The Coronavirus

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Of course...what the left hates to admit...is that if Trump easily survives Covid-19 at his age..

Easily?  They guy can barely breathe.  He was stupid to leave the hospital, but what else can we expect from a psychopathic narcissist.

28 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So yeah, one stupid person who refuses to follow the rules, put my partner at risk, put everyone they were within several feet of at risk, put the medical staff at risk because they couldn't be bothered to just call ahead to say they were coming in so that the staff could take proper precautions to protect everyone else who was there.

This scenario isn't likely. Brief direct exposures to the virus are not that great a concern. It takes prolonged exposure (tens of minutes) in enclosed space, near contact, to get enough viral load in a transmission. That is not to say it's impossible however.

The rules are so complex and constantly changing, it's difficult to know what to do. A person is sick, they go to the ER. They get yelled at by nurses, and cursed at by people waiting in line.

What a nice world you people have made...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

why are we shut down like it was a weaponized variola outbreak cutting a swath through the population?

210,000+ dead sounds like a 'swath' to me.  But what do you and your psychopathic leader care, eh?   

Btw, Corona has now killed far more people in the West than Islamists ever did.  But hey - as far as you are concerned, people are expendable for political partisanship.  One death from an Islamist is an unacceptable crime; 100,000s of thousands of preventable deaths from a virus is unremarkable.

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What a nice world you people have made...

This world has been made by idjits like you who act as if this virus is no big deal.  You whine about 'old folks who can't see their family' and give no thought to the families of the millions who've already died around the world.  

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It takes prolonged exposure (tens of minutes) in enclosed space, near contact, to get enough viral load in a transmission.

My partner waited in line for about 30 minutes.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

They get yelled at by nurses, and cursed at by people waiting in line.

Nobody cursed at her in line; nobody knew she had Covid till she got to the triage nurse.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The rules are so complex and constantly changing, it's difficult to know what to do.

Complex?   

1. Wash your hands;
  2. Keep your distance;
  3. Wear a mask when shopping and in enclosed spaces;
  4. Quarantine when instructed to do so.

Yup, that's real tough and hard to understand.   

31 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Easily?  They guy can barely breathe.  He was stupid to leave the hospital, but what else can we expect from a psychopathic narcissist.

You're a medical doctor & phycologist to the President of the USA? You're one incredible woman.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Complex?   

1. Wash your hands;
  2. Keep your distance;
  3. Wear a mask when shopping and in enclosed spaces;
  4. Quarantine when instructed to do so.

Yup, that's real tough and hard to understand.   

Hey man, I give you respect all the time. So now you throw shit around as usual.

So what part of those rules did the lady not follow? Probably, none. You can't remain in quarantine if you need to go to the hospital. Those simplistic rules you follow dont cover that.

And as long as "partner" was following precautions, I wonder, how could it happen? Face masks didn't help I guess.

As I predicted long ago.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dialamah said:

210,000+ dead sounds like a 'swath' to me.  But what do you and your psychopathic leader care, eh?   

Btw, Corona has now killed far more people in the West than Islamists ever did.  But hey - as far as you are concerned, people are expendable for political partisanship.  One death from an Islamist is an unacceptable crime; 100,000s of thousands of preventable deaths from a virus is unremarkable.

Yeah...they're zipping-up the body bags in the streets. Droppin' like flies, apparently...

210,000 apparent bodies...cause of death suspicious. Anyone can SAY it's by this virus....and they do. Look at you.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Hey man, I give you respect all the time. So now you throw shit around as usual.

So what part of those rules did the lady not follow? Probably, none. You can't remain in quarantine if you need to go to the hospital. Those simplistic rules you follow dont cover that.

And as long as "partner" was following precautions, I wonder, how could it happen? Face masks didn't help I guess.

As I predicted long ago.

Obey!

mao-zedong-obey-prints.jpg

Just now, OftenWrong said:

I remember telling her, specifically, that face masks are not good because they give a false sense of security.

But she wouldn't listen...

