Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

Today is the birth of the best country in the world. We have every reason to celebrate it even in the privacy of our homes if we wish not to risk going out or take part in parties and gatherings. We are coming out of this long pandemic, the economic outlook is much brighter and we look forward to many happy days ahead as we live in the best country in the world where people are judged by the majority based on the size of their hearts and minds rather than the color of their skin or national origin. The country where all citizens are equal before the law and individual freedoms are respected. The country where women are equal and respected by a majority and we can live in the safety of our homes not fearing the security or intelligence agents busting in and arresting innocent people because they don't agree with the ruling government. A country which is prosperous and shares the prosperity with its citizens rather than 99% of the wealth to be in the hands of 1% ruling thieves and so called ruling elite.  We have had some bumpy roads in our way in the past and no one claims perfection in Canada but lets work and hope for even better Canada and that the future would be much brighter for all of us.

Happy birthday Canada.

• Like 3

You paint an idyllic version of Canadian politic that is comparable to paint a white horse with rainbow colors and put a groom handle on the forehead, to make it look like an unicorn. Like if the celebration is only meant when everything is just fine, or look fine. I suggest a different target.

This one is for the people, not the politicians. Happy Canada day to the Canadians. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Today is the birth of the best country in the world.

three days off, that's July 4th

also the Dominion of Canada wasn't born on July 1, 1867

that was just the day the British Empire announced it's birth in the paper

the day they released a memo announcing the Confederation that already occurred

nothing much actually happened on July 1, 1867

when it comes to important things that happened related to the birth of Canada on July 1st

The Battle of the Boyne in 1690 is the far more important event

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

three days off, that's July 4th

Is that the mass crimes they committed in Vietnam or the military coups they staged in Chile and Iran causing so much sufferings or the corrupt military regimes in central and south America or Asia and Middle East that makes US the best country in the world? Not to mention the crime rate is so high in some US cities you are not even secure to take a walk outside your home.

16 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Is that the mass crimes they committed in Vietnam or the military coups they staged in Chile and Iran causing so much sufferings or the corrupt military regimes in central and south America or Asia and Middle East that makes US the best country in the world? Not to mention the crime rate is so high in some US cities you are not even secure to take a walk outside your home.

you are ignoring the good and acting like the bad is all there is

America is great

the biggest reason Canada is a nice place to live

is it's proximity and relationship with the most prosperous and powerful nation on earth

haters gonna hate

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I am Catholic

the Catholics are better off that they lost that battle

especially in the long run

plenty of reason for Catholics to celebrate that day

So you actually don't know anything at all about Irish history.

I have seen the Indian in his forests, and the Negro in his chains, and thought, as I contemplated their pitiable condition, that I saw the very extreme of human wretchedness; but I did not then know the condition of unfortunate Ireland....   - Gustave de Beaumont

Edited by Argus

8 hours ago, Argus said:

If you're an ignorant Protestant who hates Catholics, I suppose.

Easy Argus, nothing wrong with that. Lol But is that even a problem? 

Edited by PIK

16 hours ago, Argus said:

So you actually don't know anything at all about Irish history.

I have seen the Indian in his forests, and the Negro in his chains, and thought, as I contemplated their pitiable condition, that I saw the very extreme of human wretchedness; but I did not then know the condition of unfortunate Ireland....   - Gustave de Beaumont

Irish history would have been much worse

if not for the Enlightenment brought to them by the Protestants in Britain

that wouldn't have happened if James II had beaten William III

Protestant liberal democracy is good for business, Catholic autocracy is not

the Catholics have lived better under Protestant rule, than they ever did under Catholics

ironic yet true

any reasonable Catholic who knows their history can admit that

the unreasonable or unknowledgeable Catholics cling to tribalism in the face of the historical record

and merely tunnel vision on the injustices Catholics suffered under Protestant rule

rather than examine the bigger picture and weigh that against the upside of Protestant rule

Edited by Yzermandius19

44 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Irish history would have been much worse

if not for the Enlightenment brought to them by the Protestants in Britain

Perhaps you could forgive the Irish for not understanding that given it was illegal to educate Irish kids. It was also illegal for them to speak their own language or practice their religion. They lived short, miserable lives on the edge of starvation and were worse off, according to Thomas Sowell, than African American slaves.

Edited by Argus

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

Perhaps you could forgive the Irish for not understanding that given it was illegal to educate Irish kids. It was also illegal for them to speak their own language or practice their religion. They lived short, miserable lives on the edge of starvation and were worse off, according to Thomas Sowell, than African American slaves.

and the Irish would have been treated worse under Catholic rule

look at the nations who lived under British rule and compare them to nations who lived under French or Spanish rule

life under the Protestant rule was better than life under Catholic rule, even for Catholics

those under British rule faired far better historically, and are much better off today than those living under French or Spanish rule

I'm both Irish and Catholic myself, difference is, I know my history

you have to compare Britain to it's actual competition, to properly put life under British rule into context

not against some perfect standard that has never been achieved while ignoring the alternatives

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

and the Irish would have been treated worse under Catholic rule

Nonsense. How badly were the French treated? Their people were treated much better by their leaders than the English/Scottish/Welsh and Irish were by theirs.

look at the nations who lived under British rule and compare them to nations who lived under French or Spanish rule

Or Dutch? You're leaving them out. They were protestant and real bastards. 

