Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

My father immigrated here and wasn’t part of the early settlement.  What does he owe?   Hundreds of thousands more immigrants are coming this year.  Are they colonialists, complicit in genocide? I do know that most of them will be paying taxes and contributing to the free education, health, and infrastructure for Indigenous.  How many Indigenous will be paying towards those services through taxes?

Your father owes nothing.  Those new immigrants, me included owe nothing, since they all came as a result of successful applications and approvals.

But you know what I am saying.  The system has been messed up right from the start by the colonialists. 

They could have reserved this land only for the offspring of their own race or nation - only British or French, but that was going to create an uproar and possibly lead to them being kicked out of this continent altogether, plus they couldn't get enough new immigrants from England and France only.  So they started this multicultural nonsense bastardizing the nation.

2 hours ago, cougar said:

Because they were a few decades off, this proves there is no climate change???!!!  Give your head a shake.

I never said there was no climate change. Why do you assume I said that?  Climate change is real, but it is not caused by man.  If you want to know what causes it, Google and find the right websites.  But the U.N. predictions about the effects of climate change have been false.  I don't swallow the U.N. claims about man-made climate change.  They are proven to be untrustworthy.

Edited by blackbird

9 hours ago, cougar said:

Your father owes nothing.  Those new immigrants, me included owe nothing, since they all came as a result of successful applications and approvals.

But you know what I am saying.  The system has been messed up right from the start by the colonialists. 

They could have reserved this land only for the offspring of their own race or nation - only British or French, but that was going to create an uproar and possibly lead to them being kicked out of this continent altogether, plus they couldn't get enough new immigrants from England and France only.  So they started this multicultural nonsense bastardizing the nation.

Apart from the use of French or English in Parliament and the use of either language for federal services, as well as the institutions of our democracy that are drawn from the British Parliamentary system, there's nothing left from early "colonial" Canada that Indigenous groups don't have the freedom to change right now, including the Indian Act and reservation system.  Multiculturalism is fine as long as the values we import don't threaten liberal democratic ideas and social cohesion.  I enjoy the variety of cultures in Canada and think we've got one of the most harmonious societies in the world.  The key is to appreciate the positive aspects of each other's cultures.  I'm happy to wish Muslim friends a happy Eid.  I enjoy seeing menorahs at Hanukah, fireworks on Diwali, and Christmas trees at Christmas.

We're worse off when we suppress traditions, whether Indigenous, Christian, or otherwise.  Privileging or demonizing certain ethnicities is bad.  It's much healthier to dance at Carribana or a pow-pow than to sit in a retraining session where assumptions are made about people's level of privilege or victimhood on the basis of skin colour, ethnicity, or other traits that shouldn't have any bearing on the content of someone's character. 

Reducing people's identity to ethnicity is limiting, and I think it can reinforce stereotypes, bias, and forms of segregation.  If we want to appreciate cultural differences, and there's much to appreciate, then do it positively by illustrating the value in different cultures.  Coercion and inquisition, which we're seeing with critical race theory and notions such as the idea that someone is racist whether or not he or she knows it, is dangeriously judgemental and segregationist.  Such ideas will drive a wedge between groups and polarize people policitially.  Integration and recognition of the richness of different cultures and people's uniqueness are better ways forward, I think.

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Apart from the use of French or English in Parliament and the use of either language for federal services, as well as the institutions of our democracy that are drawn from the British Parliamentary system, there's nothing left from early "colonial" Canada that Indigenous groups don't have the freedom to change right now, including the Indian Act and reservation system.  Multiculturalism is fine as long as the values we import don't threaten liberal democratic ideas and social cohesion.  I enjoy the variety of cultures in Canada and think we've got one of the most harmonious societies in the world.  The key is to appreciate the positive aspects of each other's cultures.  I'm happy to wish Muslims friends a happy Eid.  I enjoy seeing menorahs at Hanukah, fireworks on Diwali, and Christmas trees at Christmas.

We're worse off when we suppress traditions, whether Indigenous, Christian, or otherwise.  Privileging or demonizing certain ethnicities is bad.  It's much healthier to dance at Carribana or a pow-pow than to sit in a retraining session where assumptions are made about people's level of privilege or victimhood on the basis of skin colour, ethnicity, or other traits that shouldn't have any bearing on the content of someone's character. 