I sat patiently for all of this BS. Now I'm beginning to suspect this is just ANOTHER way to take down Trump...and hey, we all get to be involved in this one.

"Why did they cancel Halloween, Daddy?"

"Orange Man Bad, son."

59 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Now I'm beginning to suspect this is just ANOTHER way to take down Trump...

It has certainly morphed into that for some. Maybe even a few around here.

Not that I think the presumed lady is a never-Trumper. :rolleyes:

If this story of hers is true, lets wish him a speedy recovery. No stigma for getting the virus.

• Like 1

Isreali researchers see 50% decrease in sperm among men who've had Coronovirus, raising concerns about infertility.  More research is needed, but similar and permanent infertility have been seen in men who've had SARS or Mumps.

It'll be a long time till we know the full effects of Covid-19.  Almost everything at this point really is speculation.

UN's World Food Program wins Nobel Peace Prize

Why did I do that? Why post a link about the Nobel Peace Prize being given to a foodbank, in the Coronavirus thread?

Because it says THIS-

WFP executive director David Beasley told Reuters the prize was a clarion call "to our donors around the world" and "to the billionaires who are making billions off COVID."

Only this week, a report by UBS and PwC found billionaire wealth had reached a record high during the pandemic, helped by a rally in stock prices.

Do you get that? These are the people who run things. They own the media, and they are loving it. Just loving it.
And now you know why, you/I/we are totally f*cked.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:32 AM, dialamah said:

Isreali researchers see 50% decrease in sperm among men who've had Coronovirus, raising concerns about infertility.  More research is needed, but similar and permanent infertility have been seen in men who've had SARS or Mumps.

It'll be a long time till we know the full effects of Covid-19.  Almost everything at this point really is speculation.

Maybe this is nature's way of combatting climate change.

Testing of people who are asymptomatic has been halted.

The government said earlier this week that low-risk asymptomatic people can get appointment-only tests at up to 60 pharmacies but clarified Thursday that the initiative would only apply to certain individuals, such as those with loved ones in long-term care homes or close contacts of a case.

That means some people with no symptoms who are simply seeking reassurance they don't have the virus will not be able to access testing offered by the government.

Link (CBC News)

Maybe they know something we don't know. Evidently, their level of concern over "asymptomatic" spread (which always sounded like misinformation to me) has gone way down.

• Like 1

If the risk of asymptomatic infection is much lower than was feared early on, we should look at the consequences of our actions over that misguided good intention. By that I mean the decision to use facemasks to reduce asymptomatic spread.

The shift in messaging on cloth masks, the (CDC) agency said, came in light of evidence that people with few or no symptoms of Covid-19 can still transmit the virus.

Link

It is time to come to terms with what I said many months ago.
- The masks are only of minimal effectiveness.
- Since they are not good they impart a false sense of security in the public, resulting in greater chance of infection.

• Like 1

Sometimes the truth comes out, between the lies.

Coronavirus pandemic is causing 'unacceptable' shortages in US drug supplies, report says

(CNN)The coronavirus pandemic is causing "unacceptable" shortages of US drug supplies in the United States, according to a report from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota.

The report says shortages have limited 29 of 40 drugs critical for treating Covid-19 patients, including propofol, albuterol, midazolam, hydroxychloroquine, ... according to the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.

• Like 1

On Friday, Quebec's deputy premier, Geneviève Guilbault, delivered a blunt message to her home city, currently the epicentre of the second COVID-19 wave in the province, on Friday.

Guilbault said the health-care system will have to start cancelling procedures like hip replacements and delaying cancer diagnoses if COVID cases continue to increase.

CBC

About 75% of the deaths in Canada have been in Quebec old-age homes.
Age distribution of people who have died in Quebec.

Age 90+     33%
80-90         40%
70-80         18%
60 - 70         6%
50 - 50         2%
Total           99%
Source

Please explain, you super-geniuses, how you justify delaying people's cancer diagnoses to save people from dying from COVID-19, who are already at the median age of life expectancy. (78)

Edited by OftenWrong