Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Ukraine is not a member of NATO

it's not a liberal democracy

it's not an imperative to defend Ukraine

NATO Article V has not been breached, and would not be breached in the event of Russian invasion

Biden himself has said that America is not taking any action to stop Russian forces in the Donbass

because America not only can't do anything about it, America is not bound to anything about it neither

again, wag the dog phony "crisis" to distract from the domestic economic woes

cliche American presidential tactic,

whenever a POTUS is in trouble at home, they try to gin up a foreign distraction

Did you see his speech.  The idiot looked like he was crapping his pants.  That's dementia for you.

58 minutes ago, Boges said:

Which is why no one is sending troops to Ukraine. But if Ukraine falls, then a bunch of NATO nations will find themselves with a new border with Russia. 

Will Article V be respected if Putin decides to invade those countries? It seems the MAGA crowd don't care. 

America First. 

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Charles-Lindbergh/Germany-and-the-America-First-movement

No the Chairman Pantsuits crowd doesn't care about China, and just discovered the Russians were the bad guys in 2016 when the memo came out from Shilary.

there is no reason to celebrate until Trudeau is out of office, because he's clearly a dangerous tyrant

investigations have to be launched into the various crimes committed by the government

and the lawsuits have to make their way through the courts to overturn the precedents set

Edited by Dougie93

21 minutes ago, Boges said:

Which is why no one is sending troops to Ukraine. But if Ukraine falls, then a bunch of NATO nations will find themselves with a new border with Russia. 

Will Article V be respected if Putin decides to invade those countries?

How paranoid are you of Russia? That's insane. "One guy will be surrounded by all those other dudes, threatening them....." lol. 

It seems the MAGA crowd don't care. 

How is this^ supported by what's below?

It's like two totally separate posts.

The Bidens made out like bandits in Ukraine, but the fact is that NATO is creeping towards Russian and of course they care A LOT. From wiki:

After its formation in 1949 with twelve founding members, NATO grew by including Greece and Turkey in 1952 and West Germanyin 1955, and then later Spain in 1982. After the Cold War ended, and Germany reunited in 1990, there was a debate in NATO about continued expansion eastward. In 1999, PolandHungary, and the Czech Republic joined NATO, amid much debate within the organization and Russian opposition. Another expansion came with the accession of seven Central and Eastern European countries: BulgariaEstoniaLatviaLithuaniaRomaniaSlovakia, and Slovenia. These nations were first invited to start talks of membership during the 2002 Prague summit, and joined NATO shortly before the 2004 Istanbul summit. Albania and Croatia joined on 1 April 2009, prior to the 2009 Strasbourg–Kehl summit. The most recent member states to be added to NATO are Montenegro on 5 June 2017 and North Macedonia on 27 March 2020.

As of 2021, NATO officially recognizes three aspiring members: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, and Ukraine.[1] 

FYI Russia's geopolitical situation is nothing like America's.

Remember when Russia tried to put some silos in Cuba and we almost had WWIII, due to the close proximity

That's nothing by comparison to Russia's situation - NATO is all up in Russia's grill, bigtime. Estonia and Latvia are both on the Russian border, close to Moscow. Turkey and Romania are on the Black Sea. The Russia-Ukraine border is probably the longest one between any two countries in Europe, aside from the Scandinavian countries. The Russians have kids living right along that border, they don't want NATO tanks parked all along the other side. Just think how much trust the Dems and GOP have for each other's leaders: Biden, Hillary, Trump, Pelosi, etc. The Russians have even less trust for all of them. 

If that's not enough they also have borders with NoKo and China.

NATO poked the bear for many years now. Their interest in Ukraine is Russia's line in the sand. This is Russia's Cuban Missile Crisis. They have to stop NATO's entrance into Ukraine and now the best time to do it, because America is leaderless. 

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, you know what’s happening.  Biden is compromised and so is Trudeau.  

I just can't take the anti-Russian bit from the left seriously.  The left spent all 4 decades of the cold war praising the Soviet Union and begging America to cave.   Again, under Obama the left continued to appease Putin.  Then suddenly Hillary was losing and Russia was FINALLY the bad guy.  It's like the left has gotten lost in the narrative and most probably forget where that narrative started.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

NATO poked the bear for many years now. Their interest in Ukraine is Russia's line in the sand. This is Russia's Cuban Missile Crisis. They have to stop NATO's entrance into Ukraine and now the best time to do it, because America is leaderless. 

The "bear" is a third-class state barely holding it together, with a smaller economy than Canada pretending they're still a superpower.  

The saddest part about all this Ukraine and Russia bullshit is that how our resident conspiracy theorists are so pro-Russia and pro-Putin.  It's almost as if the Russians plant fake news on social media and gullible fools lap it up.  

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

I just can't take the anti-Russian bit from the left seriously.  The left spent all 4 decades of the cold war praising the Soviet Union and begging America to cave.   Again, under Obama the left continued to appease Putin.  Then suddenly Hillary was losing and Russia was FINALLY the bad guy.  It's like the left has gotten lost in the narrative and most probably forget where that narrative started.

