Is Canada becoming a Communist state?

here's a little primer on the Hegelian Dialectic as related to the Woke commies

Marxism, Progressivism, Wokeism, it's all sects of the same leftist religion

and it's all based on the mythology propagated by Hegel

by engaging in the praxis of the Hegelian Dialectic

negative activism for an ostensibly good cause

you will destroy all the bad parts of society and a perfect society will be the result

this is the opiate of the leftist masses, the magical thinking which drives all their behaviour

although most  of them never analyze it and are rather just useful idiots going with the crowd

Edited by Dougie93

Canada is a tacit contract between the elites and the population: do your business but don't bother us much and we'll leave you run your affairs. That worked well while there was plenty of beavers and timber to send out, with some crumbs trickling to the general populace. But all entrenched, hereditary elites grow self-centered, lazy and inefficient. They create the environment that reproduces the past, rather than creates the future. Will it work in this century where competition is not on the resources, but innovation? We'll just have to see, because there's no other way to find out.

There's an annual "innovation competition" run by one of the Government major departments open for submission by the public and the industry. Can you guess the amount of the grant? Last I bothered to check it was $10,000 (not millions). Who wants to guess the amount of the annual pension plan contribution of the director of the department?

17 minutes ago, myata said:

Canada is a tacit contract between the elites and the population: do your business but don't bother us much and we'll leave you run your affairs. That worked well while there was plenty of beavers and timber to send out, with some crumbs trickling to the general populace. But all entrenched, hereditary elites grow self-centered, lazy and inefficient. They create the environment that reproduces the past, rather than creates the future. Will it work in this century where competition is not on the resources, but innovation? We'll just have to see, because there's no other way to find out.

I would submit that it is not actually working anymore

but the elites in Canada have the advantage of being propped up by Washington

Canada's unique position in terms of security and the economy reliant on America

this is allows Canada to be a political basket case, without the economy collapsing nor a military threat

although at this juncture Canada is becoming a no man's land, caught between Washington and Beijing

to wit, Canada lives in America mom's basement

Canada has high self esteem, low achievement

Canada suffers from arrested development

Canada has never had to fend for itself, Canada has never run its own affairs

Canada can't even tie its own shoelaces, but Canada thinks it is hot shit none the less

but Canada can't even carry out the minimum function of a nation state,  which is the military

Canada is an American protectorate, totally dependent on America mom

only foreign powers extracting resources and paying royalties keeps Canada propped up

as that shifts to selling resources to China, Canada is slowly moving in to China mom's basement now

America mom has been trying to kick Canada out of the house

so Canada is looking for a new mom to run Canada's life for it, in Beijing

Xi-Jinping-with-mother-Qi-Xin.jpg

Edited by Dougie93
  • Thanks 1

Canada has always lived in mom's basement

first Britain's, then America's

now while living in America's basement

Canada is threatening to move into China's basement

Canada thinks America will beg them to stay, due to their vastly inflated self esteem

but America doesn't really care at all, due to Canada's low achievement, and called them out on it

this upsets Canada because they think America should view them as highly as they view themselves

but because they don't, in order to protect their self esteem, Canada views it as a failing of America

that they don't concur with Canada's delusion

rather than look in the mirror and see that the failure is their own

Canada would rather maintain their sense of self worth without having to accomplish anything

than achieve something of relevance to elevate their sense of self worth

Edited by Yzermandius19

Canada's excessive self esteem is based on a causation - correlation fallacy

Canada believes that its prosperity is a result of good Canadian govenance

that is not the case however, Canada is a broken Confederation which does not functon

but since each province is trading north south with the Americans, that props them all up

if the provinces had to rely solely on the governance of Canada, it would have collapsed a long time ago

in fairness, Canada probably would be like this if it hadn't grown up in America mom's basement

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada's excessive self esteem is based on a causation - correlation fallacy

Canada believes that its prosperity is a result of good Canadian govenance

that is not the case however, Canada is a broken Confederation which does not functon

but since each province is trading north south with the Americans, that props them all up

if the provinces had to rely solely on the governance of Canada, it would have collapsed a long time ago

in fairness, Canada probably would be like this if it hadn't grown up in America mom's basement

indeed

Canada's prosperity is due to being economically integrated into world's largest economy since it's inception

riding the coattails of the most prosperous to prosperity

but Canada would rather believe that to be the result of "peace, order and good government"

correlation equals causation fallacy over 9000

Edited by Yzermandius19

H.L. Mencken said;

the definition of a nation is a people with a common misconception about their origins

combined with a common antipathy for their neighbours

so Canada does reach the threshold of a nation by that definition

you talk to the average Canada, they don't know anything about Canada

they don't know their own history, they were never taught the central narrative

all they know is that they are antipathic about America, the Reb Menace at the gates

the rest is just Liberal Party of Canada ahistorical dogma fed to Canadians like mothers milk from a young age

the reason Canada is threatening to move into China's basement is simple

their success is based on riding the coattails of the most prosperous

and

they believe China will overtake America as the world's most prosperous nation

so they keep complaining about living in America's basement and talking up the upside of living in China's basement

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the reason Canada is threatening to move into China's basement is simple

their success is based on riding the coattails of the most prosperous

and

they believe China will overtake America as the world's most prosperous nation

so they keep complaining about living in America's basement and talking up the upside of living in China's basement

the Liberals state this openly

in their orgies of Anti-Americanism, they declare that the end is nigh for America

of course Canada drinks its own bath water, Canada sees what it wants to see

to the point where Canada can't even see that their new master Xi Jinping is the second coming of Stalin

The population is not that much interested in construction and maintenance of own, sovereign democracy. Quiet international environment away from mainstream developments encourages "quiet haven" attitudes. Natural reaches encourage extensive exploitation in favor of innovation.

