Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, OftenWrong said:

And they implemented vaccine safety protocols, which apparently are now being ignored.

Stupid-idiot virus slaves are just ignorant.

People do not want to hear about this wee bit o' disturbing information emerging. People do not want to think themselves fooled...or dumb...or tricked by their betters. 

9 hours ago, cougar said:

Do you read what you write?

What you wrote above clearly states that the vaccination mandate leaves people jobless unless they roll up their sleeves against their will.

Like everything else in life, stupid decisions can have bad consequences.  Nobody has the right to infect other people with Covid.

Bad Bob p.2.gif

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

It is far worse than that.

No, It's not.

The only age group that has an over 1% fatality rate is the over 70's.

Passports have actually made it easier for people because they feel more comfortable going into restaurants and on aircraft to fly.

Yes, I've seen the headlines about cruise ships where you have to be fully vaxxed to board and then they all end up with covid.  Everyone can spread it.  Everyone.  Protect yourself and let others do the same.

But these restrictions will be lifted in future if Covid becomes less of a threat.

There is talk of inter-provincial passes being imposed on Canadians now, too.

No, this was never going to end.  

The intention is to EXPAND the things you need a pass for.

Wake. Up.

16 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You just said we should have lockdowns early in the pandemic and then to abandon them at the first sign of success, because then they are obviously unnecessary. Then I asked why have them at all? Then you said you addressed that by saying we should have them early.

No, I said I can understand shutting down for a period of time for information gathering.  To gain a better understanding of the virus, etc. I specifically mentioned that in a previous post.  It would be necessary so that people can have an idea of how best to protect themselves, and determine what kind of risk they’re acceptable with.

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Right, so they were forced to lose their jobs because of the mandate..

If I recall about 25% didn't want to take the vaccine, but were forced to either do so or lose their livelihood.

If the field you work in has implemented mandates everywhere, you lose more than your job. You lose your profession.

Many wouldn't have gotten the shot except that the employer imposed a mandate, and said either get it or no more workies for you. Doesn't mean they like it or agree.

They made the punishment untenable for most people to accept in such a short order.  Some would call that blackmail.

In some workplaces people have to sign a new employment contract where they agree to take each and every shot the health authority and/or employer deems necessary. That means all inoculations they deem necessary, and as frequently as they deem necessary. Once you sign that, they literally own your ass.

Faustian age upon us,

sign here and you agree

your body is a commodity.

Thy temple shall it no longer be.

Compulsory vaccination is nothing new.  This was a requirement for children in some public schools in Canada in the past.  It is to protect the students from being infected with a disease being spread by people.  Nobody has a right to spread disease to other people when it can be avoided or reduced.

Just now, Shady said:

No, I said I can understand shutting down for a period of time for information gathering.  To gain a better understanding of the virus, etc. I specifically mentioned that in a previous post.  It would be necessary so that people can have an idea of how best to protect themselves, and determine what kind of risk they’re acceptable with.

BuT WhAt AbOuT FunDaMeNtAL hUmaN RiGhts?

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Compulsory vaccination is nothing new.  This was a requirement for children in some public schools in Canada in the past.  It is to protect the students from being infected with a disease being spread by people.  Nobody has a right to spread disease to other people when it can be avoided or reduced.

Yes, that is true. However you are over-simplifying the matter and we have discussed it here ad nauseam.
- mrna was given emergency by-pass authorization.
- Rules that govern vaccine safety and would have made these vaccines unacceptable were overridden.
- The government is not being forthcoming and truthful about the numbers.
- The government enacted emergency measures to bypass legislation.

What they need to do with the $10M is use it to raise legal challenges. Sue the government. Use the money to apply sustained pressure on the government. However, some will argue that paying truckers to block the streets of Ottawa, which is essentially illegal, is akin to funding organized criminal acts.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Ottawa Councilor calls for Federal RCMP intervention

https://montreal.citynews.ca/video/2022/02/02/ottawa-councillor-calls-for-rcmp-intervention/

She said, women are being violently harassed. Seniors are being yelled at.

