The Coronavirus

There is still research coming out about this drug, hydroxychloroquinine. The drug that unfortunately was mentioned by Donald Trump, making it open to the focus of political manipulation.

First, the Lancet article that poo-poo'd this drug in May, has been retracted:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

Quietly retracted, might add. While we all heard about it when it came out, there was almost a fanfare and some people on here wrote gleefully, with the intent to point out "Trump was wrong!!!"

- As if Donald Trump looked up some random drug name and pulled this out if his ass, is if it is his fault. This is why the drug is politicized.

Yet nothing said when it was retracted. Not mentioned by the media. Why is that? Where are the posters here, those who crowed gleefully about it being ineffective, to come forward and announce it? You can't. Because, Trump.

Information from new studies, vetted peer reviewed, respectable organizations.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

Different study:

https://thinkpol.ca/2020/07/03/ny-study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-may-have-saved-covid-19-patients-lives/

Dr. Takahisa Mikami and his team at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, NY, analyzed the outcomes of 6493 patients who had laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 in the New York City metropolitan area, according to the article appearing in the Journal of General Internal Medicine[1]

Because Trump.

• Like 1

Restaurateurs expecting that 60% of restaurants will be closed in the next two months. Say buh-bye to their businesses and jobs!

Federal government called upon to step up for Canada's restaurants

With patio season winding down, the country’s beleaguered eateries are facing an uncertain autumn as the pandemic continues to rout their business.

Last month, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce said as many as 60% of this country’s restaurants may close over the next three months.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The third doctor mentions how she uses drugs to cure the patients. Hydroxychloroquine is mentioned frequently.

Third Doctor is Dr. Stella Immanuel.  She believes that governments are creating a vaccine against religion, blames illnesses on witches and demons - it works like this: "They (demons) turn into a woman and then they sleep with the man and collect his sperm… then they turn into the man and they sleep with a man and deposit the sperm and reproduce more of themselves," she said during a sermon in 2013."

So, you can believe her if you want to, but I'm going to believe someone a little less backward.  Here's her YouTube channel, in case you want to, for instance, expose the BLM witches, or pray your own witches away.  https://www.youtube.com/user/firpowerministries/videos 

More info, in case you'd like that instead of witchcraft and demons.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53579773

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/07/30/americas-frontline-doctors/

All religions can have some nutty beliefs. 

For example here's an animation in music of some of the nutty thing Muslims believe:

The Doctor being attacked for her religious beliefs here got her medical degree in Nigeria. She practiced there and was accustomed to prescribing Hydroxychloroquine for malaria. She practices in America now. Her claim is as follows:

“I treat patients with covid19 and Hydroxychloroquine with zinc works. They get better in 24 hours. I have not lost a patient yet. My family and I take it for prevention. Many doctors and nurses take it.”

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/dr-stella-immanuel/

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

Well she was one of a group of about 15 doctors speaking but if there is an unproven allegation of medical abuse against her then perhaps her testimony should be eliminated from the 15 until the allegation can be resolved. There are still studies and reports from medical facilities attesting to an effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine  when administered correctly.

I'd never heard of the Nigerian doctor but she is interested.

Apparently the "Demon possession" claim comes from a line the leftist journal The Daily Beast found somewhere:

As the Daily Beast pointed out, some of Immanuel’s sermons posted to her website have strange medical claims, including one in which she claims that certain medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility and impotence are the result of sex with “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives,” which Immanuel described as having sex in dreams with witches and demons.

“We call them all kinds of names —endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband,” she said.

It doesn't surprise that animistic beliefs still exist in Africa though and can be integrated into Christianity. Muslims are told by their "perfect book" sperm comes from the spine. They're required to believe their perfect book. Will you still allow them to become doctors?

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

She is not deciding on her own, independently, which drug regime to give a patient to treat coronavirus.

To assume that she's a nutjob and shouldn't be trusted about the medical procedures she is performing every day, like she's a quack or something, just shows you are naive about the big picture. How does a hospital work. How do they authorize medical procedures for a person when they're admitted?

These doctors are applying treatments that they are say are effective. I have reason to believe it's possible, yes.

The number of infections continues to increase in Ontario and many other locations around the world. Fortunately the number of deaths is almost non-existent, near zero. So, despite the infections going way up again, people are not dying and there i probably a very good reason for this. I gave one reason - there is treatment if the disease is detected in the early stage.

48 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

She is not deciding on her own, independently, which drug regime to give a patient to treat coronavirus.

Nowhere in the video does it say she treated them in hospital.  She says they came to her clinic scared to death because of what a doctor told them, so she treated them and none died.  Which begs the questions - how sick were they, and would they have done just as well with no treatment.

She also goes on to say that waiting for double-blind studies to prove the drug works is unethical.  

48 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I have reason to believe it's possible, yes.

Yes, you do.  They aren't good reasons, but you have them.

Edited by dialamah

26 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Nowhere in the video does it say she treated them in hospital.  She says they came to her clinic scared to death because of what a doctor told them, so she treated them and none died.  Which begs the questions - how sick were they, and would they have done just as well with no treatment.

She also goes on to say that waiting for double-blind studies to prove the drug works is unethical.  

Yes, you do.  They aren't good reasons, but you have them.

You are attacking the person again, when i have given lots of links here in the past two days to show the research for this drug is valid. You can pick on the beliefs of one of those speakers if you want, up to you. I do not background check these people. There is nothing more I can say to your replies, since you are not addressing topic but me again, I am partisan hack, she is a witch doctor. Until you have something useful to say, and on topic,  I wish to be on the ignore list a little longer please.

56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1.  You are attacking the person again,

2. when i have given lots of links here in the past two days to show the research for this drug is valid.

3.  You can pick on the beliefs of one of those speakers if you want, up to you.

4. I do not background check these people.

5.  There is nothing more I can say to your replies,

6.  since you are not addressing topic but me again, I am partisan hack, she is a witch doctor.

7.  Until you have something useful to say, and on topic,  I wish to be on the ignore list a little longer please.

1. Why should I, or anyone, believe someone who appears to be some weird cross between a witch doctor/faith healer/western doc, who says crazy things almost daily?  Why did you?

2.  I looked at those, as well.  The study finding that there was some percentage less deaths when treated with hydroxichloriquine said, in their study, that more research was needed.  They also excluded people over 65 from their study - that in itself would allow for better outcomes.  So, maybe this drug deserves more study, but so far there is isn't nearly enough proof that this is a cure.

3.  You specifically pointed out that speaker in your OP; it wasn't me just selecting the least credible person.

4.  Yes, that is abundantly clear.  Maybe you should start, instead of just grabbing anything that supports your POV.  

5.  Again, abundantly obvious.

6.  Why should I let an attempt to spread bullshit remain unchallenged?  Everybody agrees that fake news is a problem, until they're the ones spreading it, of course.

7.  Hey, you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.  

I'll just keep posting factual information, thanks! I dont need your approval or acknowledgement. This is a discussion on a specific topic, not me. Dont like that link? Oh well. How about the Henry Ford clinic, which I opened this part of the discussion with?

Or how about the Japanese guy. They sound legit to me, I didn't look into what they do or say on their private time.

Henry Ford was a good guy, I think.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1