Is Canada becoming a Communist state?

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

And yet there are tens of millions of Canadians who see him as the flower of democracy. The Fleur Duh Lies.

brainwashing, I mean, all institutions in Canada are really just Liberal Party of Canada indoctrination camps 

people internalize the Liberal Party of Canada as if it was Canada

huge swaths of the population don't even distinguish, to them Canada is the Liberal Party of Canada

if you attack Justin Trudeau, that is attacking Canada itself,  you are attacking the Canadian Dynasty

it's like when Zeitgeist says "the Queen is just a figurehead, it's just ceremonial" as if she is not the sovereign

nowhere does it say that in the Canadian constitution, in fact the constitution says the opposite

the ceremonial position is the Governor General, the Queen is still Queen, and Justin Trudeau is a nobody

see how bizarre it is getting now

Justin Trudeau is so craven that he is adopting the Quebec Sovereignist position

totally in contravention of his father's legacy

he was sold as being a chip off the old block, PET's son

but he is throwing that legacy under the bus recklessly, just to score cheap political points

I'm not trying be being partisan when I say he is the worst Prime Minister in Canadian history, it's just fact

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

America is better able to take the pounding

Canada cannot take the pounding

America has a jaw of steel

Canada has a glass jaw

America was invented in the forge of information warfare and can reinvent itself therein

Canada was invented to try and keep the information warfare out and is failing miserably at it

America revels in the infowar, totally at home in it

Canada recoils from the infowar, totally lost in it

How can you say that when Canada has been a pioneer in international media, from City TV to Thompson Reuters, Clark Kent and Hemmingway of the orginal Toronto Star, McLuhan, satellites, punk and hip hop scenes, hippie counter-culture, conservative National Post... Canada has always had wide open international universities and big ideological discussions.  Think about events like the Bannon v Frum debate a couple of years back in Toronto.  Our society embraces that.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

How can you say that when Canada has been a pioneer in international media, from City TV to Thompson Reuters, Clark Kent and Hemmingway of the orginal Toronto Star, McLuhan, satellites, punk and hip hop scenes, hippie counter-culture, conservative National Post... Canada has always had wide open international universities and big ideological discussions.  Think about events like the Bannon v Frum debate a couple of years back in Toronto.  Our society embraces that.  

This Nation HAS done some terrific things in the past, today it's a leftist wasteland, where everyone has got their hands out looking for an uncle Justin handout...., they crave more social programs than we can afford, what have we really accomplished in the last 10 years...our so call open universities are been taken over by the leftist, and other special interests groups, The left or right can not talk to each other with out screaming and shouting down each's ideas...This nation is divided into so many camps now, we have lost count, nor do we really care, our culture has been so diluted we are not even sure what is part of the Canadian culture.. our society is for the most part to busy with their own lives thanks to the pandemic....to really give a shit on what is really going on...i mean Justin just could be the worse PM in history and yet he is poised to win another term with a majority, how could that happen if people even cared about what is going on or followed what is happening in out nation.. I'm torn now part of me wants the conservatives to win, to see what the other side has to offer, the other side hopes Justin to win a majority so he can finish the job, and burn it all to the ground and just shrug my shoulders, where Canadians will get exactly what they wished for...

Edited by Army Guy

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

brainwashing, I mean, all institutions in Canada are really just Liberal Party of Canada indoctrination camps 

huge swaths of the population don't even distinguish, to them Canada is the Liberal Party of Canada

if you attack Justin Trudeau, that is attacking Canada itself,  you are attacking the Canadian Dynasty

My mother-in-law is a fawning sycophant of la turd.

If any of us mention anything about him she does a pathetic double-arm flap and drops her head. I sweat to god that she is incapable of questioning anything that she sees on Global, CBC or CTV, even if it makes no sense at all.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

My mother-in-law is a fawning sycophant of la turd.

If any of us mention anything about him she does a pathetic double-arm flap and drops her head. I sweat to god that she is incapable of questioning anything that she sees on Global, CBC or CTV, even if it makes no sense at all.

well we've all been raised to be Liberals

they have been the Natural Governing Party since Laurier

the flag is the Liberal Party of Canada flag, the national anthem is the Liberal Party of Canada anthem

look how easily they changed it, to make it the third wave feminist national anthem

none of these things are ever voted for, these things are imposed by the Liberal Party of  Canada

just like the Nazis, they have been erasing Canadian history to replace it with their own elitist dogma

the Liberals are the master race, the rest of us are the untermensch

that's why they cancel us, cancel culture is just proxy for extermination

that's how the Nazis got started, first they cancelled people, later they gassed them

