Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

when it comes to the ideals you claim to hold, America is better at producing results on those measures than anyone else in the world, despite the propaganda saying otherwise

Like signing the climate agreement under Trump ????

They have been burnt by wildfires, hit by hurricanes, but no, they will continue to deny or elect a lunatic who will deny.

Going around the world to spread hatred doesn't help either and this is what led to the 9/11.

If they could only keep their population stable and environment protected they might have earned my respect, but they score a fail in this field too.

4 minutes ago, cougar said:

Like signing the climate agreement under Trump ????

They have been burnt by wildfires, hit by hurricanes, but no, they will continue to deny or elect a lunatic who will deny.

Going around the world to spread hatred doesn't help either and this is what led to the 9/11.

If they could only keep their population stable and environment protected they might have earned my respect, but they score a fail in this field too.

they have a great environment, far better protected than most, and their population is stable

the fires are a result of poor forest management pushed by so called environmentalists and being hit by hurricanes is hardly America's fault

that climate agreement did nothing for the environment

they are least hateful country on the planet, particularly towards their minorities, who do better in America than they do anywhere else in the world

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Now hear this.  I came here from Eastern Europe believing that, just as you say, the British created a more fair culture for both people, wildlife and the environment.

I AM DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED !     I feel my life is a waste, living in a messed up world of corrupt liars where I can change nothing.

I am only puzzled as to where these North American rednecks came from.

You come here and it is all those big trucks and s thirst for money and nothing else.

Ever thought of going back to Eastern Europe? 

You come here and expect the country change just for you.

Let you in on a little secret . . . . Indians call each other 'Indians' but, don't tell anyone.  Ask me how I know . . . 

Did you sustain your head injury in your 'native' country?

11 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Did you sustain your head injury in your 'native' country?

If you can prove any of my statements wrong with real facts, you might actually get to me.

But general bullshit like what you post above does not bother me.  You can call me names too.

Change your fucking red font to what normal people use!

Edited by cougar

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

If you can prove any of my statements wrong with real facts, you might actually get to me.

But general bullshit like what you post above does not bother me.  You can call me names too.

Change your fucking red font to what normal people use!

Sadly, your posts may be an indication of head trauma at some time.  Why do you invite me to call you names?  Why do you continually use the word 'genocide' in a very inappropriate and disrespectful way to both Indians/Whites? 

• Like 1

You do know you could always go back to the country you came from, you must be missing life under communist rule, where life under the  regime must have been sweet, everything you wished for and yet one day you decided to leave it all behind and travel here to Canada only to complain how disappointed you are. A lot of people pray to be in your shoes, and only have your problems...

You must miss back home where mandatory military service that was used to spread communism around, what country did you help destroy, or was crushing the hopes of those dreaming of freedom more in line of what you did...stepping on your own country mans throats to continue life for the mother land... And you dislike Canada for some reason... some people you just can't please I guess.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

If all those are indigenous kids as claimed and you cannot find the same number of white kids buried in the same way in school yards, what would you think?

I think that they lived far from home in a time before antibiotics, modern medicine, and easily accessible hospitals.  I don’t assume that most priests, nuns, and teachers are murderers, pedophiles, or abusers.  I think it was easier for bad people to be abusive in a residential school than a day school.  I think abuse took place.  I don’t think it was advocated systematically.  I do think corporal punishment was used systemically because it was standard in all schools.  That’s all I can say with any confidence.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Eastern European gang related crimes, their involvement in human trafficking and drug trafficking and forced prostitution is a fiction? I think you live in a fictitious world of your own.

I have no problem with strict control on who enters Canada including banning individuals who may have been involved in crimes. But we cannot ban the entire nation because some percentage of them are involved in crime. Btw, US presidents have been assassinated too. Do we ban immigrants from the US.

Let's face it; some countries are crime-ridden and terrorist-ridden.  Haiti is one of them.  Nigeria is another.  Somalia and other countries in Africa.  We have taken immigrants or border crossers in from some of those kinds of places and they committed serious offences in Canada.

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, cougar said:

All the proof is in the media. See how some indigenous people were enticed to give up their heritage and aboriginal rights in exchange for keeping their kids with them, instead of the latter being sent to a Residential school.

You wipe out the kids of one culturally diverse group and in a generation or two , the group is gone; this is what genocide is.   You do not need to shoot 'em in the head with a 22 gauge.

Why do I have to explain the very obvious to you?? Aren't you a bit embarrassed?