Reducing people's identity to ethnicity is limiting, and I think it can reinforce stereotypes, bias, and forms of segregation.  If we want to appreciate cultural differences, and there's much to appreciate, then do it positively by illustrating the value in different cultures.  Coercion and inquisition, which we're seeing with critical race theory and notions such as the idea that someone is racist whether or not he or she knows it, is dangeriously judgemental and segregationist.  Such ideas will drive a wedge between groups and polarize people policitially.  Integration and recognition of the richness of different cultures and people's uniqueness are better ways forward, I think.

The idea of white privilege and the victimhood of minorities is pushed by liberals and left as a tool to gain votes.  If you are born white in Canada you are automatically a suspect. 

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

The media and red power activists (aboriginal and white Caucasian) are generally not telling the truth today about colonization.  They only talk about the bad things that happened and nothing about the good the white man brought to natives.  The history of Canada is not perfect but it wasn't all bad.  I am reading a history book called Skeena: River of Destiny by RG Large.   This is about the history of the first settlers around the mouth of the Skeena River in northwest B.C. and also settling up the river.  A lot of it is about the missionaries from a couple of the Protestant church's missionary societies who first settled in that area and up the Skeena River in the latter part of the 1800s and early 1900s.  It tells about their experiences taking the Christian gospel to the natives in the various native villages in that area.  Later a missionary - medical doctor decided he wanted to go see what he could do to help.  The missionary society did not want to spend the money on a doctor, but he felt he should go anyway and financed it himself and later was able to get some help.  But in one year he treated 5,400 people.  The natives suffered a unusual amount of diseases and illness because of their lack of hygiene and ways of life.  The missionaries led such things as the building of small sawmills in some places and establishing other businesses that brought many benefits to the natives.  The sawmills provided lumber that was used to build houses and churches in their villages.  This is how things gradually improved and many were converted to Christianity from heathenism.  

Sadly today the efforts by early settlers and missionaries is scorned as a bad thing that deprived natives of their "culture".  This is a false and destructive narrative.  They actually did much that improved the lives of the native people on the coast and along the river in northwest B.C.  Some natives become ministers themselves and helped with the work.

Edited by blackbird

Better outcomes in health, education, and overall standard of living are the reasons “settler” culture swamped Indigenous cultures.  It wasn’t plotted in a colonial back room.  People adopted lifestyles that were healthier, less physically strenuous, and more stimulating, and that process never stopped.  The “dominant” culture today is very international.  To pretend that this process would’ve been reversed if it wasn’t for some “bad” colonialists is a false narrative.  Indigenous have freely chosen much of what’s on offer, but that doesn’t distinguish between the individuals within each cultural group who have made a variety of choices for different reasons, many of which have little to do with settler/Indigenous culture but result from universal human traits like talent, motivation, education, upbringing, etc.  All living things avoid pain and seek pleasure.   There are good things about Indigenous cultures, and many such qualities have been adopted by settlers.  That’s what humans do, incorporate successful adaptation strategies.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cougar said:

They could have reserved this land only for the offspring of their own race or nation - only British or French, but that was going to create an uproar and possibly lead to them being kicked out of this continent altogether

Uh... by whom?

18 hours ago, blackbird said:

Climate change is real, but it is not caused by man.

That's what I meant.  Your argument is, it is not caused by man, because somehow the UN failed to accurately predict the impacts by year.  Again, give your head a big shake!

5 hours ago, Argus said:

Uh... by whom?

If not by the indigenous people who then could rightly point a finger at the British and French as in UK and France, it was going to be one of the nations with large surplus populations and a strong army.  Could have been China, for example.

We currently serve as a small vent to overpopulated countries or countries at war. They blow up steam, the steam (people) comes to Canada.   We are also satisfying the demands of those countries, which makes a military invasion less likely - we give them our materials - metal, wood, land - whatever they desire.

If 10% of all Canadians are Chinese and rich ones at that, the Chinese will likely think twice before attacking us.same with the East Indians, same with anyone else - we are so multicultural that we have become a chameleon  - changing colors and nearly invisible.