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

whoop dee do

Canada supresses all sorts of speech

the fact that it doesn't supress all speech

does not make it a fan of free speech

it's just not the same, the Woke NHL

the Woke Leafs versus the Woke Habs

the Leafs beat the Habs decisively, but I don't feel like celebrating

I don't feel any emotion for it, I don't feel the rush when the Leafs score

the Woke Leafs don't register to my brain as being the real Leafs

this is a Potemkin Village Leafs

the totalitarians take over, but they maintain the facade that everything is normal

it's like an information warfare invasion and occupation

like a pseudo Nazi foreign power has seized control of Canada

then they've trucked out the Toronto Maple Leafs like prisoners, to try to get us to drink the kool-aid

Edited by Dougie93

it's honestly kind of liberating

used to be that Harold Ballard was wrecking the team, and I was stuck with it

but now the ideology of the team is so grotesque, I don't feel obligated to support them

and it's been years since I've lived in Toronto,  so I don't really feel like a Torontonian anymore

it's the metaphor for Canada writ large

like the Leafs, Canada once had a proud heritage dating back to the First World War

like the Leafs, Canada peaked in 1967

like the Leafs, it's been a long slow decline for the last fifty years

like the Leafs, Canada is now nothing but a soulless corporate entity which panders to whatever lunacy it is told to pander to on Twitter

Edited by Dougie93

Gourav Jaswal: From abroad, Canada looks like a country drowning in its own self-pitty

What I’ve been reading about Canada has seemed puzzling, to say the least, and often outright absurd

Author of the article:
Gourav Jaswal, Special to National Post
Publishing date:
May 26, 2021  •  36 minutes ago  •  4 minute read  • 

STW_stw_pride_in_the_flag_22_06_2012T144140

I didn’t plan on sending my sons to Canada for school, as I am very proud of the richness of the 2,000-year-old Indian civilization, including its languages, history, culture, literature and cuisine. But since that’s the way the dominoes of fate fell, I became keen in anticipation of what they would learn in Canada.

I’d hoped they would imbibe the rugged sportiness, the quiet sense of civic pride and social service, as well as the cheery optimism that Canadians were rightfully renowned for. All of which I’d seen and loved in Kevin Hawryluk, a Vancouver native who’d helped me kick-off one of my first startups.

In short, I was looking forward to my sons becoming more Canadian in Canada. But every week seems to bring a new episode in the unending TV series that should be called “Canada’s Got Stupid!” Now I worry that they are distanced from all that is wonderful in India, and instead are immersed in the worst of Canada.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/gourav-jaswal-from-abroad-canada-looks-like-a-country-drowning-in-its-own-self-pitty

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

it's honestly kind of liberating

used to be that Harold Ballard was wrecking the team, and I was stuck with it . . .  I don't feel obligated to support them.

. . . so I don't really feel like a Torontonian anymore.

You might enjoy being a 'Contrary Leaf' fan . . . . 

I'm a 'Contrary Canuck' fan . . . nothing is better than an eight game losing streak, except a nine or ten game losing streak. I revel in their losses and excuses. Brightens my day knowing they have a half century of 'chronic underachievement'.  Vancouver sports-talk radio stations typically feature a pair of hosts, with a combined IQ nudging double numbers, that chatter away for hours about hypothetical trades, could'a-would'a-should'a, what they had for breakfast, etc.  . . . 

Puts a smile on your face!

Try it! 

2 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You might enjoy being a 'Contrary Leaf' fan . . . . 

I'm a 'Contrary Canuck' fan . . . nothing is better than an eight game losing streak, except a nine or ten game losing streak. I revel in their losses and excuses. Brightens my day knowing they have a half century of 'chronic underachievement'.  Vancouver sports-talk radio stations typically feature a pair of hosts, with a combined IQ nudging double numbers, that chatter away for hours about hypothetical trades, could'a-would'a-should'a, what they had for breakfast, etc.  . . . 

Puts a smile on your face!

Try it! 

it has simply diminished the institution

the Leafs are no longer paramount, they've become just another generic corporate sports franchise

like the Blue Jays

technically I was a Blue Jays fan, but not really, because I was never fanatical about it

it's like when the Jays won the World Series

I wasn't over the moon about it, it wasn't like the Leafs winning the cup

it was just like, oh, the Jays won the World Series, good for them, moving on

that's the level the Leafs have fallen to now

• Like 1

but it's like don't believe Brendan Shanahan is actually Woke

I don't believe that Shanahan doesn't know what's going on

that he doesn't know totalitarian thought crime when he sees it

which means that Shanahan is just another moral coward pushing this crap as a corporate sychophant

that kind of kills the legend of Brendan Shanahan right there, just another gutless weasel like Ron Mclean

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1