The chief of Ottawa police said there is no police solution!!!!. So call on the army if you are not capable of enforcing the law and protect the defenseless citizens from this mob.

Baloney.

There's children everywhere.

Here's a "terrifying" scene from downtown.

(6) Facebook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West said:

So far the worst thing we've seen is some guy relieving himself in public and a team Canada hat being put on Terry Fox. So basically no different than you'd see after an Ottawa Senators game. 

Get the facts. Don't try to minimize the violence by lying about it or ignoring what is happening.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/truck-convoy-police-solution-1.6337051

The ongoing and volatile protest has spurred residents to make their own stand — at the Ottawa Police Service's headquarters on Elgin Street. 

Rhys McGaw, a downtown resident, and others gathered for a second night on Wednesday to object to what they view as inaction by police. 

"In my neighbourhood, on my street, down the street, in the stores of Centretown or Lowertown — that's where people are just running amok," McGaw said.

"They're looking for a fight. They're drunk. They're belligerent. They're aggressive."

McGaw said he doesn't want to be harassed for wearing a mask and feels those flouting public health regulations are dangerous for doing so. 

Last might Ottawa Councilor was saying that women in Downtown Ottawa are being violently harassed.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes, that is true. However you are over-simplifying the matter and we have discussed it here ad nauseam.
- mrna was given emergency by-pass authorization.
- Rules that govern vaccine safety and would have made these vaccines unacceptable were overridden.
- The government is not being forthcoming and truthful about the numbers.
- The government enacted emergency measures to bypass legislation.

The Covid vaccines are not experimental vaccines.  They are based on years of vaccine principles and development. They were approved by Health Canada and also approved by the American counterpart.  Authorities do not approve vaccines for an experiment.  I have seen people calling them poison and many calling them experimental, which are blatant lies.

Edited by blackbird

9 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Get the facts. Don't try to minimize the violence by lying about it or ignoring what is happening.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/truck-convoy-police-solution-1.6337051

The ongoing and volatile protest has spurred residents to make their own stand — at the Ottawa Police Service's headquarters on Elgin Street. 

Rhys McGaw, a downtown resident, and others gathered for a second night on Wednesday to object to what they view as inaction by police. 

"In my neighbourhood, on my street, down the street, in the stores of Centretown or Lowertown — that's where people are just running amok," McGaw said.

"They're looking for a fight. They're drunk. They're belligerent. They're aggressive."

McGaw said he doesn't want to be harassed for wearing a mask and feels those flouting public health regulations are dangerous for doing so. 

Last might Ottawa Counselor was saying that women in Downtown Ottawa are being violently harassed.

My experience with people from Ottawa is they are self-entitled. While I don't doubt it's a minor disturbance to their lives, they do live in the capital city of the country where protests are inevitable. 

Perhaps if they want a quiet life they can move to a small town.

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Minor inconveniences or permanent tyranny.

That's your choice.

3 minutes ago, West said:

My experience with people from Ottawa is they are self-entitled. While I don't doubt it's a minor disturbance to their lives, they do live in the capital city of the country where protests are inevitable. 

Perhaps if they want a quiet life they can move to a small town.

Protests are normally done in front of the Parliament buildings.  Never take over and occupy the whole downtown with trucks blocking the streets and occupiers harassing people and preventing them from going about their lives.  

The entitled people are the self-centred anarchists that are occupying the city.

Bad Bob p4.gif

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

BuT WhAt AbOuT FunDaMeNtAL hUmaN RiGhts?

Well, in emergency situations there can sometimes be TEMPORARY interruptions.  The key is TEMPORARY.  Two years later, it’s no longer a surprise, no longer temporary, no longer a reason why governments can’t go through the normal process of passing laws.  

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

90% or more get vaccinated and continue working.

The mistake you keep making is assuming 90% of people were ok with being forced to take a medical intervention they did not need.

People are not happy about that because it is a violation of their human rights.

duress.jpg

• Like 1