Is a Free Canada in the World's Interest?

West

I hear alot of people making a big deal about old ladies in Texas sending the trucker convoy some money. 

I would submit to you that it's in the world's interest that Canada is a free nation. Many countries look to Canada to lead the way on Civil rights issues and peace keeping missions and being a voice for human rights. When our nation strips away basic human rights such as having fair access to services because of a private medical decision, then Canadians have an obligation to clean up the filth in our own back yard. 

As other nations look to Canada to lead the way on personal freedoms, I can see why people would donate to a cause that's promoting and upholding human rights for all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West said:

I hear alot of people making a big deal about old ladies in Texas sending the trucker convoy some money. 

I would submit to you that it's in the world's interest that Canada is a free nation. Many countries look to Canada to lead the way on Civil rights issues and peace keeping missions and being a voice for human rights. When our nation strips away basic human rights such as having fair access to services because of a private medical decision, then Canadians have an obligation to clean up the filth in our own back yard. 

As other nations look to Canada to lead the way on personal freedoms, I can see why people would donate to a cause that's promoting and upholding human rights for all. 

Freedom in Canada is being demonized by our government.  When that happens and protesting the arbitrary removal of our Charter rights is illegal, I’m not sure where we go from here.  Do people want to live in that kind of a country?

24 minutes ago, West said:

You seem to be. 

Many small transactions from freedom lovers around the world and you act like it's some foreign takeover

Like I asked you before, how would you feel if it was an Indigenous protest blocking a pipeline or something,  and the protestors were being funded by individual Chinese donors?  

I think this is my third time asking and you keep dodging the question.  

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Like I asked you before, how would you feel if it was an Indigenous protest blocking a pipeline or something,  and the protestors were being funded by individual Chinese donors?  

And I've already answered that question by explaining to you that foreign money lobbies the government all the time. Only when it's not in the interest of the powerful is there an issue with it it seems. 

Big foreign money has polluted the system for years. I am totally fine to see the little guy fight for his rights over the Pfizers and Modernas

Edited by West

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You answered a question I wasn't asking for an argument I wasn't making, and then refused to answer the question I DID ask.  

Great!

Well considering the donations have nothing to do with the blockades at the border not sure I get your point anyway. 

So you understand.. 

There are different protests going on all looking for the same thing but not organized by the same people. 

The 9million USD is for a nonprofit Freedom Convoy 2022. They are in Ottawa. 

The border crossing protests have separate organizers and aren't directly related to the group in Ottawa. 

So your point about blockades is irrelevant to the givesendgo. This was the group that inspired the world by a cross-Canada convoy for freedom. 

2 hours ago, West said:

It might surprise Canadians that we are not all of that and a cup of tea...you say we lead in human rights, and yet we have stepped on our indigenous throats with our boots for way to long, in some cases never giving them "any" rights, Civil or human... and it does not stop at our indigenous population... 

The peacekeeping thing is a myth, made up by some politician so they would not have to fully fund our military, the fact remains Canada's military forces have been involved in way more combat operations than peace keeping missions, todays government promised more UN missions, and we have gone on a few, but nothing like Justin promised...in fact our peace keeping missions have all but fallen off to almost zero for years now...

Our prisoners locked up in prison are treated better than our Vets, (military, RCMP, Coast guard, CSIS)  prisoners  have access to all the medical / mental health treatments they need, education is paid, they are feed 3 times a day, they have employment when wanted, and they are paid... and some murders even get full military pensions with out serving one day in the military.  and Vets who cares right.. they are asking more than we can give right now...

We need to declared an emergency measures to quell a protest, we need to vilify those that don't agree with the majority, be it protestors or unvaccinated, along with a million other topics...our own government needs to tell lies to sway public opinion

I really don't think that many countries look up to us at all and say thats who we want to be like, at most they will tell us we are friendly, and it is cold up here...  

59 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I don't like the truckers blocking roads or borders or honking horns all day but not every one of them are involved in that. I think governments have much more tolerance for pipeline protests and every kind of environmental protest. If it's a protest by "people of colour" they have a lot of leeway to do what they want.

Just now, ironstone said:

I don't like the truckers blocking roads or borders or honking horns all day but not every one of them are involved in that. I think governments have much more tolerance for pipeline protests and every kind of environmental protest. If it's a protest by "people of colour" they have a lot of leeway to do what they want.

Painting people with a broad brush so that you can discredit legitimate concerns. 

Labelling supporters as "insurrectionists" and "terrorists" isn't helpful to the public discourse. 

I know people who went to this protest. They are good, honest, hard working people. Some are fully vaccinated. They just don't want to see the hatred, job losses and medical apartheid that has been created by politicians  

26 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It might surprise Canadians that we are not all of that and a cup of tea...you say we lead in human rights, and yet we have stepped on our indigenous throats with our boots for way to long, in some cases never giving them "any" rights, Civil or human... and it does not stop at our indigenous population... 

The peacekeeping thing is a myth, made up by some politician so they would not have to fully fund our military, the fact remains Canada's military forces have been involved in way more combat operations than peace keeping missions, todays government promised more UN missions, and we have gone on a few, but nothing like Justin promised...in fact our peace keeping missions have all but fallen off to almost zero for years now...

Our prisoners locked up in prison are treated better than our Vets, (military, RCMP, Coast guard, CSIS)  prisoners  have access to all the medical / mental health treatments they need, education is paid, they are feed 3 times a day, they have employment when wanted, and they are paid... and some murders even get full military pensions with out serving one day in the military.  and Vets who cares right.. they are asking more than we can give right now...

We need to declared an emergency measures to quell a protest, we need to vilify those that don't agree with the majority, be it protestors or unvaccinated, along with a million other topics...our own government needs to tell lies to sway public opinion

I really don't think that many countries look up to us at all and say thats who we want to be like, at most they will tell us we are friendly, and it is cold up here...  

We've certainly got our issues as evidenced by our current Prime Minister invoking an Emergency Act on protesters raising legitimate human rights complaints. 

8 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Doxxing is what the left wingers do. They act as if its "investigative journalism" but in reality it's them being crazy lunatics and trying to get people hurt

3 hours ago, West said:

We don't care about those lots of people.  The problem is it is the government using all tools at their disposal to discredit the protesters.

If they , the supposedly "democratically elected"  call someone a "terrorist", we are supposed to believe them and tag along.

Although the picture might be just the opposite - people fighting for their established democratic rights against a mafia style government of terrorists.

10 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So you have no issues with old ladies in California donating to environmental causes in Alberta then?

I think the difference is that those donating to the trucker protest face a very real danger of being doxxed or even losing their jobs because of it. Anyone that donates to Antifa , BLM or any kind of radical protests typical of leftists face no risk in doing so.

18 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So you have no issues with old ladies in California donating to environmental causes in Alberta then?

Open Society very likely funded the Wet'sewet'en protests. This even in opposition to the band members democratic wishes of prosperity. 

Where's the outrage?

Edited by West

2 hours ago, West said:

And I've already answered that question by explaining to you that foreign money lobbies the government all the time. Only when it's not in the interest of the powerful is there an issue with it it seems. 

Big foreign money has polluted the system for years. I am totally fine to see the little guy fight for his rights over the Pfizers and Modernas

Doesn't answer the question.