Democracy Dies in Dems' Darkness

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-sues-philadelphia-mail-in-ballot-offices

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/detroit-chaos-republican-vote-challengers

Election rules are simple: both parties get to have campaign representatives overseeing the ballot counts. 

Not so in places like Detroit and Philadelphia where no oversight of ballot counting has been allowed in ballot-counting rooms by Republican representatives. Not surprisingly there were just enough Dem votes mailed in to save the day for Biden.

Interestingly enough, CNN was already verifying the legitimacy of this year's election on the night of the election, because somehow in their heart of hearts they just knew that everything was a-ok. But how's that even a thing? Aren't they the ones who were convinced that the whole 2016 election was illegal? In all honesty, they were kind of right, because one party caught cheating 3 times during the last election. The Dems. [Rigging a primary against Bernie, getting debate questions fed to them before the Presidential debates, and it's well-known that they were caught colluding with Russians for election dirt against Trump via Perkins Coie -> Christopher Steele -> dirty sneaky Russians]

The Dems were the party of the southern states who fought for secession so that they could keep their slaves, they fought against the blacks legally gaining the right to vote, after the blacks won that right the KKK was one of the Dems' paramilitary groups that used violence to stop blacks from voting, and in 2020 they were caught working to disenfranchise voters again. 

Judge Paul Diamond to the Trump campaign lawyer:

Diamond: Are your observers in the counting room?

Trump campaign: "There's a non zero number of people in the room"

Diamond: "I’m asking you as a member of the bar of this court: are people representing the Donald J Trump for president, representing the plaintiffs, in that room?"

Trump campaign lawyer: "Yes."

Diamond: "I'm sorry, then what's your problem?"

I think that was Philly.  I'm sure such silliness is playing out all over, though.

The lack of transparency in this process has been breathtaking.  Trump Haters seem to be totally willing to destroy the sanctity and the trust in the institution of the election process, all because orange man is bad.  They don’t care about destroying the trust of half the country in order to defeat Trump.  This comes after they’ve already destroyed the credibility of other important institutions like the FBI.  The ends justifies the means doesn’t begin to describe it.

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

"Sir, we are hopeful that a popular uprising will overthrow our democracy and establish our client as emperor"

On the other hand, I doubt you'll see many on the right calling for the electoral college to be dismantled.

BTW just wonderin, how you people likin it now?

;)

• Like 1

As the Trump team has been doing for the past 5 years, they continue to make false and baseless accusations 

Amazing how Trump didn’t start making his unfounded accusations until after he started losing, but this is exactly what everyone has been predicting he would do for months now. 

Like everything else, Republicans fail to grasp the larger and longer-term consequences of their baseless claims. They are destroying US democracy To simply say Trump is a sore loser and a liar and cheat and behaving true to form ignores the permanent damage Republicans are doing to America.  

Thanks to Republicans, American democracy is facing an existential crisis not seen since the Civil War and it some ways not even then. Democracy dies indeed but Republicans aee solely to blame. 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

On the other hand, I doubt you'll see many on the right calling for the electoral college to be dismantled.

BTW just wonderin, how you people likin it now?

;)

If there were no electoral college then I presume the matter would simply be decided purely on number of votes. Biden is four million votes ahead so...

10 hours ago, Shady said:

The lack of transparency in this process has been breathtaking. 

There are four states in question. Two are run by Republicans. The other two have Republican legislatures. One of those has a Republican in charge of the voting.

Quit whining. Find another god to worship. Donald Trump's bearded halfwit son is certain to run next time around. You can worship him instead.

Trump fans put their head in the sand. We all knew there were tens of millions of mail-in and early votes. And many states said they had to be counted after the November 3rd count. 

The idea that votes after November 3rd are fake is ridiculous. The early votes were well documented online. 

23 minutes ago, Argus said:

If there were no electoral college then I presume the matter would simply be decided purely on number of votes. Biden is four million votes ahead so...

Sure, obviously. But the point is, we know the EC is more fair than popular vote, no matter who wins.

Whether he has popular or not, it is the EC that gives the winner.

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Sure, obviously. But the point is, we know the EC is more fair than popular vote, no matter who wins.

Whether he has popular or not, it is the EC that gives the winner.

Fair to small states with small populations. Perhaps not so fair to enormous states with huge populations.

19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your Gods...

No, that's the difference between us. I don't worship politicians of any stripe. I've never voted FOR a politician in my life, and I've voted in every election. The least damage is what I vote for. I don't like any of those people but they're still a hundred times better than Trump and his grifter clan.

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It is statistically possible for a meteor worth trillions to impact in your backyard. It's very unlikely, however...

I feel similarly about 100,000+...250,000+ mail-in votes being 100% for Joe Biden.

Qanon heard from...

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Fair to small states with small populations. Perhaps not so fair to enormous states with huge populations.

How so? Giving proportional voice is fairness. it is not unlike Canada's system of ridings.

Else it is called Tyranny of the masses. But there's no perfect solution, only better, worse.

Here the EC shows how it works again, has worked fine for a long time. Even when popular vote is this close, within 2%, the EC shows a greater difference.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It is statistically possible for a meteor worth trillions to impact in your backyard. It's very unlikely, however...

I feel similarly about 100,000+...250,000+ mail-in votes being 100% for Joe Biden.

If democrats preferred to vote by mail rather then in person because fear of Covid, while republicans preferred to vote in person because covid threat was overrated why wouldn't the mail-in ballots be mostly democrat?  Especially if they're from urban areas?

Edited by dialamah

13 minutes ago, dialamah said:

If democrats preferred to vote by mail rather then in person because fear of Covid, while republicans preferred to vote in person because covid threat was overrated why wouldn't the mail-in ballots be mostly democrat?  Especially if they're from urban areas?

So you failed math is what you're saying.

You'd have a better chance of winning the same lottery twice...

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

And if they were, I would be suspicious too.  I suspect the real percentage was in the 65%-85% range, which is entirely reasonable given COVID-19 and Trump's maniacal attitude towards mail in ballots in the election run up.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Please tell me these ain't yours...

Even if, I didn't see where these people were calling for defunding police, remove historical sites, shame on America for being white, racism is systemic, let the riots continue. People like the squad will now have a blank cheque on power.

And when they get the house, and the senate...
The American voters have spoken!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Apparently there is an asteroid out there that is worth more than the whole world's economy.

NASA finds rare metal asteroid worth more than global economy

So Trump could still win! I got my shovel ready!

• Like 1

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Even if, I didn't see where these people were calling for defunding police, remove historical sites, shame on America for being white, racism is systemic, let the riots continue. People like the squad will now have a blank cheque on power.

And when they get the house, and the senate...
The American voters have spoken!

Yep, and if Trump were an actual person, instead of a caricature, and those people I posted were reasonable politicians, instead of sycophantic poltroons, I might have been rooting for them these last few days.  Probably not, but it would have been closer.