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Apart from the use of French or English in Parliament and the use of either language for federal services, as well as the institutions of our democracy that are drawn from the British Parliamentary system, there's nothing left from early "colonial" Canada that Indigenous groups don't have the freedom to change right now, including the Indian Act and reservation system.  Multiculturalism is fine as long as the values we import don't threaten liberal democratic ideas and social cohesion.  I enjoy the variety of cultures in Canada and think we've got one of the most harmonious societies in the world.  The key is to appreciate the positive aspects of each other's cultures.  I'm happy to wish Muslim friends a happy Eid.  I enjoy seeing menorahs at Hanukah, fireworks on Diwali, and Christmas trees at Christmas.

I appreciate your positivity and selflessness expressed in the above post.

It is not all roses and this multiculturalism comes at a cost. I will stop here - don't want to be named a racist, unwilling or unable to integrate.   I will leave it at that.

4 hours ago, cougar said:

That's what I meant.  Your argument is, it is not caused by man, because somehow the UN failed to accurately predict the impacts by year.  Again, give your head a big shake!

The whole man-made climate change argument originates with the U.N. which makes it purely a political operation.  Since they frequently lied, you need to give your head a shake.

11 hours ago, cougar said:

If not by the indigenous people who then could rightly point a finger at the British and French as in UK and France, it was going to be one of the nations with large surplus populations and a strong army.  Could have been China, for example.

The natives had zero chance of defeating the British, nor did anyone else. Are you even aware most countries don't allow immigration except for exceptional circumstances? The idea China or anyone else would physically attack Canada for not allowing their people to immigrate is ludicrous.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Argus said:

The idea China or anyone else would physically attack Canada for not allowing their people to immigrate is ludicrous.

Think about it.  You have 1.5 or 2 billion people and growing - not enough food, not enough resources, not enough land, what is it going to be - those people will gladly starve themselves to death in their own country or look for greener pastures?

14 hours ago, cougar said:

If 10% of all Canadians are Chinese and rich ones at that, the Chinese will likely think twice before attacking us.same with the East Indians, same with anyone else - we are so multicultural that we have become a chameleon  - changing colors and nearly invisible.

Where do you come up with this stuff, i mean really China will think twice because 10 % of our population is Chinese, here is a look at some facts in china most of the population is Chinese, and yet they have no problem with sterilization the Uyghurs, forcing them into force labor camps, Ya nice guys these Chinese fellows, then their is the Chinese Muslim population, Yes they even are Chinese nationals and the Chinese have a long history of not being nice to them as well, so don't forget for one moment  that just because we have a large Chinese population we are going to be safe somehow...see how thats going for the Australians and their large Chinese population...  

46 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Where do you come up with this stuff, i mean really China will think twice because 10 % of our population is Chinese,

Maybe not.  It kind of makes sense to me, but they might think differently.

The bottom line is, as long as we satisfy their demands, there is less risk of them doing anything.

The European founding people in Canada are heading for near extinction while the third world immigrants and aboriginal population is increasing at a comparatively high rate.  This is a demographic fact.  The Caucasian race in Canada is not reproducing at the minimum of 2.1 children per family, the minimum for a race to survive. This will please all the woke, liberal and left people who believe white supremacy is a fact and believe the European founding people should be punished for colonialism.

Eliminating the Caucasian race is also helped by medical assistance in dying and abortion on demand, which kills about 100,000 babies per year.  Caucasian women also are putting off having children until an older age which also contributes to a lower number of children per family.  Of course the government and activists approving of and encouraging LGBTQ lifestyles adds to the falling birth rate.  These factors are all part of the freedom to do your own thing in a liberal society.

Edited by blackbird

23 hours ago, cougar said:

Maybe not.  It kind of makes sense to me, but they might think differently.

The bottom line is, as long as we satisfy their demands, there is less risk of them doing anything.

You came from a communist country , do you really think that is part of their doctrine to show weakness to anyone..., how'd did that work out for Ukraine when Stalin was having all the food shipped to Russia...how is working for the Uyghurs right now.. For a man that claims he lived in a communist country you don't know much about how they operate. And why do you fear them so much ? so much that we have to hide our heads in the sand while they paddle our bums when ever they want..

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

So sick of the Liberal BS ravaging this country.  Nicely called out in this article:

https://apple.news/A-rLqcShzQT2JqfJjME7jjg

It is a nice article, it's to bad it won't be seen by many on the left, and if it is seen by a few, they will dismiss it as right wing propaganda . The left are blind to what this government is doing.

