no fears on earth

Ducimus

Edited by Dougie93

27 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the sun is setting now, down into the trees

at the going down of the sun, and in the morning

every day is remembrance day

For the Fallen

Poem by Robert Laurence Binyon (1869-1943), published in The Times newspaper on 21 September 1914.

With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.

Solemn the drums thrill: Death august and royal
Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres.
There is music in the midst of desolation
And a glory that shines upon our tears.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
They sleep beyond England's foam.

But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight,
To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
As the stars are known to the Night;

As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain,
As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
To the end, to the end, they remain.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

my wife forgot she was supposed to make me supper

she went golfing with her lady golfing buddies

now they are out ordering food and drinks at some restaurant

I'm down to my last beer, and I've had no supper

good thing I am stoned out of my gourd having been soaking in the pool for hours

otherwise I'd be annoyed

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

my wife forgot she was supposed to make me supper

she went golfing with her lady golfing buddies

now they are out ordering food and drinks at some restaurant

I'm down to my last beer, and I've had no supper

good thing I am stoned out of my gourd having been soaking in the pool for hours

otherwise I'd be annoyed

You need pizza

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You need pizza

nah,

it's Friday

I want fish

for the Fisherman

she'll just have to make me fish, whenever she gets home

in the meantime, I'm breaking out the strategic reserve

I've found a bottle of Lagavulin 16

$164.95 at the LCBO

perfect excuse to crack it open

Ready Aye Ready

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

oi

the Pipes & Drums of the 48th Highlanders of Canada

at the Highland Games in Fergus Ontario

playing the regimental slow march

called "The 48th Highlanders"

can't get more Upper Canadian than this

the protest is a party

:toasts:

I trie to find the 48th highlanders playing maple leaf forever/alberta bound. Classic.

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I trie to find the 48th highlanders playing maple leaf forever/alberta bound. Classic.

I'm going cottaging with my two best mates from the regiment next weekend

we haven't gotten together since before the lockdowns

we've got a lot of catching up to do, we live in a different Canada now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm going cottaging with my two best mates from the regiment next weekend

we haven't gotten together since before the lockdowns

we've got a lot of catching up to do, we live in a different Canada now

I just had a nice breakfast, hit some balls at the driving range, spent about ten minutes on the putting green, and then got my ass kicked by my wife. 

She had 5 pars and a birdie on 9 holes. I couldn't hit a green in regulation to save my life. 

Best of all, there's about 13 more hours left of this day to hear about it over and over agin lol ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I just had a nice breakfast, hit some balls at the driving range, spent about ten minutes on the putting green, and then got my ass kicked by my wife. 

She had 5 pars and a birdie on 9 holes. I couldn't hit a green in regulation to save my life. 

Best of all, there's about 13 more hours left of this day to hear about it over and over agin lol ?

I was up at dawn to enjoy the nice weather from the earliest opportunity

I had the nice breakfast

but I don't take the wife on in golf

she takes lessons, she goes golfing all the time

so I'm just kicking back in the sunshine,  drinking, smoking & spinning some tunes

it's gonna rain tomorrow

so I'm maxing out on deck, patio, backyard & pool, as the last days of summer slip away

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, WestCanMan said:

Don't feed the trolls.

EF even openly admits that he never has anything intelligent to say. 

But I have so much fun feeding the trolls here. I always enjoy showing them all as to just how dumb and really silly they can be. It's hard not to stop. LOL. Anyway, if the ex-Flyer(who probably has crashed way too many planes into the ground)had really something to say it would truly be a miracle. Just saying. ?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, Dougie93 said:

no, not a tribe

it made me feel good

to know that anyone can join us on the road to Calvary

no matter where you come from

no matter what you believed or didn't believe before

I once had a nightmare dream with Dolly Pardon in it. I dreamt that she bottle fed me. That was one scary nightmare alright. ?

Edited by taxme

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

But I have so much fun feeding the trolls here. I always enjoy showing them all as to just how dumb and really silly they can be. It's hard not to stop. LOL. Anyway, if the ex-Flyer(who probably has crashed way too many planes into the ground)had really something to say it would truly be a miracle. Just saying. ?

And I have so much fun watching the same old same old diatribes. Farting against thunder, heard only but those of the same ilk :)

The ten or so of you need to constant feeding and stroking of each other. How funny is that to watch :)

And waiting for me to agree, or even validate, with anything you say is as fruitless as an empty apple crate. You should ask to borrow Dougie93 army helmet with the strap because your tinfoil hats keep falling off.

I chum the waters and you guys keep on going for the bait.  Just saying. How sad :)

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

My wife once got herself a hole in one but we did not see it happen at the time. The hole was too far away. Anyway, when we both walked up to the tee and started to look for her ball we could not find it anywhere. Then my wife decided to look into the hole and there it was looking up at her.