You're also leaving out that there'd be no reason for a Catholic English king to persecute Catholics.

I'm both Irish and Catholic myself, difference is, I know my history

Evidently not. Unless you think living worse than African American slaves is a good thing.

21 minutes ago, Argus said:

Evidently not. Unless you think living worse than African American slaves is a good thing.

Unless you think living even worse than African American slaves is a good thing, then there is no reason to support Catholic rule over Protestant rule

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 7/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Today is the birth of the best country in the world. We have every reason to celebrate it even in the privacy of our homes if we wish not to risk going out or take part in parties and gatherings. We are coming out of this long pandemic, the economic outlook is much brighter and we look forward to many happy days ahead as we live in the best country in the world where people are judged by the majority based on the size of their hearts and minds rather than the color of their skin or national origin. The country where all citizens are equal before the law and individual freedoms are respected. The country where women are equal and respected by a majority and we can live in the safety of our homes not fearing the security or intelligence agents busting in and arresting innocent people because they don't agree with the ruling government. A country which is prosperous and shares the prosperity with its citizens rather than 99% of the wealth to be in the hands of 1% ruling thieves and so called ruling elite.  We have had some bumpy roads in our way in the past and no one claims perfection in Canada but lets work and hope for even better Canada and that the future would be much brighter for all of us.

Happy birthday Canada.

What Canada are you talking about? The old Canada died in 1980. We are living in a new Canada that has been around since 1980 when old man comrade Trudeau won the election in 1980 and the first words out of his comrades mouth were "welcome to the new Canada". What did that buffoon mean by that? Any explanation from you for those words? 

We saw statues of Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth 11 being toppled by a bunch of native Indians in Winnipeg on Canada Day. Our Canadian traditions and cultures are under attack every day by the likes of Castro Trudeau who hates Canada. Get real, man, the old Canada is gone and there is nothing to celebrate anymore on Canada Day. Only woke leftist liberal communists are celebrating Canada today by toppling down statues of our British heritage and their hatred for the old once great freedom loving Canada. We are living in a communist like Canada today. Believe it or not. ?

20 hours ago, Argus said:

It is if you're a Catholic.

I am 60 and that disappeared with my grandparents. Grew up with catholic kids and it was never a issue.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

once great freedom loving Canada. We are living in a communist like Canada today. Believe it or not. 

I would strongly doubt it was ever that freedom-loving, can't have that with virtually unlimited rule of bureaucracy. Communist regimes are also famous for that, don't even need to believe just watch.

Have an idea of a great freedom experiment - should try it one Canada day, and year. It's very simple:

- Minus the entitlement, privilege, outrageous salaries, expenses, pensions

- Plus merit, competence, inclusiveness and pride

And after six month to a year, see what happens. That is, who's left there for the country and freedom, without conflicts and doubts.

Where there's public money, lots of it flowing freely to drink, swim in and do any of obscene things with, one can find the bureaucracy. No, not a single exception that I know; and now, what if one tried the opposite: can that freedom-loving country-caring bunch be found where there's no public money, only the job and duty?

Good question, if only for the freedom.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, taxme said:

What Canada are you talking about? The old Canada died in 1980. We are living in a new Canada that has been around since 1980 when old man comrade Trudeau won the election in 1980 and the first words out of his comrades mouth were "welcome to the new Canada". What did that buffoon mean by that? Any explanation from you for those words? 

We saw statues of Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth 11 being toppled by a bunch of native Indians in Winnipeg on Canada Day. Our Canadian traditions and cultures are under attack every day by the likes of Castro Trudeau who hates Canada. Get real, man, the old Canada is gone and there is nothing to celebrate anymore on Canada Day. Only woke leftist liberal communists are celebrating Canada today by toppling down statues of our British heritage and their hatred for the old once great freedom loving Canada. We are living in a communist like Canada today. Believe it or not. ?

It is exactly the NEW Canada after 1980 that I am talking about. 

I prefer to extend a Happy Dominion Day and I'd prefer it even more under the proper flag, the Red Ensign, not the Liberal Party logo flag of 1965.

As for best country, you have the Scandinavian countries and specifically Norway.

Flag_of_Canada_(1957–1965).svg.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I prefer to extend a Happy Dominion Day and I'd prefer it even more under the proper flag, the Red Ensign, not the Liberal Party logo flag of 1965.

As for best country, you have the Scandinavian countries and specifically Norway.

Flag_of_Canada_(1957–1965).svg.png

America, fuck yeah

Norway Schmorway

Edited by Yzermandius19