America Under pResident Biden

7 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Trump was steadily pulling troops OUT...not putting them back in. Democrats need their wars.

10 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

trump did pull troops out of Syria but then sent them back to guard the oil wells.  

Not quite. We really don't know if those are US troops in Eastern Syria...and likely are NOT. More likely OTHER friendly forces that don't need the support a US unit requires.

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/06/donald-trump-approves-mission-return-us-troops-syria-secure/

The troops trump pulled out of Syria didn't go very far btw, just relocated to Iraq for a brief "holiday".

The media really don't know, either. The Telegraph especially seeing its anti-Trump bias to say anything they please to make a headline. You're free to actually provide some non-media evidence of these "US troops" that were dropped-off at oil wells in the middle of nowhere without support. I'm more likely to believe that they're Kurdish troops that hate ISIS guts and will guard said oil wells for free...so to speak.

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The media really don't know, either. The Telegraph especially seeing its anti-Trump bias to say anything they please to make a headline. You're free to actually provide some non-media evidence of these "US troops" that were dropped-off at oil wells in the middle of nowhere without support. I'm more likely to believe that they're Kurdish troops that hate ISIS guts and will guard said oil wells for free...so to speak.

That may be a problem since even they don't know for sure...

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020/11/outgoing-syria-envoy-admits-hiding-us-troop-numbers-praises-trumps-mideast-record/170012/

But I did stumble across this:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/22/u-s-active-duty-military-presence-overseas-is-at-its-smallest-in-decades/

FT_17.08.21_usMilitary_locations_trend-1

So basically trump was trying to ride Obama's coat tails.  Again.  

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Free Market, like all auto makers pledging to move towards EVs? 

It's exactly like when auto makers make hybrid cars to meet the demand for hybrid cars.

It's exactly like when auto makers make EVs to meet the demand for hybrid cars.

It's not so much like when auto makers make EVs just because the California government has mandated that they need to do that in order to stay in business.

Coal is bad for humanity. It's good to move away from it. The article YOU cited suggests China can move away from Coal towards LNG like much of the developed world has done. 

Coal isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

In Alberta, when coal made the bulk of electric power, it made 40 megatonnes of CO2. Albertans created over 100 megatonnes of CO2 by breathing. 

LNG is cleaner, but more prone to terrorist attacks.

When the LNG line in BC blew a couple of years ago the province almost ran out. They got so low that they had no reserves: they were down to line pressure.

If they ran out it would have been a total disaster. Aside from the fact that people would have frozen, and plumbing lines would be bursting like down in Texas, you can't just have 2 million homeowners re-start their own furnaces. It's guaranteed to result in deaths. 

Ad Hominem attacks are the last scourge of people without the intellectual ability to maintain a cordial debate. Way to show your true inability to maintain a proper debate. 

It's only an ad hominem attack if it comes in place of defeating another's debate points. 

If, after you soundly crush someone's debate points into oblivion, like I did, it's ok to voice a little bit of frustration at the ridiculous lack of quality in their arguments. 

For example, when you try to gloss over the fact that China is building 184 coal-fired plants and act like they're the Green Giant, that's either colossally stupid or just plain ignorant. While it would be entirely possible for me to ignore the elephant in the room, and not mention the ultra-low quality of your argument, I chose to make a note of it. 

It's easy to call people stupid. Doesn't really take any thought or critical thinking to do it. Congrats on lowering your debating style to the lowest common denominator. 

My debating was quite up to the challenge, I just voiced a bit of frustration at the end is all. 

If you (or others who are reading this) leave this discussion knowing that China is huge catastrophe as a 'green nation', and that their reasons for getting involved in the green tech biz aren't purely altruistic, then this has been a success. Whether or not you'll admit to it is a different story. 

I'm not apologizing for being honest though. Just up your game next time. 

2 hours ago, Shady said:

Apparently this is a new lefty trend.  They’ve hit peak insanity now.  And they wonder why people vote for Trump.

Nice rack at least! Reminds me of way back when I was in grade 9, and miniskirts were first appearing as fashion. We had a young...just out of teachers college english and math teacher - Miss U_____, who liked to wear short miniskirts to school and in class. 

Us boys in the class were driving her up the wall, because when we were asked to write sentences, we would write near the top of the blackboard, where our teacher...being only about 5 feet tall, had to stretch even on her tippy toes to reach, when she was trying to check and correct our grammar. We would make sure we had front row seats for class and would lie across our desks or bend down just see up her skirt a little for a cheap thrill.

Fun times! Until one of the girls told the teacher on us! Then it was game over. We didn't get any reprimands, but our favorite teacher started wearing more....'appropriate' clothing to class after that....oh well, it was fun while it lasted! 

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

I thought Biden was Iran's bitch. Now he's attacking Iranian militias and you guys are reminiscing about when Trump was a pushover, cowardly president who let them have their nuclear program back. Weird.

Iran's bitch but 

No, China’s bitch.  But he’s already starting more foreign wars as expected, and in less than 30 days!  Impressive! 

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I thought Biden was Iran's bitch. Now he's attacking Iranian militias and you guys are reminiscing about when Trump was a pushover, cowardly president who let them have their nuclear program back. Weird.

Lol, that was a leftist trash post if I ever saw one.

Can you define how Trump was a pushover for Iran? How the old nuclear deal was tougher on Iran than Trump? How Suleimani feels about Trump's alleged weakness?

Can you even say how Biden is justified to go attacking Iran's militias? Are you eager for war?

On 2/25/2021 at 8:36 PM, Cannucklehead said:

trump did pull troops out of Syria but then sent them back to guard the oil wells.  

Nice try.  Syria is the 70th largest producer of oil.  Stop defending Biden’s warmongering with Trump whataboutisms.  Stop being hypocrites you Trump haters.  You’d have more credibility.

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Equating burning coal to breathing. ?

This is the kind of right-wing idiocy that society has to deal with

There may not be "clean coal" but there is cleaner and North America's burning of coal for energy is the cleanest.

The lazy thinking of the left requires you to be afraid of "cleanest" coal and they'll show you pictures of smoke covered China or LA in the 70s to fan the flames. The brain-training system put into place by the elite whose deceptive whispers they sanction as whole truth demands it.

"Oh noes! The sky is burning. The bosses told me so and a Swedish teenager agrees so it must be true. We must run and tell the king because we're the smart ones."

If WCM's figures are right, he has a point. Calm down. Stop being silly.

Edited by Infidel Dog