What are the options to remove Justin Trudeau?

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I ws asking about work experience and educational experience as the criteria for the position of PM, since that was what the criticism was.  

Do I think there are other criteria more important than that for PM, some of which you listed?  Yes.

So my question is…. If Conservative supporters don’t mind PP having even less eduction/work experience outside of being a career politician, why is it so important to Conservative supporters regarding the current PM? 

Well i guess i should remind you as well that it is WAS instead of ws , and EDUCATION vice eduction. I'll give that one for free...

There are plenty more criteria, but is seems today if you have a couple thats fine, the quality of our political leaders has gone down hill for some time now, the conservative parties quest is but one example. 

* one should note he was a volunteer at the sexual Assault center, a direct tie in with the whole groping thing 

Trudeau attended McGill University, where he was a member of the debating team and a volunteer in the student society’s Sexual Assault Centre. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in English literature in 1994, he spent a year travelling overseas. He returned to McGill, where he studied to become a teacher. Before completing his degree, Trudeau moved to Whistler, British Columbia, where he became a snowboarding instructor and worked as a bouncer at a nightclub. After several months, he returned to teacher’s college, this time to the University of British Columbia, where he earned a Bachelor of Education degree in 1998.

After working as a substitute teacher in Coquitlam, BC, he found a permanent position at West Point Grey Academy, a private school in Vancouver, where he primarily taught French and math. Eventually he moved to the public school system, teaching at Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in Vancouver.

lets not forget this part...

Between 2002 and 2007 Trudeau returned to Montreal to study first engineering at the University of Montreal’s École Polytechnique, and then environmental geography at McGill. He did not complete either program, turning instead to advocacy work.

This could be telling he is a career student, i mean he comes from a wealthy background does not really need a job, and he does not finish everything he started, either to hard or boring. Just one question of all this education and work experience what would have prepared him to be PM. 

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Well i guess i should remind you as well that it is WAS instead of ws , and EDUCATION vice eduction. I'll give that one for free...

There are plenty more criteria, but is seems today if you have a couple thats fine, the quality of our political leaders has gone down hill for some time now, the conservative parties quest is but one example. 

* one should note he was a volunteer at the sexual Assault center, a direct tie in with the whole groping thing 

lets not forget this part...

This could be telling he is a career student, i mean he comes from a wealthy background does not really need a job, and he does not finish everything he started, either to hard or boring. Just one question of all this education and work experience what would have prepared him to be PM. 

Where did I say he was a good PM?  

Do you think Poilievre has more or less work experience than Trudeau?  Does it matter to you about work experience?

19 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think everyone is either “left” or “right”?  Could there be people who are a bit more nuanced than what you assume they are?  

If your trying to convince me your a Conservative, i find that hard to believe, and yes there is the center, but out of todays political parties which one is center ? 

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Where did I say he was a good PM?  

Do you think Poilievre has more or less work experience than Trudeau?  Does it matter to you about work experience?

Actually you asked if education and work experience was important, and yes if it was in the fields that the PM deals with it would make a big difference. I asked you do you think Justin degree in English lit helped him any...

No i would say Justin current work experience would give he a leg up, he is after all the PM and has be doing the job or what ever you call it for some time now. And in saying that just becasue someone has been doing the job does not mean Pierre would or could not do  a better job. 

I think Pierre over all work experience has given him a better well rounded experience. 

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

If your trying to convince me your a Conservative, i find that hard to believe, and yes there is the center, but out of todays political parties which one is center ? 

I never claimed to be anything, did I?  I asked if you thought everyone was either left or right… and if there was room for nuance in a person’s political views.  

Centrist party?  I would ask myself…. Would Harper’s Conservatives be handling the pandemic response differently than the current Liberals?  Given the way they handled the fiscal crisis when in power, I would have to say that the evidence would point to the responses probably being very similar.  Quite centrist.  Is there a “centrist party?  No.  Did both parties in power the last 20 years govern very similarly in many respects (centrist)?  Yes.

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Actually you asked if education and work experience was important, and yes if it was in the fields that the PM deals with it would make a big difference. I asked you do you think Justin degree in English lit helped him any...

No i would say Justin current work experience would give he a leg up, he is after all the PM and has be doing the job or what ever you call it for some time now. And in saying that just becasue someone has been doing the job does not mean Pierre would or could not do  a better job. 

