Trucker's Convoy

West

On 8/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, dialamah said:

Pretty sure fear and crisis persuaded people into bomb shelters when an air raid sirens went off in the second world war.  But if you don't believe Covid was a crisis, then you'll only ever see the measures taken as some kind of manipulation.  From the other side, I feel as free as I ever did.  The mask mandates/lockdowns/social distancing measures have been lifted - as I always expected, even when some on here were predicting a plot to move this country into totalitarianism with permanent lockdowns and "passports".  That didn't happen, and now the same people have upped the ante to some plan to kill billions. 

Which kind of begs the question - why not let Covid kill a bunch of people, then intro the vaccine to finish the job.  If the vaccine is to kill people, why wait?  Surely it would be more effective to kill billions quickly - think of the fear that would generate, and the leverage for control of any survivors.

If there is some plot afoot to kill billions and take over, it's pretty poorly done.

Ladies and gentlemen...

THIS is a PERFECT example of something I've been harping on. This person will blindly wonder right off a cliff, if the powers that be tell her to do so. Of course...she'll be at the back of the line and while others take the "leap of science", what was forcefully denied and silenced...will boil to the top and become evident. At that point...this person and all those like her in that line of doom, will be heard saying as they leave the line-up...

"But how was I to know?"

And we'll all look down the cliff at the hill of the dead below and...there will be many who experience an urge...to toss these lemmings to join their creed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Trump lost the popular vote and lost in 2020. 

In the last 30 years the Republicans have actually only won a National popular vote once. In 2004, where Dubya rode a wave of support from his handling of 9/11, even though he had entered the country into a quagmire in Iraq. 

Your point being?

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Your point being?

I was responding to DoP's post about Trump's victory in 2016, which was his response to my question as to which Developed and/or Western Democracy has a populace that would support such populists politicians like PP in significant enough numbers to form a government. 

The US has a vibrant Conservative populace, but they still have only won three national elections this century and lost the popular vote in two of them. 

The GOP win elections because of the Electoral College, not because their politics are overwhelmingly popular. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

"This is indicative of a population that" has seen and heard the politicians speak.

Maybe the politicians are solely responsible for their own image?

I laugh that you and Boges illustrate the problem.  I don’t even really consider myself especially conservative yet I see how an ideological outlook has become entrenched in Canada.  

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

I was responding to DoP's post about Trump's victory in 2016, which was his response to my question as to which Developed and/or Western Democracy has a populace that would support such populists politicians like PP in significant enough numbers to form a government. 

The US has a vibrant Conservative populace, but they still have only won three national elections this century and lost the popular vote in two of them. 

The GOP win elections because of the Electoral College, not because their politics are overwhelmingly popular. 

Well I can answer that question.

Canada.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I laugh that you and Boges illustrate the problem.  I don’t even really consider myself especially conservative yet I see how an ideological outlook has become entrenched in Canada.  

What problem? Why laugh?

All politicians have to sell themselves to the public.

Leaders of political parties have to present an image (and ideology) to the voters, not just a few faithful, but to all.

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

PP is pretty active on Social Media. Any Canadian has access to his message unfiltered. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

You have no evidence to support that. 

We'll see I suppose, but the recent polling shows that 2/3 of Canada actually have a negative view of such politics. 

And I'm sure the poll you refer to says Canadians and just tickety-boo with the horse chips Pixie_Dust has dropped on them.

Just now, Nationalist said:

And I'm sure the poll you refer to says Canadians and just tickety-boo with the horse chips Pixie_Dust has dropped on them.

Maybe not, but would prefer him to extremist politics of PP.

The poll is specific about how Canadians view a politician that shows support for the Convoy. 

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

What problem? Why laugh?

All politicians have to sell themselves to the public.

Leaders of political parties have to present an image (and ideology) to the voters, not just a few faithful, but to all.

You and Boges basically support the Liberals and say the Conservatives must be Liberals to get elected because the public wants Liberals.  Lol.  Feels like Canada is permanently screwed.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You and Boges basically support the Liberals and say the Conservatives must be Liberals to get elected because the public wants Liberals.  Lol.  Feels like Canada is permanently screwed.  

A circle back to my earlier question to you. 

What Developed nation is NOT screwed by your metric? 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Trump lost the popular vote and lost in 2020. 

In the last 30 years the Republicans have actually only won a National popular vote once. In 2004, where Dubya rode a wave of support from his handling of 9/11, even though he had entered the country into a quagmire in Iraq. 

The 'popular vote' isn't what makes a President in a Constitutional Republic....duh.

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You have it completely wrong. I have never voted Liberal. My hate for Pierre Trudeau still festers. As a Westerner, the liberals will never get my vote.

As much as you don't like or want to hear it, elections, especially for PM, are as much a popularity contest as for policy.

Canada is permanently screwed if the opposition cannot come up with a leader that everybody likes. Since last term of Harper, the cons have been a huge failure. Even you have to admit that. Or, if you don't wish top admit it, the proof is in front of your face. Say hello to Justin.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

The 'popular vote' isn't what makes a President in a Constitutional Republic....duh.

Nor does it allow for a Canadian party to form government. 

But it is a good indication of the relative national support for a party, especially in a two-party system. 

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

You have it completely wrong. I have never voted Liberal. My hate for Pierre Trudeau still festers. As a Westerner, the liberals will never get my vote.

As much as you don't like or want to hear it, elections, especially for PM, are as much a popularity contest as for policy.

Canada is permanently screwed if the opposition cannot come up with a leader that everybody likes. Since last term of Harper, the cons have been a huge failure. Even you have to admit that. Or, if you don't wish top admit it, the proof is in front of your face. Say hello to Justin.

It's a laughable lack of pragmatism from the Right. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What is extremist about PP?  Absolutely nothing.  You’re so brainwashed.  

Equating Pierre as the trucker politician is disingenuous. Many Canadians heard those vampires speak over at the WEF and did not like what plans they had in store for the 'useless eaters' of planet Earth. Trudeau supports the WEF 100%...hacking humans...reducing the population to a billion...monkey pox...you name it. Pierre does not.

It's our choice now. Vote for decency and humanity or vote for globalist elites and their fascist agenda.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Equating Pierre as the trucker politician is disingenuous. Many Canadians heard those vampires speak over at the WEF and did not like what plans they had in store for the 'useless eaters' of planet Earth. Trudeau supports the WEF 100%...hacking humans...reducing the population to a billion...monkey pox...you name it. Pierre does not.

It's our choice now. Vote for decency and humanity or vote for globalist elites and their fascist agenda.

So are you denying that PP supports the Truckers? Or are you simply stating support for the WEF is worse? 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

So are you denying that PP supports the Truckers? Or are you simply stating support for the WEF is worse? 

Since you're one of Justin's stooges, I support you for the gallows. I'll be there.

Edited by DogOnPorch

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

what good is the CPC winning

if they govern just like the LPC to stay in power?

riddle me that

Edited by Yzermandius19