Trudeau vows help after Indigenous kids' unmarked graves found, but offers no details

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Stop providing mandatory public education, watch illiteracy skyrocket and Canada become a country without engineers, doctors, etc.  Hitler did that in Poland.  It wasn’t popular. 

literacy in Canada is dropping like a stone, in all areas, Canadian children are becoming shockingly ignorant

public education is just extremist ideological indoctrination camp where they only teach Hegelian magical thinking

the Woke schools are like Hitlers schools, it's the same sort of revanchist racialized utopian ideology

Edited by Dougie93

what you have in Canada now is a nefarious witches brew of pathological ideologies

you've still got the smug priggish Victorian missionary impulse

but now it is Nietzschean , God is dead, so there is no atonement

then layered on top of that you've got the magical thinking of  the Hegelian Dialectical utopia

then finally a racialized revanchism on top of that, straight out of Nazi Germany

Canada is becoming more & more of a basket case by the day

17 minutes ago, Shady said:

Is there anyone still alive that was responsible for this?  Just wondering.

morally, I feel responsible for it, I defended this regime with my life & limb, I swore an oath to defend it

but the school itself closed in 1969, so it's plausible that all the staff are deceased by now

at the end of the day, I don't blame the staff anymore than I blame myself

they were simply carrying out the prime directive of Canada, in good faith

keep the French in, the Americans out, and the Indians down, at any cost

we will do mass murder on your behalf, we in the praetorian guard rallied around Her Majesty

we would firebomb women & children if we have to, to defend & uphold Victoria Regina Imperatrix, Pro Patria

52 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

at the end of the day, I don't blame the staff anymore than I blame myself

they were simply carrying out the prime directive of Canada, in good faith

keep the French in, the Americans out, and the Indians down, at any cost

we will do mass murder on your behalf, we in the praetorian guard rallied around Her Majesty

we would firebomb women & children if we have to, to defend & uphold Victoria Regina Imperatrix, Pro Patria

Why would you do that?  “I was just following orders” didn’t hold up during the Nuremberg trials, nor should it now.  That’s how corruption is allowed to fester in organizations.  Everyone is responsible for their own actions.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why would you do that?  “I was just following orders” didn’t hold up during the Nuremberg trials, nor should it now.  That’s how corruption is allowed to fester in organizations.  Everyone is responsible for their own actions.  

I don't care about Nuremberg, that was merely a show trial on behalf of the Soviets

I am a soldier of the Crown, we answer only to Elizabeth Windsor Herself

Nuremberg is typically fallacious international law

there is only one Empress, I seek no absolution for defending Her

I have to put all this shit in context for literally everyone I talk to. 

That's because our news likes to trick people into assuming that these were from murders.

1) The school opened in 1890. 40 years before penicillin was discovered.

2) A lot of Canadians, even in modern cities like Mtl and Tor, were still dying from things like smallpox, TB and the flu at that time

3) The Spanish flu hit in 1919 and there are mass graves all over North America from that time period. My guess is that this is what the mass grave was from. It would have been hard to get dead bodies shipped around the country back in 1919 because travel wasn't quick and easy, and they didn't have hermetically sealed containers for shipping dead, diseased bodies around. 

I don't know what the cause is, but I find it disheartening that all of the usual suspects are gleeful about the prospect of assuming the worst and slandering everyone that they can while this remains a mystery. Some people just suck. Whatever. 

• Like 1

I recognize no authority in Canada above Elizabeth Windsor

international law is an ass, I decline to abide by it

I would kill & die for Elizabeth Windsor, even if international law called it atrocity

I wear the barbs of international law as a badge of honour

Loyalist Orangeman of Upper Canada do not report to any office in Nuremberg

we answer only to the heir to the throne of VRI, Mother Canada

60-vimy-ridge-mother-canada-and-monument

Edited by Dougie93

21 hours ago, Argus said:

One could say every country on Earth was built on dead bones. The cruelty of the Roman empire was legendary,  unless you consider the Incas and Azteks. Then there was the Japanese, oh and the Chinese. The Spanish were pretty nasty people, and so were the British. The Dutch were horrible, but oh boy, look at what the Indians used to do! Not to mention the Germans and of course, the Arabs. Look up some of the cruelties and brutality the Huron and Iroquois inflicted on other tribes sometime, or take a gander at the slaughter in Africa between various tribes.

Canada was a land of choir boys by comparison.

Exactly.

The Spanish also suffered under muslim rule for centuries right before they went on their own rampage. What they did was more of a learned behaviour than anything that they thought of themselves. 

I'd hazard a guess that every human being on this planet is the product of rape at one or various points in their family history. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the average human is the product of 50 raped maternal ancestors over the past 400,000 years, or who were impregnated as slaves and had never consented to sex or motherhood, but I don't know how anyone could ever claim to know such a thing.

