Are we being gaslighted by the leftists?

West

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sure there's support for believing the contention there's bribery and number fudging and such going on but you still need proof of evidence especially against the 'machine'.  We have nothing.

No you don't. All you need to justify a message board opinion that there's a motivation behind dirty deeds is a rationale for believing it.  But as promised if you want links, I'll give you some.

You seem to admit by avoidance of the subject you know big pharma made out like bandits from what some call a "vaccine," but you tell us you require proof that they might conspire like bandits to acquire the booty. Apparently it's just a coincidence that Big Pharma worked for years developing mRNA technology and now they're making billions from it. Then there's the idea that a past business model of dirty deeds might still be active today is reasonable. That and more all adds up.

First of all does Big Pharma have the power to influence public opinion by greasing the wheels of those that have influence. And does it put a lot of time and treasure into acquiring it. Here's one small example of that:

Let's do this one example at a time though, and let the evidence build up.

Next we'll be going into how the movers and influencers go back and forth in employment between media, politics and Big Pharma. We'll be asking ourselves why Big Pharma might want to orchestrate that.

Then we'll be going into past Big Pharma misdeeds and ask ourselves if we really believe they've learned their lesson.

And so on...

Eventually it will all add up. Kind of reminds me of back in the day when I tried to show people how bat soup from a wet market that doesn't serve bats, in a geographical area that doesn't even have the species of bat necessary to transfer the virus doesn't make sense. It makes less sense when we knew there was a biolab up the road doing gain of function research on just such a bat.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Speaking of bullshit but....force-vaxxing?

Bwahahahahaha! 

Yes. 

There are actual, serious consequences of not vaxing.

My son was invited to play in a baseball tournament last year but he couldn't due to his vaccine status.

He's an elite player in BC. He has been a starting pitcher and a closing pitcher in provincial finals and semi-finals. He actually works really hard to get those opportunities and it's a very big deal to have them taken away just for refusing to take a pseudo-vax with harmful side-effects which provides no benefit to him whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

No you don't. All you need to justify a message board opinion that there's a motivation behind dirty deeds is a rationale for believing it. 

Really? It's no wonder you people will fall for anything.

Me, I want to hear for myself what's discussed during the meetings  where the government is influenced to tilt the playing field.  What's so very strange is that despite all your mistrust you people don't. Perhaps this explains why good quality evidence is usually so lacking from you.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

You and 3/4 of the other hypocrites around here call Canadians Nazis too.

Notwithstanding the fact your family is actually linked to them.  I've always realized this isn't your fault and I hope you get some solace from knowing you're not alone because we're all Nazis now.

You are also free to join your leader. Lots of room in the bunker.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes. 

My son was invited to play in a baseball tournament last year but he couldn't due to his vaccine status.

He's an elite player in BC. He has been a starting pitcher and a closing pitcher in provincial finals and semi-finals. He actually works really hard to get those opportunities and it's a very big deal to have them taken away just for refusing to take a pseudo-vax with harmful side-effects which provides no benefit to him whatsoever. 

Is this due to you refusing to vaccinate him? There are definitely consequences to having an anti-vaxxer in your family. My son and his wife refuse to vaccinate our grand-daughter, against anything. Thankfully she understands not being able to visit with us has had more to do with our greater vulnerability.

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You are also free to join your leader. Lots of room in the bunker.

Oh come on, are you trying to tell me you're not sealed into your old cold war bomb shelter yourself? Lol!

I'm outside in nice weather bad mouthing Trudeau to my hearts content with nary a squad of police bearing down on me in sight any where.

You need to get a grip old man. Get outside once in awhile too.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

i dunno about that if the ppc ever got into power they would even be stricter then the cons  are on religion etc.

Stricter how, have they declared liberal are heretics to be burned at the stake, not sure how the cons are strict about religion ? 

On 2/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, West said:

Some ridiculous arguments I hear from leftists on here: 

1. I have a right to deny you basic human rights because the majority agrees with me

2. Government mandates such as making it illegal for someone to treat an unvaccinated person with dignity by allowing them to sit at a table in a restaurant or firing someone over a jab aren't actually an infringement on bodily autonomy. 

3. Governments intruding into your personal finances for giving to a protest that they disagree with aren't actually a violation of your privacy or human rights. 

4. You can protest but only as long as the government allows you to. Failure to accept that makes you a radical and a treasonous individual. 

5. God is okay with human rights violation because he supports all governments no matter their actions. 

6. Coercing someone to do something against their will is totally fine and not a violation of human rights. 

7. You are selfish for wanting autonomy over your body free from government coercion and manipulation. 

8. A healthy person not staying home or wearing a mask is akin to killing a grandmother. 

Are we being gaslight by the left?

The majority argument I find the scariest.  What about the American south as an example.  They preached in their churches that they had a god Given right to have slaves.  Were they right to deny human rights to African slaves because they all agreed?

On 2/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, dialamah said:

Bet every single one of you anti-vax are ok with laws dictating what people of faith can wear. 

Nope because its window dressing.  Not getting to the heart of the problem.  People can wear what they like until they get into a voting booth - and then they damn well need to remove that face covering.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, Nexii said:

The thing is the right hasn't really been that much better. They don't want people to be able to decide themselves on things like abortion, hormone medications for transgenders, marijuana, etc.

Only lately has the left become more authoritarian and terrifying. I can't back the Libs or NDP as they have gone off the woke deep end. However, can I really back the CPC when god knows what the religious whacko wing of the party will try to pass to make my life harder?

Right now the PPC is probably the best choice which is a bit scary too

If you support liberty then a gay person should be allowed to listen to someone counselling them otherwise.  And we have laws against murder.   Why do you support murder?