Just because you heard some woke leftists in the media call it genocide, you decide to go with that without having a clue of what it is all about.  About 150,000 attended residential schools in a 100 year period and several thousand (4,000 to 6,000) died of likely mostly diseases and illness.  No they did not wipe out the 150,000 aboriginals in schools. It impossible to have a rational discussion with someone who believes the red power radicals claims of genocide when you have no facts or proof of anything.  The people who ran the schools were not killing students.  We already know there was sexual abuse, physical abuse.  But a lot of the people who worked in those schools are gone now.  There may be some still alive from more recent times.  But if you have any proof or factual information of crime, you should report it to the police.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Just because you heard some woke leftists in the media call it genocide, you decide to go with that without having a clue of what it is all about.  About 150,000 attended residential schools in a 100 year period and several thousand (4,000 to 6,000) died of likely mostly diseases and illness.

7 hours ago, cougar said:

You still don't get it.   We all agree there were crimes committed against some native children.  But this was a relatively small number.  What happened in this place was a horrendous crime.  But that does not meet the definition of a genocide.  The way people are using the word genocide, they are implying thousands of children were murdered in schools across the country which is a lie.  That creates hatred, which is the Devil's objective in all this.  They also imply there was a government / church policy to commit genocide which is a deplorable lie.

genocide- 

NOUN
  1. the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Most of the 4,000 or so that died in residential schools died over a hundred years and died from diseases.  We are talking about perhaps 150 schools over 100 years.  There is no evidence they were murdered.  It is irrational to claim they were deliberately killed or murdered.   People that claim genocide or murder when there is no evidence to support that are provoking hate in the country.  Genocide was something like the murder of vast numbers of people in Rwanda or in the holocaust.  That would be a proper use of the term genocide.
Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t assume that most priests, nuns, and teachers are murderers, pedophiles, or abusers.  I think it was easier for bad people to be abusive in a residential school than a day school. 

Is it that simple though? Where were all the good people at the time? What did they say? And who heard it? This is not a parallel, only illustration, you may know that most Germans did not know about concentration camps. We however want to be seen as the greatest freedom loving nation on this planet.

28 minutes ago, myata said:

Is it that simple though? Where were all the good people at the time? What did they say? And who heard it? This is not a parallel, only illustration, you may know that most Germans did not know about concentration camps. We however want to be seen as the greatest freedom loving nation on this planet.

People who abused native children did not do it openly.  They know they are doing wrong and are careful to do things bad privately.  That has always been the case.  Abusers don't commit their crimes in front of other people.  That is why it is difficult for police and authorities to collect evidence for crimes.  It is difficult without witnesses.  When a criminal denies he did something, you have to have proof or eye witnesses or he gets off.  That is how the justice system works. 

There is a native who told his story recently of what happened to him at a residential school one day.   He did or said something very trivial and the administrator or authority figure took him into his office.  When the boy said something he did not like, he punched him in the face and broke some bones.   They took him to the hospital and doctor.  But the administrator had a false story of what happened and gave the supervisor a false story.  The truth was covered up with a lie.  Since the administrator who hit the boy and broke his bones did it privately, he was able to make up a false story to tell the supervisor who took the boy to the hospital. The boy was scared and did not speak when the doctor asked what happened.   The supervisor who was present in the room said it was some kind of accident.  The doctor believed it or at least did not question it.  That is how it works.  They commit their crimes privately and tell lies about what happened.  The supervisor who took the boy to the hospital would not question his boss if he wanted to keep his job.

There was an interview with a man and woman who worked in a residential school and observed the harsh treatment of students around 1970.  They tried to report it to someone but nobody listened and they were eventually fired.  Authorities in schools just downplayed and denied wrongdoing and government inspectors did little or nothing.  That is how it worked.  

It does not help to compare the schools with German concentration camps for the Jews in WW2.  They are not in the same league and it gives people a very false picture of the reality. 

Edited by blackbird

9 hours ago, cougar said:

You better do some more research.  This story has nothing to do the mass graves that have been found in various residential schools and for which the media and many red power activists and left wing progressives have been touting as proof of genocide.

Six things the media got wrong about the graves found near Residential Schools | True North (tnc.news)

"Let me refer back to a National Post story that explains what ground penetrating radar actually does. They interviewed a professor of Anthropology who is also the director of the Institute of Prairie and Indigenous Archaeology. She said this of ground penetrating radar:

“It doesn’t actually see the bodies. It’s not like an X-ray.” 