I find the word 'humanitarian' to be quite ironic for this and a lot of other reasons. I'd argue that if one was to do something that is uniquely human, it wouldn't be very altruistic.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I would kill & die for Elizabeth Windsor, even if international law called it atrocity

I'd be hesitant to declare my allegiance in that direction. You never know if, by some weird sequence of events, Harry becomes King.  I wouldn't cross the street to save that man.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

I'd be hesitant to declare my allegiance in that direction. You never know if, by some weird sequence of events, Harry becomes King.  I wouldn't cross the street to save that man.

I am a Scots German Protestant, Loyalist Orangeman, my allegiance is to the story of my people in the end

House of Hanover, Victoria Regina Imperatrix, come what may

29 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't know what the cause is, but I find it disheartening that all of the usual suspects are gleeful about the prospect of assuming the worst and slandering everyone that they can while this remains a mystery. Some people just suck. Whatever. 

They're filled with righteous indignation, their eyes burning with the fiery rage of the converted religious zealot. Now they have something to thrust their arm in the arm and wave aloft as they scream at us all, denouncing any and all who dare to quibble or disagree. Blasphemy! Heresy! Evil! There is no tolerance for explanation or doubt, for nuance or context. Bow before them and show your SHAME at being a part of this evil country which committed GENOCIDE on the poor, innocent, angelic native people whose land you stole, COLONIST! Spit on your ancestors and denounce them or be denounced yourself!

Same sort of mindset as China's cultural revolution, from the same weak-minded people.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

the only people who are going to get up in arms about this, are the denizens of the Post National State

they can only do that, because they pretend this has nothing to do with them

they are not even Canadians, they are above that, they are the puritans without a history

I'd firebomb those people into the stone age as well, if they didn't enjoy the protection of Her Majesty

bunch of communist traitors, die in fire, self righteous prigs

in South Africa at the same time, we killed 28,000 civilians in our "concentration camps"

22,000 of those were children

the Nazis didn't invent the concentration camp, we did

are the Post National State communists up in arms about it ?

of course not

because those were white people, not a designated victim class of the far left like the "indigenous" are

here are the faces of the little girls we killed for the Empire

one in four of these children here were killed in our concentration camp at Nylstroom

boers-at-nylstroom-camp.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

On 6/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, Argus said:

People are so ignorant about our history. about all history, really. And so they read the breathless accounts of 'mass graves' which suggest some horrific slaughter and are appalled. But that's not what has been found here. What was found were unmarked graves. And you will find the same anywhere there were institutions like this, be they natives or not. Similar such graves have been found in the UK, Ireland, Scotland and the US, as well as Canada. Orphanages, except those in big cities, all had them, as did homes for unwed mothers, prisons and mental institutions.

As a result, waves of deaths swept the country every year from Tuberculosis, Scarlet Fever, Measles, and even Influenza. A third of Canadian children died before their tenth birthday. So yeah, in a very large school which operated for a very long time in a rural area you're going to find graves. Kamloops was a tiny fort and railhead back then. Even up to 1950 the population was under 2,000. So when a child died, it was buried there. The government didn't think it could afford to ship the bodies home. And likely didn't care anyway. Government rarely cared about poor people and they didn't come any poorer than natives.

I'm sure they'll wind up exhuming the bodies and they'll find all or virtually all died of various diseases. Just like the kids in orphanages etc. This is no different than you'd find at similar institutions anywhere in the world that date from that time. So no, this isn't some kind of horrible crime of mass murder, just how the world was back then. Nor was it racism, just the callousness of government.

Your right and I'm one of them, this topic was not taught in public schools when i was there nor is it taught today. How many Canadians would have even known to look up the topic and learn about our back history, not very many. But ignorance is not an excuse one that I am guilty off.

Personally i don't care about what other countries have done, I'm concerned with what this nation has done in the names of each one of it's citizens... It has a long history of making terrible decisions this one being an example.  

I'm not one of those woke people who have a history of whinny and complaining about our past history, but one has to admit this example has crossed the line.

Our government took it upon itself to educate these people for some reason unknown to me and with that decision would come the responsibility that these children would receive the same level of care that they would receive with their parents, and with the number of graves it would indicate they did not... Sure back in the day, life was one big hardship.. But it was up to the government to ensure their safety...

Another point of contention is they were buried in unmarked graves, like the family cat, thrown in a hole and left, they did not contact family as to their son or daughters condition, infact the family would not hear anything about them until they returned as teenagers...the Government used the excuse it cost to much money, but they had enough money to send someone to ro8und up all these children, they paid the schools funds to teach and feed these children , but none to send a body back to be buried with dignity. shit they could bury a soldier in Flanders field in WWI with a cross and ID, but a child does not rate, sorry to hard to swallow....

It may not have been mass murder, but really who would have questioned one of these Childs death... 

I think with just these 215 graves and any future graves found, the federal government should dig each child up determine cause of death even if it is just for historical record, and each of the remains returned to their families or put in the cemetery in their home town. Survivors should be offered a cash payout, one much larger than Omar the terrorists... And Canada as a nation should step up and own this part of it's history.

I could not fathom someone coming to my house and demanding my child, taking them forcefully...and then treat them no better than the family cat, in life or death.. Sorry, but not without a gun fight, and i'm sure everyone feels the same way. If we should atone for any of our nations sins this is one... 