Just now, Faramir said:

If you support liberty then a gay person should be allowed to listen to someone counselling them otherwise.  And we have laws against murder.   Why do you support murder?

I'm fine with 'conversion therapy' for adults actually. Even though it's pointless snake oil, you can't change your sexual orientation by willpower or brainwashing. It's minors who don't have a say to refuse where I'm against it.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes. 

BC Public Service and the RCMP are firing people who won't vaccinate.

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Me, I want to hear for myself what's discussed during the meetings  where the government is influenced to tilt the playing field.  

Well I can't get you into backroom meetings where Big Pharma discusses their dirty deeds but I can show you this and many more like it:

Dr. Robert Califf, President Biden's pick to lead the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, made millions as a consultant for more than a dozen pharmaceutical corporations and holds millions more in Big Pharma investments.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/biden-robert-califf-fda-big-pharma-investments/

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Is this due to you refusing to vaccinate him? There are definitely consequences to having an anti-vaxxer in your family.

He's vaccinated, he just doesn't have the covid "vaccine", which isn't great in general but is completely useless for kids his age. 

My son and his wife refuse to vaccinate our grand-daughter, against anything.

They're actual anti-vaxers. That's not a very good choice imo, but the fact that 95% of kids in Canada are vaccinated here helps create herd immunity which will likely keep her safe, as long as she doesn't travel abroad. 

Thankfully she understands not being able to visit with us has had more to do with our greater vulnerability.

Maybe she just pretends that she's not vaccinated?

On 2/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, West said:

Some ridiculous arguments I hear from leftists on here.......

The problem is the media is with them.  So I can't listen to the radio any more, can't read CBC or watch the news; it is just so aggravating to expose myself to any of their rhetoric. 

Some B*  or SOB is telling me what they "think" and how outraged they are with the occupation of their city, seeing swastikas or whatever, completely missing the point or twisting reality in their already twisted minds.

Disgusting!

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Well I can't get you into backroom meetings where Big Pharma discusses their dirty deeds but I can show you this and many more like it:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/biden-robert-califf-fda-big-pharma-investments/

Been there done that with examples of fishing company executives, DFO officials and revolving doors 25 - 30 years ago.

You know what happened?  I was called a commie, a fascist and a Nazi by the usual suspects.

It's just too bad we couldn't get a 100000 people to descend on Ottawa to demand and end to the secrecy of back rooms. Now if there was anything that would trigger tanks advancing at high speed on crowds of people it would be that.

Given the disdain the bulk of you clowns have for holding your betters to account I expect you'd be cheering for the tanks.

28 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Been there done that with examples of fishing company executives, DFO officials and revolving doors 25 - 30 years ago.

You know what happened?  I was called a commie, a fascist and a Nazi by the usual suspects.

It's just too bad we couldn't get a 100000 people to descend on Ottawa to demand and end to the secrecy of back rooms. Now if there was anything that would trigger tanks advancing at high speed on crowds of people it would be that.

Given the disdain the bulk of you clowns have for holding your betters to account I expect you'd be cheering for the tanks.

Commie, fascist and Nazi are now the go to labels for the lazy who want to shut down discussion because they don't have another argument. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

He's vaccinated, he just doesn't have the covid "vaccine", which isn't great in general but is completely useless for kids his age.

If a kid's unvaccinated status prevents their being able to participate in certain activities it's their parent's decisions forcing this consequence on their kid.  The parents are who have the choice. I suppose they could choose to let their kid decide, it's entirely up to them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If a kid's unvaccinated status prevents their being able to participate in certain activities it's their parent's decisions forcing this consequence on their kid.  The parents are who have the choice. I suppose they could choose to let their kid decide, it's entirely up to them.

https://thecovidworld.com/dads-tearful-plea-for-answers-about-his-sons-death-after-receiving-pfizer-vaccine-all-he-wanted-to-do-was-play-hockey/

There's no chance that they will ever blame Pfizer for this death. It was just some random shit, right? Ongoing investigation.... nothin' yet. Just keep watching the news, they'll draw your attention to something else.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Commie, fascist and Nazi are now the go to labels for the lazy who want to shut down discussion because they don't have another argument. 

NOW?  They've been the go to for decades.  Following 9/11 Islamo fill-in-blank was in vogue for a short while and don't forget your enviro Nazis and what have you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

https://thecovidworld.com/dads-tearful-plea-for-answers-about-his-sons-death-after-receiving-pfizer-vaccine-all-he-wanted-to-do-was-play-hockey/

There's no chance that they will ever blame Pfizer for this death. It was just some random shit, right? Ongoing investigation.... nothin' yet. Just keep watching the news, they'll draw your attention to something else.

Everyone is aware of the exceedingly slight risk inherent to vaccinating all and even more aware of the far more risky alternative of vaccinating none.  In the meantime no one is forcing anyone into a state of no choice whatsoever.  Some consequences suck harder than others, it just is what it is.

8 hours ago, Faramir said:

The majority argument I find the scariest.  What about the American south as an example.  They preached in their churches that they had a god Given right to have slaves.  Were they right to deny human rights to African slaves because they all agreed?

That's what i mean

Also the profit at all costs argument.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Everyone is aware of the exceedingly slight risk inherent to vaccinating all and even more aware of the far more risky alternative of vaccinating none.  In the meantime no one is forcing anyone into a state of no choice whatsoever.  Some consequences suck harder than others, it just is what it is.

Who's saying "vaccinate none"? What we are saying is that you shouldn't be coerced or manipulated into something you don't want. Used to be a reasonable argument...