Needles to say that my wife was one happy golfing wife that day. The wife never got mad at me once that day. It was a good day for me. It felt like I had a hole in one day myself. LOL. I can only dream about something like that ever happening to me. I could be waiting for a long time. Aw well. 

Sadly, for me now, my wife has past on and is hopefully in golf heaven right now and bragging about her hole in one up there with other golfers. Golfing will never be the same for me now. I lost my best golfing partner a man could ever have.

All I can say here is that enjoy your wife and your golfing with her because once they are gone they are gone for good. Even though we all have our little squabbles with each other now and then over pretty much nothing you must enjoy your every moment with each other because it becomes a lonely life once they are gone. Living alone now is the shits. ?

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

And I have so much fun watching the same old same old diatribes. Farting against thunder, heard only but those of the same ilk :)

The ten or so of you need to constant feeding and stroking of each other. How funny is that to watch :)

And waiting for me to agree, or even validate, with anything you say is as fruitless as an empty apple crate. You should ask to borrow Dougie93 army helmet with the strap because your tinfoil hats keep falling off.

I chum the waters and you guys keep on going for the bait.  Just saying. How sad :)

Get use to the same old diatribes because there are many more waiting to be delivered to you with a smile. ?

Talk about stroking? How many times a day do you stroke off your you know what? Got sore palms yet? Sorry, but I am not interested in watching you have fun with yourself. I prefer to talk to intelligent people who have something to truly say and tell the truth. Listening to your constant diatribes is not one of them. If you want to walk like a man then talk like a man. 

And waiting for me to ever agree with you or be validating anything you say here anymore is really fruitless alright and it truly has become an exercise in futility with you. And my tinfoil hat is working just fine for me thank you. I put it on every day just for you. Ha-ha. 

So, then you do admit it that you come here to only just "chum the waters" instead of coming here to debate with confidence and be able to back up whatever you try and preach here. The word chum troll sounds like a good word for you. ?

12 hours ago, taxme said:

Get use to the same old diatribes because there are many more waiting to be delivered to you with a smile. ?

Talk about stroking? How many times a day do you stroke off your you know what? Got sore palms yet? Sorry, but I am not interested in watching you have fun with yourself. I prefer to talk to intelligent people who have something to truly say and tell the truth. Listening to your constant diatribes is not one of them. If you want to walk like a man then talk like a man. 

And waiting for me to ever agree with you or be validating anything you say here anymore is really fruitless alright and it truly has become an exercise in futility with you. And my tinfoil hat is working just fine for me thank you. I put it on every day just for you. Ha-ha. 

So, then you do admit it that you come here to only just "chum the waters" instead of coming here to debate with confidence and be able to back up whatever you try and preach here. The word chum troll sounds like a good word for you. ?

Nice try. As feeble a retort as you have ever posted.

No, I try to have decent conversations but the narrow mindedness and obtuseness of some of you you( especially) make that a difficult task and so, I bait you (specifically) and you eat it up every time... like now. Smart fish learn and leave the chum alone :)

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Nice try. As feeble a retort as you have ever posted.

No, I try to have decent conversations but the narrow mindedness and obtuseness of some of you you( especially) make that a difficult task and so, I bait you (specifically) and you eat it up every time... like now. Smart fish learn and leave the chum alone :)

It's rare that a troll admits to being a troll.

R.thumb.jpg.9f1d0c8ba4ea275e990d31db9c30ecd2.jpg

31 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's rare that a troll admits to being a troll.

R.thumb.jpg.9f1d0c8ba4ea275e990d31db9c30ecd2.jpg

I don't troll and do try to have a decent conversation, even with those that I don't agree with or those that do not agree with me. That is what conversation is all about. But, if I get insulted or demeaned by retort, I will retaliate.

And honestly, if the retorts become absurd, I do like to egg on some of the posters here. Some are so gullible and righteous, it is not a challenge to get them to explode:)

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

"I bait you"

"I throw chum in the water"

"I retaliate"

"I get them to explode"

"This amuses me"

"I like to egg on other posters"

100% troll behaviour.

You’re a well-grounded person, so such trolling doesn’t work on you.  I figure eventually the trolls play themselves out.  

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

"I bait you"

"I throw chum in the water"

"I retaliate"

"I get them to explode"

"This amuses me"

"I like to egg on other posters"

100% troll behaviour.

100% correct. I respond. When baited and they bite, how can one stop fishing?

You and I just had a decent intelligent conversation. No name calling or demeaning statements even though we did not really agree on everything.

Anyway, Tit for tat :)

Edited by ExFlyer