Hardly an army. Most of the NATO troops in the Baltic states are not US. The Brits have more troops there than the Americans.

The only troops NATO have in the Baltic that could be considered offensive are the few F-35's deployed there.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

800 troops, 8 fighters and a few helicopters. Hardly an army. Most of the NATO troops in the Baltic states are not US. The Brits have more troops there than the Americans.

The only troops NATO have in the Baltic that could be considered offensive are the few F-35's deployed there.

Well sure, it's not normal people who feel threatened, but for people who try to weaponize fear 'get a grip' is an appropriate response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well sure, it's not normal people who feel threatened, but for people who try to weaponize fear 'get a grip' is an appropriate response.

 

How do you know how the normal people of the Baltic states feel, they have plenty of reason to be afraid of Russia. Sweden is building up its defences on Gotland, an Island closest to the Baltic States. I would suggest they are more qualified to assess threats to them than we are.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

How do you know how the normal people of the Baltic states feel, they have plenty of reason to be afraid of Russia. Sweden is building up its defences on Gotland, an Island closest to the Baltic States. I would suggest they are more qualified to assess threats to them than we are.

the Baltic states are very anti-Russian

some of the most anti-Russian people on the planet

because they hated being under Russian rule

and they know Russian revanchism puts them in the crosshairs

hence why they were so eager to join NATO

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the Baltic states are very anti-Russian

some of the most anti-Russian people on the planet

because they hated being under Russian rule

They were under the Soviet heel for almost 50 years. They know where the danger is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Britain may have left the EU but it is still one of the most powerful NATO members and biggest backers of Ukraine.

Is NATO really more powerful since its expansion to include the Baltic states? I think NATO is spreading out its forces thinner and angering what the west perceives as war-mongering Russia by expanding eastwards. Yes, Britain is powerful militarily, but history teaches us the more you spread out, the less powerful you are. If one is pro-Russia and not pro-west, then one has even more reason to believe NATO is a provocateur as it swallows former Soviet and Soviet satellite states. From either viewpoint, NATO expansion eastward is more likely a step towards war, not peace.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 500channelsurfer said:

Is NATO really more powerful since its expansion to include the Baltic states? I think NATO is spreading out its forces thinner and angering what the west perceives as war-mongering Russia by expanding eastwards. Yes, Britain is powerful militarily, but history teaches us the more you spread out, the less powerful you are. If one is pro-Russia and not pro-west, then one has even more reason to believe NATO is a provocateur as it swallows former Soviet and Soviet satellite states. From either viewpoint, NATO expansion eastward is more likely a step towards war, not peace.

peace through strength

if you want war

appeasement is the path

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2022 at 10:34 PM, athos said:

Russian state TV threatens nuclear strike on UK

Many people say that if Russia wipes out Great Satan (Great Britain), all wars in the world will disappear forever, and even animals will stop attacking each other.

 

The only reason that Russia would use nuclear weapons is when the western countries try and start a war with Russia. Putin may have no choice but too use nuclear weapons because he would no doubt know that Russia could be nuclear bombed first. Putin does not want to start a war with any country. If there is any country in the world that wants a war with Russia, it is the neocon and democrat warmongers in America and the military globalist establishment. No money to be made without wars. 

America should have stayed out of this feud between Russia and Ukraine. It was none of their bloody business to get involved. The only reason that has been explained on many alternative media websites is that Bidumb and the American government has been involved way too much with the corrupt Zelensky government in Ukraine. Bidumb and the American government is trying to keep all of their involvements in the Ukraine from getting out to they the American people. Hey, we never know, eh? 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 7:05 PM, sharkman said:

This issue is festering, and people would rather screech about the Jan 6 non-insurrection, or some other nonsense about Trump.

Nicaragua has announced that they are allowing the Russian military into their country for “humanitarian” missions, etc.

Is there anyone left on the left in this forum who can think critically?  This places the Russian military 1600 miles from the US border. 

The leftist liberal democrats screech all the time about Trump and the Jan.6 insurrection, but yet, the lefty liberal democrats are now screeching about having their own abortion insurrection over this abortion nonsense and decision. Maxine Waters is now trying to start an insurrection of her own by trying to get the buffoons with no brains that will listen to her to pretty much start rioting in the streets. These lefty liberals are always trying to foment insurrections when they do not agree with anything that displease their stupid lefty liberal idiocies. Liberalism is truly a very dangerous disease to have. Sadly, there are many here that have that liberal disease. 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

peace through strength

Spreading out NATO through too many countries (and very unfortunately this means the Baltic states) is weakness: History teaches us the more you spread out, the less powerful you are. Had NATO not been on Ukraine's doorstep, no appeasement would have even been in the question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, taxme said:

The leftist liberal democrats screech all the time about Trump and the Jan.6 insurrection, but yet, the lefty liberal democrats are now screeching about having their own abortion insurrection over this abortion nonsense and decision. Maxine Waters is now trying to start an insurrection of her own by trying to get the buffoons with no brains that will listen to her to pretty much start rioting in the streets. These lefty liberals are always trying to foment insurrections when they do not agree with anything that displease their stupid lefty liberal idiocies. Liberalism is truly a very dangerous disease to have. Sadly, there are many here that have that liberal disease. 🙄

Remember when America used to be united for the spread of freedom and democracy regardless of Democrat vs Republican? Where is THAT America now that it is needed?

Whatever the cause, internal fighting leading to inability to show international strength results in appeasement and weakening of international institutions and norms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...