And the only thing that is going to change that is a leader that is charismatic, intelligent, great orator, able to see across party lines, able to act in the best interest of the country, to make those unpopular choices that need to be looked at very soon, but he needs to convince Canadians that it is in their best interest...some one with common sense. And in todays world thats not going to happen...Canadians want to stuff their pockets and don't care of the consequences..

On 7/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, blackbird said:

Quote:

Failed predictions are a major fruit of climate activism, justifying skepticism.

• Anyone who remembers the 1970s will recall that we were all going to freeze in another ice age. Of course, ‘we’ could do nothing about that, so some of the same ‘experts’ who were running with that switched to ‘global warming’ and then, when the temperature data did not match the models that gave the dire predictions, it morphed into ‘climate change’. Also popular were ‘acid rain’ and the ‘ozone hole’.
  • In 1989 the UN said, “Entire nations will be wiped out by the year 2000 if sea level rises are not stopped.” Did this happen? No! Tuvalu, a Pacific Ocean nation of atoll islands, is a favourite poster child for this claim. However, Tuvalu has increased 3% in land area over the last 40 years.18 A survey published in 2018 of 30 Pacific and Indian Ocean atolls, including 709 islands, revealed that no atoll had lost land area in recent decades.  Unquote  A biblical and scientific approach to climate change - creation.com

So the UN, the central brain for the man-made climate change claim said entire nations would be wiped out by the year 2000.  What happened to your trusted UN source of knowledge?   Why should the UN IPCC now be believed?  Please tell us so that we can all know.

This is what will always happen when people continue to listen to the likes and liars of the communist globalist controlled United Nations and other globalist controlled world bodies. They all spread bull shit every day to keep the stupid gullible masses in a constant state of fear and panic. That is how this globalist cabal keeps people in their grasp. Always keep trying to scare the shit out of those many stupid gullible people out there. It works all the time. 

And this is what our dear lying pro globalist politicians and the lying and fake MSM keep doing all the time also. They constantly try to instill fear and panic into their citizen's stupid heads so as to keep total control of their lives. The world would be a far better place to live without those stupid gullible people around who will believe anything told to them by their lying politicians and the lying media and outfits like the UN. Tell those same stupid people that the sky is falling down over and over again and they will start to believe it. 

The world would be a much better place to live in today if those stupid people would only try to start to think for themselves rather than let those mentioned above think for them. Sadly, I cannot see that happening anytime soon. ?

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:11 AM, blackbird said:

The idea of white privilege and the victimhood of minorities is pushed by liberals and left as a tool to gain votes.  If you are born white in Canada you are automatically a suspect. 

White people today have become their own worse enemy. They appear to be out to destroy themselves and their race and culture. They believe all the lies that are spewed out by those lying leftist liberals and communists that white people have and always will be the problem. Funny though as to why so many non whites from around the world always seems to want to immigrate to those terrible white privileged countries around the world. 

White people are fast becoming a minority in their own white homelands and so many of them seem to be all for it. The writing is on the wall for all to see. The majority of white people have truly become a bunch of stupid white and brain dead buffoons and they will pay dearly for what they have sown and will soon reap by not fighting for their white homelands and white race. Once they become a minority they are pretty much dead. Just my opinion of course. ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

The European founding people in Canada are heading for near extinction while the third world immigrants and aboriginal population is increasing at a comparatively high rate.  This is a demographic fact.  The Caucasian race in Canada is not reproducing at the minimum of 2.1 children per family, the minimum for a race to survive. This will please all the woke, liberal and left people who believe white supremacy is a fact and believe the European founding people should be punished for colonialism.

Eliminating the Caucasian race is also helped by medical assistance in dying and abortion on demand, which kills about 100,000 babies per year.  Caucasian women also are putting off having children until an older age which also contributes to a lower number of children per family.  Of course the government and activists approving of and encouraging LGBTQ lifestyles adds to the falling birth rate.  These factors are all part of the freedom to do your own thing in a liberal society.

Thanks to the promotion of homosexuality, white guilt, mixed race marriages, white abortions, massive third world immigration, the promotion of multiculturalism(white genocide)and diversity it is not hard to see that white people are out to commit white racial genocide. But ask most of them if they care/? They will probably shrug their shoulders and say so what who cares. They will probably then ask you if you are one of those white racists? White people are well on their way to committing white racial genocide against themselves and they appear to not really give a shit. So sad indeed. ?

Edited by taxme
  • Thanks 1