I think Pierre over all work experience has given him a better well rounded experience. 

Work experience outside of government?   This is the criticism I seem to hear…. Trudeau was a drama teacher and then PM.  If that’s an issue, then PP being…. What?…. Before an MP should equally be an issue.  Haven’t we heard that “career politicians” are a bad thing?

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I never claimed to be anything, did I?  I asked if you thought everyone was either left or right… and if there was room for nuance in a person’s political views.  

Centrist party?  I would ask myself…. Would Harper’s Conservatives be handling the pandemic response differently than the current Liberals?  Given the way they handled the fiscal crisis when in power, I would have to say that the evidence would point to the responses probably being very similar.  Quite centrist.  Is there a “centrist party?  No.  Did both parties in power the last 20 years govern very similarly in many respects (centrist)?  Yes.

No you did not,  I claimed your status as i did with the other gentlemen you were posting with, you telling me I'm wrong ?

There are many ways this could have been handled, the question should be did we need to spend 450 bil to get to this point.. And in my opinion about the fiscal crises, was handled all right, they did hand the Liberals a surplus did they not. 

Then the question would be if you were a centrist then what party would you support, Lets be honest The Liberal campaign was one of the best I've seen, they convinced most Canadians that voting for the conservatives was bad, they would take away all those social programs we still don't have, they would be guns in the streets, the abortion issue would be reopened, they convinced them your arms would fall off if you voted Cons...the second Campaign had similar tones to it, but not everyone fell for it...I would not say harper was a centrist, 

16 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Work experience outside of government?   This is the criticism I seem to hear…. Trudeau was a drama teacher and then PM.  If that’s an issue, then PP being…. What?…. Before an MP should equally be an issue.  Haven’t we heard that “career politicians” are a bad thing?

I've been guilty of saying just that, But then again I asked do you think his education/ work experience helped him in any way while being PM ? or do you think Name recognition is what got him the seat...

And no i have not heard that, I'm not a Pierre man myself, but i do think his experience would be a positive thing while becoming the PM.  

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

do you think his education/ work experience helped him in any way while being PM ?

I don’t know enough about his work experience to know…. But I think being PM is more about managing people and listening to the correct advice to implement your policies.  

Did Harper have any more work experience prior to being elected as a politician at the age of 29 that helped him as PM?

or do you think Name recognition is what got him the seat...

Maybe?  I’m not sure they ‘why’ really matters.  

Pierre man myself, but i do think his experience would be a positive thing while becoming the PM.  

What experience outside of government does he have that would be positive?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I don’t know enough about his work experience to know…. But I think being PM is more about managing people and listening to the correct advice to implement your policies.  

Did Harper have any more work experience prior to being elected as a politician at the age of 29 that helped him as PM?

Maybe?  I’m not sure they ‘why’ really matters.  

Man management is one of the key skills to have, leadership skills, Job knowledge, experience, being charismatic, loyalty to the nation , honesty, being able to surround yourself with the right people, listening is another key skill.  All skills they should have. 

I'm going to say yes, Harper started in politics after graduation...   

I think after today once the pictures and clips are shared and reshared Trudeau is going to lose his lustre. Sure some folks are still scared and confused by propaganda, but he's just not cool anymore, not like couple of months back when there were no questions nor alternatives. The Libs could try to think forward and do something to this end, a new face and a new, more optimistic and inclusive narrative. But not sure is it possible even theoretically. Another interesting pandemic test.

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Or Scheer.... insurance salesman for a bit
O'Toole - corporate lawyer for Proctor & Gamble ...

and now Pierre Poilievre who people seem to like ... I can't find anything on his Wikipedia bio that says he has ever had a job outside politics.... 

So - yeah ...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Or Scheer.... insurance salesman for a bit
O'Toole - corporate lawyer for Proctor & Gamble ...

and now Pierre Poilievre who people seem to like ... I can't find anything on his Wikipedia bio that says he has ever had a job outside politics.... 

So - yeah ...

An MP since he was 24 years old. 

Conservatives - is “real world” experience important in a PM?