“What it actually does is it looks for the shaft. When a grave is dug, there is a grave shaft dug and the body is placed in the grave, sometimes in a coffin, as in the Christian burial context. What the ground-penetrating radar can see is where that pit itself was dug, because the soil actually changes when you dig a grave. And occasionally, if it is a coffin, the radar can pick up the coffin sometimes as well.”

We’re talking about pretty rudimentary technology here, and a relatively imprecise process. The numbers are more or less a rough estimate. 

So why have media reports been so bold in asserting these numbers as facts? "

"Many children who died at these schools died of natural causes. According to the Truth and Reconciliation Committee report in 2015, the number one cause of death was Tuberculosis. "

Six things the media got wrong about the graves found near Residential Schools | True North (tnc.news)

TRCC-1.png

2 hours ago, myata said:

While there is no doubt that abuses took place by individuals, mostly in secrecy, there is also a clear difference of opinion among some Indigenous about what constitutes reasonable expectations, not by today's public school standards but those of decades past.  Some of the accounts from former residential school students describe what was fairly typical disciplinary treatment in public schools in the 50's and 60's as severely abusive.  Is it partly cultural?  Is it partly resistance to education in general?  This isn't to in any way downplay real abuse (by yesterday's standards), but there's clearly a lot of anger and resentment towards religious institutions and government-run education facilities for reasons beyond the abuses that took place.  To this day in Indigenous-run schools there are issues of suicide and substance abuse.  Read Talaga's Seven Feathers about the Thunder Bay Indigenous-run high school.  This slamming of all things of government and settler origin is about more than physical abuse.  It's also about more than getting apologies.  We shouldn't be naive to the implications of "settlements", land acknowledgements, and various other reclamations.  Taxpayer money is at stake, big money.  3.5 billion has already been spent as reparations over residential schools, yet much more is asked...

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

You better do some more research.  This story has nothing to do the mass graves that have been found in various residential schools and for which the media and many red power activists and left wing progressives have been touting as proof of genocide.

Eureka!

Has nothing to do with it, but mentions electric chairs at the schools and kids being asked to swallow vomit.

Now it makes sense you will find hundreds of graves by the schools if you looked for them!

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

People who abused native children did not do it openly.  They know they are doing wrong and are careful to do things bad privately.  That has always been the case.  Abusers don't commit their crimes in front of other people.  That is why it is difficult for police and authorities to collect evidence for crimes.  It is difficult without witnesses.  When a criminal denies he did something, you have to have proof or eye witnesses or he gets off.  That is how the justice system works.

So they did not know basically? Wait though, what is the greatest freedom-loving system in the world worth if highly questionable policies could be planned and massive abuses committed in it without anybody, and specifically including the broad society knowing? Is it holding together?

57 minutes ago, myata said:

So they did not know basically? Wait though, what is the greatest freedom-loving system in the world worth if highly questionable policies could be planned and massive abuses committed in it without anybody, and specifically including the broad society knowing? Is it holding together?

The world was very different then, including in the most progressive countries.  We don’t live in an eternal 21st century.  There wasn’t the same oversight as today.  These stories lack context.  The government apologized and paid out 12 years ago.  The healing will take generations, I’m sure.  Not sure what more the vast majority of Canadians alive today should do apart from acknowledge that it happened and try to do better going forward.  

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:57 AM, cougar said:

Eureka!

Has nothing to do with it, but mentions electric chairs at the schools and kids being asked to swallow vomit.

Now it makes sense you will find hundreds of graves by the schools if you looked for them!

Never heard of an electric chair in a school.  If such a thing were done, it was probably very rare and only an isolated incident. Same with swallowing vomit.  If that were done, it would have been an extremely isolated incident.

When I went to school I received some physical abuse in the public school from other students on several occasions.  But I don't think everyone in all public schools had the same thing happen to them.  They were isolated incidents  Just like the things you cherry pick and try to claim they were common in many schools.

In one public school I attended, the principal was big man who used to give the strap severely to students.  He made them put their hands out and used a big strap about two feet long and several inches wide.  He really gave it.  I barely escaped it on one occasion when I played hooky one day.  I was hitchiking to town that morning about 9AM.  He lived out in the same area and guess what?  It was the principal who picked me up to give me a ride.  He asked why I wasn't at school and I said I was playing hooky that day.  He said in that case you have to have the strap. When we got to school, he told me to sit in the hall outside his office and wait.  Luckily for me the councilor came along and asked me what I was doing.  I told him I was waiting to get the strap because I played hooky.  He said oh, he said that eh. Just wait there.  The councilor went into his office and had what may have been a heated discussion.  Ten minutes later the councilor came out and said you won't be getting the strap.  You can go to your class now.   Physical punishment was the norm in the 1950s, and 60s in public schools.  It certainly was no incentive to stay in school if one could just drop out and get a job and earn a little money, which I did.

