Time to Declare Endemic

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why do you insist on punishing the citizens for this?

OK and who else is here that can be held responsible punished for chronic under resourcing and sub par performance of the system that CEOs ministers officers never notice because why would they, what would it change for them?

One example right off the airwaves: in October 2020 then President of the US Trump tested positive for Covid and was treated with monoclonal antibody therapy. Since then (well over a year ago) the therapy became a standard preventative treatment in several states. Scroll forward to December 2021 (14 months after first treatments were provided) and a hundred or so patients were treated in a program in Nova Scotia to the great media fanfare of Great Canadian Pioneers. Where it's been a standard treatment for months already, saving lives without daily media drama. This is the kind of system that we have and we made it such intentionally or thoughtlessly that bordering on obscene compensations and entitlements of its managers (from $30,000 monthly, and above - some "front line heroes" would be struggling to make that in a year) have little to no relation to its quality and performance. So what kind of surprises are we expecting here? When and how it could end?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, myata said:

OK and who else is here that can be held responsible punished for chronic under resourcing and sub pa performance of the system that CEOs ministers officers never notice because why would they, what would it change for them?

I think the best thing that could happen from this pandemic, is if the citizens started demanding that CEO"s who mismanage their provincial health systems are held responsible.  Their wages and raises should be based on job performance, like everyone else.  If they mismanage - no raise, and wage cuts.

• Like 2

Just now, suds said:

Covid treats everyone differently whether vaccinated or un-vaccinated.  If we were to open up again would there be enough therapeutics available for everyone that might require them? I can't seem to find much info on this.

We’re waiting on Health Canada to approve a fast-acting anti-viral pill that’s ready for deployment.  For those more serious cases that go to respiratory, we still have plenty of room in the ICU’s.  

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

it takes years to train more nurses and doctors and build hospitals and increase the capacity. 

Right so could'a started years ago. Have they started yet? No. Are they even talking about it yet, to any semblance of seriousness?

Ne pas, mio amigo

31 minutes ago, suds said:

If we were to open up again would there be enough therapeutics available for everyone that might require them?

Monoclonal therapy is a standard treatment in some US states and several treatment drugs were approved for preventative treatment (remdesivir, paxlovid, and others). Why are they not available or even approved in this country yet? Try to ask our distinguished lavishly compensated lockdown managers. At least that one thing they seem to have perfected, if not much else.

Edited by myata
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Longer, if Ontario votes him in again.  Since the rest of Canada doesn't get a vote.

I really hope Ontarians aren't the province of idiots they seem to be.......the West was dumbfounded when they voted him in again this last time.

The problem is Toronto and Ottawa.

50 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Coming Clean | Cory Zue

Coming Clean

My experience of the pandemic in South Africa and the case for a more inclusive conversation about Covid and vaccines.

The opponents of restrictions on here have no understanding of the real world.  Trudeau and the Liberals did fail in this pandemic in a lot of ways.  They failed on delivering PPEs, they failed to close borders early, they failed in providing rapid tests long ago, etc. etc.  But all that just made the pandemic worse.  Provinces failed to find a way to treat Covid patients without putting heart and cancer surgeries on hold.  This cost thousands of lives.  Even now thousands of people in need of urgent surgeries, etc. are put on hold.  So the restrictions are needed.  If the government can find a way to get the number of Covid patients down, they might be able to reduce some of the restrictions.  But that is the only way they could do that because they cannot destroy the health care system.  Health care is already greatly impacted and in danger of collapse in some places.   Around 80% of population got fully vaccinated.  Did you get fully vaccinated and do your part?  If you didn't you have no business complaining about restrictions.  Strange part is people who didn't get vaccinated have the nerve to go out and protest.   Everyone should get fully vaccinated.  That is the least everyone can do to try to help end this pandemic.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Did you get fully vaccinated and do your part?

When will you, will you? finally figure out that "do your part" is not an obligation du jour but a polite and reasonable request? I guess little such hope. We rule you so have to obey just because.

Just now, myata said:

When will you, will you? finally figure out that "do your part" is not an obligation du jour but a polite and reasonable request? I guess little such hope. We rule you so have to obey just because.

You sound like a spoiled brat.  How old are you anyway?  Everyone lives under laws, regulations and rules.  Did they teach you that in school?

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Everyone lives under laws, regulations and rules.

Our understanding of the reason for laws and rules in a democratic society seem to be quite different. In my understanding, laws and rules serve not dictate whatever comes to the mind of the ruler / manager for whatever reason, but to let everybody enjoy their lives in the way they are free to choose. All rules, policies etc have to be reasonable, substantiated and necessary for the citizens, not bureaucrats or systems. To your views, as it seems, China or Russia's model would be a closer match, there a leader always knows best and just do your part (as defined by the leader). OK. Sometimes it makes sense to agree to disagree, because I can't see how these viewpoints can be reconciled.

25 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The opponents of restrictions on here have no understanding of the real world.  Trudeau and the Liberals did fail in this pandemic in a lot of ways.  They failed on delivering PPEs, they failed to close borders early, they failed in providing rapid tests long ago, etc. etc.  But all that just made the pandemic worse.  Provinces failed to find a way to treat Covid patients without putting heart and cancer surgeries on hold.  This cost thousands of lives.  Even now thousands of people in need of urgent surgeries, etc. are put on hold.  So the restrictions are needed.  If the government can find a way to get the number of Covid patients down, they might be able to reduce some of the restrictions.  But that is the only way they could do that because they cannot destroy the health care system.  Health care is already greatly impacted and in danger of collapse in some places.   Around 80% of population got fully vaccinated.  Did you get fully vaccinated and do your part?  If you didn't you have no business complaining about restrictions.  Strange part is people who didn't get vaccinated have the nerve to go out and protest.   Everyone should get fully vaccinated.  That is the least everyone can do to try to help end this pandemic.

