Trucker's Convoy

West

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm thinking of opening a credit union account, transferring the bulk of my big name Bank accounts there but leaving nominal sums in my big name accounts to leave them open in case I need them for something.

3 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Maybe, but is your Prog epidemiologist the only one in the world now? Because I've seen any number of scientific papers and studies suggesting or outright stating that masks don't work.

And if you want to get technical the guy's quote you tried to stuff in claiming it was from a different article is identified as "Professor Emeritus." Emeritus is an honorary title for a retired academic. He doesn't appear to be up on the current literature.

Now as to the argument the second embedded link to the National Post article was the central point of the Spectator article. Bullshit.

The title of the Spectator article is "Trudeau’s totalitarian turn." The title of the National Post article is "Two-thirds of Canadians ready to drop COVID-19 restrictions."

Don't piss on our heads and tell us it's raining.

He doesn't even understand how news articles and references work.

Any scientific study would be waaaaaay over his head.

That's why he relies on MSM headlines for his information.

1 hour ago, myata said:

Useless pompous entitled and grossly overpaid nothings. We should have MPs paid by voluntary donations of citizens not paying themselves out of the public's pocket. When was an essential problem addressed and solved in the country? I couldn't care less what they are called. If there's a vote and their names are on the list it should be remembered for generations. Because the next Emergencies act could go on for "as long as necessary". They are already learning how it's said.

oh will you stop whining he is actually one of the better caring mp's in the house.. 

Just now, Infidel Dog said:

I'm thinking of opening a credit union account, transferring the bulk of my big name Bank accounts there but leaving nominal sums in my big name accounts to leave them open in case I need them for something.

I'm getting the last of my money out of Canadian banks, just finishing that up

in a crisis of confidence, gold is the place to be

6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Credit unions are subject to the act the same as the Chartered banks. I don't know what you think that will accomplish.

10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I withdrew a substantial amount of USD. Not ideal I know especially if these loons go digital. 

Can't trust Progs, man, but that's why I'm taking my time. Maybe the 

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The Spectator article is an OP, the NP article it refers to actually sources a poll for its content. 

And it's only a source supporting a lesser point that the majority of Canadians support lifting the mandates.

Even the bit from that you try to baffle us with BS from in that article does not contradict this more central point from the piece:

"The survey, conducted by Maru Public Opinion for Postmedia, revealed that 64 per cent of respondents believe that unless hospitals and intensive care units are affected by a sudden surge of COVID-19 patients that compromises the care of other people, governments should lift pandemic restrictions."

The central point of the Spectator article is not that but it would be fine with it.

Give up. Some of us have active BS detectors. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

exactly

you need to get out of paper currency altogether

As I understand it the actual legality of all this may be questionable and they're relying on compliance. The main banks are on board but credit unions are holding back.

I'm thinking now though that the solution may be to diversify. Credit Unions, gold and other precious metals, appreciating assets, crypto an American bank and so on.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

sell your crypto too

convert that into gold too

because crypto is a giant ponzi scheme

Gold has similar problems. Unless you're uber rich you're buying gold certificates, which are subject to a run like cash.

Probably your best bet is to buy equities on a variety of trading platforms. Equities are the only thing that is going to keep pace with inflation. Or non decpreciable assets like land.

1 minute ago, Nexii said:

Gold has similar problems. Unless you're uber rich you're buying gold certificates, which are subject to a run like cash.

Probably your best bet is to buy equities on a variety of trading platforms. Equities are the only thing that is going to keep pace with inflation. Or non decpreciable assets like land.

I'm holding physical gold in my safe

the stock market is an inflation induced massive bubble which is going to implode

I'm wondering if collectibles like books might be way to go.

Even if the Resetters are able to control the whole internet in the future and disappear mentions of lit like Huck Finn or To Kill a Mockingbird those collectibles should still have value.

Prog elite never obey their own rules so they'll want them and be willing to pay top dollar.

1 hour ago, West said:

When you are denied the basic human dignity over what's injected into your own body at the threat of job loss, we are no longer living in a free country 

You're completely free to find a job that doesn't require you to be vaccinated.

You're so free you can even create a job just for yourself.