7 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

1. An MP since he was 24 years old. 

2. Conservatives - is “real world” experience important in a PM?

1. Ah... a real WORKING MAN.  As Canadian as a pelt trader I say !!!!  A real MAN OF THE PEOPLE.

2. Of course!  And never consider TEACHING to be work.  Trudeau taught math, drama and French for Christ's sake!  That's worse than licking subway grates for a living, of course.  Every Canadian looks down at their kid's teacher as being a horrific idiot and clown who is openly scorned.

• Haha 1

It seems that Canada social developmentally is stuck somewhere in the 18th century, not only by the intelligence and ability of public governance but also public psyche. Bad king versus good king narrative. Let's switch the face at the top and things will go back to normal (where they haven't been for decades).

Edited by myata

On 2/4/2022 at 11:01 PM, TrudeauSucks said:

With Canada on the verge of hyperinflation, it's clear that we can't afford four more years of Justin Trudeau. How can Canadians remove him from office?

We're not on the verge of hyperinflation, or even anything close to hyperinflation.  That term is a bogeyman word that 4dchan conspiracy clowns bandy around without understanding what it means or how it comes to be.  Explaining monetary policy to those folks is a lost cause though.  As far as they're concerned, the money-printing machines are just going brrrrrrrrrr! and that means that the $ is going to lose 50% of its value per year or...something.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Has pierre groped a reporter,

Gone black face as an adult 3 times

Been to the ethics commissionaire 3 times and now has the record.

SNC scandal,

Who pushed Jody Wilson-Raybould, then minister of justice and attorney general, to find a solution that didn’t involve SNC-Lavalin standing trial and a criminal conviction that would have barred them from receiving government contracts in Canada. Then pushed her out actually fired her for not doing something illegal.

Self proclaimed feminist

WE scandal

attacking legal gun owners.. by out right lying to Canadians 

Ya he is a stand up guy..

It says a lot about those who continue to support Trudeau even with his dismal record as Prime Minister. Too many Canadians think of politics as a team sport and they'll support their "team" no matter how awful they are.

The bar is set really low for Trudeau.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

We're not on the verge of hyperinflation, or even anything close to hyperinflation.  That term is a bogeyman word that 4dchan conspiracy clowns bandy around without understanding what it means or how it comes to be.  Explaining monetary policy to those folks is a lost cause though.  As far as they're concerned, the money-printing machines are just going brrrrrrrrrr! and that means that the $ is going to lose 50% of its value per year or...something.  

I agree inflation is just started to go up, but where is it going to stop is the question ? Well we have spent more than 450 bil so far in the last 3 years, the printing machines must be spinning pretty fast as Justin is not done yet with many more bils to come...Many experts have said that amount of debt is effecting our inflation, and if not what is the magic number or is there a line in the sand, or can we just keep going forever... without any cause or effect. and if it does not have any effect why have we not down so in the past we could have built the nation similar to the Saudi / UAE empires, streets paved with gold etc... 

23 hours ago, -TSS- said:

In Australia he would have already been kicked out. They seem to have a different political culture whereby being PM doesn't protect you from being kicked out as party-leader, which means you are no longer PM.

Good or bad, I don't know, but a different political culture. Even though in parliamentarism PMs are not elected there should be a high threshold to throw out a leader who has led a party to an election-victory.

Oz is not a good model to follow. Many of their coups have been motivated by spite and petty ambition within parties. The people have spoken recently, albeit under our anachronistic FPTP system, and they chose Trudeau again. 

14 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

An MP since he was 24 years old. 

Conservatives - is “real world” experience important in a PM?

I think it’s overrated. If I had to choose between a leader with no political experience and nothing but political experience, the latter would get my nod. Politics is a fiendishly difficult line of work to master. Thinking just anybody can walk in from the ‘real world’ and do better is like buying a restaurant because you like the food there. Polievre ain’t my cup of tea, obviously, but by any standard he’s well qualified for the job and has proven that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I think it’s overrated. If I had to choose between a leader with no political experience and nothing but political experience, the latter would get my nod. Politics is a fiendishly difficult line of work to master. Thinking just anybody can walk in from the ‘real world’ and do better is like buying a restaurant because you like the food there. Polievre ain’t my cup of tea, obviously, but by any standard he’s well qualified for the job and has proven that. 

I agree.  But isn’t the criticism by Conservative supporters of Trudeau that he was “just a drama teacher”?  

The drama teacher seems to have way more work experience than Pierre Poilievre, no?

• Thanks 1