If Russia was brought into the fold after the collapse of the Soviet Union the world would’ve become a better place and Putin wouldn’t have felt the need to assert Russian power to the same degree.  

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

there is no reason to celebrate until Trudeau is out of office, because he's clearly a dangerous tyrant

investigations have to be launched into the various crimes committed by the government

and the lawsuits have to make their way through the courts to overturn the precedents set

Fully agree with you. Fancy socks shouldn't be let off the hook

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

The "bear" is a third-class state barely holding it together, with a smaller economy than Canada pretending they're still a superpower.  

The saddest part about all this Ukraine and Russia bullshit is that how our resident conspiracy theorists are so pro-Russia and pro-Putin.  It's almost as if the Russians plant fake news on social media and gullible fools lap it up.  

I think you need to worry more about the pro-China crowd.  China actually stole American naval technology.  Being anti-China makes no one pro-Russia.  There is no conspiracy to support Putin.  That is just more dung that Clinton spewed.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

If Russia was brought into the fold after the collapse of the Soviet Union the world would’ve become a better place and Putin wouldn’t have felt the need to assert Russian power to the same degree.  

Something get effed up along the way.  I'm no friend of Russia.  That KGB SOB Putin nixed a silver mining deal with a Canadian company and gave the mining resources to his friend.  That hurt me personally.  Screw Russia but also Screw the Ukraine for participating in the fake Michael Steele accusations against Trump.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I want to see a full probe into the influence of Schwab and the WEF.  Global reset?  I don’t think so.  Take that creepy dystopian social credit digital totalitarianism and banish it forever.  

I hate to say it but getting rid of Trudeau is just fantasy.  The only thing that can do him in now is his own party.  SNC Lavalin are laughing their rich asses off.

5 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I hate to say it but getting rid of Trudeau is just fantasy.  The only thing that can do him in now is his own party.  SNC Lavalin are laughing their rich asses off.

At best he lasts until the next election.  Trudeau? Done.  Freeland too.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

9 minutes ago, West said:

Fully agree with you. Fancy socks shouldn't be let off the hook

also don't forget that the damage is done to the banking system

by setting the precedent of invoking an emergency falsely, to seize bank accounts without a court order ?

and the banks went along with it ?

that has damaged the fidelity of the Canadian banking system permanently, unless it is overturned by law

there has to be criminal investigations & lawsuits, to restore faith in the system

not even Canadian's faith, I'm talking foreign investors

Canada is now seen as cuckoo bananas land, and we are still on trajectory to fiscal & economic crises

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

also don't forget that the damage is done to the banking system

by setting the precedent of invoking an emergency falsely, to seize bank accounts without a court order ?

and the banks went along with it ?

that has damaged the fidelity of the Canadian banking system permanently, unless it is overturned by law

there has to be criminal investigations & lawsuits, to restore faith in the system

not even Canadian's faith, I'm talking foreign investors

Canada is now seen as cuckoo bananas land, and we are still on trajectory to fiscal & economic crises

Yup that was big time partisan political interference in our financial sector, which is supposed to be arms length.  Nice try with your fake emergency, Trudeau.  

understand that the inflation is going to continue to burn out of control

there are going to be more and bigger protests as we go, because people are going to get very desperate soon

and there's no way out now

because in order to contain the inflation, they would have to raise interest rates to historical levels

damned if they do, damned if they don't

either you are going to burn in the inflation fire

or the real estate market is going to implode by interest rates being forced up

can't afford food

or can't afford your mortgage

choose your poison

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup that was big time partisan political interference in our financial sector, which is supposed to be arms length.  Nice try with your fake emergency, Trudeau.  

the victory of the truckers was simply to bait them into showing their fangs

but those fangs are still there, and can come back at a moment's notice

25 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Oh look ... it's back ... 

Trudeau Revokes Emergency Act

Will you admit that you were entirely wrong?   

(Although, the story is from MSM, specifically Global, so no doubt you'll think they're lying.)

I guess it depends on what other shenanigans Trudeau has up his sleeve.

For myself, I'm going to much more vigilant about what he's up to.  This is the first time I've ever emailed MPs and Senators.   I think I'm going to be doing much more of it in the future.

Not my first protest, though. If I lived closer to Ottawa, I would've gone, even if just to experience the wonderful Canadian spirit and camaraderie and freedom I saw there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I think you need to worry more about the pro-China crowd.  China actually stole American naval technology.  Being anti-China makes no one pro-Russia.  There is no conspiracy to support Putin.  That is just more dung that Clinton spewed.

I'm not keen on either, but China is most certainly the bigger danger/threat.  

There's no conspiracy to support Putin, just a lot of duped goofs who read Russian propaganda articles on social media and garbage fringe websites that paint Putin as a champion for justice whilst western leaders are incompetent totalitarian imperialists encroaching on them.  

With a VPN and a laptop, Oleg from the SVR or Ming from the Ministry of State Security can create all sorts of bullshit stories to rile up North America's conspiracy theorists, and they're so desperate for affirmation of their beliefs that they don't scrutinize any of it.