What pisses me off about this whole thing is we as a nation have taken great pride to tell the world how good we are, How our morals and values were at a much higher standard, and now it is all bullshit...We are like any other nation, with skeletons in our closets. It pisses me off that i was vaguely aware but was to lazy to educate myself on the topic, along with millions of others,  that and for the most part our country kept this a secret....Sorry for the rant.. but when it comes down to children anyone's children they should be at the very least treated like one of our own, and not discarded like the family cat..

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How many Canadians would have even known to look up the topic and learn about our back history, not very many.

I know it all, and I never forget

all the Britons who fought & died, so we could be common men, who lived like kings

whatever sins they committed, all was forgiven, when they went over the top as the whistle blew

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Personally i don't care about what other countries have done, I'm concerned with what this nation has done in the names of each one of it's citizens... It has a long history of making terrible decisions this one being an example.  

I can understand your POV, and I admire the fact that you're willing to look at our own situation instead of jumping directly to whataboutism as an excuse for our past transgressions.

However, we are human, and in order to judge our predecessors fairly we need to compare ourselves to the whole spectrum of human behaviour in the past. We also need to judge people from the past by comparing them to their contemporaries, and the people from their own recent and distant past, not by comparing them to people who grew up in a world which in no way resembles the one that they grew up in. 

What went on pre-1492 was far crazier than what we did to the natives in Canada, by a lot.

The standard prior to that was steal everything that you can, enslave as many people as you can, steal their women, and it's shitty to even say it, but throwing babies from the castle walls isn't a myth. Humans are as shitty, or shittier, than any animal out there (but TBH, throwing babies off of the walls isn't unique to humans. If a male lion takes over a pride and he gets a chance to kill the cubs of the dominant male before them, they will).

I can promise you that if Mohammed's own army came here that man would have converted literally every buck here to islam, and the ones who refused would have their heads chopped off and their wives and children would be slaves. 

That's the actual backdrop that you need to compare Canada's settlers with. It was nothing like 2019 Cabbagetown where little Johnny, Kwame, Isoruku, Hakim and Geronimo grew up together, oblivious to racism.

This society is like this because CANADIANS (our ancestors) MADE IT THIS WAY and for no other reason. No one forced us to treat other people like equals. We had the power to be worse than we are and it was our ancestors who dragged civilization from the dark ages to exactly where we are today.

It is 100% legitimate to compare Canadians to what other cultures did when they were in positions of power and there's literally no other comparison worth making. 

Look at all of the lakefront in BC's lower mainland. FN people own most of it, they can hunt and fish without quotas while other Canadians sometimes aren't allowed to do either at any point during the year, or just seasonally - with quotas. They don't pay property taxes, and if they live on res sometimes they don't even pay income tax. They get more medical and dental benefits than the rest of the country. They get free university. It's not a bad gig.

Can you find me a place anywhere else on earth where the minorities get those kinds of benefits over and above the majority culture? Don't kid yourself, it doesn't exist. 

Just completely disregard the morons here who will diss Canadian culture at every turn. Everyone has an elevator speech about the greatness of their own religion, their culture, their people, blah, blah, blah, but almost all of them will jump right to calling you a bigot if you discuss their history, because the facts are not on their side. 

No other culture would have been this good to FN people if they got here first, period. We were still shitty by today's standards, but those are standards which we created and which no other culture has ever lived up to. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I know it all, and I never forget

all the Britons who fought & died, so we could be common men, who lived like kings

whatever sins they committed, all was forgiven, when they went over the top as the whistle blew

Here's the scene from the movie. It's a pretty decent one by today's standards.

Side note: I always feel like 'fix bayonets' is a uniquely awful command to hear.

The age old equivalent would be something like 'hold the line', but it was normal back then. Modern soldiers don't expect to smell the breath of the person they're killing. 

8 hours ago, Argus said:

They're filled with righteous indignation, their eyes burning with the fiery rage of the converted religious zealot. Now they have something to thrust their arm in the arm and wave aloft as they scream at us all, denouncing any and all who dare to quibble or disagree. Blasphemy! Heresy! Evil! There is no tolerance for explanation or doubt, for nuance or context. Bow before them and show your SHAME at being a part of this evil country which committed GENOCIDE on the poor, innocent, angelic native people whose land you stole, COLONIST! Spit on your ancestors and denounce them or be denounced yourself!

Same sort of mindset as China's cultural revolution, from the same weak-minded people.

The screaming seems to be coming from the far-right.  The rest of Canada is grieving.

And why shouldn't we?  We're better than we were back then, aren't we?  Why wouldn't better people, a better and more civilized society, grieve the abuse and death of children for political expediency and religious fervor?  It baffles me why some people are so wrought up about that.  

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

At the time they were considered a progressive leg up to bring opportunity,

Progressive leg up? Aye, there's the rub...   ;)

This was what is called a road to hell, paved with progressive good intentions.

That's why I oppose the liberal interpretation of "progress". Damnable progressives think they know what's good for everybody else, but they actually know nothing. Better to leave shit the hell alone.