Trucker's Convoy

West

42 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

How would you feel if an Indigenous protest blocked the TransCanada highway or a pipeline or something, and you had millions of Chinese people sending them $1 each?  Answer honestly.   

How would I feel? It depends on the cause. Doesn't matter if it's simply "indigenous", and "chinese". I'm not racist.

I feel bad for his father

in this situation Pierre would not have invoked the war measures act

Pierre would have gone out and talked to the truckers

he might have told them to stop whining and get back in their holes, like a drill instructor

but he would not have run away in the face of them

Justin has heaped shame upon his own father's legacy

I honesty pity him

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No bud.  You are badly deceived.  Many of the players in it think they are just peaceful protesters but they are being used by a small group of conspirators.  This is an attempted insurrection driven by foreign money from the far right in the U.S. 

@Moonbox 

Do you expect us to take you guys seriously with a comment like this? 

An insurrection? ?

The mainstream media continues to back Trudeau, it seems.  So sad what’s happened to Canada.  This is just one quote from Global News:

Under the terms of the Emergencies Act, police warned that people are also prohibited from coming to Ottawa in order to join the demonstration, and that police can seize any vehicles taking part in it. “Anyone who commits these illegal actions could face fines or be required to appear in court,” the notice continued. “Commercial vehicle drivers’ licences and private drivers’ licences can be suspended or revoked.” Bringing children to the demonstrations is also prohibited, with a potential fine of $5,000 or up to five years in prison as a result.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The mainstream media continues to back Trudeau, it seems.  So sad what’s happened to Canada.  This is just one quote from Global News:

Under the terms of the Emergencies Act, police warned that people are also prohibited from coming to Ottawa in order to join the demonstration, and that police can seize any vehicles taking part in it. “Anyone who commits these illegal actions could face fines or be required to appear in court,” the notice continued. “Commercial vehicle drivers’ licences and private drivers’ licences can be suspended or revoked.” Bringing children to the demonstrations is also prohibited, with a potential fine of $5,000 or up to five years in prison as a result.

Yup ctv is state propaganda alright

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Now we see what they mean by "using a sledgehammer".

Sunny ways...

Hey Mr. Trudeua, how's that sunshine coming out? Is the sun shining yet?

;)

Edited by OftenWrong

from a strategic point of view, this is obviously a potentially catastrophic mistake

if I was wargaming this for the Liberals

I would say that it is reckless in the extreme, to declare this to be an emergency when it is not

they are not impeding the government by having a party on the Hill

just carry on, there is no reason the crush them, unless it is vanity

the potential blowback is too great

to risk this for something which is not impeding the government in any practical sense

plus, we could all end up in jail for this, we are all breaking the law here

this is stupidest thing we the Liberal party have ever done

we are talking crippling strategic damage to our brand long into the future

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I've taken note where the suitcase is, and what my essentials will be should I need to cut and run quickly.

I'm not going to cut & run

I've done nothing wrong

people who are harmed by this will eventually bring lawsuits against the government

this could end up getting you millions in damages in the courts

21 minutes ago, West said:

“Anyone who commits these illegal actions could face fines or be required to appear in court,” the notice said

Sounds like another international quiz. A peaceful citizen protest is an illegal criminal activity. Same choices. Make your guess.

To the muzak of smiling beaver dancing hand in hand with a cute, peaceful mountie. One of the two realities is the true one. Make your guess.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

bear in mind, the Emergencies Act does NOT empower them to violate your Charter rights

you still have Charter rights under the Emergencies Act

so this is going to cost the taxpayer a lot of money in the end, from all the lawsuits

When all is set and done lawsuits should go against companies like GM if it's determined they pressures the government to violate charter rights. 

In the letter given to truckers, they use the word "may". You "may" end up in jail. Not going to happen just an idle threat from our Supreme Leader. 

Edited by West

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

does NOT empower them to violate your Charter rights

you still have Charter rights under the Emergencies Act

Does it (the Charter) protect the right of peaceful protest?? Just wow. Another empty and useless propaganda BS? Is there anything they could do right?

Edited by myata