Edited by blackbird

"

Since this news came out, there has been a near universal assumption in the media that these graves are evidence of Canada’s Holocaust, as if the children had been deliberately killed.

Genocide requires intent. It requires a concerted and systematic effort to conduct mass murder and eliminate an entire race of people.

Canada’s residential schools, however misguided, had the intent of educating children, assimilating them into the broader Canadian population, and ultimately lifting them out of poverty. 

The policy was wrong, clearly. It was flawed and much harm resulted. 

But there are a few orders of magnitude that separate the misguided intent of Catholic priests, nuns and Canadian government officials versus those of Nazi firing squads and gas chambers. "

Let's face it;  the woke left hates Canada and are trying to lie about Canada's past as much as possible to generate as much against Canada as possible.  The media and many politicians are part of the problem.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

open 'er up

Yahoo cowboy! We need more songs like this.

Yes indeed, open up the gawd dam land borders Fidel Trudeau and Joe Bidumb. We are all getting sick and tired of all of this covid globalist communist bull shit from you two misfit buffoons. We do not want to be your gulag communist prisoners any longer. Works for this cowboy. YAHOO.  

23 hours ago, cougar said:

Future looks pathetic, with this I agree.  We cannot change the past; I agree again.

What I cannot agree with is hiding things under the rug so as to make your British culture look more noble than any of the past or present day dictatorships who live on the backs of other people and or are willing to kill them off to take over their wealth.

But I am sure someone here will somehow manage to shift the blame again to the Communists, Russians, East European gangs and if not very convincing they can involve the middle East, Asia or central and south America - all those are of course banana countries, inhabited by banana people, managed by banana presidents - this is where evil is; it is not us.

Sure the British have not been a bunch of darlings in the past but can you tell me which country in the world has? I will gladly live under British rule anytime rather than live under any of those countries you mentioned above. Truly all just a bunch of communist or banana republic countries. Try living in those countries you mentioned above for awhile. You will be bloody well happy and very glad to get back to living under British rule and culture even though British Canada and it's culture are all but disappearing and is all messed up these days. We can thank the french leftist liberals and the french controlled fake news media for that. They have been sowing hatred and division for decades now. 

Canada can be great again. We just need to get rid of those french socialist troublemakers from quebec and Canada will become a great nation once again. But for now there will be no Happy Canada Day for me as long as quebec is around. ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is incredible how you distort what i said. I called those gangsters from Russia, Eastern Europe and Bosnia who are involved in worse crimes like drug trafficking, human trafficking, murder, prostitution and pimping as white trash and yes any black person or colored person who is involved in human trafficking, drug trafficking, forcing prostitution and pimping as black or colored trash as well. The trash referred to whoever commits evil acts not skin color but you knew it anyway.

Anyone using the words "white trash" are racists trash themselves. No one ever calls blacks or Asians or whomever as people of color trash. I only ever hear those white trash words on TV or here. Indeed, there may be plenty of white trash out there but if you are only going to say the words white trash only and not people of color trash anywhere, well than, that is not acceptable to me. I will take offence to the use of the words white trash. ?

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The world was very different then, including in the most progressive countries.  We don’t live in an eternal 21st century.  There wasn’t the same oversight as today.  These stories lack context.  The government apologized and paid out 12 years ago.  The healing will take generations, I’m sure.  Not sure what more the vast majority of Canadians alive today should do apart from acknowledge that it happened and try to do better going forward.  

This is exactly as it is today because there was no oversight back then and so it dragged itself into the future, that is now. Where was the oversight over sponsorship scandal and travel from Wuhan? Ditto some decades from now. Where there's no possibility of change, where would a change come from?

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Never heard of an electric chair in a school.  If such a thing were done, it was probably very rare and only an isolated incident. Same with swallowing vomit.  If that were done, it would have been an extremely isolated incident.

?  We did not have an electric chair in my school either.  But then, we did not have a mass grave in the school yard too.

What can I say - keep beating around the bush, maybe a rabbit will magically appear.

• Sad 1