Little incentive to modernize, innovate look forward, it's not (entirely) broken yet and works somehow. The story of Covid shows it very clearly. Only one country out those that had high cost of SARS in 2002-2003 had it high again in Covid. Every single one of the rest has learned some lessons and made it better.

Riches is not necessarily a blessing.

20 minutes ago, myata said:

Riches is not necessarily a blessing.

but I am not rich because of Canada

I am rich because of Ontario's trade with America

it's not Canada that is making me rich, I have a separate relationship with the Americans for that

what do I need British Columbia for ?  Nothing, the other provinces are my enemies not my partners

the other provinces are all trying to screw me, by trying to get Ottawa to screw me on their behalf

it's like how am I so rich ?

how is it that I made so much buying & selling multi million dollar real estate ?

that is all about Toronto, Toronto is the engine generating that wealth

what is Toronto all about ?

Toronto is all about integrating with the American market, it's Hollywood North

what do I care about Fort McMurray, Alberta ?

nothing, I don't even get my oil from there, my oil comes from America

trade with America makes Ontario rich

Ottawa just makes it more difficult for Ontario to make itself rich

the rest of Canada is an anchor not a boon to Ontario

the conflicting interests of the other provinces that they demand to be included in negotiations with America

result in Ontario getting a much worse deal than it otherwise would if Confederation wasn't holding it back

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

trade with America makes Ontario rich

Ottawa just makes it more difficult for Ontario to make itself rich

the rest of Canada is anchor not a boon to Ontario

because I am half American, it doesn't bother me

I don't lament being America's protectorate, that's a great deal for me

God save the Queen, God bless America, who needs Canada ?  Not me

the same is true of the other provinces

the source of their prosperity is trade with most prosperous market on the planet, conveniently located just south of the border

they would be richer without having to pander to the conflicting interests of other provinces in trade negotiations with America

Vive le Quebec libre!

down with Confederation

let Quebec out

let America in

let the Indians up

Edited by Yzermandius19

like really, what is "Canada" ?

Canada is the remnants of Nouvelle France occupied by the British Empire

House of Bourbon forced to kneel before the House of Hanover

those are defunct empires, Canada has no relevenace to me in this Pax Americana

I have no interest in propping it up, vive l'Ontario libre

all that being said, I'm a rugged individualist, I judge every man as an individual

I'm happy to do business with the people here, I offer the open palm

it is actually my American side which wants to protect Canada from Beijing

but at the end of the day, if Canada insists on trying to drag me behind a Bamboo Curtain ?

if Canada insists on trying to "protect" me from my American freedoms, on behalf of Beijing ?

sorry Canada, can't save you from yourselves, can't follow you there neither

subordinating this land to the rule of a Philosopher King dictator who works for the Chinese Communists ?

that's a bridge too far, Canada,  the free world will resist you, we will refuse to follow

make yourselves a Potemkin Village at your own peril

big Red White & Blue machine rolls on without you

gang gang

Edited by Dougie93

It isn't entirely correct that Canada does not have its own narrative, several themes played out in its history like: the settlement; English-French; native relationships; confederation etc, not necessarily in the order of importance. But it's pretty clear that building a sovereign country and democracy was never a collective, conscious undertaking by the citizens; rather it was always either a gift from the imperial ancestor, or some clever thought by some clever guy or gal. And so basically, the democracy now exists at a distance, remote, for the mass by the elites and not by the citizens for themselves. Unfortunately in many cases such a detachment was a one-way street.

17 minutes ago, myata said:

And so basically, the democracy now exists at a distance, remote, for the mass by the elites and not by the citizens for themselves. Unfortunately in many cases such a detachment was a one-way street.

well it is a bit like China

you can make a lot of money here, you can kick back & enjoy the fruits of the American markets

but just don't expect any political progress, don't expect any change, it's moribund politically

4 hours ago, myata said:

Well, evolution does not know many examples of species set for eternal trek unconscious and unchanged. They found some crab that managed to buck the trend but that's a one in a million exception. There's only one way to find out...

you can only find out if you overthrow Canada

Canada is not going to change its nature, you can't vote Canada into being something other than Canada

much of things big things that Canadians want, are not in Canada's power to give them

Canada cannot make itself into something its not, just because you check a box on the voting card

the thing is, Canadians just go with the devil they know, rather than find out what comes after

that's not even a wrong headed position, because there is no guarantees that what comes after would be better

thus they accept Canada as being broken and live in the wreckage of it as best they can

they live in spite of Canada, they carry Canada as their cross to bear

Edited by Dougie93

Well, yes it's a difficult situation, individuals like societies are more usual to have a lot of creative energy and will to move, to construct and change when they're young. The youth age of Canada went by though in tough survival and quite mindless consumption of the natural riches (like cod fishing, timber etc).

And now any meaningful change is a tough proposition when a third of the population is pension-age and the rest has to support them and skyrocketing real estate and rental prices, plus the government and the debt. I don't have an obvious answer either way it's going to be tough.