I see you didn't read the article.

If you did, you clearly do not comprehend what it is saying.

I get it - you love restrictions, you think they're great, you think we should have more of them and forever.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I see you didn't read the article.

If you did, you clearly do not comprehend what it is saying.

I get it - you love restrictions, you think they're great, you think we should have more of them and forever.

Be careful what you wish for.

The problem is, and maybe it’s because the highly dominant Boomer generation is retiring, people like blackbird who really aren’t impacted by restrictions because they’re already puttering around at home all day, don’t understand how damaging these restrictions are to young people who really don’t face any serious health risks from Covid.  To be stuck learning at home, deprived of friends, dating, dancing, concerts, travel, sports, and everything that blackbird got to experience as a youth, expected to continue to shut down their lives so that masked-up triple vaxxed blackbird, who has no plans to leave the house anytime soon, can feel more protected, is selfish.

Here we are with access to multiple vaccines and PPE, vaccine passports so only the inoculated get to participate in cloistered “safety”, and a milder variant that feels like a basic cold or flu for almost everyone, and we’re still restricting gatherings and keeping students at home.

This is immoral mistreatment of generations of Canadians.  How can our own governments treat citizens like prisoners, damaging mental health, destroying businesses, and causing an interminable debt for future generations to pay off?  It’s disgusting.

END ALL RESTRICTIONS NOW OR EXPECT TO LIVE UNDER THEM FOR YEARS TO COME.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Here we are with access to multiple vaccines and PPE, vaccine passports so only the inoculated get to participate in cloistered “safety”, and a milder variant that feels like a basic cold or flu for almost everyone, and we’re still restricting gatherings and keeping students at home.

It's not just that, for me.

MSM actually carried an article (I posted it here somewhere) saying that shortly after the rollout to children, there were already over 100 children - in Toronto alone - with myocarditis from the vaccines.

Statistics are that 20% of them will die within 6.5 years.

For this reason, many other countries have halted their vaccines for children.  But not here in canada.  Here we expect them to "do their part" and die for Blackbird.

Across Canada, that means hundreds, possibly thousands of children will die - that's just from vaccine-induced myocarditis, not the other adverse effects, like Maddie de Garay who is permanently disabled.

Hundreds of children dying is still not enough for Blackbird.  He wants more to die for him or else they are not "doing their part."

I find that pretty disgusting.

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Did you get fully vaccinated and do your part?

My sister did her part and now she's partially disabled.

Since her jabs were more than 6 months ago, she's pretty much unvaxxed now.  She cannot get a booster, or the odds are high that she will die.

Why should my sister die for you?

I really hope you answer this, because it seems incredulous to me that you are actually demanding that people and children die and become permanently disabled for you AND calling them selfish if they do not.

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's not just that, for me.

MSM actually carried an article (I posted it here somewhere) saying that shortly after the rollout to children, there were already over 100 children - in Toronto alone - with myocarditis from the vaccines.

Statistics are that 20% of them will die within 6.5 years.

Across Canada, that means hundreds, possibly thousands of children will die - that's just from vaccine-induced myocarditis, not the other adverse effects, like Maddie de Garay who is permanently disabled.

Hundreds of children dying is still not enough for blackbird.  He wants more to die for him or else they are not "doing their part."

I find that pretty disgusting.

Well that’s another reason why we have to shift to allowing citizens to make informed health decisions that are right for them.  Trudeau is pretending that vaccine holdouts are the reason the pandemic continues.  The vast majority of the public are vaccinated.  Omicron is relatively mild.  Millions have had and are getting it daily.  Almost all recover well.  Covid is endemic, but that doesn’t fit the narrative of fear that Trudeau and Biden are telling.  Trudeau is trying to justify his budget and temperance lady health puritan story.  It’s not about what’s right for the public or the health of our democracy; it’s about him and our other leaders being perceived as right.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

My sister did her part and now she's partially disabled.

Since her jabs were more than 6 months ago, she's pretty much unvaxxed now.  She cannot get a booster, or the odds are high that she will die.

Why should my sister die for you?

I really hope you answer this, because it seems incredulous to me that you are actually demanding that people and children die and become permanently disabled for you AND calling them selfish if they do not.

You are being dishonest.  I course nobody wishes anyone die.  5.5 million died of Covid and thousands of lives in Canada were saved by vaccination.  Accusing people of demanding that people and children die is sick. You are going too far.  Get help.

Just now, Goddess said:

The experiment isn't over yet.

Not for a few more years.

So you have no way of proving that.

Maybe they are saved short-term from covid, only to die in a couple years of myocarditis, or in a few  months of a heart attack or they live their lives disabled and die early.

That's the thing - we don't know.

Which is why it should be an individual choice whether to take part in this experiment or not.

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I course nobody wishes anyone die.

If you dont' wish it, you certainly couldn't care less if they do.

Death and permanent disability are both possible reactions to the inoculations.

So if someone doesn't want to risk death for you, you call them selfish. and "not doing their part".

Pot, meet kettle.